Damage Control July Month :)

Hi Ladies,

I never did workout yesterday. Made myself available all day so DH and could talk. Unfortunately he's still ignoring me. I'm far too old to have be dealing with this BS.:mad::mad: I even had to have him open a jar for me this morning, not a word..A$$****.:mad:

Today will be Muscle Max. I had planned on going for a bike ride but we had awful rainstorms/flooding yesterday and more rain is planned for today. The rest of the day will be running errands, grocery shopping, laundry etc.

Lori-Wow, nice runs both days girl! When I run at work, I alternate the route each time I run it. The reason I'm giving tri's a try is because I can't run like I used to, too much foot pain. The runs are usually a 5k or 10k in triathlons and those distances are doable for me. I'm really enjoying biking though and may just stick to duathlons bike/run going forward.

Wendy-hope you had a fun time with your family! My little sister has wonderful family bbq's at her house and it's always a great time! The only reason I want to do the swim/run again is to help get myself more comfortable with it...it is a very tough swim for me. Although my times were very slow, I wasn't one of the 5 or 6 who DNF (did not finish), that made me feel better! I'm hoping to rent a wetsuit for this next one on Thursday. I think the one I borrowed is just too small.

Laura-I can only imagine what you're going through. Hopefully DH is doing much better now. Sometimes we just need a little time to ourselves.

bbl or itam!

sun

Hey ladies...

Well i finally slept last night...and dh bp is level w meds...we r both still stressed out..n tendion still there too..but have to put that aside for now for the big picture..his health...

I am sore in my core from cf..need to get going and do smpthn..i may opt for one of the timesaver premixes..bc it is gorgeous outside..ystdy was cloudy..i want to get poolside and relax..

Di...omg i know what i r going thru w dh being childish @$$..my dh acta just like that..and is is infuriating....hang in there..u may need a ME day too

Lori..yes i took my ME day..it was a much needed break...

Wendy..luv summertime bbqs...

Ok..have a great day...my pool is calling me..gotta run..

Good Morning:)

How is everyone? I'm up to early.....just another reason I should have stayed with my parents for one more night....I would be sleeping right now while my mom watched the baby...ahhhhhhh. Def gonna need two cups of java to kick start this day. Thank goodness it's just me and the boys today. I don't have the girls today. The baby slept through the night again, that's the 2nd night in a row. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come:)

When I went to bed last night the thunder and lightening started. I'm not scared of it but it's nice to have company just in case the power went out but it was lights out for me anyway. I think today is suppose to be nice but so far it's still cloudy.

I'm not sure what my workout will be today. Either GS again or a circuit. I am gonna see what I am in the mood for when it's time to start. I might actually pull out some of the new workouts I bought recently.

Wendy** sounds like you had a nice weekend with your family! My parents live about 75 mins away, I know that's not to far but it's far enough that I feel the need to pack my bag when I go. When the girls grandmother visits this summer I will probably spend even more time at my parents house. My sister will be home in sept but DS also starts school so I can't just pick up and leave in the middle of the week.

Diana** so did you had DH ever talk. I don't normally get the silent treatment....I give it:eek: lol. I've been doing better though. I can't give DD the silent treatment when our voice of reason is gone. She wanted to talk to me about something last night and I know what it was. I told her it was to late. She likes this boy that we feel is to old for her and he is also big of a ticket. I think he is 19 and she is 16. But she says he is a nice guy and that he isn't bad anymore:confused: (and she has been known to lie a time or two). But now I am realizing that b/c I told her to stay away from him he is becoming all the more appealing! Ugh!

Laura** how are you feeling? Are you and DH ok now?

I'm hoping to get my new workouts this week.....that would give me something to look forward to. Maybe I will get them on Friday and it will brighten up my weekend!

Bbl!
Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

I have a busy workday ahead of me. Doing more training this morning and Thursday morning. Although I'm dressed to w/o, I'm really pressed for time and will just skip it this morning....knowing that I have bootcamp tonight. Wish I would've had a BR in mind for today. Tomorrow morning I am swimming in an outdoor pool. It was really nice last week.

I'm hoping to rent a wetsuit for my open water swim on Thursday and my swim clinic on Saturday. It's unfortunate that my clinic is after my swim. It would be nice to practice what I learn in the clinic. We leave in a week and half for vacation so I will be missing a whole week of tri training.

