Damage Control November!!!

Beth-B-Fit

Cathlete
Hi all,

I started out this month with the detox challenge day 2 and X10 double low impact premix. I made an appt. for 11/10 with the sports medicine doctors and hope to get some answers about my hip/leg.

What's everyone else doing? Diana, have you finished the challenge? How is your knee feeling? LL, how much cardio are you doing? Tina, you out there?!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Transformation results-body weight-same, decreased bodyfat%, increased muscle mass, waist-down 2 1/2", thigh down 1/2", hips-same (booh), up 2#'s of muscle! Before and after pics are being sent to a 3rd party for judging. My coach said that only 5 of his clients have done their final weigh in. If you don't finish, you aren't in the pot for any winnings! The winnings will be handed out on 11/13 after the Sunday Funday class.

Today I did BR RTC Day 8 with 10# vest. Of course I'm drinking a glass of wine before starting my 21 day cleanse tomorrow.

Beth-Nice workout!!! I'm glad to hear that you have an appointment with a Sports Medicine Dr. My knee is not quite right. I've been wearing my brace at night and that seems to help a bit. I'm still doing the BR Real Time Challenge with a 10# weight vest. Although they are circuits and do involve weights, I consider this my cardio w/o. I'm also continuing with STS-doing each week twice. I'm on M2W2 round 2 this week. Just a tip on the tonic-I put it in ice cube trays and just pop one out each morning. I'm starting tomorrow!

Hi LL & Tina-check in when you can ladies!

Hi! Checking in from
Baseball championship for B!

Finished 2 week detox on Sunday: 6# 3" gone! In 6 weeks 8# and almost 5" down! Now I'm afraid to starting eating stuff. I had some parm on my roasted broccoli last night and had vanilla unsweetened cashew milk in my strawberry banana and spinach smoothie (out of protein powder) and I didn't like it and I feel like I'm coughing/clearing my throats all afternoon! I had some cheese, deli turkey spinach on brown rice /quinoa cakes for dinner and have some trail mix with raisins, salted cashews and raw almonds. We'll see how that goes!

Yesterday I did Super Cuts premix with core 1 39 min or so. Nothing today. I did sign up for a 21 day fitness challenge with Young Living and it's not hard or long but I've already messed up.
10am 1 min push ups
11am 1 min squats
12pm 1 min chair dips
1pm 1 min high knees
2pm 1 min plank

Did all but the plank yesterday and none today.

Diana-Awesome results!!!

Beth- tell me about your detox! Mine was no wheat/grains except for a few like quinoa and millet, no sugar, no dairy, no sugars, no more than 2 fruits a day, and more that is too long to explain. I'm not sure where to go now as I have more weight to lose and I'm afraid of gaining it back or not feeling well.

Hi Tina!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

I worked 10 hours today..whew..been a long one for sure. I was up early and did my workout at 5:30 this morning. The rest of the day was busy in meetings and solving problems. I did BR RTC Day 9 with the 10# vest. Tomorrow will be the next STS disc.

LL-Great Job!!!! It all comes down to nutrition and healthy eating. Beth and I are both doing http://simplegreensmoothies.com/cleanse. I've done it numerous times and can probably answer any questions. It's all vegan recipes. If you pm me I can provide more details on the program. I try to do it at least twice a year. Go B!!!

Waving hello to Beth and Tina.

He won!!! Great game.

I looked at the link and since it's not free, I can't do it right now.

Have you guys looked at the rotation yet? I might do it.

Btw, I finally d/l windows explorer on to my Xbox 360, but when I went to the Cathe on demand test site, I got a black screen for all 4 tests. [emoji17]

No wo today. Going to bed. Very tired.

Hi Ladies,

I'm rolling along with STS. I've finished discs 7 and 8 and even upped the weights some. My weight is up too which usually happens when I lift consistently. My legs are pretty sore from X10 on Tuesday. It's weird-my thigh muscles have DOMS and the rest of my leg and back feel fine. Naturally once I made the appt. things start feeling better-happens to me with the dentist too. I went to the pool today and feel good and stretched out. Glad I'm doing STS now-forgot how fun Cathe can make it!

