Damage Control July!!!

Beth-B-Fit

Cathlete
Hi all,

Thought I'd get us off to a check in this month. Not much new here. Friday was my rest day and today I'm doing ME-upper body only premix. My lower body is sore (in a good way) so I'm giving it another day of rest. What's everyone up to this weekend? Is anyone here getting the Fit Tower and/or DVDs?

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Wow, it's already July! I'm glad to have whole30 behind me. I've learned to incorporate vegetables and protein into all my meals. I also don't need to eat chocolate every day and will try to keep that to once or twice a week treat. The girls and I did make brownies yesterday and I had one for dessert last night. I'm looking forward to enjoying more fruit too. The cherries and mangos have been delicious!

I can't recall all my w/o's this past week except for PUB/PLB and Flex Train. I also did a BR w/o or two. I'm starting on week 3 of the May rotation. No workout today though. DS and I took the girls shopping and to the carnival. I'm beat from walking around all day. Just typing that out makes me feel old.

I've been looking at laptops to replace my old one. This morning, DS3's laptop died. I may be getting one sooner than I thought...and he can have my old one.

Beth-I probably will not get the fit tower or dvd's. I already have the power tower (or whatever is called), that is used in STS. Are you planning on getting it?

LL-how is B's recovery coming along? I think your rotation looks great.

Tina-do you have big plans for the weekend?

bbl

Hi Ladies,

Looks like everyone is busy this weekend. Hope you are all enjoying the holiday weekend! Yesterday I did X10-started out doing X77-but when I got to the final segment I was just too beat to go on. It was 67 minutes instead of 77. This morning I did BR Day 18-50 min tough w/o...and felt a little pukey...it's a tough w/o. Then I did Xtrain CSB as per the May rotation.

BBL to see if anyone pops in.

Hi all,

How is summer going? DS2 passed his math course!!!!!! What a relief. I gave up the last rotation I tried already...I know, but it was very lower body intense and I just couldn't do it. I ended up putting a rotation in my workout manager calendar-one Cathe made up of RWH and ICE for 30 days. So far I've done 2 days-Plyo I and LIHI Legs. I did add abs to both days. Tomorrow is ICE low intensity sweat. I'll just do whatever I feel up to. I haven't used RWH much so this is a good way to get to know that series more. My eating is fine. I'm back up the two pounds, but don't really care. I know now that it would take a month of (mostly) pure clean eating to lose two pounds. I can live with the two pounds!

Diana, you are really getting in some long workouts! Glad you have the energy. How is it going with the girls? Did they start camp? You must be having a wonderful time.

Hi LL and Tina!

Hi Ladies,

Sad to say, but no workout to report for today. I was in meetings most of the day and took the girls to the park during my lunch hour. I've had to move my work pc/desk area to basement while the girls are here. I leave the basement door open so I can at least hear them. Well they were bickering with each other all morning. Instead of trying to do my workout at lunch, I opted to take them to the park so they could ride their bikes and play. It was a good call too. They just so happened to put their swimsuit tops on with their shorts, and when we got to the park...the sprinklers were on. I let them run through the water, ride bikes and play at the park for about 40 minutes. They had a blast!

Tomorrow the girls start camp and they are so looking forward to it. That also means that I should be able to fit in a workout or 2 tomorrow!

DS1 and I took the girls to a local park where they had bouncy castles, face painting, pony rides....and Fire Works last night. We had a great time and I got in 17K steps!

Beth-It sounds like you've come up with a perfect rotation for you. I'm still plugging along with the May rotation and BR. Not sure what I will do when this is done. My weight is up a tad too...from making/eating desserts. I stopped making desserts years ago, but the girls wanted some treats. We've had brownies, and then no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. I need to limit my almond butter intake. I don't eat it as much as I did the sunbutter, but it's just too easy to eat more than 2tbsp. It's just an easy snack for me.

Hi LL and Tina

Hi Ladies,

I'm back on track today. I did Lower Body Blast before work and Xtrain Bi's, Tri's and core #1 at lunch. The girls are at camp today so I'm getting a lot done!

