Do you want a workout blender on the STS DVD's?

Do you want a workout blender on the STS DVD's?

• Total voters
Post your vote (and optional comments) here, where SNM will have a quick way of seeing our opinions on this option).

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't understand the "on a compilation disc" option. I'd like the workout blender because I find a lot of the premixes are ones I could easily do on my own, especially on the 4DS. (Weights before cardio, both cardio sessions back to back, etc.) I'd like to be able to mishmosh more easily. I hsven't voted yet, because I'm hoping someone will "splain" it to me. TIA!

BTW, the workout blender on the BB series included larger "chunks" of exercises (eg. "leg presses through one legged squats" rather than individual chapters/exercises (leg presses, plies, lunges, one-legged squats etc). I don't want to have to remember which exercise occurred when in the workout. I hope the STS workout blender option would offer choices by chapter rather than a choice of "chunks." Hopefully, someone understands what I'm saying!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I voted yes, but my true answer is: I don't know, so why not? It's impossible to say whether I'll use it with these workouts, as I know so little about the workouts. I know that I really like the feature on the Body Blast cardio dvds, and feel limited by the 6-choice maximum. I've never tried blending my own weight workout on the BB dvds, as I'm happy using the workouts and premixes as-is.

Cheers,
Sandra

>Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't understand the "on a
>compilation disc" option.

It's an option Cathe posted about before: a separate DVD with some kind of compilation of the workouts (I don't quite understand it either, because if they put 'all' the workouts on one DVD, why buy more than that one DVD?)

That's exactly why I wasn't understanding it! Thanks very much for taking the time to get back to me, Kathryn. I'll go vote now....
BTW, thanks also for creating the poll!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

My Thoughts on Workout Blender and Compilation DVD

Kathryn:

This series involves 10 DVDs. I do not imagine that it would be possible to fit all that footage on a single compilation DVD. It is my understanding that the compilation DVD is for those who want a total body workout on a single DVD instead of (or in addition to) the whole system, but I could be wrong.

I would like to know how much additional work and stress this feature will cause for Cathe and company, how much more this will cost, and how much longer it will take to produce, as well as the risk that this will cause freezing issues in certain DVD players (and more hassle for Cathe in the end). I have not had any issues with Cathe’s DVDs in my Sony player, but I have read that others had problems with the Body Blast Series. Of course, I know that technology has improved since then. I have never played with the workout blender. I have not even attempted all the premixes in that series!

I personally do not see the need for a workout blender since the whole purpose of this system is to have an effective rotation that is designed and tested by Cathe for results. I do not see myself mixing it up on my own since Cathe is already planning to do that in the premixes, and she is the fitness professional!

I would prefer to see Cathe focus her time and energy on creating and producing the most effective workouts ever! It would make the most sense to have the blender on a total body compilation DVD if you think about it. That way, people who want to “split” the body parts a different way will be free to do so. For example, I do not see how a workout blender would help someone who wants a back and biceps workout if they are on different DVDs.

I will leave this decision to those who prefer to design their own workouts. As for me, I trust Cathe! She knows way more than I do about this!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

I vote no, in agreement with a previous post. Cathe is the professional, and I get great results following her regiments. She works hard on her product, and far be it from lil ol' me to tinker with it. :)

May I also add that I CAN'T WAIT!!

I voted no because I never could figure out how to use the workout blender on previous DVD's. I like premixes much better.

I voted no. I hardly ever even use premixes although obviously I'll be using them with this new series. Can't wait!

Missy

I'm going to vote yes because I love to make up my own stuff

as well as have pre-mixes. I look at 4DS and play around with it to make a double Chest and tricep day. But its a lot of clicking around to do that. Work out Blender would have made it a breeze, with the new
up-dated version that would allow 16 maybe more selections.
Also it could have let us make our own longer cardio work out picking
our own favorite combos from LIS and HIS, or from just one of those.
I think it sounds so awesome! Cathe does not skimp on quality and
if I had to wait a little longer to get such a variety option gift
I would. Even if it was only offered on the compilation disk that
would be great too. Think of the possibilities! :)

I vote yes, because no matter how well thought out the workout is according to Cathe's style, others will still feel 'this or that' combination would have been better. The workout blender gives all the OPTION to do it Cathe's way, or their own. No one loses; there would be something for all.

Cathy

I've never used this because I've never needed to. And I don't know how including it effects the way the dvd functions in lower-cost, less capable dvd players (like the one I have that gives me trouble whenever I play highly produced/highly "layered" Cathe dvds). If the dvds have so much information crammed onto them (special features like premixes, etc.) they aren't going to funtion well in a lot of players and I'm afraid this program is going to be very involved, technically. But if the dvds aren't "layered" to the hilt with special features it will probably mean breaking up the workouts across additional dvd's, which will make being able to purchase the entire set cost-prohibitive for many. I know I'd rather pay more for a set of less-complicated disks that actually will work in my player. However, not everyone will be able to afford to do that. How to best balance the two issues (function vs. cost) will be key.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.