Delusion, or right where I need to be?

Even if your heart rate doesn't go over a certain level on your walks, with the amt you do, you are still burning fat, calories, and exercising your heart. Since you are walking for transportation, I'd just do your current walks, one day of full body circuit, 2 days of heavy lifting, and some pilates/yoga/barre work mixed in.

Also, you need a day to rest.

Woah. As a personal trainer, I say, yes overtraining for sure. That's a lot of exercise. What are your goals? Dropping weight, leaning out, endorphin rush? That's a lot of cardio. Depending on your goals, you may not be reaching them due to the amount of cardio that you're doing.

Yay! I was hoping to hear from you on this! How's the little one? To be honest, when people ask me my goals for my training, I will come up with them on the spot, but really, I just love to work out and would do it without any goals to work toward.

Please understand, I work out because I love it and it keeps me sane. I would work out even if it never helped me reach any fitness goals. I don't want to overtrain because I don't want to cause damage. I am not an idiot, and I know one helluva lot about fitness and nutrition. Yes, I train too much, but that makes me happy. I used to throw up to be happy- this is a much better life choice.

The point everyone is making is overtraining can be counterproductive your goals. If you have over 100 pounds to lose, overtraining has less of an effect than if you need to love a few pounds. Overtraining can make fat loss difficult. Overtraining can catabolize muscle. If you simply want to work out to be happy, have at it. You gave specific goals. Overtraining can work against those goals. It's your choice what to do with the info. We can't force you to take anyone's advice. You got what you asked for: our opinions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.