Deleting posts???

I agree email is the way to contact snm but they sometimes don't answer emails I had this happen with the timesaver dvd being in my ss/pp case it wasn't until I ask them on the ask cathe board that I got a answer.And it was not shipped out fast either about 2 weeks is about how long I waited for the correct dvd.And I understand at the time other preorders were shipping but still I didn't like the lenght of time it took.

Sheila, of course it's upsetting when that happens but SNM was back-logged and that's probably why you didn't receive an answer in a timely fashion and it took two weeks to get your replacements. I am pretty sure that SNM wants to be prompt all the time but it's just not always possible. Maybe it's our expectations that are the problem. Since SNM ships UPS, I always have to wait a week to ten days for orders because I live in Arizona. But that's the way it is and I am always ecstatic when I get the goods. Patience is a virtue and waiting graciously seems to be a lost art.

Another positive customer service report: My 27-pack was missing a DVD so I called (rather than e-mailed) SNM and received the DVD two days later! SNM's customer service is the best I have experienced in the video fitness industry, not to mention workouts of unsurpassed quality.

Ok. Thanks for responding. In the past I have seen you respond to complaints with a "please email us" or other such response. When you have done that it has seemed somehow more honest than deleting.

That is just my opinion, and obviously others will disagree.

As for the responses below, I wasn't asking for opinions on Cathe's customer service (which I personally have never had a problem with); nor was I asking for a critique of other websites. I was asking SNM about their policy on deleting threads.

You do yourself and this forum a sad dis-service when you continue to react w/out thought and you only make the assertion that this forum is full of bulldogs harder for the rest of us to dispel when you continue the nasty and unnecessary comments and perpetuate the drama in a very tactless way! Why?

If you stand by your earlier comment, then I have to stand by mine, your post is offensive to everyone here and to everyone on VF as well. VF people do not spend hours, days, months thinking of ways to tie Cathe to a conspiracy! They discuss workouts in a reasonable and honest fashion. VF people love Cathe as much as you do, however they have a bit more grace in showing it and do not usually foam at the mouth just because they may disagree at some point.

If you're going to continue to sling mud at VFers, then show some guts and do it on the forum that offends you, as the original poster tried to do here when she asked a question.

Seems to me some of your fellow VF'ers might need to take your advice Mindi. I have copied and saved every gripe session and personal attack from that site dating to about feb. of this year. They have been posted to a yahoo Cathe group of which I am a member.
I mean, if you all want to call Cathe "arrogant", call this site a "cult", and call frequenters of this site "zombies", then it should be done in here in the "forum that offends you." Heck someone even called Chris some kind of strange name of which I cannot even remember. Those, to me, are uncalled for personal attacks. If Cathe did go over to VF and read that stuff I don't think she'd find the personal attacks very fair or think they were a good way to communicate people's issues. I just feel like you all who think you aren't getting good service should just work with Cathe and her people to get them resolved. Mistakes do occur you know..........
I am just hoping not to tick Cathe off anymore by dragging this out further. I just posted my initial post to let my opinion be known that I think you should just work with Cathe and her company via other channels than just posting here with your issues.
This site is very different from VF in that it's a site for people who are fans of Cathe mostly, and not people who maybe workout to many different instructors and perhaps switch off very often. The two sites are very different in that regard so yes, we will give Cathe the benefit of the doubt sooner than many over at VF.
Anyway, enough said. And I mean this post to be respectful to you and everyone at VF. No flaming. Just disagreement.
Trevor

:)

The posts are there for all to read. I've read them. They're insulting and rude and you need to take off the blinders now. The very things you're accusing this forum of are the things you all are doing over there. But you can't see that, and I understand that now, so I'm done with this, out of respect for Cathe and her crew.

Enjoy your negative karma. I want no part of it. Adios.

Carol
:)

I think SNM has adopted a prudent policy & has used a great deal of discretion & restraint in invoking its rights as a forum host. There have been an number of negative, inappropriate & rude posts in the last 6 months. There is nothing constructive and educational in reading such tirades.

Thank you SNM & Cathe.

Debra

Great policy.. and Hey this is SNM/cathe's forum.. they set the rules and I whole heartedly agree.

Absolutely agree there are quite a few rude.. MAJOR ATTITUDE posts. Good I'm not the administrator I'd be blocking these folks!

Keep up the good work !

Okay, let me try this again. I posted earlier but it didn't show up?

I ususally don't post to often but I have to on this one. I have been working out to Cathe's videos for 10 years now. I found her in '94 with my first video being Mega Step Blast. I have been hooked ever since. Cathe is pretty much all I do w/ a few other w/outs, but mostly Cathe and some spinning w/o.

I have been coming to Cathe's site since the beginning and I am also a VFer and have been at VF since late '97 early '98. I enjoy both sites. I am not into bashing any forum. They each have their own uniqueness and I respect that.

Now, I have been one who has had problems w/ custmer service here. In the fall I ordered a workout on dvd. I live overseas and it usually takes about 2 weeks for my orders to arrive. Well 3/4 wks passed, nothing. I emailed, I called. I did talk to someone when I called and I informed them that I was calling from oversesas. I was told to email. Did that. I also posted. Some of the responses I received were very short and snippy and I honestly didn't know how to take that. I may have been getting on SNM's nerves, but I had paid for a workout and I wanted to know where my order was.

My order had been sent to Korea(my previous add). When it was returned to SNM they sent it to me. The thing in the middle of the case that holds your dvds in place was broken, so the dvd was moving around. I never mentioned that because I figured it happened during the shipping process.

I can see why someone would be offended if their post was deleted and didn't receive an email from SNM stating why. I have been here for a long time and deleting post is new at this site. I have emailed w/ out getting a response, only when I posted did I get a response.

