Damage Control November-Kick it into High Gear!

Hi all,

Glad to read everyone is getting in good workouts!

RWH is tough, LL. It sounds like the times of the workouts are working for you! Do you have a lot scheduled this weekend with the boys?

Tina is having a marathon day at work today-10 hours is long! I have heard of Marie Kondo's book-it's on my wish list at Amazon. I tend to buy stuff after it's been out for a while and is less expensive. My back porch has a pile of yard sale items on it-we never got around to it this fall and plan to do one in the spring/summer. I like the idea of only keeping stuff you really love to wear, not buying a lot more, and then just having what you love to wear! Glad you can use the squat rack dvds-somebody should!

Diana, it sounds like you're making the most out of your workouts. It's actually been kind of nice for me to use other dvds and just walk lately. Yesterday I did Lean Legs and Abs and did my own stuff during the workout. I used my new, heavier vest and did 300 walking lunges-took the 15 minutes of the compound leg section. Then I did 100 squats and 50 calf raises during the chair/band section (and I did the band section since there were no carrying of weights). The ab section was fun-again without the 8 lb weight. The whole workout was about 40 minutes.

DS2 rolled in last night with a mountain of laundry....

Beth

RWH LIHI Back Biceps shoulders this morning. This time I did 2 sets and finishers. I've never done the finishers before, some were thought some weren't. I went lower than her on almost all the weights, particularly the barbell, I think I'm pretty weak there. Well, I'm only 5 or so pounds lighter...

Beth, today is pretty low key: piano tuner coming this morning, JTrain has basketball this afternoon and we are starting a new Life Group at our church tonight. And in between we have house cleaning and some errands to run. So active not busy, I say. Which I can handle better than back to back long sports not near each other! So does he do his own laundry or expect you to do it?[emoji41]

Diana, yes RWH has been challenging but I've really enjoyed it! I agree acne and wrinkles stink!! I have them too! I have topical stuff and they recommended oral but I don't want to take them.

Hi Tina!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Not much to report this Monday morning. Saturday I did Cardio Core Circuit and Sunday I walked and did yoga on my own. I'm still focusing heavy on my diet and feeling good. Today I'm planning on HSTA -I do the warm up, the 5 cardio, the cardio and lower body premix, then the cool down. It's about 40 minutes and is so energizing! I will probably just hold weights instead of putting any on my shoulders. What's everyone else up to?

LL, glad you had a lower key weekend! Are the latest Cathe deals tempting you?!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I got to spend Saturday with my sister! :) She lives nearby and we talk on the phone a lot, but we don't get together very often since she has to work weekends. She is a vet tech and the clinic she works in is open on Sat and Sun. She and her husband are building a house and it's due to be ready the middle of December. We went up and looked at the progress, it's very pretty. Her basement is huge! I'm so happy for her. She has lived in super small houses her whole life. This will be so nice for her. Her daughter is coming home from college (Hawaii) just in time to help move.

No workout Sat, but Sunday I finished up Meso 2 and did the next BR w/o with modifications. Tonight is my class at the rec ctr. I haven't been there since the 1st night, the night I hurt my knee. I'm also picking up my race packet for the Turkey Trot. I can't run, but I paid for the shirt and goodies. If possible, I may see if they will let me switch to the 5k and just walk. Oh, I almost forgot, the bathrooms are being painted this week!!!!! Then the bathrooms will be done!!!

Have any of you looked in to purchasing Cathe Live and OnDemand? What are your thoughts? I've looked into Beachbody streaming, but you are only allowed to stream w/o's you've purchased from them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm going to have research a bit more.

Beth-funny, I do that to, put in a dvd and do my own thing! I watched part of one of the low impact w/o's while doing my PT. I'm looking for w/o options I can do with my injury. It's too difficult to do anything choreographed as I can't keep up right now, and anything step is out of the question. This is why the BR w/o's are so good right now. HSTA is a fun one. I love that you get your cardio and weights in one w/o! Enjoy

LL-you are rocking this rotation!!! As long you as the weight is challenging for you, that's all that matters. I struggle keeping up with Cathe on Bicep work. The oral medication helped enormously with my cystic acne. The kind that leave scars forever. The peels and dermabrasions have eliminated most of the acne scarring.

