Does anyone still use FIRM videos?

cathe-convert

I'm just curious. I own almost all the older FIRM videos (before GT took over) and used almost only FIRM before I found Cathe.

I had an exercise drop-off for a couple months and decided to try a couple of my FIRM videos to ease back into things. Even my hardest FIRM videos are easy compared to Cathe!! And I realized I hadn't done any FIRM for about 2 years! I hadn't realized it had been so long! Even when I was pregnant and then nursing, I still used Cathe and just modified for my fitness level at the time.

I still love the old FIRM because they are what introduced me to video exercise. But nothing compares to Cathe these days. What about the rest of you? Do you still use your FIRM videos? Which ones? And are any of the new ones worth getting? I haven't liked any of the new ones I've seen!

i still use mine from time to time. i like vol.3 the most. dunno why i just feel i get more out of that one and the other videos i feel like i am using sloppy form just to keep up the speed. i have a few of the goodtimes ones that i use on lighter days. besides vol.3 my most favorite is super cardio mix,b/c i can mix and match and its rather high impact.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

I haven't done many Firms but the only one that I would still continue to do is Super Cardio Mix. Not quite as intense as Cathe, but it is still pretty good and like Kassia said, rather high impact.

Marcy

I still use Vol. 1 very frequently. Even when I was at my fittest doing the entire BodyMax in one sitting (or standing) I still got a good workout with Vol. 1. (it's the first video I've ever owned and I have a sentimental attachment to it).

I probably have 20 or 30 pre-GT Firms and I haven't touched them in years. I can't exactly say why as The Firm does have some decent workouts. The funny thing is I can't bring myself to get rid of them either. Maybe I am subconsciously hanging on to them for the day when my body won't be able to do Cathe workouts anymore.

I have about 20 Firm workouts, but the only one I still use is Body Sculpting Basics. Since I started Cathe, Mindy, some CIA...I can't get myself to do the Firm workouts. I am having a yard sale sometime in June and figure that will be the perfect opportunity to clean out the workouts I haven't touched in years.

I still use the firm, I mix Cathe with the firm along with the Treadmill. I have all 4 of the firm systems along with some of the older ones. I only just started using Cathe, I mainly tape her off of Fit TV, but I have bought a few of the VHS tapes that they have been clearencing out. I really like her workouts, I think that they compliment each other.

Chris

A minute on the lips, is forever on the hips.

I did one the other day - the original ones that is. It was okay for a change but not as tough as Cathe and after Cathe everyone is easy.

As for the newer ones? I bought a Firm package a few years ago and I hated it! I didn't like the workout, the instructors, the routine, nothing and I gave it away.
I tried a dvd again , a more recent one and haven't used it but once.

Standing Legs...yes that will always be their best. I love the Firm parts best.

I still use my Firms, and I still get a great workout from them esp. if I heavy up on the weights. My favorites are Vol 1, 2, 4, Super Cardio Mix and Super Sculpt. I bought a few of the newer workouts like BSS2 and BSS3 and they were way too easy for me.

I use the older Firms regularly and I still stick with instructors such as Tracie Long. I like Cathe but I need variety as do my muscles.

Don't get me wrong, I love Cathe, but I will always, always do my Firms. In fact, I just finished Volume 1.

As far as difficulty level, if you go HEAVY on the Classics, there isn't anything much harder in my opinion. Cathe is tough, but the Firms are tough in a different way. I use both and always will! :D

I really like the new BSS4 and the Firminator (new box with incline part).

I have so many workouts, and I go in phases, so I haven't used my Firms for a while (except for those newer ones), but the Firm is where I go when the caboose starts getting a bit loose (which seems to happen pretty quickly nowdays!). There nothing, IMO, like the Firm for boosting the rear.

I love the original 6 Firms,the tri-trainer series, and Super Cardio and Super Sculpt. I do not like any one of the newer "shorter" & "easier" workouts.

I totally agree. I find the Firm has the best butt-lift exercises, at least for my body.

Sunday I just bought I think the BSS4, it has the incline box you mention. I seen it at a MCsports and thought I would give it a try. I only did two workouts from the system, so far they're fun and I have no complaints.

I like doing both Cathe and Firm workouts. Since I just bought the BSS4, I probably stick with that for awhile with my walking and running.

I still use Firm videos; I have every Firm ever made and still find them challenging and FUN. I never get tired of them.

I think a combination of Cathe and The Firm works great for me. They compliment each other so well.

DB1

I'm with you! Even though I haven't used my FIRMs much, I can't bear to get rid of them. However, now that I have almost all of Cathe's videos, plus all the old FIRMs, I'm needing some shelf space. I think I'm going to try to cull out some that I rarely did, even when I was using the FIRM all the time.

I went back and tried a couple of the FIRM videos with heavier weights. Working out with Cathe has made me realize that I can use much heavier weights, even heavier than the FIRM recommends, and so, going back to the FIRM with this new mindset has revived some of those tapes for me!

I am now completely devoted to Cathe workouts, but I was going to be really sad to totally leave the FIRM behind, since that was where I started!

Yes, I still do the Firms, but not as often as I used to.

This week, I did "Super Sculpting" and felt really more worked out than I have in a while.

I will always love the Firm, although I love Cathe too.

I agree - both are challenging, but in different ways.

I have always felt that Cathe and the Firm complemented one another.

Another good video is Charlene Prickett's "Crazy for Step" although I don't agree with their use of 10 in risers. I agree with Cathe, 8 inches is high enough.

The only Firm video I have ever owned is Super Cardio and YES, I still do it, still love it, and it still challenges me! I like to rotate my use of that video...I'll usually do it once a week for a few weeks, every couple of months. It has been in my rotation since 2003 and it's not going anywhere, anytime soon! The only thing is...the music and the instructors' voices really annoy me, so I turn the volume all the way down on the TV and just play the stereo instead. Those instructors are to be seen and NOT heard. x(

I still do the firm and I just purchased the Transfirmer kit from Target. I rented the videos from netlfix first to cehck them out and it seems fun. I love variety.

.Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.