Do I Buy Slanted Risers?

Vrobinson

Cathlete
I need some advice. One item I do not have while doing STS are the slanted risers. They don't seem to use them that much but I am wondering if it is something worth purchasing. The only thing is two risers will cost $70 with the shipping charge so I don't know if they are worth it. I would love any opinions out there.

Vicky

Is $70 with the 20% off coupon for getting STS Cardio? That's what I was thinking of getting with my coupon (the slanted risers), but $70 does seem like a lot to spend. Of course, my way of thinking is to get $100 worth of merchandise to get the free shipping!

Cathe is selling a pair of slanted risers for $49.99. With the 20% coupon, the total is $40 (plus shipping). How did you get $70?? International shipping??

I'm thinking about buying the risers too -- they look very stable!

I live in Ontario as well and I bought the slanted risers even though they cost me an arm and a leg ( and didn't tell DH). I just found that trying to do the incline work on the regular risers was unstable and trying to do the incline delt flies impossible. So I'm glad that I bought them.

Lisa

I used my 20% off to get a new step and the slanted risers. Just as a note though, the slanted risers are on backorder. There was just a handwritten note on my invoice. No date of shipment indicated :(

Cathe is selling a pair of slanted risers for $49.99. With the 20% coupon, the total is $40 (plus shipping). How did you get $70?? International shipping??

I'm thinking about buying the risers too -- they look very stable!

After lusting after the slanted risers ever since they came out, I splurged when I got the coupon.
I love my slanted risers!!!! I am so glad I have them.
Barbara P

The free shipping option does not apply to the risers.:(
SNM will email you a coupon code (if you pre-ordered the STS cardio) for 20% off but it has to be used by the end of April.

HTH

No free shipping with risers, even if you spend $100? That seems a little cheesy to make that offer, then have exceptions. How much is shipping with the risers? I may not get them if it's high.

My guess is because of the weight issue. I bought a new step and the risers and shipping was $17 (I think that's right). But the box was HUGE.

No free shipping with risers, even if you spend $100? That seems a little cheesy to make that offer, then have exceptions. How much is shipping with the risers? I may not get them if it's high.

Thanks for the information. That makes the slanted risers $57, including the shipping and the 20% off. I think that's too high for 2 pieces of molded plastic, so I'm going to pass.

I just started looking at risers too. They have them on Amazon.com for 49.99 with free supersaver shipping. Melissa

Vicky,

I would say "no". While doing STS, I frequently used my step with risers to do the incline work. I was able to safely complete the exercises without the slanted risers by placing a 40# dumbell on the low end of the slanted step up against the smallest amount of stacked risers. This prevented the long step from shifting on the risers and thereby eliminated the need for slanted risers. HTH!

I have a question for those who use slanted risers. I have 4 regular risers and a set of slanted. When I try the incline I have noticed that if I put 3 regular and 1 slanted riser on the higher end and 1 regular and 1 slanted on the lower end the bench is not stable. It's only stable when I use just 1 slanted riser on the lower end and 3 regular and 1 slanted riser on the higher end, but in this position I feel the angle is too high for me.
I wonder if I need to buy 2 more regular risers to solve this problem?

I just wanted to put in a plug for the slanted risers..... I just got them recently, so went through meso 1 without them, and even the first workout of meso 2. I seemed to make do fine without them.... well, what a huge difference they make! I am honestly able to lift heavier and I'm sure it's because I feel so much more stable (even though I didn't think I felt unstable before). It's one of those things where you don't really realize how nice they are until you've used them. That said, maybe you could find them somewhere locally so that you don't have to pay shipping.

-Beth

You cannot change the angle when using slanted risers, only the height.
So how many regular risers should we put below slanted risers on each side for incline bench. I only have 4 regular risers. Do I need to buy more? Thanks for answering.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.