Tina-How did you manage your 10 hour day??? What are you up to today?

bbl

Rest day yesterday. Today was RWH Plyo One Abs One, I can't do all those burpees! I'm also in pumpkin bread baking mode for Christmas gifts. I made 7 large and 15 small yesterday and today I made 8 large. I love the batter so I like the bowl. And guess what?! I gained back the 2 pounds I lost + .2! Plus we had buttered popcorn with our family movie last night: TomorrowLand. Hopefully tomorrow will be better! I really don't want to hit that 180 mark and I was .1 away from that today!! Yikes! And I still have 3 more double batches to go, I'm halfway thru.

Tomorrow will be RWH Legs.

Diana, Glad you had a fun day with your sister! Exciting about your bathrooms being almost finished! I have looked into getting the On Demand. It seems pricey. But I think you get a lot. All of the DVDs, but no premixes. And the live classes. I talked to my friend/Beach Body Coach and she said it seems pricey, but my thought is you are getting all of Cathe's workouts and a live class. Bob doesn't let you have all the workouts only the older ones according to her, but now it sounds even worse: only ones you've purchased?

Beth, yea they are but I haven't gotten any response as to whether or not Cathe On Demand will work with my XBox because Apple TV is upstairs, computers upstairs and I really don't want to do it of my phone or iPad. Now I could buy a cord for $30+ but I've already bought one from the older iPad generation to mirror what's on my iPad to TV. But all my workout stuff is in the basement, and it is an old tube TV.

Hi Tina!

We managed a 30 mile bike ride in the rain. It was so cold, it felt like it should have been snowing. Took all day to get our core temperatures back up. I kept yelling out, "we're making brown fat"! Like that would make us seem less lunatic-ish. Yesterday, while doing RWH PH2, I did something to my calf. I tried to walk it off, but it lingered all day. I hobbled through the workout and then did RWH LI1, and it still felt like I had an apple logged in the muscle. I can feel it slightly this morning. so I'm going to take it easy this morning. DH decided to keep moving through STS. He's going really light on the shoulder work. We did M2D15 last night. I keep telling him he will really like Meso 3.

What are you all doing for the holiday? We're hosting for once. My parents and one set of my inlaws are coming. Should be interesting because they are both on the opposite ends of the political spectrum. Hopefully I won't be having to redirect the conversation or play referee.

Beth, are you doing the mom thing with DS's laundry? My arch nemesis is laundry! How's your shoulder feeling? Sounds like you're getting in some great workouts. I'd love to get a weighted vest, I should put it on my Christmas list.

Diana, what color are you painting in your bathrooms? Our upstairs bathroom is a hideous periwinkle color. We're going to gut that bathroom next year, so it would be silly to paint over it now. Don't you love getting in a good workout on thanksgiving. I'm thinking, if I get the turkey in the oven first thing, we could squeeze in a short bike ride. It would calm my nerves for the food prep and last minute clean up. My sister lives near by as well, less than five miles. I love having her right down the road. We're doing a movie and dinner night tomorrow with our mom. We're going to see the new Brooklyn movie about an Irish immigrant who is torn between staying and going back home. Both my mom and her sister immigrated when they were in their late teens. She lost her sister last year to cancer, so I'm sure we'll need a box of tissues to get through this movie.

LL, It sounds like you're rotation is going great! I really don't know how you fit it all in.

BBL to check in on what you're all up to. :)

Hi all,

Tina, that movie looks so good! I can't wait until it comes to Wellsboro. We've definitely put the bikes away-30 miles in the rain-yikes! It's funny, we keep our house at 64 to get more brown fat...I tell DH the same thing about it being good for us. I did do all the laundry-it wasn't that bad. All total 6 loads. I've officially taken over hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas. My mom gets too overwhelmed and since the family has grown, she doesn't have enough room for everybody to be comfortable. Fortunately I'm off that day and now that DH retired he's helping. I don't know what workout I'll do Thursday. My go to has always been Bootcamp original, but with my shoulder...On the plus side my shoulder feels super. Now I'll have to baby the both of them. Oh well, I think Ice is going to be good for me. Speaking of Ice, Cathe liked a comment I made...first time ever!

Diana, don't paint the walls warm rose-we tried that and it ended up looking like wild berry-which was really weird. We did that in our first house in the kitchen and had to paint it all white to sell the place. Glad you had fun with your sister. I wish I had a sister. My brother has a fiance-5 years-but I don't think she likes me-that's the vibe I get anyway.

LL, it sounds like you're doing fantastic with the workouts. One blog I follow recommended weighing yourself today and then making the goal for the next 6 weeks just be to not gain any-to just maintain. Worth considering...