DH is still not talking to me. This is one reason we so many unresolved issues. He ignores me and we never discuss the issues. It's stupid and juvenile IMO. :mad:

Lori-The ab workout is TTM is awesome. I really that Cathe has been adding weighted ab work in her newer workouts. We've had rain the last 3 days and it has really cooled off our temps. We will be back at 96 by Thursday-yuck.

Laura-How is DH doing? Were you able to get a workout in???

MON

Morning ladies ..

I just re-read my post - sorry for the misspelling .. LOL .. that is the DROID posting .. LOL .. sorry! I never got in a workout - I had to cook lunch early - then by the time I cleaned up it was just too pretty out .. so I didnt feel like working out .. I went and chilled by the pool :cool:

DH is supposed to follow up w/his reg doc today .. I HOPE! between the bs legal issue - rental houses - Buster's health - fishing and him being on the go 100% of the time - now this health scare .. I may be the one needing medical and mental help!!! :confused: :(

DI - man I feel your pain - dont you just want to grab him and SHAKE some sense into him!!! ... sometimes letting it go is the best thing to do .. when you reach a stalemate and no words are gonna make it better - that is only way to continue - but then again - there are times depending on the issue .. it can fester and turn into soemthing bigger than it was originally - TRUST me .. been there!!!!!! I had to put our argument and my hurt feelings on back burner for now - but they are still there - and I wont feel right till it is aired out -but I cant for now .... :confused:

Lori - LOL - one thing that is true - if your DD likes this dude and you are adament YOU DONT .. she will like him more .. aaaahhh .. I remember those days .. and I have no advice .. just sending {{{{ hugs }}}}

Wendy - hope you had a great weekend! looks like you are getting a break in your temps too - we are still muggy - and HOT here! ugh

OK - better run - I am not in good mindframe - and my gut is very unsettled - not sure what today will bring - just PRAY for some good news!

have a great one!

Hi Girls.

Don't have a lot of time...taking DS bowling and to the park in a bit...

My work out this morning was TTM-warm up, solid step + step tabata then onto Yoga For The Warrior. I did 50m out of the hour. I skipped the last 2 yoga poses and the ab work but did everything else. Good stuff. :)

Y'day I did Cathe's original Boot Camp from the Intensity series. I went heavy and holy cow! :eek:

Laura:: Oh girl, I'm sorry for all of your stress and troubles as of late. You DEFINITELY need to do more yoga these days!;) Yep, cooled off nicely. Can't wait to get to the park today. :)

Diana:: I hope DH comes around soon. You are right. Can't resolve anything that way! :confused:

Lori:: 75 mins is no short trip! My mom is 30 min away which is ok. My DH's family are all 45 min to an hour from us which is just about too long of a drive. Especially when we are having to go up there every weekend for something for a few weeks in a row like we often do!

Ok, my time's up here but I'll be back later or ITAM!:cool:

Last edited:

My Lord...was I ever contrary yesterday morning. I don't know what was wrong with me. And I was the same way Sunday night. Could have been a few reasons actually. I received the new workouts yesterday...which was fast considering where I live. I'm happy I didn't pay the $25 for faster shipping cause they couldn't of gotten here any quicker. Even getting the workouts didn't put me in a good mood:eek: lol. I did CF though and 20 mins on the TM. It was a good workout. I probably won't do TTM today b/c I want to do some weights.

I got a little tid bit of info last night about DD and this boy....apparently they have been seeing each other. I am going to pretend I don't know. I don't think he's that bad actually it's just that I don't need him introducing her to things. She's a smart girl though. I can only hope. And when sept rolls around he will be gone for school anyway.

Diana** are the girls coming for vaca too? How long will you have them this summer? I tried to find the bonus core work in CF yesterday but the tv I was using was to small and I couldn't see the words...lol. So no ab work yesterday and lord knows I need it!

Laura** I can only imagine what is on your mind right now. You have more to deal with then me:eek: I have a few things on my mind regarding the business DH was involved in and the fact that the building still isn't sold. And it needs to be sold so they can get everythg straightened out. I try not to think about it b/c no one else seems to care.....

Wendy** I know it's not a real long drive but it's long enough that when I go I stay all night. And if I go for one, it's just as well I go for two cause I have to pack to much stuff.

