Damage Control-September!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was STS discs, well can't remember the numbers, but they were Chest & Back and Plyo legs. This morning was BR Day 8.

bbl to see what ya'all are up to!

Hi all! Quick check in here from Ocean City, NJ!

I've been biking every day, first day was with three kids: 1 hr 25 min: 520 or so calories burned, included a 40 min stop at the arcade. Yesterday was alone: 53 min, 334 cal burned. Today 48 min 450 cal burned. For the last 15-20 min or so I would go as fast as I could for a block or two, then slow down for s block and then pick it up again.. We are on 39th street and I ride in the street until the boardwalk starts at 23rd and the boardwalk goes all the way to first. The board walk is a little over 2.5 miles and my total ride is 8.8 miles.

Recommendations on making it more hiit like? I figure 1-4 blocks as fast as I can then down to steady state for a block.

Yesterday we did the watermark so so walked up tons of stairs. But I didn't have my fit bit on so I don't know how many. I know the middle height slide was 39 steps! There are 3 and the lazy river and a place for little ones there.

I'm off to the beach! I miss doing my arms, I did the core with upper body focus2 days ago from TTM, but haven't used my DVDs since then. Trying to relax and not worry about food, but not going nuts.

I saw a thread about girl strength training, I can't remember what it's called 16 weeks, not Cathe, on sale for $59 until September 4? Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks for starting the new thread Diana!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LL-looks to me like you are getting plenty of exercise. Just don't forget to relax and enjoy your vacation, your very active vacation. I think the fast/slow of your riding is just like doing intervals. You will increase your metabolism for much longer than you would if just doing a steady state ride. I just came across this in the open discussion. It's from Girls Gone Strong. https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/mwgst-new/?awt_l=HVh5I&awt_m=3mt_Wv88bo2eIIP I'm not sure if this is what your are referring to or not.

Yes it is. I think it does full body heavy wts 3x per week! I feel like I could do that with Cathe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Thanks for starting the new thread, Diana. Your hike last weekend sounded so nice! What a great way to get an awesome workout, spend time with family, and enjoy nature. Happy Belated Birthday, too! You've joined the 50's club with me!

Tina, what color are you painting your house? You are so motivating to me to keep up the weight workouts. I've been reading the thread on EBE2 and can't wait to try it. The upper body sounds pretty quick, but the lower body workouts sound really challenging-which you would expect to help shape the booty! Are you getting good doms? I have one more Beast workout to finish before Monday-shoulders. Then I will have done 10 weeks. I'll be getting back from vacation and if you are ready to let me try the EBE2 will probably do them them to finish out Sept.

My vacation will involve no weights, LL! Yours is sounding fun and your bike rides are definitely interval based if you speed up and slow down. Do some push ups and planks and call it good!

I've been finishing up beast-did Back and Bi's yesterday. Today is cardio-I haven't decided what yet. I volunteered for a 12 hour shift tomorrow in a moment of complete weakness so will have to take tomorrow off. Then, a have shoulders and a cardio on the weekend. Getting my period on Tuesday threw me off a bit-lots of cramping, bloating, lethargy. I ended up taking Tuesday off, but am feeling better today and was much more motivated Wed. to work out! Gotta love the hormones...

BBL to see what you all are up to!

Beth

Today was Amy Bento's In the Ring, which is my all time favorite cardio kickboxing workout. I took a long break from doing this workout during my series rotation. It felt so good to run through it again. I am a sweaty mess right now and my core is cooked! I did the first week of STS just to see what we would need for DH and I to do it together. We really need another barbell and another set of 25's, so we may need to hold off starting STS together for a bit.

Beth, our house is birch gray and the trim is newport blue. I still have a long way to go, but the portions I have finished looks great. Tomorrow I'm going to try EBE2 weighted glutes. I did have great DOMS after weighted legs. I didn't really care for the upper body workout or the peak week cardio workout. I still need to try the plyo leg and the plyo glute workouts, and then I'll send them out to you. :) Good luck with your 12 hour shift tomorrow. I start back to work tomorrow and have tons of projects to complete, I'm really dreading it.

LL, your vacation sounds great! Nice job on staying active. :)

Diana, thanks for starting a new thread and happy belated birthday to you! I hope it was a great day. :)

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was STS disc 33-BSB, and this morning was BR day 10. Day 10 is only a 30 minute w/o so it was great for this morning. I hope to finish up STS this weekend. My cousin and I are doing a 7K at the Bronco stadium on Sunday. It should be fun. Other than that, I hope to take a load or 2 of stuff to the salvation army or arc.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. We sort of celebrated it on Sunday with the family. It was nice. This was the first year in probably 20 years that I've worked on my birthday. I started taking it off and getting a facial/mani/pedi etc. Something just for me.

