Diet

Ivy_M

Dear Cathe- what sort of eating program do you follow, as I work out hard (and with variety) 6 days a week, but cant seem to loose the last 10 pounds of body fat I carry. I am a personal trainer and fitness Instructor since 1996 *your my hero and role model* and as I am encroaching on 43, I want to be as cut as I can be, therefore I know my problems lie with my eating, but if I follow a "diet" I end up tired, no power to execute my workouts with much success, and it just seems to me I’m missing some sort of secret to the eating thing. Hoping you can share what your program entails and maybe that would work for me! Thanks so much-keep up the great work-you do your job fantastically! Ivy C Mulligan

Oh Ivy. I SO hope she answers your question!! When I diet too closely I just get too tired to work out properly. I would love to know the answer to this as well.

"I'm happy with my body's cut, it's the layer of fat on top that makes it hard to see."

I dont want to be negative, but Cathe rarely answers diet questions other than saying a general "eat clean" and up your protein.

I know that she doesn't usually answer these. But I wish someone would mention a good book to get that describes what eating clean means or something.

I mean are there any hard and fast rules? Don't eat carbs, do eat carbs? I have seen here where some people were going by a 60% veggies and fruits and 40% protein. And that makes sense to me and I can do that, but does eating clean mean cut carbs entirely? That's what i don't understand. And then, what is the split of veggies and fruits in that 60%? 20% fruit and 40% veggies? Or what?

Try Tosca Reno's book The Eat Clean Diet. This will completely explain what eating clean is and includes some recipes. There is also an Eat Clean Diet Cookbook. I also have trouble "eating clean", but kind of go through good and bad phases.

Good luck!

Sherry

Just a suggestion...If you havent already posted in Open Discussion try that...Many people with great information dont answer in the "Ask Cathe" thread area. HTH :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.