Damage Control-September!!

Hi all,

Diana, I ended up not taking a rest day and did Bulk Legs during the Liverpool game. (You all know I love watching the English Premiere League, right?!) I feel like LL with her written workouts because I printed off the routines from the internet and just followed along. It ended up taking me an hour, which with my breaks during the dvd is probably about right. I used my new vest and love it! The worst part was taking it off when I was done with it. Good thing DH retired and can be my belt remover now! I have made a vow to just work 8 hour shifts. It's so much bette to have more to life-like working out and watching soccer as well as working!

Glad to hear the CST went better. I am planning some form of a back workout tomorrow-I like BBS since it doesn't include pull ups and will probably do that.

What is everyone else planning this week?

Beth

I started Girls Gone Strong today and I gotta tell you I'm not super impressed. The warm up took 16 min, although I did it with the video so maybe it won't always be that long. Then there are 6 exercises that I did 3x each in pairs. Squat and push ups, on leg dead lift and plank, one arm row and side plank. Then the cool down was just lying there breathing slowly. The food plan is thorough and interesting. I will probably did the Marcos plan. But he. I fit tired out my calories it says I shook be eating 1877 a day! That is moderately active and minus 500 for weight loss. The whole workout was 50-55 min. I'm not sure how long I will give it. I'm trying to do the least the first week and then maybe even 4 but it doesn't seem hard unless I increase the wts. And I will do HiiT tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

I always struggle with Monday morning w/o's. I made up for with a 50 minute walk at lunch then last night was the next Black Fire w/o-ABC1...for Agility, Balance and Core. It was 5 rounds of 4 different exercises, 30 sec work/15 sec rest, then a 1 minute rest before moving on to the next exercise. They were X Squats/hand release surfers jumps/plyo jumps over the mat/tricep pushups.

This morning was HCLB. My backside needs a lot of work. It was looking much better during meso1 and 2 when I was adding an extra leg day. Definitely need more work so I hope to incorporate an additional lower body/glute workout to my rotation. It was nice to add in HCLB. Tomorrow will be BBS and abs. My energy isn't what it should be and I'm guessing its due to lower carbs during this challenge.

I received a package from my new employer to be...it was a headset that attaches to your computer for lync/skype calls. It's funny because I just went and bought one last weekend so that I wouldn't have to bring my headset home from work for the days I work from home. I'm still waiting to get the all clear that all my pre-employment screenings have been completed. I still haven't given my notice. I'm guessing they just won't get 2 weeks notice. They are struggling to get me client billable work so I don't think they will care too much.

Beth-can you send the link to the weight vest you have? I use my Cathe vest during plyo legs and its a real burner for sure. Glad you found a way to get in bulk legs and watch soccer...it's all good!!!

LL-thanks for the update on GGG. Wow, how do you feel about the calories? I'm supposed to stick to as close to 1400 as possible in order to lose weight. Additionally, my protein goal is 112-125 grams per day. We just have to find a balance with the nutrition IMO. I struggle with eating too much chocolate and that is one of my goals. Enjoy 1-2 pieces of dark chocolate, but make sure its only after dinner and I'm sitting down and actually enjoying every bite of it. :) Otherwise I tend to just shovel it in if you will cuz it tastes so good.

Tina-what are you up to?

bbl

I can't remember the last time I checked in. Saturday was a day off, Sunday was a long bike ride, yesterday was M1D10 C,S, and Bi's and XT Burn Sets C, S, and back. This morning was Imax 3 and B&G floor and stability ball abs premix. I've upped my ankle weights to 4.5 lbs and I love the feel of the extra work.

Diana, that's so exciting about your new job. I wouldn't worry about having less than two weeks to give your notice, you've got to do what's right for you. 1400 calories doesn't sound like enough for the amount of workouts you do. Are you using protein powder to get in all your protein needs? I have a hard time fitting in protein, I just don't like meat, so I get most of mine from dairy. DS just watched a program called Cowspiracy on Netflix and this guy went on and on about how bad dairy is for women. I'd be lost without it. I liked the look of the Black Fire program, but only found it available on Daily Burn.

Beth, the workouts are on the way to you. You should have them in four to five days. I couldn't find the tiny guide book that came with them. If I find it, I'll send it to you. Your DH is already retired? That was fast! How's it working out for you?

LL, I just went through being disappointed with a workout purchase. Not that it was bad, it just wasn't Cathe. It's hard to beat perfection I guess, she's spoiled us for any other programs. I can't wait for ICE!

Hi all,

Diana and Tina, good to see you getting lots of workout in! I ended up just walking with my walking vest-about 10 pounds-on Monday and today was Bulk Back. I just love the way the Beast weight workouts are set up. Tomorrow will be a HiiT and abs from RWH (I liked PH1 and Abs 1 last week) and Thursday maybe a total body-MM or ME just to change things up. Friday I like to have as a rest day and will walk-3rd day on at work is always my tiredest.