Beth

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report for yesterday, booh. Work has gotten crazy this past week. To be honest, I'm much more advanced than most of the folks I work with. One of the other gals and I are on the same page. It's been a little frustrating to say the least. Today will be the next BR day or some kind of cardio-perhaps my elliptical. I'm still unable to do any impact, jumping etc.

The bathrooms are done!!! They are painted a very light cream color with ultra white trim. We are keeping the colors neutral since we plan on selling in a couple years. We asked for an estimate for painting the rest of the house sans bedrooms. I hope to order my new stainless steel refrigerator today. It's an LG french door with the freezer on the bottom. I just want to make sure it has the "no-print" surface.

I am preparing food to take to my SIL's for Thanksgiving. After both her in-laws passed and her Dad, she started hosting for both sides of the family. It works well since she does the Turkey and has everyone bring everything else.

LL-After further review, not all BB w/o's are available to stream. They offer 30 days free streaming. It sounds like they will continue to add to their streaming library. You do have more options than just the discs you've purchased. It's really the way of the future. I'm trying to embrace it. Obviously, I do not plan on getting rid of my DVD player any time soon. I'm seriously considering getting the Cathe Live and OnDemand. Yep, all those blts (bites, licks, tastes) add up. In WW we had to count all our blt points! I agree with Beth, try to maintain your weight over the holidays. The gym does a "Holiday Hold em" challenge. You have to weigh in and pay $30. When you weigh in at the end of the challenge, if you have maintained your weight within 2lbs, you get your money back. By the way, I don't think anyone can do all those burpees!!!

Tina-a 30 mile bike ride in the freezing rain does not sound fun at all. Hope your calf feels better soon. The PT exercises are so simple, but the hamstring curl is really bothersome. The movie sounds really good, probably a tearjerker for your mom though. Is your DH liking Meso 2 better than 1? Meso 3 is just so difficult having to use the tower and adding all the heavier weights. It would be much more enjoyable if I had a weight bench and 45# Olympic bar for it.

Beth-OMG, 64...that is too cold for me. I need to check the status of ICE. We should be getting them soon I suspect. Sorry your potential SIL doesn't like you. My SIL and get along fine. We don't always agree on things, but it doesn't get in the way of our relationship. Make sure you don't push it too much with your shoulder. This set back with my knee is really annoying.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hi Ladies,

Guess everyone must be busy today. We spent a wonderful Thanksgiving at my SIL's house. It works out well since she cooks the turkey and everyone else brings everything else! No black Friday shopping for me this year. I didn't go last year either. Now that my kids are older it's not necessary for me to go out on this day. Oh, and it's freezing cold and snowy out.

Well now that I can workout again, I'm back to Kickin' it in to High Gear mode! Most weights are doable other than lunges. Most cardio can be modified but step is out of the question right now. With that in mind, today was BR Day 12 and STS disc 13. I'm starting meso 2 over again since I was sick during this phase and injured myself. I missed a few days of PT and my knee is hurting so I need to make sure to get those exercises done each day.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

bbl

Hi all!

I hope everyone had a great holiday. My dinner went really well and reminded me how much to feel grateful for others. Thursday I did Slow and Heavy Legs and shoulders (2-3 lbs on shoulders) without any problems. Friday DH and I walked for an hour-it was around 60 here! Today it's raining and I'm planning on some variation of X77-definitely the low impact and cardio and maybe one more with light weights.

Diana, I need to kick it back in, too! I gained 3 lbs. between Thurs. and Fri.-probably salt? Glad to hear you leg/quad is feeling better. I didn't go shopping either-unless you count the book I got for DH on Amazon. It's called The Martian-there was a movie out of it recently with Matt Damon. I heard the book was really good and he loves Sci-Fi reading-as do I...so we'll both end up reading it. He has also decided to try some yoga at home with me. He can not bend his back much...but hey-it's a start and he's got to start somewhere.

Tina, did you get a ride in Friday? Did you have warmer weather?

Hi, LL! Are you getting any RWH in this weekend?!

Beth

I hope you all had a happy holiday, ours went well. The turkey came out perfect. We managed to get out for a bike ride Thursday and Friday morning. The weather is unseasonably warm, so the rides were really enjoyable. It's raining today, so we'll start week seven of STS today. We need to add in some abs, we've been neglecting them all week.

Diana, sorry to hear your knee has flared up again. Your workout routine sounds great! That's awesome that your bathrooms are completed. They must look brand new. We recently bought a new stainless steel fridge with the no print surface, I absolutely love it! A quick swipe with a damp sponge and it looks new again.

