Damage Control July!!!

Hi all,

Tina, 27 miles recovery? Yikes! You are awesome.

Diana, I think you're smart not doing Insanity two days in a row. It's all about balance and not getting hurt-am I right?!

LL, hope you are having a fabulous summer with the boys. Nice to be off "work" and get recharged.

Tuesday I did the ICE Chiseled upper body. It was 41 minutes and not very heavy weights. It felt kind of easy, but Wed. I was surprisingly sore-must be it worked some different muscles. Wed. I took a day off. So, I'm not following the rotation exactly, but am in the spirit of it. Today is to be Metabolic Total body from ICE. I feel like I'll be able to give it my all after a rest day. Tomorrow and Sunday are scheduled rest days but I'll probably do a low impact Friday and then decide Sunday when I get there depending on how tired I am after working. I really like this rotation, in general. The workouts aren't super long and don't leave me exhausted. I am maintaining my weight and feeling good.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

It's been quiet here the last 2 days without the girls. They spent yesterday and night with MIL and today with my SIL. I expect them to be home anytime.

I'm not going to do Insanity until I'm back from vacation. I don't want to injure my knee, and I'm looking forward to giving running a try. It won't be so hot in the mountains. Today I did BR Day 2, and GS BSB. Tomorrow should be GS legs, but I'll probably do CLB or HCLB, some kind of cardio/leg circuit. I need a bit of cardio each day to get my blood moving...darn hypothyroid! I also will be taking my granddaughter to the dr. to check on her broken finger. I'm hopeful the brace will be removed and she will be able to swim and play in the hot tub next week.

Beth-glad you are enjoying your rotation! Enjoying the workouts and not being exhausted is a plus.

Waving Hi to Tina and LL.

bbl

Hi all! Just wanted to come in and say hi! Sorry I've missed you all this month!! I can't believe I didn't think to look for the July thread until today!!

I will have to do some back reading and try to reply.

Today is the first day all 6 of us are back "together". I'm at the pool with Little K and B while Hubby and CDawg are on the baseball field right next to the pool and JTrain is so tired from his missions trip that he stayed home.

I will attempt to attach a picture of my workouts for the month. I've been mostly following the July rotation. After finishing May's rotation and a week break. The green cardio one are Boot Camp classes, I have not been to many this month!

In a week I'll be heading down to NC with Little K and possibly B.

Diet has been not bad all thinks considered. I've been holding steady and dropping a little then up then steady then dropping a little.

Hi to all! I will read up and bbl.

6f12c56532359c0e27520908e66de1fa.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

We are on vacation this week, and it feels so nice. I went for my first run post-injury (back in November). I only ran 40 minutes but it is so nice to be running again. My running endurance is pretty low right now. I don't care, I was able to run and that makes me happy. I probably won't run tomorrow but will shoot for every other day while we are here. Unfortunately, I didn't realize my flex was dead so none of my steps counted..GGGRRR. I was having trouble syncing my polar with my phone. Per the instructions, I unpaired....but can't get them to re-pair. Ugh. Oh well, it is still syncing with the web site.

DH has gout and I don't feel comfortable driving his truck over the mountain pass. Instead, I drove my Rogue and DH1 will be bringing the bikes up tomorrow. His gout is a bit better today.

The girls love it here. We've to the park several times already and they love sitting in the hot tub. They make sure I get my 10K steps! We'll be heading to the park everyday.

LL-Your w/o calendar looks great!!! Keep up the good work! The summer is flying by.

Hi Tina & Beth

Hi ladies,

Busy couple of days for me-10 hour work days and got in a few shorter workouts. Friday was CCC and Saturday was RWH LIHI legs. Sunday was a rest day and cards for fun. This is my last week of the ICE/RWH rotation. I've been following it pretty well for me! Today is LIHI BSB. My legs are still sore from Sat. so upper body sounds good! DS1 and I have been having cooking time together Monday nights. The last few weeks have been breakfast foods-his favorites. Tonight is spaghetti, sauce, and broccoli. It's been a nice way to spend some time with him. He's very much an introvert and likes to keep to himself so I'm always looking for ways to do stuff with him. Having a weekly appointment seems to work for him. Not much else going on in my world! But having fairly normal days is fine with me-the less drama the better.

Diana, vacation sounds great. You are beating the heat being up in the mountains. What a nice way to spend time with your family! Glad the run went well, too. I'm still babying my right hip/quad and stretching a lot.

LL, it sounds like summer is as busy as the school year! Your workouts look great. Glad you're making some time for yourself!

Hi, Tina.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I got in another run this morning. I'm only running about 40 minutes and honestly, that's about all I can manage right now. DS1 and his girlfriend and her daughter arrived this morning and surprised the girls. They brought our bikes up too!!! They are all out right now so it's nice and quiet here. DH is reading and I'm checking in with you all.

