Do you take a shower and shampoo your hair after every workouts?

RE: Do you take a shower and shampoo your hair after ev...

I apologize. I shouldn't have stated that "shampooing your hair every day is bad for your hair". I don't have any credentials or any authority to say that. I should have said: "Shampooing *MY* hair every day is bad for *MY* hair." I actually got the "conditioner only" tip years ago from Muscle and Fitness Hers, and it has worked well for me.

I don't sweat much even when working out very hard. I have been that way since I was little. When doing the "conditioner only" wash, and also every time I use the conditioner, I put it only to the length of my hair, not the crown, and not the scalp. I have waist length hair, never ever chemically treated, and very healthy. I shampoo my hair every two days (one day shampoo+ conditioner, two days conditioner only, then one day shampoo+ conditioner again). I always give the final rinse with cold water if I can stand it. If not, then I grab the length of the hair and rinse it with cold water.

Hope this helps clarify...

Peace, love, and unity :+
Mariela:7

Hi !

I just wanted to share how I freshen my hair up after a workout or a non hair washing day! I use a cleansing spray to fresh and renew my look or to simply rework it into another style!

I recommend

turnstylr by KMS
Dry Clean Only Paul Mitchel
Nick chavez Omega 6 hair re-activator

PS Any of These are a must for the gym bag ;-)

Anne -

What's a good shampoo to use to control color fading? This is a huge promblem for me since I use a red/blonde mix which fades horribly.

SORRY! I did not realize this was an "Ask Cathe" thread, but I see lots of other people responed to it.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Oh thank you for this discussion! Those around me think I am totally weird when I plan my more intense/longer workouts around the hair washing schedule! Thank goodness for hats. I particularly love the nike visors. Somehow, if I am having post workout grease attacks, the visor comes in handy!!! I too have thin fine blonde hair.

Ditto - I do this regularly. I don't wash my hair with shampoo every day, or it will dry out (and waste my color...). But a light conditioner works wonders!

m.

> No offense, but how do some of you go with only washing your hair a few times per week when you do Cathe workouts.

I definitely RINSE it out in the shower, that's for sure! But if it's only sweat, water will get it perfectly clean. No need for the shampoo, not necessarily every day. I do use conditioner every day though, even on "rinse only" days, to keep it smooth and able to be combed after I get out of the shower.

m.

i have short hair. when i workout the bottoms of my hair get sweaty which makes my scalp also get wet. because of that i end up washing my hair twice a day unless i workout at night. my hairs so short that blow drying is not necessary. is there a certain shampoo or conditioner i should use? since my hairs short should i not be washing it so much?

laura

I wash my hair every other day. In the summer, I will rinse my hair with conditioner on the days I am not washing with a shampoo. I refuse to wash my hair everyday because it strips hair of the natural, essential oils it needs to keep it strong and healthy. (A-List celebrities are known to follow this and look at their hair (okay, they have a stylist)). Sure, conditioners help this, but it is not "naturally" done (so to speak). Also, blow drying and restyling hair every day isn't exactly time-friendly or hair friendly. For the blondes, try putting a little bit of powder on your roots (not scalp). It will absorb the oils, but if you get some on your scalp (which is easy to do) try to rub it in so you won't look gray:)

I love the other suggestions. I will have to get some of the Aveda spray.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.