Description of Muscle Endurance

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Muscle Endurance (about 63 minutes in length)is a tough high rep muscular endurance workout. The format is as follows:

You will do a non-weighted active warm up, followed by high rep exercises that hit each of the major muscle groups, an abdominal routine that includes a medicine ball, and a stretch.

The exercises are in the following order:

Leg presses
Squats
Deadlifts

Back
Chest

Leg presses
Lunges

Triceps
Biceps

Leg Presses
Glute Raises

Shoulders

Abs(with medicine ball)

Stretch

Although this workout shares similarities to Power Hour, it differs in many ways. As I always say, it is important to vary your workouts to keep your muscle stimulated and inspired.

Some of the differences in Muscle Endurance is that Leg Presses are included with the leg work. Also, we target the legs three different times throughout the workout. We also did not play a separate song for each body part, rather let various mixed songs continue to play as we did the workout. Another difference is that we introduced the medicine ball to the abdominal workout. We loved the changes and are excited to share this workout with you.

Oh yes, I want to mention that early on in rehearsals we were using a heavy weight when we did the leg presses and found that we were using a great deal of momentum with this weight in order to get our bodies up to the top. Since sloppy form is not ever encouraged, we dropped down to lighter weight and were able to really focus on getting a superb glute and hamstring contraction. Once we mastered this technique we noticed that we were able to gradually increase the weight again, and keep our good form. On the video itself, we do the leg presses with the lighter weight and I would like to encourage you to do the same until you master your technique. As your technique improves, gradually increase your weight load for a greater challenge. I will remind you of this in the opening speech again :)

Muscle Endurance (about 63 minutes in length)is a tough high rep muscular endurance workout. The format is as follows:

You will do a non-weighted active warm up, followed by high rep exercises that hit each of the major muscle groups, an abdominal routine that includes a medicine ball, and a stretch.

The exercises are in the following order:

Leg presses
Squats
Deadlifts

Back
Chest

Leg presses
Lunges

Triceps
Biceps

Leg Presses
Glute Raises

Shoulders

Abs(with medicine ball)

Stretch

Although this workout shares similarities to Power Hour, it differs in many ways. As I always say, it is important to vary your workouts to keep your muscle stimulated and inspired.

Some of the differences in Muscle Endurance is that Leg Presses are included with the leg work. Also, we target the legs three different times throughout the workout. We also did not play a separate song for each body part, rather let various mixed songs continue to play as we did the workout. Another difference is that we introduced the medicine ball to the abdominal workout. We loved the changes and are excited to share this workout with you.

Oh yes, I want to mention that early on in rehearsals we were using a heavy weight when we did the leg presses and found that we were using a great deal of momentum with this weight in order to get our bodies up to the top. Since sloppy form is not ever encouraged, we dropped down to lighter weight and were able to really focus on getting a superb glute and hamstring contraction. Once we mastered this technique we noticed that we were able to gradually increase the weight again, and keep our good form. On the video itself, we do the leg presses with the lighter weight and I would like to encourage you to do the same until you master your technique. As your technique improves, gradually increase your weight load for a greater challenge. I will remind you of this in the opening speech again :)

This sounds fantastic !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Cathe, I have just discovered PowerHour, almost killed me but I love it. I think I am going to have to purchase this in February !!!!!

Anna :)

This sounds fantastic !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Cathe, I have just discovered PowerHour, almost killed me but I love it. I think I am going to have to purchase this in February !!!!!

Anna :)

I am so excited for this one!!! Well, all of them!!!!! YIPPEE!! Does anyone know if they are still on track for getting them out before Christmas??? I just can't wait!!!
Sara :-jumpy

I am so excited for this one!!! Well, all of them!!!!! YIPPEE!! Does anyone know if they are still on track for getting them out before Christmas??? I just can't wait!!!
Sara :-jumpy

Cathe once again an outstanding job!! I for one will go lighter as I learned my lesson when you came out w/Leaner Legs. I posted to you that I did this tape using a 45# barbell!! I must've been crazy. I didn't know what to do first throw up or pass out. Luckily for me I didn't do either of these but did drop down in weight and will do so w/all of these tapes especially the first time around. Thanks again. Your the best and for making all of us the best too. Love, Kathy

Cathe once again an outstanding job!! I for one will go lighter as I learned my lesson when you came out w/Leaner Legs. I posted to you that I did this tape using a 45# barbell!! I must've been crazy. I didn't know what to do first throw up or pass out. Luckily for me I didn't do either of these but did drop down in weight and will do so w/all of these tapes especially the first time around. Thanks again. Your the best and for making all of us the best too. Love, Kathy

Hi Sharon! I'm not Cathe but I do have all of her tapes. Usually when she refers to leg presses she means using the tall step and a barbell or dumbbells. Do you know what I mean??
Sara :)

Hi Sharon! I'm not Cathe but I do have all of her tapes. Usually when she refers to leg presses she means using the tall step and a barbell or dumbbells. Do you know what I mean??
Sara :)

Drool, drool...

...I'm going to have to wear one of Nate's bibs to keep from salivating all over myself with anticipation. Sad, but true. Looking forward to the work, work, work!

Drool, drool...

...I'm going to have to wear one of Nate's bibs to keep from salivating all over myself with anticipation. Sad, but true. Looking forward to the work, work, work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.