While we were at the park yesterday, I had the girls come up with a list of exercises we could do at the park. I figured I'd set the timer to 30 or 40 second work/10 sec rest intervals. Here's their list: cartwheels, handstands, pushups, jumping jacks, squats, toe raises, toe taps, and burpees! Hopefully tonight when it cools off we can give it a try!

Beth-I think it's great that you and DH are cooking together. My DH is a homebody too and we don't go out together much. Thankfully he does enjoy cooking and does most of it. I'm having to stretch a lot too. Getting my body/muscles accustomed to running will take a while. Foam rolling is in my future. I brought up CCC and KPC too, the girls will be able to do these with me.

Hi LL and Tina!

This week is XT for weights and cycling. We managed 100 miles over the weekend and I'll meet DH out tonight for a short ride. My ankle is feeling pretty good this week, so I'm going to try ICE CLB this morning. We're hiking Mt. Washington next week, so I'm going to keep away from anything high impact until after our climb. I didn't get the job I applied for, so back to square one. This summer is just wizzing by!

Diana, your vacation sounds so relaxing! Bummer about the gout, that is so painful! DH had it once and you'd think he was giving birth with all the moaning. :) You might be raising those girls to be fierce workout instructors. Sounds like a great workout for adults too! :)

Beth, you're workout rotation sounds great! Love the idea of putting broccoli in spaghetti sauce. I'll have to try it. I just received a text reminding me of book club this week and I haven't even opened the cover yet. :( Do you have a vacation coming up soon?

LL, your workout page looks great! We've missed you! :)

We are on our way back from Hershey Park! We did rides and water park. It was in the mid 90s so the water park hit the spot! So my wo was over 18,000 steps! I wish I could say I was getting in 20,000 but I doubt it.

Tomorrow will be X10 Low Impact. I will need that after today!!

Tina-Wow! 100 miles!! Sorry about the job. Hopefully you will find something soon that works!

Diana-run for 40 min!! That's great! I'm done a walk after about 20! That sounds like a tough work out that the girls came up with! And it sounds like my Boot Camp classes!

Beth- how have you liked the ICE/RWH rotation? Results? I love RWH and ICE is growing on me! Yes sometimes it feels busier. But the kids have finished all their camps except for one.

Ok I'm falling asleep in the car! Good thing I'm not driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did another 40 min run...mostly run/walk. My hamstrings are very sore and tight. I've been stretching after running but it's those running muscles coming alive again. Today the girls rode their bikes and I ran to the park, then we did the workout from the post earlier. We did 3 rounds of 30/10 then finished with a run and then playing at the park.

We will be heading home tomorrow. We could stay until Friday but have to be out by 10am. I hate rushing in the morning. I'd rather take my time, enjoy my coffee, then go for a run in the morning. I'm going to help the girls pack tonight.

LL-your day sounds wonderful. It's so nice up here in the mountains and out of the heat. We might hit 100 degrees back home this weekend. I hate the heat.

Tina-sorry about the job. Hope you find something you like soon.

Waving Hi to Beth!

Hi all,

Today was RWH LIHI CST. Work has turned into 9.5-10 hour days. I just can not get everything done the way I like it in 8 hours. DH and I did get out for a walk after dinner which was nice. I'm reading The Invention of Wings for book club. Do you know it? Tomorrow is a Plyo HiiT and Friday is TTM. After that I plugged in another rotation-Cathe's Sept. 2015. It's a good mix of workouts I own plus a bike ride every week. I'm hoping to sub an outdoor ride for the ones in the rotation.

Too bad about the job, Tina. Hopefully a better fit will open up for you. Glad the biking is going strong. I've been thinking about starting STS in Oct. I need to get better with push ups before we start! It seems like today they were tough since I haven't done them for a while. Do you all like working each body part only once a week? So many body parts...so little time.

Diana, I'm so glad you're all having such a good time! That routine the girls made up was awesome. You are such a great role model to them and they seem to really enjoy working out!

LL, I have many fond memories of Hershey Park. The Super Duper Looper! Back when I lived in Lancaster my friends and I would go up for the day when we were in middle school. It felt pretty safe to us. I wonder if kids still do that? No doubt you got a lot of steps that day! Sounds like you're having a fun summer.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

We are back from vacation. Yesterday I did Xtrain CLB and today was BR Day 3 and Xtrain CSB. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

brb

Hi all,

I finished the rotation Thursday with LIHI CST and took Friday as a rest day. Sat. started the new rotation with Tabatacise. Whew! I must have lost some conditioning lately cause it was tough and I had to pause a couple of times. Today is Hard Strikes and tomorrow is biking.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.