DIVEBOMBER push ups!

When you have done the workout a few times, I would hope that you know what is coming up. What is the big deal or who cares?

I didn't even know what these push ups were called. I have done P90X lots of times and never really paid any attention to what they were called. I could care less what Cathe calls them. It would never turn me off to her workouts!

Actually, I still do Low Max three time a week - I love that workout - and I repeat with her everytime when Cathe says "I bet you weren't expecting this!" I know every phrase she says by heart - as one other person posted - I find it comforting.

Quite frankly, there isn't anything Cathe says or does in her workouts that bug me at all - I absolutely LOVE her workouts just as they are.

Thank you Cathe for your personality and all of your quips. Keep up the good work!

Cheryl

Cathe, you just can't win! This thread left me shaking my head - of all things to be picking at in your workouts....

A suggestion to those who are so distracted by all these annoying words: When you know they are coming up in the workout, hum very loud to yourself! Better yet, mute the sound on your TV! Every time I think I've read it all, something like this comes up.

I also didn't think it was such a big deal? i don't let words get to me,as long they are still kicking my butt, is fine with me.

bye ladies

As I was reading this post I was in utter amazement. Do people really need to pick on every last detail - give me a break. Arent there more important things to worry about then if Cathe uses the right terms. If you dont like what she says - mute the tv. If you cant, dont use the workout. But dont sit here and b*t*ch about something so little as this. What ever you want to call them is fine - they still get the job done, and its that the point?

Paxy and Cmaroney,

I do the same things as you guys. Since I do her workouts all the time I either say what she says when she says it or I answer her back like "yeah I knew that was coming" or whatever. I think it is funny and talking back or answering her questions keeps me going in the workout. It's just like when I watch the same favorite movies over and over and repeat the words at different times in the movie. It aggravates my husband but I love it! I guess it is comforting.

We might be being a little harsh on Desertbriez. If she interpreted this as a mistake that should have been edited out, I see her point. Maybe now that's it's been explained that it was intentional, and just Cathe's take on the word, perhaps Desertbriez views it differently now.

Have a great weekend,

Diane

I think one of the reasons we love Cathe so much is because she lets her *real* personality shine through in all her workouts. She's so down to earth and personable. It truly feels like I'm working out with an encouraging friend, and I wouldn't trade that for all the correct terminology in the world. I say, NEVER CHANGE Cathe! And, as always, I learn from and admire your grace and diplomacy.

>I'm wondering if it would bother people less if Cathe would
>have come up with a completely unique name for them. Does it
>bother you more because you think of it as a mistake instead
>of just an alternate name

You've got it!

(And there's a high chance of us picking up the mis-spoken term because it's so close to the real term and sooo easy to pick up on, at least that's what bothers me the most).

I'm all for making up words (which you have a right to do if you're over 40, LOL!), but a barbarism is different from a neologism (George W. Bush is a master of the former!).

Again, anyone else bothered by this, just try my technique: repeat "divebomber, divebomber, divebomber" three times everytime Cathe says "bombdiver" and your brain will(hopefully!) not pick up the wrong term.

>>I'm wondering if it would bother people less if Cathe would
>>have come up with a completely unique name for them. Does
>it
>>bother you more because you think of it as a mistake instead
>>of just an alternate name
>
>You've got it!
>
>(And there's a high chance of us picking up the mis-spoken
>term because it's so close to the real term and sooo easy to
>pick up on, at least that's what bothers me the most).
>
>I'm all for making up words (which you have a right to do if
>you're over 40, LOL!), but a barbarism is different from a
>neologism (George W. Bush is a master of the former!).
>
>Again, anyone else bothered by this, just try my technique:
>repeat "divebomber, divebomber, divebomber" three times
>everytime Cathe says "bombdiver" and your brain
>will(hopefully!) not pick up the wrong term.

On no! I would HATE to say bombdiver b/c this term comes up so much in my everyday conversations!
Angela

Quit putting Cathe on a pedestal, she's normal:)

She has originallity
Fantastic body
She cares about people
Fantastic personallity
One of the smartest women
She's beautiful
Great business women
Gets along with WOMEN and everyone else
Loves life
Successful
This list can go on forever

Wait a minute, if that's normal, then what does that make me?x( Hmmmmmm

I better now go and do a Cathe workout, and do some bombdivers.}(
Perhaps one day I could be normal.:D

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

I find whenever I hear the word "bombdiver" I have to spin 3 times, click my heels, say the preamble of the Constitution in one breath, and throw a pinch of salt over my LEFT shoulder. Doesn't matter where I am, the supermarket, the Gap, confession, it just has to be done. Only then can I feel better about the whole thing!!;-)

Carolyn

For those of you who aren't as concerned about the use/misuse of language, try to look at it this way (which may give you some understanding as to why it bothers some): what if you (who I'm sure and concerned about the use of correct exercise form) got a workout where the instructor did lunges with her/his knees going way beyond toes and buckling inward, or did deadlifts with a rounded back, wouldn't the incorrect use of form (in this case, exercise rather than linguistic) bother you?

>Where does George W. Bush come into this???? This wasn't a
>political statement;( ;( ;(

Reread my post. The reason for my reference to Bush is clear, and NOT a political statement.

This is an "apples and oranges" comparison. There are many different names for exercises, as there are many different names for aerobic moves. A divebomer pushup is also known as a Hindu pushup. A walking lunge is also know as a traveling lunge. We could go on and on. Using different terms is no comparison for improper form.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.