Damage Control July Month :)

Good Morning:)

I was the last one here last night so there isn't much to report. Slept pretty good last night until 4:30 when my bed was invaded! Anyway....

Today's workout is gonna be cardio and chest and tris. After lunch I am taking the kids the splash pad and play ground with DD...I don't think I could manage all four kids in public..lol..only b/c of the baby. And DS has soccer at 5 so this day should fly by pretty quickly.

I booked my ticket last night to see DH. I leave on the 3rd of aug and return on the 7th. I'm looking forward to it now that I have it booked.

Bbl!
Lori:)

Good Morning.

Happy 4th to those who celebrate! :)

Today's plan is the gym for cardio/abs with DH. I'd love to get in some yoga but IDK if time will allow. I will have to play that by ear...

Lori:: I could have written your post about your exercise plan getting interfered with. I tend to be the same exact way! Happy to hear you got your flight booked to go visit DH. Now the count down begins!:D

BBL or tmrw ladies!:cool:

Gah! No gym today! DH wasn't motivated to go and I wasn't motivated enough to go with out him :eek: so I ended up staying home and doing CrossFire Circuit Blast Premix. Again I hemmed and hawed forever before making a decision :rolleyes: but atleast I got it done! I SHOULD be doing yoga now but we are supposed to be going swimming today so I probably shouldn't waste anymore time! :eek:

That's all for now...BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Happy Independence Day!!! I did a brick this morning with my training partner. We met a couple other gals that my partner new at a park downtown and we rode 11.4 miles and ran 2.7 miles. I've been starving all day since then. We finally just had dinner, grilled ribeye's and steamed broccoli and I finally feel satisfied!

OMG, I borrowed a wetsuit for my swim clinic tomorrow....and I can't get it on. I told DH I may need his help and he laughed. I know it's amusing, but I really need (I think anyway). I've just finished watching a couple videos on how to put on a wetsuit....gonna give it another try.

I'm thinking of giving To the Max a try tomorrow morning. I have a 1/4 mile swim and 5k run tomorrow night. Still pretty nervous about the swimming. I'm hoping the 2 open water swim/swim clinics will calm my nerves for the triathlon.

Wendy-I know we were supposed to our BR w/o today, but perhaps we can do it this weekend. It's a holiday, no worries about missing a w/o. I think I have that WW cookbook, haven't used it in a while though.

Lori-I saw the pics of the boys in your bed, how precious! I'm glad you got your flight booked...hopefully this month will fly by. Keeping the kids busy is always a chore, have fun at the water park.

Laura-hopefully you and DH have made up. Happy Birthday to DN, I'm sure he's having a great time hanging with his family at the pool!

bbitam!

A little tired again this morning and there's no quiet time in this house. The baby and I woke up the same time and now DS is awake too. Thought I'd enjoy my coffee and little bit of alone time....:confused:

Yesterday's workout was 30mins on the tm,4 DSBC and GS C&T. I think I am feeling it today but its to early to tell....im still to stun :p.The only thing I didn't get to do yet this week is the punching combos along with UB weights but I can do that tomorrow maybe. Today is another busy day b/c DS has soccer at 11 and behavior at 1:30 which means we will probably be sticking around here all afternoon. Not that it matters! We went to the park yesterday and the girls barely did anything. I don't know why they asked a million and one times when we were leaving, when we got there all they did was watch or sit down:mad: . And the youngest loves to eat...everything as to have a snack involved. When we first got there she looked at the kids playing, came back and sat down and asked if she could have something to eat. Not b/c she was hungry but b/c she knew there was snacks with us. DS had enough fun for all of them.

Wendy** Is Joey enjoying the summer? Do you have him signed up for any activities? This is Rylans first year. I also thought about putting him in swimming lessons but it's at 9 and I have to get in the pool with him. I can't rely on my inlaws to be here every morning to watch the baby and DD would never be ab,e to wake up that early. I'm hoping the next session is later in the day and maybe not every day.