I think that Cathe's workouts are outstanding. She is very professional, but if you have a question about an order or anything you should be able to ask it and feel comfortable in doing so. If a post is deleted, I think it would be respectful of SNM to email the poster and explain why their post was deleted. I have had post deleted at VF and I have received an email stating why. No problem.

I think we need to stop HATING!!

I hope everyone has a POSITIVE day!!

Lollie

I'll say one more thing Trevor, lots of Vfers are afraid to come and say what they really think for this exact reason, the attack mode.

We know that all businesses have problems, it wouldn't be realistic for everyone to be perfect 24/7, and most people know that and respect that. All that happened really is misunderstanding the process of solving a problem. No one deserved to be beaten for asking a simple question.

I don't personally see why you feel the need to have a separate site in which to copy and save VF posts that you believe are demeaning to Cathe? What's the point of it???

Frankly, I have no argument w/you or anyone else here except when a generalization was made which is exactly what happened when people who are Vf members were referred to as "classless memmbers of an electronic Jerry Springer site." Nothing could be further from the truth and since the poster who said it did not specifically name names, it was a blanket statement that is highly offensive. Later this poster tried to weasel out of the statement by saying "well I only meant certain people," but that doesn't cut it. It was rude and uncalled for and had no place in this conversation which is based around a poster asking for customer service assistance. If the poster didn't follow protocol, I'm sure she could've been directed to the proper method in a manner that didn't including bashing an entire site that is informative, respectful as a rule and full of great people, as is this board.

By the way, I think Cathe is great and I am a big fan and am always excited when new workouts are available, she's the pinnacle in home workouts far as I'm concerned and I make sure I tell people as I travel about the net and in real life too. Just saying this so you know that I'm well aware of the quality she brings to my life and to others.

Have a blessed day. :)

Mindi,
The purpose of the Yahoo site is not to post flames from others. It's a site for advanced exercisers.
I will not be posting anymore on this matter. It's wasting bandwidth. You all know SNMs rules, just work with them and follow the guidelines.
T. :)

With all due respect, Mindi, I visited VF in response to this thread, and as a Catheite who sticks to these forums exclusively, I would not chose to visit again. There are quite a number of VFers, who indeed do a great deal of Cathe and Catheite bashing. Most likely, they comprise a small minority but the comments are there.

All this because someone somewhere didn't get a video in what they considered a timely fashion? The conclusion that I have drawn from all of this is, there are two types of people, those who experience the unavoidable technical glitches and shipping mishaps well and those who feel compelled to complain to an audience, however unnecessary and inappropriate that may be. I am grateful to SNM for disallowing the practice and clearly making it known that customer service issuses are to be dealt with via email. Perhaps we can now get back to the business of having our questions answered by a consummate professional, discussing workouts that are hers and other instructors and openly discussing our fitness regimens, lives and rotations in on this wonderful website.
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

I'm with you Bobbi.

Maybe that's why complaint issues get deleted, look what got started here, I am sitting here laughing because it really is silly!

>With all due respect, Mindi, I visited VF in response to this
>thread, and as a Catheite who sticks to these forums
>exclusively, I would not chose to visit again. There are
>quite a number of VFers, who indeed do a great deal of Cathe
>and Catheite bashing. Most likely, they comprise a small
>minority but the comments are there.
>
>All this because someone somewhere didn't get a video in what
>they considered a timely fashion? The conclusion that I have
>drawn from all of this is, there are two types of people,
>those who experience the unavoidable technical glitches and
>shipping mishaps well and those who feel compelled to complain
>to an audience, however unnecessary and inappropriate that may
>be. I am grateful to SNM for disallowing the practice and
>clearly making it known that customer service issuses are to
>be dealt with via email. Perhaps we can now get back to the
>business of having our questions answered by a consummate
>professional, discussing workouts that are hers and other
>instructors and openly discussing our fitness regimens, lives
>and rotations in on this wonderful website.

I think the 'rant' post over on VF was just fine. What I have a problem with is once someone makes a complaint regarding Cathe, the next few posts go something like this...'Don't say this over on the Cathe board or you will get flamed!' and so on. All that does is change the topic from whatever the original poster was upset about to dogging the posters on Cathe's forum.

I also want to add that I thought Trevor's initial response was very friendly. I know some folks who aren't regulars here don't like to post something for Cathe and have a member answer them, but that is just how it is. Regulars here know who hard it is for Cathe to get on the board when she is in production so usually if it is something that has been covered already a member will answer the question. They are simply trying to be helpful.:)
>Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif
>"Chick's rule!"

Just to make a point....

The VF community manager posted TWICE to the VF thread asking posters to refrain from negative comments regarding other forums. It would be nice to see the same thing happen here.

Micki

That was the first time I visted VF. Forgive me if it's negative to post negative comments regarding the negative comments in other forums regarding the forum and forum members I am very attatched to. I didn't see the moderators comments. Didn't stick around long enough perhaps. I don't consider remarking upon a negative comment that I read in black and white,being negative. Being called a Zombie Cultist member could be construed as negative but it is so silly that anyone with half a brain is going to disregard it. You are entitled to make your point and I mine. But my floors don't mop themselves so I must get back to the important stuff and log off.

I think I'll join Trevor and make this my last word on the subject.

Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

>Just to make a point....
>
>The VF community manager posted TWICE to the VF thread asking
>posters to refrain from negative comments regarding other
>forums. It would be nice to see the same thing happen here.
>
>Micki

Now that I can get with!:p I really enjoy both sites so I hate to see the members insulting each other, both sites have so much to offer.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.