Do you wear make up when working out?

No, I think that would sting a lot. Also, I sweat like I was a sprinkler so I figure it would just ruin my cute workout clothes.

Yes, I wear makeup almost every time I work out. Usually I work out at night after I have been at work. I wear full hair and makeup to work so I still look that way at night. I wear a bandana to keep the sweat out of my eyes and remove my earrings if they dangle.

On the weekends I wear makeup too, just not as much. Hair is in a ponytail instead of down. I wear cute barrettes with my ponytail and some small earrings. Earrings are usually really fun ones like kitty cats or flowers or maybe Hello Kitty. My barretts are usually bows or something made for little girls.

I am a big girl, 5'10 size 14 but very feminine. I am not a spring chicken! But I do try to have fun being a girl and really enjoy myself.

Last edited:
I don't bother to take it off if I'm already wearing it (I wear mineral makeup, and usually no mascara), but if I were to workout in a gym, I'd wear minimal makeup (undereye cover, which I always wear in public). For my morning walks, I usually just wear sunscreen.

Well if I'm filming I have to...it just comes with the job but I scrub it off faster than you can say "work work" when I'm done :D

When I teach my morning classes I generally don't wear it...just some chapstick and occasionally a soft eyeliner if I look really tired.

Well, to me the whole point about working out at home is that you can really look just-any-old-how. Then it's all about the work.

I'm sweating so hard it's pouring off - face all red and throbbing - yikes - I live in fear of hearing a knock on the front door.

But when its over and you get straightened up - IMO - your skin glows and your hair shines - so it's all good - right??

But I soooooooo agree with the others - if she's judging you on appearance and not ability maybe best check her out with her other instructors before taking the plunge.

I'm noticing more and more that women are wearing no make-up at all - perhaps that's to do with getting older - I don't know. I certainly couldn't go to work or out socially au naturelle - but each to their own.

When I teach class I wear mineral foundation and chapstick...... the foundation stays on no matter how much I sweat. When I workout at home I have makeup only if my workout occurs after work.

I think people should do whatever feels comfortable for them, although most perfumes do get a little nauseating during a full out cardio session

I rarely wear makeup, and my awesome husband tells me he thinks I look better without it! Personally, I would never work for someone who required me to wear makeup.

I live in a somewhat rural area, and I often see beautiful women of all ages out and about who are makeup-free. Whenever we visit the city, I always notice how much more makeup the ladies are wearing.

Well if I'm filming I have to...it just comes with the job but I scrub it off faster than you can say "work work" when I'm done :D

When I teach my morning classes I generally don't wear it...just some chapstick and occasionally a soft eyeliner if I look really tired.

Well heck thanks Cathe, . . .if chapstick is good enough for you then it is good enough for me. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.