Diana** I'm guessing putting on one of those suits would be a chore for anyone! I have a hard enough time getting some of my lulu on sometimes,esp over these boobs;). I've come to like them. Maybe this is the size I will get when I buy myself a set:eek:

I will bbl. I'm not sure if I am going to workout soon or not. When I did that on tues I couldn't stop sweating but then he has behavior at 1:30 so my day is kind of screwed up. I could wait until later this afternoon to workout.....but then it might not get done.

THURS that is like a MON

Morning Ladies -

We had an EXCELLENT 4th - DN had an awesome b-day - sun :cool: - HEAT - and the pool was fine!! DH cooked some ribs and drunk chickens on the smoker - I made coleslaw and baked beans - my aunt brought deviled eggs - we had chips and dips - and an ice cream b-day cake! DN had a blast - he got lots of cool gifts and seemed to love all of them! DH was being nice ... it was a great day! DN, DB, and DH all went deep sea fishing today - hope it is a great day for them - and they catch a lot! Think me and SIL and BFF are going to take advantage of husbands being gone and go for some margaritas at the MX place tonight :eek: :D

Me and SIL did TTM before all the festivities :eek::eek::eek: holy crapola!! :eek::eek: that is the hardest fun DVD I have done ... :p.. it was TUFF .. I dont have as many DOMS as I was expecting to have .. some in the butt (as usual) mainly in the back, sides, and abs

DI - I didnt know WTH "a brick" was .. I am taking it has something to do with how your bike ride was?????? LOL re: wetsuit - do you have any "skins" for underneath .. it usually goes on better with skins .. if not then dunk the wetsuit in the water before putting it on .. if it dont go on then .. then it is too small. It should be tight but not REAL tight- b/c it works by water coming into it - your body heats up that water and the wetsuit keeps that heated water in and circulating ...

WEndy - that food sounds amazing .. and stuffed pizza was on the WW recipe book? wow ... that sounded awesome and kinda fattening .. LOL.. I am gonna have to try those recipes!!

Lori - congrats on booking the flight - let the countdown begin!! I know you cant wait!!

Ok .. better run .. it is another insane day at the asylum! have a great one! work out for me .. b/c I am being BAAAD today!!

Hi Ladies,

Got my butt kicked by TTM this morning. Holy Crapola is right, much tougher for me than CF. I was thankful for the few extra seconds of breaks I got getting my stuff ready. Now that I've done it once, I'll need to shorten those extra breaks.

Laura-A "brick" is when you do two segments of the tri back to back. Such as bike/run, swim/run...etc. I do not have any "skins" and this is a borrowed wetsuit. I did finally get it on but it felt like it was choking me. I found some resolutions for that, but think I may stick to my trisuit for tonight and try out the wetsuit in a pool before using it for an open water swim. Hopefully that water isn't too cold! Glad to hear you were able to enjoy your Holiday and DN had a wonderful birthday.

Lori-funny, the only time I ever had boobs was when I was preggo or nursing too....now nothing...UGH.

Wendy-what are you up to today???

bbl

Hey. Just a fly-by for now...

I went to the gym this morning and did a mixed 35 minute TM work out including w/u and c/d then I came home for a 43 minute yoga premix from the Kundalini Cardio, Stretch and Strengthen DVD.

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Last edited:
Ok now I have a little time to catch up on personals...

Diana:: No worries about that BR coz I did it on Tuesday! ;) The story about the wet suit had me LOL'ing. I remember when Jen had to wear one for her Tri and she also said it was quite the chore to put it on.

Laura:: The stuffed crust pizza has 8 grams of fat per slice and is 4 points which really isn't bad for dinner when you think about it. Glad DN's Birthday party went well. My DS has 2 B'day parties to go to in a week. One this Sunday and one next Saturday. I'm getting tired just thinking about it!:confused:

Lori:: OMG, Joey has done that to me where he begged me to go to the park or something and then wasn't into it when we got there. Irritating!:eek: Joey isn't officially signed up for anything except for his 2 days of summer camp per week. I was going to continue with the Karate but DH suggested he take a break from that until the fall in order to take swimming lessons but now they are on hold b/c he is doing so well on own! I am managing to keep him fairly busy though between the park, Chuck E. Cheese, the library, bowling, swimming on our own and playing with his friends across the street so it's all good.