My mom just called....I am going to count how many times she calls today. It is ridiculous actually. Yesterday she called me 3 times between 9-10:45! A.M that is....and again in the evening. I dont know what she thinks might have happened between last night and 8 a.m....ugh....that ticks me off too. She will call when I, working out or putting the baby to sleep and if she doesn't reach me, she will call back again in 10 mins. I told her yesterday that she woke the baby up, even though it wasn't true. I just wanted to let her know that she doesn't need to call here 20 times a day! And I was to contrary yesterday to talk.....anyway.thats my vent!

Good Afternoon Ladies. :)

I did the BR as planned plus the All in One Mini Work Out 40 min premix from my Body Electric Kundalini Yoga dvd this morning. :D

Tmrw I am hoping for cardio/abs at the gym...and ofcouse more yoga too! :)

Lori:: Sorry about your :mad: mood. I know what that's like. This too shall pass. Glad you enjoyed CF! Can't wait to hear what you think of TTM. I have to finish chipping away at the different segments of that one and then I'll plan to do each one in full to see what they are like! Good luck with DD and her new "beau"! Try not to stress out too much about it! You said yourself that she's a smart girl so try and remember that. :) I knnow-easier said then done! :p

Ok, time for food shopping and then my nail appointment at 2:30! BBL!:cool:

tue

Hey girls..

I have been in training all day..but fun training..compny implementing astatewide stretching program...i will b trainer for our office...i was very impresses with the instructors..and yes program is basic..but a great healthy concept ..so i have got my stretching in today...

I did 5 miles in 50 min ystdy on the treadmill at the center...tm is sooooo boring tho..and feels different on my body legs.n knees..would much rather b on the open road..but it is wayyyyy too hot for that..will have to wait till fall now..

This afternoon dh n i have to go run errands...last night was another ruff night..between dealing with asshole hunters and Buster refusing to eat agai...i didnt sleep a wink...

Lori..yes u have a lot on your plate..and as my friend told me..u have the right to have your moments...o ly natural...

Wendy..will chk out the zwow..no workout for me today..but i got lots of stretching in so that counts...lol

Di..has dh come around yet?.... i swear MEN...they can b so infuriating

Ok..bttr run..have a great one..

Hi Ladies,

Late check in for me today. I swam for 30 minutes this morning, in a safe pool environment.:p You know I take breathers at each end or after 2 laps...not continuos swimming like I have to do in the open water. Let me say that bootcamp kicked my butt last night, tons of running/hills. My legs were tired/sore this morning from the hills.

I'm renting a wetsuit Thursday-Saturday. The wetsuit will be used for the stroke and stride(1/2 mile swim/5k run) on Thursday night and the swim clinic on Saturday. I'm skipping bootcamp on Thursdays to work on my swimming.

There is still a lot of tension between DH and I. What do you expect, he ignored me for 3 days, jerk! He's kind of talking but not much. I waited for him to come downstairs before I left for swimming so I could let him know I was leaving.

Wendy-I printed out the BR w/o but swam this morning instead. I have an early conference call tomorrow so it may be the perfect w/o for the morning. Can you run my errands too please!:p

Lori-You are allowed to have your moments! I'm sure your Mom is just calling because she's concerned about you. 3 times in 45 minutes might be just a tad too much.:) Good luck with DD, us ladies are very trying as teenagers. As much as I always wanted a girl, kinda glad I didn't have to go through the teenage years with girls.

Laura-My company has gyms in many of our facilities which is nice. A stretching program is something anyone should be able to do. I think this is a great concept, kudos to you for being the trainer! Nice run too....the treadmill is so boring to me and I have terrible vertigo when I try use one. I stick to the elliptical or outside when I can.

bbl

Good Morning,

The baby woke at 6:30 but I got him back to sleep for another hour. I got 8 hours so I should be fine but I still wasn't in a hurry to get up....I use to be such a morning person. I guess getting up at 7:30 and still being able to smile can be considered a morning person.

I had a good day yesterday. Despite the fact that I was sleepy, I was still in a good mood. I didn't get to workout until after 4 though. DS was with his grandparents and I got my sil to watch the baby so I could go for a run. I would have taken him but it was sooooo windy and still is. Before we went for a run I did MM shoul,bic,tris,abs and GS should and bics. I'm not sure what I will do today. I have a dentist appt at 10:30 and DS has soccer at 5, after that I am going to my inlaws for dinner. I might try TTM later or cardio and legs....