LL, I looked at the rotation. It looks ok-pretty standard of 3 weight and 3 cardio workouts. I thought you were thinking about doing more HiiT? It's an efficient use of your time! Your cleanse seemed to work well. Why don't you just keep cycling through it? I'm drinking a lot on this one. Yesterday I had 4 extra cups of tea! I ended up throwing some extra veggies in the carrot soup-some cauliflower and leftover pumpkin puree. I'm off work now for 4 days so will be able to get next week ready.

Diana, you are rocking the workouts with the vests! I loved walking with mine and hope to get back to it. Too bad about the long hours. Did you get a headset so you can walk around?

Beth

Beth- after more careful look at the rotation, I don't have most of the wt DVDs except for xtrain so I won't be doing it. I am on an xtrain kick tho! I did CBS premix 1-4 with core 1 today and AOLIH yesterday and Bis and Tris the day before. I kinda like the 3 HiiT cardio and 3 wts per week. But I just have been going with what I'm in the mood for that day trying to alternate wts and HiiT with abs thrown in a few times a week.

So I had my first sweet last night in almost 3 weeks! I had about a spoon full of Breyers salted caramel and then a tiny piece of bluebery dark chocolate. It was pretty good but not amazing! Very excited about that! Now I did put a drop of peppermint essential oil on the roof of my mouth before my workout and then after dinner to give me a boost of energy and help curb cravings. My stomach didn't feel normal not bad
But not great either after the sweets do I put some Digize essential oil with coconut oil around my belly button and then I was fine.

Hi Diana and Tina!!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did a BR w/o and STS disc 17 Legs. Today I did the next BR w/o with the vest. It was pretty tough. I was too tired/hungry to do my weight workout. I'm attributing my tiredness to the cleanse. Less calories and less protein is catching up with me. I am enjoying nourishing my body with all the yummy food. I'm down 3.3lbs in 3 days, all water I'm sure. This is pretty standard for me on this cleanse. By the end of cleanse though I'm usually within 1 or 2 lbs of my starting weight. It's not a weight loss plan anyway.

Beth-great job with STS! I hope to finish up M2 W2 today. Your muscles hold the water which increases your weight. Drink plenty of water and that will help flush it out.

LL-Did you contact customer support about the Cathe live issues? They are very helpful. You are doing awesome on your meal plan! Wow, 3 weeks without sweets is an amazing accomplishment! It's tough for sure.

Hi Tina!

Hi Ladies,

Today was BR RTC Day 15-a 75 minute awesome workout! Then I did STS Disc 19-CST. My shoulder/neck injury is a bit sore today so I didn't wear the vest today. The cleanse is going well.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

bbl

Wow! Diana, 75 min and then STS! Amazing! I'm taking off today.

Amazing workout, Diana! Cleanse is going good here, too. I'm enjoying the drinks a lot. Some of the foods I substitute based on what ingredients I have, but I try to keep it in the same vein. My leg is liking the low impact. Today was Low Max-the second half. It was about 45 minutes.

Beth

STS Disc 11-last Back and Tri's in meso 1 done! I'm debating whether or not to take a cycle off before starting meso 2. Leg is feeling good. Still planning on seeing the doc Thursday. Have a good week all!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did BR Day 12 with the vest and STS disc 20-legs. I'm in meetings all day and have to shop for week 2 of the cleanse tonight. Probably a rest day for me.

I had a massage last night to work on my neck/shoulder. She recommended a trigger point massage next time.

Beth-glad to hear you hip/leg is finally feeling better. You are rocking STS. I'm on Meso 2 week 3. I'm doing each week twice and am really seeing an increase in my strength. I'm debating on doing meso 3. It's my least favorite. I'm sure I'll do it, but not doing each week twice. The Chest/Back is a struggle for me with lifting the heavy bar up and down for the chest/back exercises. I wish I had a heavier barbell so I didn't have to use the same one during this mesocycle.

Waving hello to LL & Tina

Diana, a massage sounds divine! I'm sure you need it with those tough BR workouts!!

I've been on an XTrain kick lately and did Legs standing only yesterday and did Hard Strikes timesaver cardio only.

Beth- I'm so jealous that you have STS! Someday!