Good Morning Gals,

You know coffee is much more enjoyable when you have peace and quiet:p

I did a small workout yesterday morning before soccer and while I was working out I was thinking that I could go for a run in the evening b/c DS was going to the circus with my sil....so I text my running partner and that's what we did. So I did 30 mins in the morning, plus abs and after dinner I did almost another 40 mins pushing the stroller.

I decided to go to my parents house for the weekend. I am a little on easy about leaving DD home b/c she has to work and can't go. She will be sleeping at my in laws but she can still hang out here when she isn't working. I will just have to set some ground rules and tell the neighbors to keep their eyes peeled. So I have one bag packed, two more to go, need to get my workout in and DS has another appt at 1...it's his last appt with the speech therapist before he goes to school in sept.

Laura** sounds like you had a awesome day and it also sounds like you and DH made up....unless he was cooking with hopes he'd get on your good side;)

Diana** I can't wait to get my new workouts now. Hopefully next week. I've been kind of doing the same thing the past few weeks. I love the GS's and have been trying to do those in the beginning of the week and then another UB workout sometime during the week. Now that I have my baby weight off I will probably ease up on the cardio to squeeze my weight workout in.

Wendy** it's a full time job keeping kids occupied during the day. DS use to be able to keep himself occupied but now he. Eeds someone with him and even when he's not asking and I just watch him playing alone, I feel bad.....go figure. My brother just fixed his pool, he lives next door to my mom so I'm guessing DS will spend sometime out there.

I probably won't be back until tomorrow. I'm planning on doing a circuit workout with running and legs. I will be running when I'm at my parents. I don't have access to anything else out there. My sister did have some weights there but I don't know what happened to them.

Have a good day!
Lori

Hi Ladies,

I participated in the Stroke and Stride last night. It is a race...but I just wanted to finish. It was just shy of a 1/2 mile outdoor swim followed by a 5K. My training partner talked me into it and it was very difficult for me. I've never swam that far and it took forever. Ended up doing the side or breast stroke for most of it as the water was way to choppy for me to freestyle, although that's what most people were doing. I got lapped by those doing the 1500 swim. I would say this was like telling someone to go run 10 miles when they've only ever ran 1 mile. We did wear chip timers so I can look up my time later today, but I'm guessing the swim took me about 30 minutes. I was exhausted by the time the 5k started. Some of the tri forums I've looked at say it takes an average swimmer about 15-20 minutes to complete this distance....my swimming is way below average and I know that.

Wendy-Glad you weren't waiting on me for the BR w/o! Sorry I missed it, hopefully I can make it up soon. Nice w/o at the gym...and followed it up with yoga too...our Ms. Wendy is turning into a yogi!

Lori-hopefully DD will show her responsible side while you are away this weekend. I love the GS series too but have to say it was nice doing STS Meso 1...except for all those pushup! ;)

Laura-It's finally Friday, maybe you will have a better day at work! Hope all is good on the homefront!

Good Morning Ladies.

Today isn't the best of days so far...it's brutally hot outside, TTOM has arrived so I am cranky with cramps and I have a viewing to go to this afternoon by myself which does NOT make me happy. :confused:

Today's work out is going to be CrossFire's warm up and Firewalker Loop Tabata followed by this BR:: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv and last but not least another mix from my Kundalini Bliss Hips DVD. Hopefully I'll be in better spirits when I am done. :)

I should add that I forgot to mention that I worked high reps on the crunch machine y'day at the gym. I don't want you gals thinking I am slacking! ;) I would have done the other 2 machines as well but they were occupied and I hate waiting. :p