Beth, I really loved The Martian, and I'm not a sci-fi fan. I was just thinking about doing another round of S&H when we finish STS. Those are great workouts.

LL, what are you up too?

I'm getting so excited for ICE, the workout times seem perfect and the clips look on the high end of intermediate. :)

Hi Ladies,

Today was BR day 1 and STS Disc 14-legs. I'm starting BR over since week she changes up the cardio for the next 2 weeks and it would not be doable for me right now. I'm definitely jealous of your temps. We are having a high of 27 today and more snow. I hate being cold.

I stretched really well and am starting to use the foam roller again. I'm hoping the knee pain will go away completely soon. The pain is when I push off...like to jump. The landing...as long as my feet are together, doesn't hurt. I'm not pushing though, I want to get back to high impact at some point. If I push it now, I'm just prolonging my recovery.

I ordered my new refrigerator yesterday. It will be delivered and installed next Saturday. :)

Beth-sounds like your shoulder is starting to come around, thanks to your rehab! After doing yoga for a while, I'm sure your DH will see improvement. You have to start somewhere. I'm also considering taking a yoga class at a local studio. It's just so expensive.

Tina-Wow, you got to go on a bike ride will our high on Thanksgiving was 23, BBbbbrrrrr. Way to go with Meso 2!!! BR has a lot of ab work incorporated into all the circuits. I don't have to worry about adding on ab work with BR.

LL-you must be busy with your family festivities.

bbl

hi all!

Tues- RWH LIHI Legs
Wed-rest day
Thurs-RWH LIHI Back Biceps Shoulders
Fri- RWH Low Impact 2 abs 3
Today- rest day - annual leaf day at my in laws where my sister in law and I did windows all day. I hope I'll be able to do LIHI chest tomorrow.

Hopefully more later. Heading home and getting car sick on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Today was STS Disc 15-back & biceps and my ab challenge from last year. My intention was to do BR day 2 but my knee is bothering me and I don't want to make it worse. Tomorrow I may give one of Cathe's low impact w/o's from RWH a try. If not, then I will at the very least get on my elliptical.

I'm considering putting up my tree today. 2-4 inches of snow expected with a high of 27...I do not like the cold at all.

LL-nice job keeping up with your workouts during such a busy week.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Hi all,

I am still sore in my upper body from the little bit of upper body there was in X52-low impact, cardio and fat burning. I feel it the most in my lats. Sunday I walked a good hour with the vest on. I haven't decided yet what to do today. We put up our tree and decorated the mantle and around the house a bit yesterday. I finished a book from the local library: All the Light You Cannot See. Have any of you read it? It's very good. It's about France and Germany during WWII from the children's perspectives. My book club has it on deck to discuss in Jan. and there's quite a waiting list for it so I had to read it when I could!

Has anyone else started Christmas shopping? We had a little grown up discussion at Thanksgiving about it with my brother. He's opting out of gift giving from now on.

Diana, I really want to do Afterburn, but I'm a little leery of the upper body weights. Now that I think of it, maybe I'll do Cardio Supersets today-it's one of my favorites! Do you have to go back to get your leg rechecked? At this point I don't think I'll need to keep my follow up for my shoulder. As long as I'm super careful and keep doing the rehab exercises a few times a week I think I'll be ok. Have you been shoveling? I saw part of the Broncos game last night and thought of you!

Tina, I figured you'd get some biking in! Good for you. Any more animal sitting business with the holidays?

LL, sounds like RWH is perfect with your schedule!

Beth

Plyo HiiT 1 scrambled with abs 1( the one with weights). Shoulder is killing me from the doing the windows on Saturday and then I did RWH chest, tris, shoulders, two sets with finishers. Those push-ups were killer! I could do make of 6 I think and the only the first 2 were on my knees. O won't be doing those finishers again any time soon!. Today has some of those one arm burpees, killer too!

Diana, did you get the snow you expected? I forget, what state are you in? I hear you on the holiday hold 'em challenge, are you doing it? And I have no interest in BB anything for a while. I can't do Cathe On Demand because I haven't figured out how to do it with my Xbox and the premixes are not on there. But the workout blender looks awesome. Technically today's wo should have been Plyo 1 low impact 2 but it was too long, I thought I was going to die just thinking about it and I didn't like the idea of changing the discs in the middle.

Beth, I didn't even step on the scale today. I made 4 desserts this holiday: pumpkin pie, caramel apple cake (new and a flop) and 2 chocolate silk pie, my absolute favorite and I ate sooooo much of it. I will step on the scale tomorrow. So I need to kick it up a notch to hold my weight!

