Doing p90x?

Doing p90x?

• Total voters
I'm one of the ones on the fence....Tell me what about this is so great?!?! I've seen the after pictures..and I know about a lot of REAL people who have had success..but do I have the discipline?? I know I won't follow the nutritional guidelines...but I will follow the workouts...I love Cathe..How does P90X compare? I didn't find any previews on the beachbody website. Is there somewhere else I can go to see previews of the workouts?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

he is great for upper body and core and plyometrics
cathes good for lower body and cardio

i have had fabulous results with his rotation
i haven't forgotten cathe though. i add her workouts on
try checking out the advanced search for more info

laura

I was on the fence for so long. I will finish my first week of doubles on Saturday and I didn't know what I was missing! I paid 120 for it and it was worth every penny.

Tracy

I'm in week one and loving it.

Tony is definitely different from Cathe and I wasn't sure if I would like it, but, I really do love it. His personality is not for me but I'm not annoyed because I love the exercises. I also love that they are an hour long (except Yoga I think). Some of Cathe's are quite a bit longer than an hour and I can't quite fit them in if I have to go to work.

Buffy

>I'm in week one and loving it.
>
>Tony is definitely different from Cathe and I wasn't sure if I
>would like it, but, I really do love it. His personality is
>not for me but I'm not annoyed because I love the exercises.
>I also love that they are an hour long (except Yoga I think).
>Some of Cathe's are quite a bit longer than an hour and I
>can't quite fit them in if I have to go to work.
>

Buffy-

Which rotation are you doing? I am on with week one also and am loving the workouts, but not Tony's constant chit chat. I don't remember which workout he says "I'm in a good mood today" and my DH and I had to look at each other and laugh. He's always talking like he has had too much caffeine or something. But the workouts are killer. Good luck!

Lea

Hey wanted to add if you don't love Tony's personality there are SO many options.

You can do music and cues only (I do that on LB and ARX since we do that a lot). For things like Pfifer sizzors the cues are for each number.

A bunch of folks do their own music too. Personally I Love the music but just another ooption.

Hi all, I'd been seriously thinking about getting P90x for quite some time (I have almost every other program from Beachbody and really like them). I'd seen such raves for P90x here and elsewhere....but because of the higher price of the program it always stopped me. The other day I got an email with a special offer so I splurged and ordered it...CAN'T WAIT to get it!! Wow Shelley, what great results you've gotten! Sounds like many of you have gotten very good results. What rotation do you all suggest or do you recommend rotating through them. My goal right now is to lose 15-20 lbs that I've gained in the last year mostly due to medication that I'm now trying to wean off of, plus 2 back-to-back ear surgeries. My bodyfat is currently a lot higher than it's been in 10+ years, argh. I figure I'll have to follow the nutrition plan to get results because currently I'm doing VERY hard Cathe rotations and while I seem to be shaping up and my endurance is definitely a LOT better I still have a ways to go. I'm not eating perfect right now but have been striving to cut back portions and eat healthier foods. Anyway....given my goals do you all recommend that I try the lean rotation? I'm 44 years old but in pretty good condition....before my surgeries I was doing triathlons and marathons...and plan to get back to them next spring/summer. Thanks all, very inspiring to read your comments!

Cheryl

p.s. Oh...and I meant to ask about the pull-up bar. I don't have one yet but have a Total Body gym that I figure I'll put in the pull-up position and start out that way because I know I can't do a real pull-up at this time...do you all think this will work for now?

Never heard of it till now. So,I'm on the fence till I get further educated about this. Most of my Cathe tapes were ordered from Collage till I learned enough about her and got curious enough to visit the site. Now, it's all here. The more feedback the better.

Jennifer in MI

Ann Marie - Congrats on your purchase! A BUNCH of us are starting on 1/1/07! It's a Monday too perfect!

I'm going to be a grad after tonights workout! woo hoo!

Robyn,
I have seen alot of your posts, raving about the series. I have been on the fence for awhile, and decided to take the plunge. I want a change, and to be able to do a pull up!;-) Although, that may never be possible;( So far, I do girl pushups, but I have made great strides with Cathe, and love her!:) :)

Ann Marie

I'd like to hijack this thread ever so briefly...

I'm on week 11 and will finish my first P90X program by the end of November. I'd like to start with everyone on 1-1-07. If I do a Cathe rotation for the month of December...is that enough of a break between ending my first and starting the second?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Diana

I've done it once and then incorporated a week into another rotation. I plan on doing it again eventually.

Hi Diana! I'm a grad as of last night :) woo hoo

Anyhow I'm having a heck of a time figuring out a rotation

Trying to get

1. 3 days strength
2. 3 of cardio
3. 1 of yoga
4 1 of rest

Problem is it's an 8 day week!

I think the important thing is so you get some rest before and after the cathe sandwich rotation!

Congrats on week 11

Happy Graduation, Robyn!

I realized yesterday was my last Chest & Back for a while :( Thanks for the wise advise regarding rest...it sure does wonders! It also would be good to shake things up by doing a rotation with circuits to use these new cool DVDs from Cathe.

I know what you mean about needing 8 days! I've decided my 'rest' day will be yoga. I've come to enjoy doing that weekly.

Take care!
Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.