Determined ;)

jistbrenda

Cathlete
Ok! This is for Cathe or anyone else who can help me... I have some of Cathes dvd's but not all by far... I need help with a rotation for the dvd's I have. I have them listed on here.. I can't seem to find a rotation in the rotation section that fits me for what I have. Here are my goals. I want to lose 50 lbs if not more this yr. I am closely watching what I eat and tracking it. I like to strength train, hate to do cardio, but I know I will have to do some. So, I really need a workout that will give me more wt workouts, possibly both combined is fine too. I am aslo looking to have some yoga in there. never have done it but I am hearing alot of good things about it. I am 41 and I weigh 240 lbs. heaviest ever! I am determined to get this off this yr! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese! Someone help!!! :> Thanks Brenda

Hi Brenda! You mentioned that you checked the rotation forum. Keep in mind that many of us don´t have all of Cathe´s DVDs, but it is easy to substitute. For example, I don´t have the pure strength, so I just sub my gym styles.

A good basic rotation would be cardio every other day and weights on the days in between. As you´ve seen there are a million ways to vary that...circuit workouts, full body workouts for the weight days, etc.

Also, did you post this in the rotation section? There are members there that can help you waaayyy more than I ;). Good luck with your goals.

Hi Brenda, :)

If I had your collection, this is an example of what I would do:

First to get your muscles and joints ready, I'd alternate circuit days with cardio days:

1. Step, Jump, Pump (I don't have this, but it sounds like a circuit type workout)
2. Cardio of your choice, including any one of your Cathe cardio DVDs
3. Cardio and Weights
4. Cardio of your choice
5. Bootcamp
6. That's a lot of cardio, so you could throw in a yoga day here.

After 2 or 3 weeks of that, you could then start alternating cardio days with muscle endurance workouts:

1. Pyramid Upper Body (Not everyone considers this a muscle endurance workout, but that's how I usually use it. Those reps never end!)
2. Cardio
3. PLB
4. Cardio
5. Muscle Endurance
6. Cardio

After a few weeks of that, you should be ready for a similar rotation with Gym Styles and Slow & Heavy. Then take a week off, and start all over again (hopefully with heavier weights :eek: ).

I completely know where you are coming from!

My top was 256 and I'm only 5'3". In terms of weight loss I think what everybody else said regards your rotations makes real sense. As for yoga, you can either put it at the end of a cardio workout as your cool down or in the evening before bed. Do you walk? Thats a good cardio option. A lot of people enjoy Cardio Coach (I don't have any yet.) Do you have a heart rate monitor? Its really key to making the cardio effective. Since you don't love the cardio I would suggest using some of these tools to help you with the boredom factor.

The most important factor is what goes in your diet. Tracking is great but using the data you get from it is more important. For me its substituting non starchy vegetables for empty carbs and getting plenty of protein. You need it to rebuild/repair your muscles.

I sometimes make up my boot camp style road work when I'm outside. I use my jump rope and do just one minute of any kind of move that keeps my heart rate up. Then I change it. That helps with boredom too.

Hi Brenda! You mentioned that you checked the rotation forum. Keep in mind that many of us don´t have all of Cathe´s DVDs, but it is easy to substitute. For example, I don´t have the pure strength, so I just sub my gym styles.

A good basic rotation would be cardio every other day and weights on the days in between. As you´ve seen there are a million ways to vary that...circuit workouts, full body workouts for the weight days, etc.

Also, did you post this in the rotation section? There are members there that can help you waaayyy more than I ;). Good luck with your goals.

I try to sub, but not sure how cathes other dvd's compare to the ones I have. thats kinda why i asked for help:) is pure strength like gym style?

Hi Brenda, :)

If I had your collection, this is an example of what I would do:

First to get your muscles and joints ready, I'd alternate circuit days with cardio days:

1. Step, Jump, Pump (I don't have this, but it sounds like a circuit type workout)
2. Cardio of your choice, including any one of your Cathe cardio DVDs
3. Cardio and Weights
4. Cardio of your choice
5. Bootcamp
6. That's a lot of cardio, so you could throw in a yoga day here.

