DCDs: Dixie Cup DOMS

MDolfiniReed

Cathlete
Did Total Body Trisets lower body yesterday. Thanks to Cathe, I think we now have a new kind of DOMs: Dixie Cup DOMS or DCDs. Oh my goodness. Yes, those dixie cups get you right THERE! If you've done this workout, you know what I mean.
~michelle

I agree. My DOMS lasted for three days! I also had to move to taller cups just to get through it!

But using the cups is really worth it.

Yes, those dixie cups get in there like nothing else. I guess I don't normally lunge that low. Now my butt is talking to me. ;)

I agree. My DOMS lasted for three days! I also had to move to taller cups just to get through it!

But using the cups is really worth it.

LOL!! so glad to hear you say that Dawncharlie!! I was really wondering if I was the only one with ridiculously long-lasting DOMS. I'm reading about everyone doing the new rotation and wondering how in the world they are able to move the next day, let alone subject themselves to another round with Cathe!

I absolutely cannot commit to a rotation just yet. There's no way! I had to take two rest days after Trisets, and that's with "only" having done the Total Body Express premix! without cups no less!! I simply reached toward the floor in place of using cups and still felt the 3 day-long DOMS. Not complaining though, I love Cathe's abuse!! LOL :eek: and am therefore loving the LIS!!

....I'm realizing though, that it may take me a full month to try out each workout in the new series if I have to space them 2 to 3 days apart :eek:

The Dixie Cups are nasty. I did MOST of Afterburn b/c not there yet on some of the exercises but I am feeling it. Planning on Tri-set total body express premix on Tuesday but not sure now. Afterburn does burn calories.

I did the LB Tri Sets this morning for the first time. I had to quickly grab the plastic salt and pepper shaker in the play kitchen cuz I don't have Dixie Cups, lol. (I used them for After Burn as well.) Holy COW am I going to be hobbling tomorrow. I'm doing the LIS Nov rotation and am waking up almost every morning with some kind of DOMS somewhere! :D It's a good thing.

Oh my! DOMS settled in my glutes just right after the stretch and now my legs are screaming! I feel sore in new places,hope to be able to walk tomorrow morning :D

LOL Gayle....don't forget to pour the salt on your wounds :p

I did the LB Tri Sets this morning for the first time. I had to quickly grab the plastic salt and pepper shaker in the play kitchen cuz I don't have Dixie Cups, lol. (I used them for After Burn as well.) Holy COW am I going to be hobbling tomorrow. I'm doing the LIS Nov rotation and am waking up almost every morning with some kind of DOMS somewhere! :D It's a good thing.

The first time I did Trisets Lower Body I had DOMs for a couple of days. The second time I did it I didn't get any DOMs. Not sure why as I was even touching the floor instead of the dixie cups so I was getting down further.

We shall see when I do it again if the DOMs comes back.

Rhonda

I'm using empty toilet paper tubes in place of Dixie cups. We'll see how I feel in the morning. And no, Cathe, I don't hate you, despite what I may have said earlier this evening (to the tv). :)

NY25 said:
I'm using empty toilet paper tubes in place of Dixie cups. We'll see how I feel in the morning. And no, Cathe, I don't hate you, despite what I may have said earlier this evening (to the tv). :)

Toilet paper tubes! Lol! How creative! Gayle, I liked your S&P shakers too! I had Dixie Cups but forgot to take them downstairs the first time so I grabbed my Platemates instead! BAD choice as those babies are too low to the ground but I did it! Plus, I was lifting 1&1/4 pound in each hand! :O

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

i saved my dixie cups from the Road Trip! Afterburn is my fave workout of the series but the whole thing is great...loving it!

i saved my dixie cups from the Road Trip! Afterburn is my fave workout of the series but the whole thing is great...loving it!

Laina, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who stole the Dixie Cups from the RT. Your secret is safe with me! :p

GFD

I work out in my garage. I don't have any Dixie Cups, and I grabbed the first thing that was handy. Golf balls. Even worse than Dixie Cups!! Yes, my DOMS is going on the third day. That being said, I can't wait to do this workout again! (Need the Dixie Cups though.LOL)

Gwynn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.