Diana:: You finished the swim. That's what counts and I think it's awesome! :D

Lori:: Thankfully my DS will entertain himself w/o a problem when I need him to but if I leave him alone for too long I feel guilty as well. :( Enjoy the weekend at your parents house! Take advantage of the built in babysitters!;)

BBL!:cool:

FRI

hey -

well today SUCKS ... long story .. but last night was horrible .. we got bad news (nope Buster is ok - this is legal crap) .. and me and DH got into horrible fight .. we dont fight often but when we do it is BAD ... I am working on ZERO SLEEP .. i cried and cried and finally got into bed just before midnight - then HORRIBLE storms started - I have NEVER seen lightning that bad before .. it was so frequent it lit the entire house up constantly .. my dogs were scared .. I was exhausted and scared .. and it lasted until 4 - around 2 the power went off - so I had to set my cell alarm .. and then it got HOT in house .. the power came back on around 5 or so .. NO SLEEP .. ZERO .. at most maybe a few minutes ... my eyes are swollen and red .. :( :mad: :( i am still on verge of tears ... sooooo I am having sucky day!!

Not sure what today will bring - dont really care at this point - just trying to make it till 5

Di - that swim sounds brutal .. is is open water as in a lake .. or ocean or river ? it would be VERY hard for me to swim that THEN run .. yikes .. kudos to you for even finishing!!

Lori - hoping DD behaves while you are gone ...ummmm I remember being a teen tho ... loL!

Wendy -you are getting our temps now .. it is brutal .. and if I didnt have a pool .. prbly would never go outside .. LOL ..

OK .. PRAY that we get good news today .. and things start to go better .. b/c right now .. I have serious doubts!

Hi Girls

I am just sitting here waiting for DD to get off of work...she is coming with me now but had to work today. I am ready to go...just waiting on her.

My workout was most of HR and a 30 mins run. Not the leg workout I had thought I'd do:eek: Oh well....

Diana** No worries about DD now *phew*. She can't get into any trouble when she's with me:D

Wendy** I am with you on the crankiness. I was so irritable earlier. I still haven't had a period since I had DS so it could strike at any time and when I feel like I want to claw someones eyes out, I would like to blame it on something:p Or I could be *itch for many different reasons. But I won't get into that now.

Laura** {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}} Sorry you had a terrible night, that sucks big time!!! We don't fight often either and when we do it could be nasty cause everything that bothered me for the last year might be dug up! LOL Needless to say we don't fight now cause he is many miles away. I am sure over the weekend you will work it out and feel better.

I will bb tomorrow!

What a quiet bunch...where are you fine looking ladies???:p

We made it here safe and sound yestreday evening. DS has been keeped busy because my brother his home (he works away most of the year) and he has been keeping DS very occupied. Both kids were awake at 7 but my mom sent me back to bed and I didn't argue with her...I was so sleepy! I don't think I have slepy passed 8 since DH left.

My mom goes to work at 12:30 so I need to head out for a run soon but I want to enjoy my coffee first. After that I don't know what I will do for the rest of the day. I should enjoy doing nothing!

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

Friday was a rest day for me, still recovering that brutal swim/run. I braved the results and my swim was 27:38, transition 2:56, and 5k was 39:35. My swim is way below the average time....I would like to get to around 20 mins for the swim. The 5k should only take me around 30 mins at a comfortable pace. I was so exhausted from the swim, my legs felt like dead weight the whole run. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'll do it again this Thursday. More open water swim training is what I need. We don't have much open water to swim in here.

Must be the stars or something....DH and I had fight last night. IMO, he tends to blow stupid things out of proportion....whatever. He left and didn't come home until 11pm....now he probably won't speak to me for weeks, so juvenile!:mad: I notice when DS1 is irritated with his ex, he ignores her too. Why wouldn't he, that's how he sees his dad treating me.:mad::mad:

Not sure what my w/o will be today. I'll have to take a look at my tri training schedule and see what's on tap for today. Did you all see Cathe is creating a new 10 disc series called XTRAIN: http://cathe.com/forum/f95/your-next-dvd-289727/index4.html

Lori-how nice that your Mom sent you back to bed! More sleep is good. Enjoy spending time with your folks and not worrying about doing anything.