After 2 or 3 weeks of that, you could then start alternating cardio days with muscle endurance workouts:

1. Pyramid Upper Body (Not everyone considers this a muscle endurance workout, but that's how I usually use it. Those reps never end!)
2. Cardio
3. PLB
4. Cardio
5. Muscle Endurance
6. Cardio

After a few weeks of that, you should be ready for a similar rotation with Gym Styles and Slow & Heavy. Then take a week off, and start all over again (hopefully with heavier weights :eek: ).

thanks so much! more cardio than i like to do.. but.. i am willing to do whatever it takes to get this blubber off me!!! :)

I AM TRYING SO HARD TO CHANGE MY DIET. I DON'T EAT ALOT OF BAD THINGS I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOOD PROTEIN AND SUCH... I AM TRYING TO PUT MORE PROTEIN AND FIBER IN MY DIET. I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING WT. WATCHERS. I AM LOSING ALOT OF MUSCLE I DO NEED TO LEARN HOW TO REBUILD IT. I HAD A BONE DENSITY AND IT SHOWED MY DENSITY DECLINING. SO I NEED TO GET IT IN GEAR! :) I USED TO WALK ALOT, BUT, I HAVE PLANTER FACITIS OR HOW EVER YOU SAY THAT LOL. IN MY FEET, THEY HURT ALOT ALL THE TIME. MY DOC DOESN'T WANT ME TO DO ANYTHING THAT WILL AGREVATE IT TIL I HEAL THEM. SO I DO WHAT I CAN. :)

HI There,

Laughingwater gave you a good rotation to follow. I think if you are looking to lose weight, you may have to do cardio, even though you don't want to. My friends always lose weight without working out...Im not sure how they do it though:rolleyes: Maybe they eat alot less then they say?:confused: I would aim for 3-4 cardio sessions a week if I were you. When I met DH my weight crept up some, not alot, but more then I liked. To get the weight off I started watching what I ate and running.

After having DS 2 yrs ago (today!) I had some weight that I needed to lose. 4 weeks after giving birth the scale had stopped so I knew I needed some structure to my diet and I signed up for WW's. When he was 4 monthes old, I was back to my prepreg weight and when he turned 1 yr I was 15 lbs lighter then that. I wasn't following ww's then, just ran off of my feet! If you can afford it and aren't 100% sure you can stick to a plan, ww's is the way to go.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Lori:)

A rotation for you Brenda

Hi Brenda! I didn't realize you also posted in Open Discussion. I actually responded to you in the Rotation Forum. I will just copy and paste it here. Let me know if you have any further questions. Have a great day :)

Hi Brenda! Happy New Year! There are endless rotations that will get the job accomplished, but rather than overwhelm you with all of that, right now the main thing is to just get started with a basic rotation. So looking at the DVD’s you have and the goals you listed let’s try this:

WEEK ONE:
Monday: Butts and Guts
Tues: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Total Body Stretching
Wed: Power Hour
Thurs: Yoga of your choice
Fri: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Total Body Stretching
Sat: Power Hour
Sun: OFF

WEEK TWO:
Monday: Legs and Glutes
Tues: 20 minute bike ride followed by a 20 minute brisk walk PLUS segment one of core max
Wed: Push Pull
Thurs: Rhythmic Step
Fri: Supersets
Sat: 20 minute brisk walk followed by a yoga workout of your choice

WEEK THREE:
Mon: Pyramid Upper Body
Tues: Kick Punch and Crunch
Wed: Pyramid Lower Body
Thurs: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Total Body Stretching
Fri: Yoga workout of your choice
Sat: Cardio and Weights

WEEK FOUR:
Mon: Muscle Endurance
Tues: 20 minute bike ride followed by a 20 minute brisk walk PLUS premix one of Ab Hits
Wed: Legs and Glutes
Fri: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Stretch Max
Sat: Muscle Endurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jistbrenda
Ok! This is for anyone who can help me... I have some of Cathes dvd's but not all by far... I need help with a rotation for the dvd's I have. I have them listed on here.. I can't seem to find a rotation in the rotation section that fits me for what I have. Here are my goals. I want to lose 50 lbs if not more this yr. I am closely watching what I eat and tracking it. I like to strength train, hate to do cardio, but I know I will have to do some. So, I really need a workout that will give me more wt workouts, possibly both combined is fine too. I am aslo looking to have some yoga in there. never have done it but I am hearing alot of good things about it. I am 41 and I weigh 240 lbs. heaviest ever! I am determined to get this off this yr! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese! Someone help!!! :> Thanks Brenda

progress.gif

WW is THE BEST!

