Deleting posts???

wendyloo

Cathlete
SNM,
When did it become your policy to delete posts which address your customer service? It concerns me that you would delete posts containing legitimate concerns from your customers, rather than simply responding. These posts are important for other Cathe customers to see, especially your response to them. By deleting a thread that contains a complaint about your service, you are implying that you have something to hide. Your deletion of a post is more likely to give me a negative view of your company than whatever may have been contained in that origianl complaint.

We rarely delete threads, but there are times when we feel it is prudent to do so. Individual customer service questions should be handled by email, not in our forums. Though we take all customer service complaints seriously, there is quite often another side to the story that a poster leaves out. The only way for us to defend our actions on our forums would be to post our private emails or conversations with the customer on our forums. This is just something that we feel would not be proper, useful or wise to do.

I personally do not have a problem with this policy. If it's a big issue with customer service that affects lots of people, like a delay in production for instance, then it might be good to post and warn everyone who made a purchase. But for more individual issues like scratched DVDs and such, I believe in resolving the problem via email or phone.
Last night I spent some time on the VF Forum and quite frankly there were quite a few posts complaining and sniping about Cathe and her customer service. And it got a little personal which I think is just wrong. I mean, why the personal attacks? Nobody is out to get anyone or sucker someone out of their money. To me, it's something you should take up with her and her support staff instead of going off to another forum and just sharing a gripe session with each other. It solves nothing really. Scratched DVDs are part of life people. And they are more sensitive to "play" issues than CDs for instance. Has anyone over there at VF who has had problems, or here at Cathe's for that matter, had any constructive suggestions that have been made to SNM or Cathe? Or do you all just sit around hoping they can read minds?
Send an email or call....
Just my opinion and I hope I haven't ticked you off Cathe, or Chris! LOL!!
Trevor

:)

Hi,

I just wanted to chime in that I have had no problem with Cathe's customer service.

When I emailed them a question regarding technical problems I was having with the site, they quickly responded not once but twice via email; fixing my problem.

Also, I have ordered tapes from Cathe with no problem at all. Orders were promptly delivered to me and I never had something not work.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I don't feel there is a conspiracy going on over at Cathe's customer service.

Michelle

Go Wings!!!!!!!:7

There isn't a customer service to call , when you call they say tney don't have a number to customer service and that they will take your number and customer service will call you. I called 3 times and never got called back. When people don't have problems they don't realize this and what is happening here. The 1 800 number SNM has is only for buying. If you email they only email back if they want. If Snm had a customer service you could call and talk to someone and then something might get done. That is why people post in the forums because we can't get ahold of anyone to fix the problem.

SNM YOU NEED A CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT THAT WILL TALK TO PEOPLE OVER THE PHONE. NOT JUST EMAIL.

I've never had a customer service problem with SNM but I do agree customer service should be dealt with through email. It's more efficient and leaves the forums for the questions and discussions for which they are intended. As for deleting or even locking out threads, I have come to realize that, of course, Cathe and SNM have the right to do so. With such a diverse group of people posting, it's easy to get carried away. Not that I would ever do so! ROFL!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

I received a DVD once that made weird noises on BOTH my players. I e-mailed SNM and they told me what to do to possibly fix it. I sent it back anyway (it played the same on both players so I figured it was the DVD and at those prices I wanted a new one.) They did replaced it. No problems.
As for the issue of scrathes on DVDs being a part of life. Yes ,I agree. But when I receive a new DVD at $50 a pop I expect it to be securely locked in the holder and unscrathed. When I receive new DVDs I leave it shrinkwrapped and gently shake it to make sure it is in the holder securely. If it is lose it goes back. If I scratch it thru use that's one thing but if it arrives to me scratched it goes back!
Cindy

They get back to you quickly if you email them. You might also want to pass on to the folks at VF who apparently have nothing else to do all day that Cathe and Chris pretty much do this on their own. There are only a handful of them who handle EVERYTHING. It's not a huge company with a separate "Customer Service" department. These are human beings who have families, and who have lives outside of this forum. Considering all they do, I think they're doing one heck of an amazing job cranking out workouts every year, shipping them, editing the DVD's, setting up the DVD's with the latest kick-a** cool state-of-the-art technology, and monitoring this forum, which they are trying not to let turn into the electronic version of Jerry Springer ... unlike VF which sounds and looks like that to me. Yes, I have been over there. Yes, I have read the posts. No, I will not participate. I have too much class. I also have enough respect for people like Cathe and Chris who work their tails off to give their customers fantastic workouts and the best service humanly possible. I've been to other instructor's sites. The same stuff goes on out there, and not one of them I have yet to see handles it with the diplomacy and professionalism Cathe and her crew do. Tracie Long's new site is the only one I've seen that even comes close, but I doubt even they would tolerate outright rudeness and someone just looking to stir up crap and gain attention. That kind of stuff is best left to bullies on the playground.

Just my humble opinions ... of course ...