Laura-hope you've had time to calm down a bit over your legal issues. These things take a few days to digest and determine the best plan of action. I sincerely hope it is nothing serious and can be taken care of in short order. It's always more difficult when emotions are involved.

Wendy-how are you spending the weekend???

bbl

sat

Ladies..had a horrible day ustdy..dh blood pressure spuked on way to work..prbly due to stress..long story short they had to tansport him to er..he almost blacked out driving to work..bp was180/114... lucky he didnt have a stroke...any way..they got it down and sent him home on low dose of bp meds...he is doing ok..and stubbornly and against my opinion went to wrk this afternoon...sigh..

So i am emotionally exhausted..

Di...yes..that behavior drives me nutz..dh acts that way too..MEN...i swear..

Lori...have fun at your parents...

Wendy..u gotta do crossfire in full it is so fun

I did manage to do crossfire today...supposed to b going to bff hse..but honestly..i need some down time to myself..and i am not good company ..

Have a great weekend..

Hate this computer so much. The shift key is smaller then a normal button and the backspace key seems to be located in a different spot so when I try to hit both keys, I end up hitting a different one:mad:

Had a good day yesterday. It was pretty laid back....like it usually is here. I went for my run but instead of doing the normal route, I reversed it....I didn't realize there were more hills by reversing it:p I did almost 13 k and I was wiped after. Might have been the hills, the fact that I didn't eat anything before I went or b/c it was muggy. Anyway, I am hoping to get out for another run before church this morning. I will be happy with 8k or so....then maybe I will do weights this evening when I get home. I need to come up with some kind of rotation or something....although a rotation might be hard to follow with a schedule like mine. Most days I am just happy to get my workout in.

Diana** I said to my friend the other day that I don't know how people do tri's b/c my legs are like jello when I get off of a bike. If I had to bike and then run I probably wouldn't be very good at it. Chances of me signing up for any races this year is slim. The two I would consider doing are around the time I am going to visit DH and there is another tough one in Oct that I've done twice but to be honest....I don't have the desire to do it again. Did you and DH talk after? Maybe Wendy hasn't checked in cause their fighting too!;)

Laura** Well I guess you still love your husband if you sent him to the Dr;) A good run always helps me when I have things on my mind. Im hoping I get my new workouts this week.

I am off again tomorrow. My sil is off so that means I am off. I have been off for the last 3 mondays. I would stay the night but I think DD wants to go home...she probably has some kind of plans.

I will check back in again later...

8k done...wasn't as tough as yesterday's workout but that's just fine with me. Still a lot of hills though.

Good Morning Girls.

I forgot to mention on Friday that we were going to my SIL's friday evening for a bbq and then staying over. I didn't get home til about 8:30 last night. That's why I wasn't around. No work out to report for me but I was due for a rest day anyway. Not sure what's on tap for today yet. Still need to figure that out...

Cathe's new series sounds good. I keep saying that I am going to stop ordering her new stuff since I don't use what I have enough so we will see what happens with this one...:p

Lori:: Ofcourse your DD has plans. C'mon now, she can't see home one night! That would ruin her reputation as a teenager!:D:p;) LOL Your BIL works away from home most of the year? What does he do? How often is he home with his family?

Laura:: OMG, I'm so sorry that happened to DH. Glad it wasn't worse though!!! So did you relent and go hang with BFF or take that "you" time you mentioned? Hope you are feeling better today!!! (((hugs)))

Diana:: I know you aren't happy with your time on the swim/run but you did great simply b/c you got out there and did it! And now you want to do it again? Good for you! If you keep it up your times are sure to come down! :) Sorry about the fight with DH. Hope it gets resolved sooner rather then later. The silent treatment is the worst!:mad:

BBL!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.