Ok! This is for Cathe or anyone else who can help me... I have some of Cathes dvd's but not all by far... I need help with a rotation for the dvd's I have. I have them listed on here.. I can't seem to find a rotation in the rotation section that fits me for what I have. Here are my goals. I want to lose 50 lbs if not more this yr. I am closely watching what I eat and tracking it. I like to strength train, hate to do cardio, but I know I will have to do some. So, I really need a workout that will give me more wt workouts, possibly both combined is fine too. I am aslo looking to have some yoga in there. never have done it but I am hearing alot of good things about it. I am 41 and I weigh 240 lbs. heaviest ever! I am determined to get this off this yr! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese! Someone help!!! :> Thanks Brenda

Please follow through with Weight Watchers - it's the best program that gives you the whole package - accountablilty, how to lose weight & how to keep it off, how to make lifestyle changes that will go with you for a lifetime & allow you to live in the real world, etc., etc.

Brenda--I could have written your post! I also am not very fond of cardio but love doing weights. I have to lose about 35 pounds because I just had a baby in October and gained more than 50 pounds!

I think it's so great that Cathe responded with a customized rotation for you! She never ceases to amaze me. I've found that when I do step workouts I don't realize I'm doing "cardio" because I'm having such a good time! I'm planning on doing a rotation like Cathe suggested for you with alternate days of cardio (step/interval workouts) and weight work. Also, I've found that drinking lots of water (70 or more ounces a day) plus getting in extra fiber helps to drop the pounds. The summer before I got pregnant, I dropped a lot of weight and really leaned out by drinking lots of water, getting extra fiber, cleaning up my diet and alternating cardio and weight days. On my off day I'd dabble in yoga just to keep up the daily routine of working out. I enjoy Rodney Yee yoga DVDs. Oh, and I journaled everything I ate, my water intake and my workouts.

Hopefully, I can get the same results this time around. I am doing Nutrisystem four a couple of months just to get better portion control. It helped me once before to drop about 15 pounds (in two months) and get me into a healthier frame of mind... Anyway... good luck!!

You're not alone in your endeavors!!

Hi Brenda! I didn't realize you also posted in Open Discussion. I actually responded to you in the Rotation Forum. I will just copy and paste it here. Let me know if you have any further questions. Have a great day :)

Hi Brenda! Happy New Year! There are endless rotations that will get the job accomplished, but rather than overwhelm you with all of that, right now the main thing is to just get started with a basic rotation. So looking at the DVD’s you have and the goals you listed let’s try this:

WEEK ONE:
Monday: Butts and Guts
Tues: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Total Body Stretching
Wed: Power Hour
Fri: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Total Body Stretching
Sat: Power Hour

WEEK TWO:
Monday: Legs and Glutes
Tues: 20 minute bike ride followed by a 20 minute brisk walk PLUS segment one of core max
Wed: Push Pull
Thurs: Rhythmic Step
Fri: Supersets
Sat: 20 minute brisk walk followed by a yoga workout of your choice

WEEK THREE:
Mon: Pyramid Upper Body
Tues: Kick Punch and Crunch
Wed: Pyramid Lower Body
Thurs: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Total Body Stretching
Fri: Yoga workout of your choice
Sat: Cardio and Weights

WEEK FOUR:
Mon: Muscle Endurance
Tues: 20 minute bike ride followed by a 20 minute brisk walk PLUS premix one of Ab Hits
Wed: Legs and Glutes
Fri: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Stretch Max
Sat: Muscle Endurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jistbrenda
Ok! This is for anyone who can help me... I have some of Cathes dvd's but not all by far... I need help with a rotation for the dvd's I have. I have them listed on here.. I can't seem to find a rotation in the rotation section that fits me for what I have. Here are my goals. I want to lose 50 lbs if not more this yr. I am closely watching what I eat and tracking it. I like to strength train, hate to do cardio, but I know I will have to do some. So, I really need a workout that will give me more wt workouts, possibly both combined is fine too. I am aslo looking to have some yoga in there. never have done it but I am hearing alot of good things about it. I am 41 and I weigh 240 lbs. heaviest ever! I am determined to get this off this yr! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese! Someone help!!! :> Thanks Brenda