What's everyone else up to?

bbl

Beth, thanks for starting a new thread. :) We finally finished the bathroom and we're so happy with it. The new closet is my favorite part. I just need to buy new hampers and some baskets for the shelves and it will be fully completed. I'll try to get a photo. I wish I took before pics. Picture an 80's style oak vanity with those movie star style light fixture across the top. Cycling is going great. I've lost weight since I started the new job, so climbing big hills on the bike has become much easier. Our century ride is on the 16th. I'm getting nervous about how well my neck is going to do towards the end of that ride. This week we did XT BS on Monday and Wednesday. I'm going to try ICE CLB this morning, but my ankle is still giving me problems. I'll stop if it becomes too uncomfortable. Climbing Mt. Washington in August might not happen this year. :(

Diana, you're a fantastic GM!! They are so lucky to have you! You must be so happy to have them so close to you this summer. I hope you find a good deal on a new lap top. Speaking of things dying, our water heater just quit. At least a lap top is a fun item to purchase. I've done X77 just once, and I don't think I'll ever try it again. Talk about tough! I really want to buy the fit tower, but the budget will prevent that from happening this year. Will you try to buy the workouts if she offers them separately?

Beth, fantastic news on your DS passing his class! :) I like the sounds of your rotation. ICE and RWH sound like a perfect combination.

LL, how is your DH doing? Is he 100% again? How is your BC class going?

Off to get my workout out of the way. BBL to check in. :)

Hi all,

Feeling really good on this rotation. It's been 4 whole days already! Yesterday was Low Impact Sweat-added the BB in and today was LIHIBSB.

Tina, so glad you like your new bathroom! DH and I toss around home improvement projects now that DS1 has graduated. I don't even know where to start, though! Take it easy on your ankle...I've been reading about working out after age 50 and read that your muscles might need more time to recover. Also, they recommended two total body days like Monday and Thursday. Something to think about. They may be targetting beginners? We've had to replace our water heater two times since we've lived here. We did order a new bed a couple days ago from Temper Pedic. It's been 20 years.

Diana, you are really going to town with double workouts lately! Love reading about all the weight training you do! Have you and the girls been out on the bikes? How is your job going lately? Still in meetings a lot? Do you get to go back to England?

LL, are you swimming? Have you finished cleaning?

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday and today I strayed from the rotation. Yesterday I did TTM Extreme...whew that sure is a goodie! The rotation called for Great Glutes, but I did X-T CLB. I really liking getting some form of cardio in especially on days I will be sitting a lot. there's only 1 week left on this rotation. When I get back from vacation I'm considering starting another round of STS. Tina...are you in???

gotta run....bbl

Hi all!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I worked like mad the last 6 days, but am off now for 8. Of course they did call last night at 11 to see if I wanted to go in today. So many shifts available. Anyway. I've been sticking to the rotation. Sat. was LIHI CST-added abs 2 to it. Sunday was rest day. Today calls for LIS-just did it last week and it's on tap for Wed. as well. I'm off so I'm subbing LIS CSS with step. It's not as high a met value, but longer so I think it'll balance out. Later today we're off to the Fingerlakes to pick up our June wine shipment and then have dinner out at a new place up there that specializes in tapas/small plates. We've got some other fun things planned for this week off-biking on the rails to trails, going see DS 2 and his puppy, blueberry picking, and I've got 3 books to read! Book club is next week so I've got to get cracking.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Lets see, Friday-Xtrain CLB, Saturday was T-25 Speed 1.0 and Upper Focus (the girls love doing T-25), Sunday was BR Day 8, and yesterday was BR Day 1 and GS C&T. I'm opting out of week 4 of the May rotation. I've decided to do GS and cardio of choice for the next 2 weeks before vacation. After vacation I think I'll do another round of STS. Is anyone interested in joining me...Tina....Tina?

The girls keep me busy. Sunday we saw The Secret Life of Pets. It was cute. We walk almost every night so I can get my 10K steps and the girls can ride their bikes or walk. I did run a tad with the girls and my knee felt fine. Hopefully I can run a bit on a vacation. My normal vacation w/o's are T-25, Insanity, KPC, CCC....basically any non equipment w/o will do.

I'm stepping away from the scale for a few days. I made some carb heavy meals over the weekend and it shows. The girls don't eat much protein, and prefer carbs...yuck. I haven't cooked dinner every night for several years. With just DH and I, we mostly just fend for ourselves. I'm ready to eat at 6pm and will have a protein and veggie. DH will make a pbj or soup between 8-9pm. My grocery bill is way up now too.

Beth-wow you have such a busy work schedule. Glad to hear you are getting some well deserved time off. Sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff planned this week. Glad the new rotation is working out well for you.