Wendy** saw your nails on F ...very nice. DD had her nails done yesterday. Everytime I look she has teeth whitening strips on....and tomorrow she is getting a pedi.....pretty high maintenance for a 16 yr old. I had some nice undies come yesterday in the mail and she wanted to know why I needed nice underwear while my husband was away. Told her I still needed undewear:eek:. I will have to do inventory cause shes likely to take them.

Disna** see two can play that game, that's the way I look at things and I know it's not mature and I know it would only make matters worse. I am the stubborn one in this house so if someone wasnt talking to me, i would just be going on about my business...lol. And I'd never let them know I was leaving the house! Lol

Laura** I know I am allowed to have my moments but hearing someone tell me I'm allowed makes it better:). I dont know what I will do this weekend. DS wants a care package so I may go around Saturday to different stores to pick up different things and then probably do some baking for him. Try to get it In the mail Monday morning. He wants cream cheese brownies but I dont know what they will be like once they get there.

I will bbl. I am going to clean my kitchen floor...been trying to do it since Monday. The girls had a sleepover so they won't be here until mid morning

Good Morning Girls. :)

I came here to post a few minutes earlier but saw that Lori hadn't posted yet. Since she is the resident early bird these days I figured I would wait for her to post first to avoid posting at the same time...and 5 minutes later her post was here! :D

Today's work out plan is the compound legs and core w/upper focus portions of TTM, some gym cardio and yoga...

As for the rest of the day's plan-I don't have one except for going to Costco with DH after work later so we'll see how the day plays out...DS is home with me so I am sure it will involve an activity or 2 for him. Tomorrow we are going to go swimming with my mom at her SO's condo pool so that will be fun.

Lori:: LMAO at your DD's underwear question. You are right - she IS a smart girl! ;):p LOL I tried those teeth whitening strips years ago and they made my teeth so sensitive that they just hurt even when I wasn't eating or drinking anything. It was awful! :eek: I've never had the nerve to try them again after that! I was never into nails when I was a teenager. I think back then it was about clothes and hair for me. My hair always looked awful though (or atleast I was never happy with it!) so it was mostly about just clothes I guess. LOL

Diana:: You are doing fantastic with your swimming! So dedicated! Keep it up! :) So now you have TWO BR's to do! You better get crackin' so you can catch up! :p Sorry DH is still up to his antics. I hope he comes around sooner rather then later. I feel your pain as DH used to do that to me until he finally realized it didn't solve anything...:rolleyes:

Laura:: So now that you are leading a stretching class at work does that mean that you will not be attempting to fit in yoga anymore? ;) Good job with your run even though you are not a TM fan. I prefer the TM unless I am racing. Call me crazy! :p

BBL!:cool:

ETA:: Okay, DS decided what he wants to do today...Chuck E. Cheese :rolleyes: and the Library :D...so that's the plan after the gym and lunch!

Last edited:
Hey Girls,

My mouth is still numb from my trip to the dentist.....hate that. Half of my mouth moves when I smile. I'm debating working out at all now...only cause the kids were In the hot tub again. But now I might have time. The girls leave for swimming at 3:40, DS has soccer, then to my in laws and after that my sil is having a lia Sophia party. So if I don't workout in the next hour or so it won't get done.

Wendy** have a good day with DS!! I laughed at you waiting for me to check in.

Sooooo lazy right now....

TTM warm up-compound legs-core w/upper body focus-stretch, Itread #16 20 mins, lower abs and 30 mins of Yoga Relax...DONE! :D

Pretty soon it'll be time for a stop at the library and then off to Chuck E. Cheese for an hour long headache. :rolleyes:

Lori:: Oh boy, being short on time and feeling lazy doesn't bode well for a work out but I think you can afford to miss one. ;)

WED

Still not in good place .. legal issues are going to be death of me ..people are so greedy and I have lost faith in human nature ..i was going for a run today after work .. but right now .. IDK .. what I am gonna do ..

everyone workout for me ..say a prayer things get better ... :(

Hi Ladies,

I did the BR w/o this morning as planned, followed along with the "real time" and it worked out great! Another early meeting tomorrow morning, not sure if I will get anything done in the morning, not too concerned since I have run/swim in the evening.

Wendy-I know...I know....I'm trying to get caught up on the BR w/o's. they will be perfect for my vacation...as long as I don't need any equipment. Enjoy your day with the kiddo!