Beth
-Yay for completing body beast. Are you happy with the results and would you do it again? I've been doing more weight training as I get older and less cardio. I've been a cardio junkie but am seeing better results with more lifting.

Tina-I love Amy Bento but do not have that w/o. She also has some kettlebell w/o's I'd like to try. I really like her Kickbox Xtreme w/o. I'm leaning towards doing a RWH/Xtrain rotation next. I never really got in to RWH. I've done all the w/o's at least once, and the plyo's a couple times each.

LL-hope you are enjoying your vacation!

bbl

Hi all,

Quick update before we leave for vacation tomorrow! My last two cardio workouts have been Insanity-pure cardio on Thursday, and Plyo Cardio Circuit today. It was nice to not have to get any equipment out for a change. The Beast has lots of dumbbells, etc. and clean up can take a while. I finished up Sat. with the beast shoulders. All I'm taking with me is my sneakers. I may do some pushups or burpees if the mood strikes. We'll see. I really just want to relax, read, and spend time with DH.

Diana, what weight work do you plan after STS? Going to go through it again? For me the winter has always been a good time to do STS since I am inside most of the time! I just ordered a 30 lb. weight vest for my next heavy weight round. My Cathe vest started leaking sand all over and I've duck taped it and the tape is not working in the humidity. So I tossed it! Isn't it fun sometimes to just use something up and then get rid of it. We're planning our yard sale for after vacation. I started going through books my last day off. Only keep what gives you joy...that's the barometer I'm using. Sorry...I'm tired and rambling a bit!

LL, you had a great week at the beach! I hope ours is as nice. What are your workout plans now? Kids playing any soccer?

Tina, you must be painting and biking and taking care of the creatures! I hope you had a good weekend and got some long bike rides in.

See you all next weekend...

Beth

Still at the beach. I have biked every day but 2 so far. Eating ice cream most nights! We come home tomorrow.

I'm seriously thinking about Girls Gone Strong. Although I put together a 2x wk strength training 2-3x wk HiiT into wo manager yesterday.

B will start soccer and is still doing travel baseball. JTrain is also doing travel baseball but also volleyball. CDawg is just doing volleyball.

Off to the boardwalk, vacation had not been awesome. Kids still fighting a lot. I hate to leave but I'm ready for my own bed (beds have been HORRIBLE) and hubby doesn't sleep well away from home the beds don't help. I hope to get another bike ride on the boardwalk tomorrow. They are therapeutic of nothing else!! I am loving the sun and waves. Little K has been completely nuts in the water!!

Hi Ladies,

Saturday was just errands...all day. Yesterday was the 7K and I've been so sore since then. It's just due to not running on a regular basis anymore. Yesterday afternoon I managed STS disc 34-C&B. Today will probably be disc 36-SBT and I'll save plyo legs for tomorrow since it's shorter and easier to do on a workday.

With a 9 mile run coming in on October, I need to start running at least a couple times per week. It's so much easier for me to run with the cooler weather. I'm going to map out a training plan to get me to 9 miles over the next month. I can do 6 so an extra 3 miles should be too much to add in.

Beth-You are not rambling, and I need the reminder. I just wish someone else would get rid of all our junk. I'm just not motivated when I'm the only going through stuff. I haven't committed to another rotation yet, but am thinking RWH/Xtrain. I would really like to give RWH a try and see what the results are like. Goodness, I think Pure Cardio is the toughest one...no breaks! PCC is my favorite w/o though.

LL-sorry your vacation is less than expected. Fighting kids ruin everything. Sometimes just spelling it out for them can help with their behavior. I certainly feel for you. I'll have to look more into Girls Gone Strong. I'm not really interested in buying any new workouts. I'm in a purging mode and trying to declutter. You know full well how much stuff kids have. We have stuff packed into every nook and cranny. The basement is coming along nicely. My girls room is packed not only with their stuff, but I use that room for storage too when they aren't here.

Tina-hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend!

bbl

I just couldn't get up this morning so I did BM2 upper body about 30 min. Tomorrow I hope to do tabatacise 1-2 plus core around 35 min I think.

Diana, GGS is a paper wo, no DVDs! That's what scares me about it. And the sale is over, so $119 if you want the nutrition plan, $20 less if y don't want that.

Tabatacise premix tabata 1 plus core 1 this morning. Wish I could have done 2 tabatas but we start SALT (out co op) this morning so we need to get out the door. I'm sitting in the car waiting for the boys...

This weekend was lots of bike miles and a calm kayak paddle. Yesterday was M1D4, LIHI CST and pilates abs. This morning was M1D6 legs. We'll be doing lots of potato digging for my FIL, who has a leg injury. He runs a small garden stand, so we've been stepping in. Can I tell you, it's much harder than it looks, especially in this bizarre heat wave we're having.