Waving Hi to LL and Tina!

bbl

Hi all,

Diana, so glad to hear your knee is feeling better! Is sounds like you're having a blast with the gds. I've been eyeing Insanity Max 30 on Ebay. Maybe I'll try to sell my Insanity and buy that set.

I'm planning on doing another round of STS this winter. Are you going to 1 rep test again before you start? Last time I did that and it felt like all my weights for Meso 1 were too heavy so I don't know if I'll do it that way or just guesstimate and keep it on the lighter side. I'll probably only do Meso 1 and 2. I just don't have the equipment for Meso 3. I'm off now to do RWH Lower Body HiiT Circuit the extreme premix for an hour. It's so nice being off work and working out as long as I want to! Read this AM, got my hair trimmed, and got all my wash on the line.

Beth

BodyRock Day 24 is done! I do have legs on tap too but it may not happen today...too many meetings.

Beth
-No, I don't plan on doing 1rep max test again. I just use my STS log (paper) from the last time I did it and start with those weights and adjust up or down as necessary. Meso 3 is my least favorite just because it is so difficult to get the bar on and off the tower for C&B. I figure it's only 4 w/o's so I deal with it. I wish I had Squat Rack with a bench and an extra barbell. I'm so jealous, I wish I had a clothes line. I had DH put up a huge clothes line for me in our old house. I really miss it. I love the smell of my sheets and towels when they are dried on the line. Enjoy your w/o!!!

We had a rainy weekend, so we didn't get any cycling in. We did GS on Sat, Sun, and Mon. Tuesday was a 40 mile ride and last night was MM upper body premix. I'm going to do the floor work from GS legs this morning and hopefully cycling tonight if the thunderstorms hold off. This morning I have a job interview with another horse farm. She only has four horses right now, but is hoping to have three more come in soon. The current barn I'm in has some questionable practices going on with labor laws. Crossing my fingers that this new job comes through. It's right down the road from my FIL, so I could pop in and visit him often. This Saturday is our century ride and it's going to be in the 90's. I hope I don't melt.

Beth, just last night DH and I we're deciding when we would do our next round of STS. The beginning of October is what we landed on. What kind of dog did your DS adopt? Your mention of books has reminded me that I'm way behind on my book club read. We've been watching the tour every night, so I may not get this months book in.

Diana, great new on your knee!! :) I keep thinking my ankle is better, and then a day later it's right back to cracking and swelling. I haven't done any high impact for six weeks and I really miss it! We used to have a clothes line, and I loved it! My dogs would pull it down if we had one now, plus I just don't have that kind of time any longer. The laundry situation right now is code red. I'm excited when I can find two socks that match out of the basket. I wish I could join you on this next round of STS, but DH thinks it will slow us down on the bikes this season. Will you do another round this fall?

LL, what have you been up to? I hope all is well with you and the family. :)

I saw the thread about the Tower being ready for presale and that the Cathe coupon was working. The first thing I said to DH this morning was "I did a bad thing last night". He's as excited about it as I am. After I applied the coupon it came to 179.99. :)

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi Ladies,

I did a BR w/o this morning and walked around the park at lunch while the girls played. I may be going to a "wine and wellness" arbonne party tonight. It's just down the street from me so why not. Perhaps I can catch some pokemon on the way!!!

Tina-good luck with the new job. Nice that would be able to pop in on your FIL too. I'm sure I'd be ready for another round of STS in October! Laundry...the never ending task. I'm not ordering the tower since I already have the original. It'll be nice for you though so you won't have to share with your DH. Start hydrating and carb loading today for your weekend century ride! Most of all, have fun!

Waving hi to LL and Beth!

bbl

Hi all,

Thursday we went to see DS2. He's doing well. Tina, his puppy is a mix between a Shiba Inu and a Mountain Cur with some German Shepherd in there, too. She's very excitable and likes to go for a lot of walks. We're hoping our kitty will be ok if/when the puppy comes to visit. DS2's favorite store now is Petco. It's touching to see him have full responsibility and to care for the puppy. Hope you're enjoying your century ride this weekend! When do you hear about the job?