Hi Tina!

Hi all,

Hi all,

Pool today. Feeling like 30 minutes is enough. Diana, glad you like your vests. You are getting a lot of use out of them. I agree, STS is such a good, solid program. Feels good to do even just the upper body. I'm with you on Meso 3-I might do a Meso 3 like program using different workouts (chest/back, arms, legs). Or do 1 body part/day. We'll see when we get there! First I have to get through meso 2!

Tomorrow is a rest day for me. LL, I'd like a massage, too! How is the school year going? Are you in a routine?

BIG NEWS here: DS1 got a job!!!!! He'll be a computer programmer at an insurance company about an hour from here. He starts 11/21. It has a great salary and benefits. He accepted it today-like there was any way I wouldn't not let him take a bona fide job?! No, it was his decision. He's going to commute for a bit to not change everything about his world in the next two weeks. I'm so happy for him. He's such a nice person and I've done my crying and come to terms with his growing up.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I didn't have much time to w/o yesterday, so I did BR Day 1 because it fit in my time slot. Yesterday I was able to get out at lunch time and late afternoon for a short walk. I've been short on my step goal both Monday and Tuesday. The time change has screwed up my evening walk schedule.

I've waned a couple times on the cleanse. I had a tortilla with peanut butter a couple times. I normally start the cleanse on a Sunday or Monday and have the weekend to prep my meals for the week. Starting midweek has been challenging with prepping. I did shop Tuesday night for week k 2. I'm having what I had for dinner last night for lunch today. That is how the original cleanse was written. Based on feedback they updated the version we are doing. I had the zucchini pasta with roasted veggies and basil pesto for dinner and it was delicious. I also purchased one of their cookbooks called Let's Eat Autumn. It came with some bonus recipes for meat. Definitely looking forward to those in the future.

Beth-that is great news for DS1! Congratulations!!! Is he considering moving closer to his new job at some point? It's probably best to see how things go before making a move like that and being tied to a lease. You are doing great with STS!

LL-how are you doing?

Tina-check in when you can. We'd love to hear from you.

bbl

Hi all,

Diana, this cleanse is really helping my eating to stay focused. I love all the veggies! I just use the spaghetti squash for my pasta cause I have yet to break out my noodler thingy. My brain is dead! Went to the orthopedists yesterday. The diagnosis I got was a tight IT band and a prescription for therapy. They think there is something going on in my back, but they don't do backs. So next Tues. I'm going for therapy, I'm foam rolling the IT area (NOT easy to do!), taking extra strength Tylenol twice a day and just walking and doing the pool (now my left shoulder is complaining :confused:. One thing at a time. I do think though that high impact is off the table for quite some time. Too bad I preordered Strong and Sweaty. And of course, now Cathe has on demand with Apple TV-which I have! Oh well, I plan to keep eating well and doing what I can.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I did BR day 18 with the vest. Oh my, pushups, burpees, tuck jumps were all super tough today. Oh and the time was 50 seconds, I thought I was going to die. I have Hard written on my workout sheet. It's hard without the vest, the vest made it so much tougher.

Beth-I'm struggling a bit with the cleanse. I added a salmon filet to my lunch. I'm feeling the need for more protein. Doing double workouts and STS is tough without getting much protein. Still eating clean and following the plan with the addition of salmon. I don't have one of the noodler things, I just use my potato peeler. It works just fine. I'm having the cauliflower soup with kale croutons right now for dinner. It's delicious. I'm also making the Thai Red Curry so I can have a couple meals prepared. I deal with tight IT band on occasion too and have been to PT 3 different times for it. Foam rolling makes a huge difference. I couldn't even do one roll on my bad side and it hurt so bad I wanted to cry. Did they show you how to lay on your side and roll the entire length of the IT band from hip to knee? Hope you figure out what's going on. All our muscles are connected. The gal that works on my neck/shoulder area told me the trigger for that is further down in my back. It's weird, I want her to rub where it hurts, but she's not. She uses release techniques that when she puts pressure on a different area, I can feel it where my pain is.

Hi to LL & Tina

Diana, thanks for the insight with the foam roller. It hurts to do that! I've been working and walking the past few days.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.