Lori-best to keep an eye on DD, without her knowing though. I can't imagine have a teenage daughter. Although my teenage son has been a bit mouthy lately. Trying to reign that in and make him show some respect and responsibility. The next step is taking away his car. I love getting new underwear....it's the small things in life!:)

Laura-{{HUGS}}, hope everything gets worked out soon. Too much stress going on with all of us right now. Just remember, this too shall pass. Hang in there.

bbl

Thought yesterday was gonna be a rest day but nope....I got the kids situated and I put TTM in the DVD player and away we went :). It was a good workout but not as tough as I thought it was gonna be. I also thought that there was going to be more weight work. It was a good workout though. Im not sure what I will do today. We have soccer at 11 so chances are I will wait until after lunch to workout.

Wendy** a hour long headache sounds about right:). I think I will take DS to the water park on Saturday for a couple of hours because the girls are going camping. There are a couple of kids across the st but they aren't there all the time either and I feel bad when DS doesnt have anyone to play with. If its hot on Sunday I may take him to the park to go swimming with the girls. It's a make work project....keep him occupied on weekends was DHs job b/c he would just go with his dad and do boy things.

Diana** got to love a mouthy kid who think they know it all:confused: She goes through those stages from time to time. It's usually when her world is falling apart:rolleyes:. And I can also tell when things are going wonderful for her cause she is in the best mood possible! Lol. I think we all deserve an award after we raise children without killing them...or ourselves :p

Laura** wish I could erase all of this yuckiness for you! I have a few things on my plate while I wait for the building to sell. I try not to think about it b/c DHs business partner is suppose to be handling everything but I can't help it. It also doesnt help when my mil makes mountains out of mole hills ..drives me crazy when she does that....which is usually often. When DH left I wasn't supposed to be stressed about anything ...well thats not happening. In the meantime I think something's have been resolved for the time being anyway. We just have to remember "this to shall pass"

I will bbl to report my workout!

Good Morning Ladies.:)

DS and I are going swimming with my mom at her S/O's condo again this afternoon and then tonight is the bowling league...

Today's work out will be a lower body work out from the Loving Fit website which I discovered and never used :rolleyes::eek:, a short cardio if there's time, and a yoga of choice. Here's the link to the Loving Fit work out::

Circuit Training - Tightest Booty Workout : @LovingFit

Diana:: So you liked the BR you did y'day? Yes, BR/ZWOW style work outs rock for traveling bc so many of them do not require weights to do!

Laura:: Hugs, prayers and happy thoughts headed your way, honey! I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time!!!:(

Lori:: Yeah, TTM doesn't have nearly as much weight work as AT does. It seems to be a good work out though. The segments I did y'day killed me!:eek: They were harder then I think they should have been. Maybe I went too heavy. :rolleyes: My son wants me to take him to the water park right here in town but I won't take him alone. It would make me too nervous. I told him that he has to wait until daddy can come too.

BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

I'm saving my strength for the brutal swim/run tonight! This afternoon I'm picking up a wetsuit that I'm renting for tonight and for the swim clinic on Saturday. Also, DH's uncle called and said they have a new dock and that we can swim in the ocean right off his backyard. Although the water may be a bit colder it will be good practice for me. My FB cover photo is the house we are staying at on vacation...you can see his backyard backs up against the ocean.:)

Wendy-I bookmarked that lower body workout....I notice the backside is sliding with all this tri training and not enough weight training. Only 1 more month and then I think I'll start P90X2. Had this series since December and I would like to get through the rotation at least once.

Lori-Wow, you are a rockstar! TTM was tough for me...enjoyed my few extra seconds of breaks while I set up for the next segment. I did read on this site that the weights in CF and TTM are only to keep the heart rate up and will not interfere with your normal weight routine. Jerod is being much better now. I had given him a daily chore to be done before I got home from work and he just didn't do them. :confused: These chores should take anywhere from 30-60 minutes. Other than his football workouts in the morning, he's playing on the xbox etc. Things like take all the outside light fixtures down, clean them and replace any burnt out bulbs, wash out the trash cans, clean our your closet etc. He lipped off one too many too many times so he's grounded this week but has been doing his chores. Today he get to clean all the bathroom plungers.:p

Lori-hoping today is a brighter day for you!

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.