I'm not ordering the tower or the dvds. I had the 1st tower, but am convinced it contributed to my shoulder issues-particularly when I tried to do the various pull up variations. I'm happy using the red band that connects to the door. I think Oct. sounds like a plan for us to do STS! I'm still doing the ICE/RWH rotation and feeling good. Yesterday was supposed to be PH2, but I did Hard Strikes. It was the first time I got through the 6 round of push-ups/sit-ups at the end without stopping! Today is Bootcamp from ICE.

LL, are you traveling? I remember you having plans to go to NC. Hope you are enjoying your summer!

Diana, I'm prepping for another round of whole30 to start in Aug. We're going on vacation in Sept. Where are you going this month? Your workouts are going fantastic! Have a great weekend!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Friday I did a BR w/o...almost done with the 30 day rotation. Today Rallie Mae worked out with me and we did GS BSB and Tabatacise 1-5 and core! She used 3's and 5's and rocked the w/o. She really liked the bicep work!

The rest of the day is chores. Mowing the lawn is up next then re-potting some house plants and getting my fountain going. I also need to gather some stuff to drop at a donation site.

Beth-The band option is no joke! Good for you! Awesome job completing the pushup section!!! My pushup endurance really improves with STS, but I doubt I will ever enjoy doing them. We are going to our Condo in the mountains for vacation. My niece is bringing back my Insanity DVD's so I may give those a try while I'm on vacation. I was looking at doing the Fresh Start 21 day program after the girls go home. My weight is up a bit more than I like and I attribute it to eating too much junk. I do good for a few days then eat junk and the cycle continues. It's easier for me when they are at camp. I will have them for 3 days next week. They do like to workout with me though and that is nice.

Tina-happy pedaling.....go...go...go!

LL-hope you are having a fun summer...check in when you can.

bbl

Hi Ladies,

It's a relaxing Sunday for me. I did GS Legs and Imax 3 today! Rallie Mae did the leg w/o with me and then did the elliptical while I did Imax 3. Rylee joined us for a bit too.

We are going to SIL's for dinner tonight and I made an ice cream dessert to take. Have any of you tried Skyr? It's a type of yogurt. I'm going to give it a try. I normally put Fage 0% in my protein shake.

bbl to see what everyone is up to.

Our century ride was fantastic!! We met so many nice people and saw areas of Maine I'd never been through. The support team was really friendly. We will be doing this charity ride next year for sure. DH finished with an overall speed of 17.5 mph and I finished with an overall of 16.5. We just happened to catch up to each other at the last rest stop and had a total of 102 miles at the end. We did a 27 mile recovery ride this morning and then did the STS extended stretch. I'm surprisingly not sore but I'm really tired. The temperature was over 90 degrees for most of Saturday's ride. I'm taking tomorrow off from working out, as I have to work all day and then will be doing some baking for a homeless shelter in the evening. This week we'll be doing LIHI for weights.

Diana, speaking of yogurt, have you tried Noosa brand yet? It's expensive and loaded with fat, but it's so good. I buy it for a treat when it goes on sale. They had strawberry rhubarb flavor on sale this week, so yummy! My daughter just bought a bunch of Shawn T workouts, I'm not sure which ones. She's loving them and is going to bring them over so we can workout together. That's so cute your GD's are joining you! :)

Beth, the new puppy sounds adorable! We took our dog to the beach for the first time this year and he loved it. He swam for over an hour. He is snoring at my feet now and smells disgusting. I'm not sure about the new job yet, she has two more people to interview. She said she'd let me know the end of this week. Those push up/sit ups are so tough! I need to add that workout into rotation soon.

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Insanity PCC-plyometric cardio circuit and GS C&T. My knee didn't bother during the workout, but later in the day it was a bit tender and sore. I opted to do BR day 30 this morning instead of the next Insanity w/o. My knee is still a little sore, but not too bad. I just don't want to push it and end up on crutches again. I'm probably babying it more than necessary, but I want to try running on my vacation. It will be so much cooler in the mountains. Rallie Mae went to work with her dad, but Rylee stayed with me. We went to the park for 30 minutes at lunch. That's about all we can take in this heat. We'll probably go again when everyone gets home from work.

Tomorrow I have an ortho apt in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to fit in a w/o at lunch.

Tina-Wow, way to go girl!!! I can't believe you aren't sore. Really....a 27 mile recovery ride...you amaze me!!!! I have not tried Noosa yogurt. I only use plain yogurt to put in my protein shakes. I don't really like yogurt. I hope the new job comes through for you.

Waving hi to LL and Beth.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.