Diana, the vest I got from Amazon is:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002AULILS/ref=pe_825000_114657650_TE_item
I used it Sunday for legs and it was great-no sand leaking all over my workout area!

DH is LOVING retirement. He's reading a lot and getting chores done. He helped me make soup today. So, so far so good.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did plyo hiit 2-the one the step. I used my high step with 1 riser for the first 2 exercises and then used my step with 8 inches for the rest. Those first 2 exercises are hard for me. I'm working from home today so I plan on getting in RWH BBS at lunch.

I'm still waiting for details from my new company. It's quite frustrating. I may call and see if I can get an update.

Tina-after reading about your Imax 3, that's what I wanted to do this morning but I didn't have the time. I was putting all our donation stuff out and taking out the trash etc. You must not have any bodyfat with all the weight work! I do have 2 scoops of protein powder each day. My morning shake is 1/4 frozen avocado, 1/2 C 0% Fage yogurt, barlean's greens, protein powder all mixed with water. I make what I call protein pudding with 1/2 C 0% fage yogurt and 1 scoop chocolate protein powder. This is my afternoon snack. For lunch I'll have a can of tuna or chicken with some steamed veggies or on top of a salad. Other than the yogurt, I rarely eat any other form of dairy. Due my previous acne issues, I was told to eliminate dairy many years ago. I've been surprised that the greek yogurt hasn't caused any skin reaction. The macro ratio for the challenge I'm in is 40 protein/40 fat (healthy fats)/20 carbs. I don't usually get that ratio though as my carbs are higher and my fats are lower.

Beth-Thanks for the link. Sounds like you are already putting your weight vest to work for you!!! I'm glad to hear things are going well with DH's retirement. My DH and I are the same age, but he wants to retire early but we won't be able to afford both of us retiring early. I will have to work and I'm not looking forward to going to work everyday while he's at home.

LL-what are you up to?

bbl

Did workout b yesterday, 6 weight/band exercises, paired, 3 sets, 6 or 10 reps. Today was 30 min mod. intensity cardio. Basically a circuit of 5 exercises with 60 second rests: body wt squats, bear crawl 15 yds (hard!), reverse lunges (hate lunges), black burn (on belly arms start on lower back and sweep low to the floor over my head and back, squeezing glutes at the same time, safe burpees (shuffle out jump back stand up hands on hips) these were tough I really feel like I got a workout today and my legs are sore! Tomorrow will be workout A again, but I'll add in HiiT for 6-10 min at the end. I will either do plate push and farmers carry with 30# in each hand 20-30 yds or bear crawl with safe burpees. I'm not sure which and I'm not sure how this will be more intense than what I did for today.

This has been an interesting break from Cathe. I was not thrilled after Monday but I'm liking it better now. I just home I see some results. I took pictures, measurement, weight and tried in the pair of size 8 jeans that I want to get into. But honestly, I need new jeans!

Sports tomorrow, but I think Hubby will be taking them! One first thing in the morning and the other at dinner time. I'm thankful we are far enough away from Philly that we haven't had to deal with Pope traffic! I hope to go thru the kids' clothes tomorrow for fall/winter, I really hate that job but it needs to be done. And maybe work on getting some of the marker and crayon off the walls!

Diana, I'm afraid of the calories!! But I'm trying it for a while and see how it goes. I did email Amber at GGS and she said my numbers look good, that it was more important to make sure I get the protein in and to recognize how I'm feeling hunger wise. The GGS guide says 112-156g of protein. 25-35% protein, 40-50% carb and 25-40% fat. Today I had 112g of protein.

Have a good weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Thursday was PUB and Friday was Weighted Legs from EB2 (thanks, Tina!) I got the discs on Thursday and watched them all. I decided to try a leg one Friday. Since I want to be able to walk this weekend, I decided to just use 10 lb. dumbbells for the workout (I did use 15's for the deadlifts). I thought it was a decent workout. I do wonder though if the 4x of each superset would get bit repetitious/boring. My plan is to try them all once and then send them back to Tina. Today I feel like my legs got a good workout. I'm sore with mild Doms, but feel like I could still do a cardio workout. I did workout after work yesterday so maybe at 5pm tonight more Doms will have set in? Sometimes they creep up on me!

I also finally got a copy off eBay of the Beast book and the Lucky 7 dvd. I started reading the book last night. One interesting statement Beast made was that he does not promote soy milk because of its estrogen factor and that it slows the metabolism. Do you all think this is just for guys? I may post this question in the discussion forum. For me, I put soy milk on my cereal in the morning-so I get about 4oz a day. I don't get chin hairs since I started doing this. But I would quit if it's really bad for you.