progress.gif

Thank you soooo much Cathe, You are just awsome!!! I have been banging my head trying to figure this out . By the way I have to tell you, my fiance' is always saying " I could never work out to her , she uses to light of wts." I tell him just do one of my DVD'S you'll see. I have been working out to you for about 4 yrs now and for some reason, today, he comes in my workout room and starts doing your chest and tri's. he was only using my 15 lb. dumbells and still couldn't keep up with you and when you started the pushups... he says "oh I can do this! But, he couldn't even get past the 3rd set! LOL I loved it! I tried to tell him, You are small but mighty!!!! I also want to add, I think you are a fabulous person and it's so great that women like me have such a wonderful trainer that we can count on for help.
Ok one thing about the rotation, It is bad weather outside and i have to get a new belt for my treadmill, I do have a eliptical (manual) and some aroebic dvd's I would even be interested in some of yours but I can't do the ones with the fancy feet work, I'm not very cordinated . If you have any that you think I might be able to keep up with. I'd be happy to get them. I do like this rotation tho, and I will use it this summer or when i get my belt whichever comes first. Just need something else for the walk/run ones. Thanks again Cathe, i really do appreciate it! Brenda

Brenda--I could have written your post! I also am not very fond of cardio but love doing weights. I have to lose about 35 pounds because I just had a baby in October and gained more than 50 pounds!

I think it's so great that Cathe responded with a customized rotation for you! She never ceases to amaze me. I've found that when I do step workouts I don't realize I'm doing "cardio" because I'm having such a good time! I'm planning on doing a rotation like Cathe suggested for you with alternate days of cardio (step/interval workouts) and weight work. Also, I've found that drinking lots of water (70 or more ounces a day) plus getting in extra fiber helps to drop the pounds. The summer before I got pregnant, I dropped a lot of weight and really leaned out by drinking lots of water, getting extra fiber, cleaning up my diet and alternating cardio and weight days. On my off day I'd dabble in yoga just to keep up the daily routine of working out. I enjoy Rodney Yee yoga DVDs. Oh, and I journaled everything I ate, my water intake and my workouts.

Hopefully, I can get the same results this time around. I am doing Nutrisystem four a couple of months just to get better portion control. It helped me once before to drop about 15 pounds (in two months) and get me into a healthier frame of mind... Anyway... good luck!!

You're not alone in your endeavors!!

I know I am very grateful for what Cathe did for me! I found a forever friend when i found her! :> She is my inspiration!

Great! I can't do alot her cardio workouts because i can't keep up with her fast feet! :D. So I need to find some kind of areobics to do until it gets nice or i fix my treadmill one of the two, before I can do the walk/ run thing she mentioned. My goal this yr is to lose 50 lbs or more! I am tired of being fat and i refuse to live my life feeling like I do anymore. So I am reaching out to anyone and everyone for help! I have read alot of success stories here and I know Cathe and everyone here will help me achieve my goals! Lets keep in touch ok? got to run. have a great weekend! Brenda

Cathe, not sure if you got my reply to this or not. Still kinda new to your new forums. I think i replied with a quote.

If not I was saying this is a really good rotation for me, except my treadmill is down right now and it is way to bad of weather to walk /run outside. is there anything else you could recommend for those right now? I find your aroebic dvd's to hard for me, I can't keep up with your fancy feetwork. *smiles* Your really fast! I also have trouble with my feet, so anything a little slower? or basic step or something? I'm sorry to be so difficult. I really do appreciate what your doing for me too! Have a wonderful day! Brenda

Thanks Stephanie! So, you think if i do step aroebics or my eliptical (manual) that can replace the walk/run and biking for now? I have some of those walking DVD'S too. You think those will work also? I want to do exactly what i need to to get this wt. off. I have been working out and watching what i eat. eating tones of raw veggies. not so much fruit, some, but, not alot. trying to stay away from most sugars. I just need to get my workout right now :0) Thanks so much for your help! In fact I'm grateful to everyone thats helped. Have a great day! Brenda

Hi Stephanie, You said you were gonna do this rotation with "step/interval workouts) and weight work" is this like the firm? how they do wts. then areobics back and forth? or cathe's, step jump and pump? I was doing my eliptical 3 mins moderate then 1 min fast.. for a total of 20 but that thing hurts my feet can't stay on it to long.:0) take care. Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.