Carol

Wayne, it's ...

http://www.justv.net/

That's the site with the message boards and the info about the new club she's opening outside of Charleston, South Carolina. There is also a link on that site to her other site where you can order her tapes and DVD's, and that link is ...

http://www.tracielong.net/

Carol

I got an SNM customer service glitch resolved within an hour (shipping had inadvertantly left out one of several DVD's I'd ordered) by e-mail, with no questions asked.

This is Cathe's site, and she has every right to exercise (pardon the pun) discretion as to which posts stay and which posts go. I've admired her and her staff's restraint in NOT deleting others.

A-Jock

Sorry to get off topic for a moment...:p

Hi Kim,

I was born and raised in Michigan but I no longer live there. (Hubby's job keeps us on the move. )
But thankfully because of the NHL Center Ice package I am able to watch the Wings all year long no matter where I am!!!!!!

Michelle

Go Red Wings!!!

>They get back to you quickly if you email them. You might
>also want to pass on to the folks at VF who apparently have
>nothing else to do all day that Cathe and Chris pretty much do
>this on their own. There are only a handful of them who
>handle EVERYTHING. It's not a huge company with a separate
>"Customer Service" department. These are human beings who
>have families, and who have lives outside of this forum.
>Considering all they do, I think they're doing one heck of an
>amazing job cranking out workouts every year, shipping them,
>editing the DVD's, setting up the DVD's with the latest
>kick-a** cool state-of-the-art technology, and monitoring this
>forum, which they are trying not to let turn into the
>electronic version of Jerry Springer ... unlike VF which
>sounds and looks like that to me. Yes, I have been over
>there. Yes, I have read the posts. No, I will not
>participate. I have too much class. I also have enough
>respect for people like Cathe and Chris who work their tails
>off to give their customers fantastic workouts and the best
>service humanly possible. I've been to other instructor's
>sites. The same stuff goes on out there, and not one of them
>I have yet to see handles it with the diplomacy and
>professionalism Cathe and her crew do. Tracie Long's new site
>is the only one I've seen that even comes close, but I doubt
>even they would tolerate outright rudeness and someone just
>looking to stir up crap and gain attention. That kind of
>stuff is best left to bullies on the playground.
>
>Just my humble opinions ... of course ...
>
>Carol
>:)

Couldn't agree more!

I have had great customer service from SNM - keep up the good work! :) :) But, I will concur with Misty that customer service via phone would be a welcome addition.

Coming from a rural state, I can say that email and Internet access isn't as reliable a communication medium as it is in more populated areas. It doesn't have nearly the 99.999% uptime standard that phone service has.

I'm both a Vfer and a Cathite and I'm really offended to be referred to as a "Classless member of an electronic version of Jerry Springer."

Wendy asked a simple question, I see no need for such a vicious response. To me, that's highly indicative of the pot calling the kettle.

I totally agree with you Mindi.

With regards to scratched dvds. I definitely will have them replaced. I pay $40-50 per dvd so I expect very good condition. I have yet to encounter an online dvd merchant who wouldn't replace scratched dvds. SNM provides great service so I'm sure any problems we have with the dvds will be taken cared of.

I think if we were to read between the lines of those complaining emails, we might find there are other issues going on in that persons life, I always sense some pain coming through.

I had a customer service issue over a year ago and got it resolved through email to great satisfaction, I had a new video within a week.

I'd like to add my support for Cathe and her staff as well. I've only encountered a problem with one of the many, many Cathe DVDs that I have. I emailed customer service, got a response very quickly, and the problem was resolved.

If it's true that it's just Cathe and Chris pretty much doing all the work, then I must say that they do an INCREDIBLE job.

-Marie:)

If you aren't one of the ones over there accusing Cathe of such things as "masquarading as SNM" and being "snotty", or accusing this entire forum of not tolerating any complaints, or accusing SNM of deleting all posts about complaints - none of which is true, by the way - then you have no reason to be offended. My post was directed at the people who are letting their fingers fly over their keyboards, throwing insults and accusations left and right, without having the facts with which to back them up. A legitimate complaint is one thing. But to turn that complaint into a conspiracy theory smacks of daytime TV drama and some need in a person's life they obviously feel attention on a public message board can somehow fill. It's been my personal experience that most of the posts I read on the VF forum are of this nature. That is why I don't feel comfortable over there. It's not a positive environment.

I stand by what I wrote before. If you or someone has a legitimate complaint with Cathe or SNM, email them. It's been the experience of most people here that they are quick to respond, and they fix the problem. Read the posts. You'll find most people here are in support of this. If you are on the VF forum you already know the nonsense being written continually about this forum and about Cathe herself. It's not right, and it's certainly not adult behavior, and I felt compelled to take a stand against it. My post was directed at those who are doing the mud-slinging, so if you aren't one of them, there's no reason for you to be personally offended. I did not call you or anyone a "classless member" of anything. Those were two different sentences, involving two separate ideas, so please don't throw my words back at me all twisted around into something they were not. Thank you.

Carol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.