LL, welcome home. Sound like you had a good vacation. :)

Diana, a 7K sounds grueling. Nice job keeping up with STS. :)

Beth, I hope your vacation is going well. Don't forget to relax.

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report for yesterday, just walking and making sure I got in my 10K steps. This morning I had an early orthodontist appt. so no morning w/o again. I do have my step and weights set up for Disc 35-plyo legs. Hopefully I can get to that tonight and be done with STS. My credit union is offering a personal finance class that started last night. Yesterday was an overview of how banks/cu's operate and make money-which was very interesting. Then we talked about the top 9 things we should be doing with our money. I felt pretty good about that since DH & I have covered many of them. When I have my notes in front of me, I'll let you know what they are. The first one was pay your bills on time and create a budget.

I took a quick peek at the RWH/Xtrain rotation as well as the other RWH rotations. I'll come up with a plan and also keep doing the BR w/o's as they always yield results!

A coworker told me about a facebook page where you can buy, sell, trade, give away stuff in your city or close to it. It's called Buy Sell Trade city name. I'm going to check it out and see if can get rid of more stuff. All that clutter is weighing me down and definitely not bringing me joy.

LL-You didn't waste a minute getting back into your w/o's. Great job! Are the kids happy to be back in school? I'm not sure I'm up for a paper plan right now. Let me know how you like it. I keep looking into Pauline Nordin's Fighter Diet.

Tina-so you started STS after all. Is DH doing it with you? The 7K is only like 4.2 miles, pretty short. Potato digging doesn't sound like much fun at all. It's so nice that you are nearby and can help out. That's what family is all about!

Beth-hope you having a wonderful vacation!

bbl

STS total body today, but then I skipped the third and las burn and abs, started late. Tomorrow I have Intensity scheduled: premix HiiT(lo) + boot camp 35 min. I am really feeling it from today! I gained about 5 pounds over vacation, I hope to drop those quickly with less snacks and ice cream.

School is rough coming back from vacation. All classes have started except science for the middle two. We will start that next week and I'm teaching the labs with another family with 4 boys and her older 3 will be in the class with them. I am having difficulty keeping the middle boys focused, particularly B.

Diana, I didn't get it, I'm just thinking and researching about it. They def. NOT happy to be back doing school!

Hi Ladies,

I finished STS yesterday!!!! I'm starting "The Vote" challenge at the gym. I have to take before pictures and measurements, and my coach will be taking my weight/bodyfat etc. It's men vs women challenge. I'm hoping to get under the next decade of weight if you will. It's only about 5 pounds, but I'm still actually 10#'s away from goal. Final weigh in, stats and pics are due Oct 29th-31st. 6 weeks is enough time to drop 5#'s if I put my mind to it and put the fork down!

The cement guys finally came by yesterday and jackhammered out the front step. Hopefully they will pour the new one today.

For my next set of w/o's, I've decided on RWH using Xtrain and STS, and incorporating BR and a few runs here and there. I need to put together a rotation to keep me motivated and on a schedule. You know the saying "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail".

I'm considering getting a chromecast to stream some w/o's and see what I think. Any of you used this before? I was looking at beach body on demand, but it sounds like you can only stream w/o's you've purchased from beach body. I want to stream to my TV, since I already have the w/o's I can just use the DVD player. I was disappointed that you couldn't stream all their w/o's. It sounds like they make available a few w/o's that you haven't purchased. Daily Burn is one I'd like to try as well as Cathe on demand. I'm going to pay the $35 for the chromecast once I make sure there is a usb port on my w/o T.V. I could maybe us DS3's ps4, that's what I use for my BR w/o's on youtube.

LL-nice job with STS total body, that is an awesome w/o. The legs premix is great if you ever need a short leg w/o! Middle school age is tough for sure. I'm sure you will come up with a way to keep them motivated.

Tina
-what are you up to. Have you and DS started back up with school? Did you get your new garage doors? I bet they look awesome.

Beth-hope you are having a great vacation!

bbl

Just popping in to say the company I applied to is sending me an offer letter!!!!!!!!!! It comes with a 7% pay increase from my current job...which was a 3% increase from my previous job. A 10% raise in one year is pretty darn good IMO! It's a full time work from home position. They want me to start on October 5th. I'm so HAPPY!

Yesterday I did get in Intensity HiiT lo and boot camp. Today was supposed to be B&G but I was too tired to get up!

Today I'm a sports chauffeur. B had his first soccer game this morning and now I'm at JTrain's baseball tournament. I'm only staying for the 2:45 game and going home. A teammate's dad is driving him home after the 7:15 game. I expect I won't be home until 5:30 and I don't think I'll do a wo after dinner. My body is sore so I guess it's ok. But I really love B&G and I'm not sure if I scheduled any only leg days. This week., I think I set up MWF to be total body wt days, with HiiTs in between.

Hi to all that follow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.