Anyway-I'm off to watch soccer now. I'll be back later! Happy Weekend!

Beth

Ok so I just finished wo A and the HIiT was different. I truly didn't get as winded as I do with Cathe. I did 2 songs 3-4 mi each. I pushed 2 15# plates 10-15 yds and then farmers carry: 30#db in each hand down at my sides and walked 20yds then rest 30 sec. I think I did it 3x maybe 4. It was fast and to the point and u just wanted to get it done. Not super fun by any means. I'd like to see what the results will be.

I may want to try STS after this but I'm afraid that all the workouts are 60 min.

Tomorrow will be off. Then I will probably do a similar schedule for next week:
M- wo A
Th-wo B
F- MIC (mod intensity cardio)
Sa- wo A with 6-10 min HiiT. (Today was 45 min but I was interrupted a few times)

Then I'll add in another HiiT for weeks 3&4.

Hi Ladies,

I've been in a conference Thurs-Sat and did not w/o at all. I may get in some weight training today and walk after dinner. I've been short on my steps due to sitting in sessions all day.

I received confirmation on my trip to Columbus today. I was hoping my background check would be completed and I could give my notice, but that has happened yet. As such, I'm scheduled to be onsite at a client meeting on Friday. Flying out on Thursday and back on Friday night. UGH. I'm stress eating...GGGRRRR.

LL-I like the sounds of your GGG w/o's. It's along the lines of the Holiday Meltdown and Spring Fitness challenge classes I take. We do those types of exercises with stair running, lap running, some kind of cardio between them. You might be interested in Black Fire. The Daily Burn is an app and it has several different programs and program types available. Black Fire w/o's are around 30 minutes including a warmup and cool down/stretch. I'm using the 30 day free membership to check it out and see if I want to pay for it. You should see results with higher protein intake, it has really made a difference for me.

Beth-Keep the reviews coming. We all struggle because we love Cathe's approach and style so much. Due to my thyroid condition, my Dr. told me to avoid soy as it interacts with my thyroid function and thyroid medication. I've read numerous stories on Soy and feel each person has to make their own educated decision. China is the largest consumer of soy. If there were any issues with soy, you would think we would know about them. The same goes for dairy. Iv'e read that humans should only drink milk from humans, not cows. Once we start eating solid foods, we shouldn't need to drink milk any longer. There is a ton of information on this subject alone. I feel that each person needs to their own research and do what is best for them and their families. Each persons makeup is different, how their body processes food etc.

Waving hi to Tina.....

Yesterday ended up being a walking day-I was so tired! I think we'll take a bike ride today if it warms up a bit. If not, I'll try the upper body weight disc from EB2.

Diana, I've tried to find info about soy. There are so many conflicting articles. I am going to talk to the dietician at work and maybe look into a nut milk. I really don't want to have to start making my own "milk". That and yogurt are about the only things I eat that aren't in an "as close to natural" state. I've tried other foods for breakfast, but don't really want to put any time or effort into it at 5AM. Even hot cereal is too much of a bother!

Diana, it sounds like you're super stressed with your job changes and responsibilities. I'm glad you were able to decompress yesterday. You've got a phenomenal fitness base and I'm sure a few days off will help you come back stronger and more motivated! I hope the new job gets ironed out soon.

LL, sounds like you are doing really well with GGS and that the length of the workouts fit into your schedule! I was looking for weights and ended up getting some 30 lb. dumbbells and an ez curl bar with plates from Overstock.com yesterday. I'm loving weights!

Tina, are you on a long bike ride this weekend?

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Feeling accomplished since I finally got to w/o!! I just picked up where I left off and did RWH Legs/abs1 and CST. I'm making progress with the chest finishers too. I did all 15 standard pushups and decline on my toes, and also managed 10 of the 15 tricep pushups. Due to shoulder issues the tricep pushups are pretty risky for me as are dips.

I'm super stressed about this trip. I'm flying to a client paid meet/greet to learn their process so I can support them. What am I supposed to do??????? I was supposed to book my trip yesterday when I got home from the conference but haven't yet. I'm not lying...yet....but if I hear back this week and go on the trip anyway, I will be lying. That's not me.....but I can't afford to be without a job.

I haven't gotten my steps in for the last 3 days. UGH....today I will get my 10K steps in!

Beth-I agree, there is so much information, misinformation, conflicting information, which makes it difficult to decide what is best for you. I use almond milk or coconut milk. Yay for your new equipment!! You will love your 30's!!!

Hi LL & Tina!