Tina, while I'm excited about ICE because anything new she puts out will be awesome, but do I really need another wo? And why would I want intermediate when I'm and advanced exerciser? I know on the Girls Gone Strong workouts, they recommend one month hard, then a week of lighter workouts and then go hard again and d that for 3 months so: 4 weeks hard, 1 week lighter, repeat 2 more times, increasing for each set of four weeks. Should I be doing that with the two months of RWH? I'm starting the fourth week today. Or do I do the next month starting next week and then take a break, maybe with ICE? But will IcE be a good thing to do for a week or a whole rotation a month or more? I will have to check out the Martian because I am a sci if fan!

Got to start school!

Saturday was rainy, so we did M2D19. Sunday was a 30+ mile bike ride, and this morning was Imax 3. We'll do M2 D21 tonight and save the legs for Thursday. We'll probably do MM together on Wednesday night. It's almost time to break out the bike trainers and cycle dvd's, which I'm not too excited about. We're back to normal temps this week, so I won't be going out for any night rides.

Beth, I really loved All the Light You Cannot See. I love a book that has characters I wish I could know in real life. Did you look up photos of the city on line? It looks like a real fortress. I'd love to visit it someday. We just started Christmas shopping. DD is moving out next week, so she'll be really easy to shop for this year. My mom says she doesn't want to exchange, but we tried this another year and she of course went out and bought for everyone, so I'll still end up buying for her and my dad. They do so much for us all year long, I wouldn't feel right leaving them out.

LL, you may not need another workout, but I find my motivation for working out goes through the roof when something new arrives. I think for that benefit alone, it's well worth getting the new workouts. I certainly get down to the basement much sooner than normal when I'm getting acquainted with a new series. I'm really excited about the metabolic workout the most, although they all look fun.

Diana, I'm with you on the cold weather. I really can't wait to move to a warmer climate, like North Carolina maybe. We're just batting around the idea of retiring there. Our neighbors want to take a three or four day trip together and check out the area. I did Imax 3 this morning, thinking my calf pain was better, but midway through it started nagging at me again. I'm thinking it's the full step workouts that are aggravating it. I'm going to stay with floor workouts for the next two weeks and see if it heals. I hope your knee is 100% soon!

Now that we've all seen the clips, which ICE workout will you try first?

Hi Ladies,

I managed Low Max today. It wasn't too bothersome and I liked that pace is much slower than many of the other step w/o's. Then I did Disc 16-CST and the Up the Ante Abs challenge from my gym. My weight is up a tad....from eating yummy monkey bread. I shouldn't have made it and certainly shouldn't have eaten it. After losing 20#'s a couple years ago, I'm not interested in having to do that again. There are no excuses for what I eat since I'm working at home. I have all kinds of healthy options. Back to making better food choices. I've been tracking all along, just not keeping within my macros. Back to it starting today.

I'm so sick of the freezing weather and snow! UGH....it's supposed to warm up each day this week with 50's by Friday. YAYYY!

Beth-I recall doing the full X10 w/o and my shoulders were so sore afterwards! Great job!! Your book sounds like a great read. I've picked up a couple outfits for my granddaughters, but that's it so far. We draw names on DH's side of the family...except that my SIL insists on buying her mom Christmas gifts every year regardless of who drew her name. It makes me angry. Who am I to say she can't buy her mom a Christmas gift. I just feel it overshadows the gift by the person that drew her name, especially if it was one of the kids. We bought tires for DS1 and DS2. I hope we can get a new bed for DS3. He is sleeping in a youth twin bed....he's 6'3 and 325lbs. We also do a gift exchange on my side of the family, super simple!

LL-yep, I'm in CO and we got more snow. As far as your w/o's go, you can't go as hard as possible everyday because that will lead to over-training and injury. You need a variety of intensity in your exercise programs, which Cathe delivers! I would suggest following the RWH 2 month rotation as is. Cathe builds in rest days to prevent over-training and injury. Oh, and lets not forget Cathe is in her 50's and we all slow down as we age. I'm in the same boat, and it's okay.

Tina-I'm so jealous of your weather! Nice job getting through meso 2. You are a bit ahead of me. I definitely want to retire in a warmer climate, ala San Diego. It's so expensive so I know we couldn't live in San Diego proper. We'll see when the time comes. I don't want to move away while my MIL is still with us. Also, I have a brother, sister, and many nieces and nephews close by. It would be hard to leave them. North Carolina sounds wonderful to me! I want to try the metabolic w/o first!

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.