Disc 15... killed my forearms!

robin8r

Cathlete
Wow! I've been working out with Cathe for 4 years now and can lift pretty heavy. I was using 75# for my rows but had to drop to 70 for the last 2 sets due to my fore arms! Top that with the intense bicep work and I can hardly hold my hands over the keyboard to type this!

Anyone else find this from disc 15?

Terri

Same Deal

Disc 15 had my forearms on fire. I was just starting to think that I was crazy when Cathe started talking about how our forearms would catch up. I am walking around with my arms half bent because straightening them all the way hurts and any thing less than 90 hurts. My lats are a little sore but nothing like my biceps.

Do you think that DOMS will be this bad next week?

Heather

Hi - my forearms were way sore from the first week of Meso 2 cycle, so I bought lifting hooks and they work beautifully. I no longer have the distraction of trying to hold the weights that are appropriate for the exercise and also don't worry about dropping one on my foot! I know that Cathe says we'll build up the endurance, and my forearms are stronger, but we keep increasing the weight and my forearms can't keep up! lol. And from the first week of Meso Cycle 2, my chest, glutes, and biceps were the most sore.

Which lifting hooks...

did you buy? I'm having the same problem. My legs/biceps/whatever can take the weight, but sometimes not my forearms/hands! I'm going to get a weighted vest, but that obviously can't be used for exercises such as deadlifts.

WHat exactly do lifting hooks do?? Are they comfortable?

Wow! I've been working out with Cathe for 4 years now and can lift pretty heavy. I was using 75# for my rows but had to drop to 70 for the last 2 sets due to my fore arms! Top that with the intense bicep work and I can hardly hold my hands over the keyboard to type this!

Terri

75#:eek:, I won't complain about my 45-50#

Suzette

Terri

Yikes 75# WOW!! My forearms were killing me at 50 lbs after the 3rd set of rows and my forearms were just fried after this workout too. I definitely need to get some lifting hooks!

Sandra

Wow!

75 pounds! Is that a barbell total or each dumbbell? (Please tell me it's the barbell total or I'm going to feel even more wimpy!) :eek:

To the poster who said you were using lifting hooks -- can you tell us exactly which ones?
:)

Hi - I'm sorry for the delayed reply. The lifting hooks I got were from amazon.com: "TKO Lifting Hooks" for $11.99, Sold by: TKO Sports Group USA Ltd. They are comfortable and easy to get on and off. The hook faces out from your fingers and holds the bar of your weights - either barbell or dumbbell. There were other brands of lifting hooks - I originally wanted the Altus hooks but they were sold out at the time.

Another trick is in addition to the weighted vest, if you have Cathe's 5 lb ankle weights you can actually connect them together to form one long band and put them around your waist for an additional 10 lbs for lunges or squats. Combined with the vest, that's 20 lbs off your hands and on your torso!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.