Beth- yes the time does work. But I'm finding there's no bicep work in the first month?? I've done a lot of legs (lunges, dead lifts and squats) chest and abs (push ups and planks), shoulders and back (over head DB press and one arm rows). I'm not sure what the pallof press iso works or slow mountain climbers and chin ups unless that is just general upper. I don't have a chin up bar or a cable machine so she found me a sub that looks like trivet lying down but with a straight arm. Make sense? Actually I just looked briefly at the rest of the program and it looks like they are all the same routine just maybe a variation and more reps. I will increase from 1 HiiT/wk to 2 by wk 3 and up to 3x/wk by the last month (3mo program) and 2 Mod Int Cardio by the last month as well.

I use So Delicious Cashew Milk in shakes. I don't like milk.
I'm tired today too. And I have all these great ideas of using my over ripe bananas in something and apples in something else. And watch the Eagles and plan school. But I just want to nap and finish Allegiant!

Diana- saw your post before I got to send mine! Happy you got a wo in! I love RWH but I forget what CST is? I am already thinking about what Cathe wo I will do what I finish a month of GGS. They recommend doing 4 weeks and then break for one. Sorry about the stress in your job!!

Hi Tina!

Friday was our anniversary ride up the coast of Maine. It ended up being a 64 miles. We did a short ride on Saturday and GS C&T yesterday. I've haven't been feeling very well lately, I keep getting nauseous on and off during the day, especially when on the bike. I hope it's just a weird virus that will pass soon. This is my STS rest week. We're going to go weight shopping next weekend so DH and I can restart STS together the following week.

Beth, I'm glad you're trying out the EBE2 workouts. Please keep them as long as you like. I think Diana was interested in trying them as well. Maybe you could mail them to her after you're done with them? I hope you we're able to get a bike ride in. :)

Diana, what a pickle with you're current job. Did you end up booking you're trip? I hope you hear back from the new job soon. Nice job on the push up finishers. We did GS chest yesterday and that push up section in the beginning is so tough! My wrists do not like tricep push ups, so I can only do a few of those on my toes.

LL, sound like you're liking GGS a little more now. Bicep training is my favorite body part to work. Could you do the Xtrain bicep curl challenge at the end of your workout?

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi Ladies,

I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible sore throat, earache and congestion. No workout to report as of yet. I can breath now so will probably do something when I'm done with work...at home today. I booked my trip to Columbus this morning. I'm seriously going out there for a 3 hour meeting on Friday. Really???

LL-CST is chest, shoulders and triceps, it gets me every time. Those chest finishers are no joke and I'm working my way up to completing all the reps on those bad boys! You can always bake a pie/crisp with the apples, and freeze the bananas for your smoothies. That's what I do with my bananas! Just add some bicep curls in when you can or use Tina's suggestion and do the xtrain 100 rep challenges.

Tina-sorry about the dizziness/nauseousness. I've been dealing with that myself, stress perhaps in my case. Wow, what a nice ride you had!!! Back to work for this gal....

Hi Beth :)

Hi all,

I did end up getting a great bike ride in on Sunday-lucky too, because the weather went rainy here today. Today I did EB2 Weighted Upper Body and Beast Lucky 7. Both are good workouts. EB2 is about 30 minutes of supersets-4 different supersets, 4x each. Lucky 7 was 6 supersets of 1 rep, 2 reps, 3 reps, etc. up to 7 reps. Then there was one ab move for 1-7 times on each side. That workout took about 22 minutes. So I feel like I got a good upper body workout in today with lots of reps!

Diana, you are caught between a rock and a hard place. Can you give your ticket to someone else to go if you end up getting the other job? What a pickle you are in...Good work on those finishers!

Tina, could you be pregnant?! Just kidding...I've heard it's something that happens when you're in a relationship though! How nice you could ride so far on Saturday!

LL, you can make ice cream out of frozen bananas with the yonana machine. Have you ever seen one? They sell it at the Weis here.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

My new company contacted me around 4:30 today informing me that my pre employment screenings and background check are completed. They would like me to start on Oct. 5th. It just figures. I emailed my boss (who is on vacation), and said I would like to give 2 weeks notice, but that is up to her. I also mentioned that I would not have booked the trip had I known this was coming. I feel really bad for doing this to my current company, that's just not my style. I have to notify my new company tomorrow if I can start on the 5th or give them another start day.

Beth-sounds like you got in a great w/o. I just popped over to read some of the reviews of Lucky 7. Sounds like it's a keeper. Unfortunately, its a non transferable ticket. At least I should be able to get the money back on the hotel.

bbl

Yesterday was TTM and today was RK and GS BSB. I'm feeling a little better than I was this weekend. It looks like rain until Monday, so I won't be riding for awhile.

Diana, that's crazy on the timing of the new job. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. How are your nerves doing? How are you liking the Black Fire workouts?

Beth, yay for a bike ride! No way I could be preggers. The thought makes me more nauseous! I think I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum and that's what's causing my symptoms. The joys of being female.

Hi to LL, hope schooling is going well. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.