do you eat just because it's time?

scm

Cathlete
I try to have my 5-6 meals a day every two to three hours apart, however, I find that I'm not always hungry for the next "meal".
Does this ever happen to you? If so, do you eat something because it's time to or just hold off until you're a little hungry?

I eat when I'm hungry, usually. If it's before a strenuous workout, I make sure to get a little something in my system so I don't pass out. Usually, with this eating clean thing, I am hungry every 3 hours or so, so it works out :)

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

Yes, I do this. I am not very hungry between 2-4 so I have to make myself eat...well, most of the time, around that time. As a matter of fact, I am off to eat some tunafish and I don't really care for fish, but I don't always eat for taste either.

Charlotte~~

I try to follow the Body for Life eating plan as much as possible (6 small meals) and they say that if you're not hungry for your next meal in 2-3 hours then you ate too much at your last meal, but if you're starving too soon you didn't eat enough. Works for me. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Nope. I'm a 5-6 times a day gal, but if I'm not hungry when I should "theoretically" eat, I don't eat just *because*. If you aren't hungry, you aren't hungry!

I do adjust my snacks accordingly though - if I'm not hungry for my mid-morning snack, but am hungry at 11:30 (don't do lunch until usually 12:30 or so), I'll just have a small piece of fruit or a few oat bran pretzels or something - just something very small to tide me over, so that I'm not totally starving for lunch.

m.

When I started eating 5-6 meals a day I found that I had to remind myself to eat. Now my body must have gotten used to it because at the 2-hour mark my belly starts growling. Sometimes I try to hold off until the 3-hour mark, but it doesn't like it!

Melissa

Repo, the way my day is going today, I wish I wasn’t home! I’m having a real hungry day and there is too much accessible food.

From some of your replies, I’m wondering if my lunch is too large. I’ll try to scale it back a bit. I’m terrible at tracking food and calories. That is something I need to improve.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.