Damage Control January!

Hi Ladies,

This morning was MAX 30 Friday Night Fight....and it was a toughie. I maxed out at 7:39....which is right on par with several folks in the DVD. The high impact hurts the bottom and balls of my feet. I've been using cross trainers but I may try my running shoes since they have much more cushion in them. Running shoes are made for forward motion only, not lateral movement. It doesn't help that I have bad feet to begin with.

Tomorrow I'm going to the 8am workout and 9am nutrition class. My weight is holding steady and really need to change my mindset to get the weightloss going. I'm going to make weekly goals and see if that helps.

I went to my fitness class last night and wasn't thrilled with it. It was abs, triceps and squats/lunges. I was hoping for a hardcore cardio class. I guess that was on Monday when I was flying home. Each class is different though so some nights are harder than others. My legs are feeling all the squats & lunches.

Missy-I never done either of the yoga w/o's. I really should though. Did you get through it?

LL-it all comes down to food doesn't it. I struggle with staying in my calorie range and some days are tougher than others.

Tina-glad you were able to pick out a w/o that worked for you! ITA, you just gotta keep moving!

bbl

This morning was DM and the bonus legs and stability ball abs from B&G. I'm looking forward to a day off tomorrow. We're supposed to be getting snow this weekend, so we'll be spinning inside again on Sunday. :( One more week of Meso 1 and I plan on an Amy Bento bonanza during my rest week. :)

Diana, I have had foot issues in the past and have recently changed over to Asics. My feet don't bother me at all any longer, and the lateral support is fantastic. I have high arches and a supination, so it's really hard for me to find a comfortable shoe. Asics seem to cushion even better than Ryka's.

Off to work. Six hour shift tonight, ten tomorrow. I've got my iPod loaded with Podcasts and a good book. I'll check back in on Sunday. Have a great weekend. :)

Hi. Busy weekend at work-10 hours Friday and 12 hours today. I did get a walk in yesterday! I've been stretching a lot and my hip is much, much better! My monthly calendar looks so bare! Oh well, feeling better is worth some time off.

Beth

We got a lot accomplished on the house today! New kitchen faucet given and put in by a friend and he helped me put my desk together that my mom had given me for Christmas. Hubby got the kids to 2 basketball games and had to shovel the driveway. I got in RWH CUB and the friend who helped with stuff, brought his family and they stayed for dinner. Fun productive day! Eating today was good until dinner, she made popovers and I had three, then I mad chocolate chip bundt cake and some Hershey's kisses!

Diana, yes does all come down to food!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all! I like hearing what everybody is doing.

I have slide and glide today and that is the end of my rotation! I didn't work out every single day, and I am ok with that :)

So I have to choose another, or just wing it.

Yesterday DH and I did PP and S&H abs. Today is M1D10 and a short cardio workout. I checked my Garmin at the end of my work shift and I logged in nine miles. We're hunkering down for the 2015 snowpocalypse. Filling bird feeders, candles and flashlights at the ready, gas for the generator, food cupboards stocked; BRING IT! :)

LL, sounds like you had a very productive weekend, calorie sizzler. :)

Missy, what rotation are you planning on next? S&G is such a fun workout, I need to work that one in soon.

BBL to check in to see what everyone else is up to. Have a great day. :)

Hey Ladies ..

had a ruff end to last week- more life BS!! DH and I took off Friday just for a night to ourselves ..was much needed. had errands Saturday- last week - I alternated nights of Max30 and Pi-yo .. that is a great combo!!! No exercise to report this weekend - had nagging migraine! It is still there but a little better - STRESS! Tonight I will be doing Max 30 or Pi-yo .. depends on the head!! Tommorrow needs some prayers - for positive resulotion to our negatvie nagging ongoing BS ...

Our weather has been WET - and today temps have dropped agian - now it is wet AND cold! ugh .. but at least we dont have blizzards or snow!!

LL: cutting out sweets is major -

Missy - I need a YOGARELAX .. but I think I have exercise ADD .. would not be able to sit still that long..

Tina - B&G .. EEEEK .. have not thought about that workout in a while ..

DI - a one mile swim - geesh - I scuba dive and cant imagine that .. that i something you would have to train for specifically! glad you got to see your DGD .. I know they loved the visit as much as you!!

Beth - hope your back heals ..

hello to anyone I missed - better run .. have a great one!

Hey Ladies ..

had a ruff end to last week- more life BS!! DH and I took off Friday just for a night to ourselves ..was much needed. had errands Saturday- last week - I alternated nights of Max30 and Pi-yo .. that is a great combo!!! No exercise to report this weekend - had nagging migraine! It is still there but a little better - STRESS! Tonight I will be doing Max 30 or Pi-yo .. depends on the head!! Tommorrow needs some prayers - for positive resulotion to our negatvie nagging ongoing BS ...

Our weather has been WET - and today temps have dropped agian - now it is wet AND cold! ugh .. but at least we dont have blizzards or snow!!

LL: cutting out sweets is major -

Missy - I need a YOGARELAX .. but I think I have exercise ADD .. would not be able to sit still that long..

Tina - B&G .. EEEEK .. have not thought about that workout in a while ..

DI - a one mile swim - geesh - I scuba dive and cant imagine that .. that i something you would have to train for specifically! glad you got to see your DGD .. I know they loved the visit as much as you!!

Beth - hope your back heals ..

hello to anyone I missed - better run .. have a great one!
Yeah I'm doing the yoga going 'is this DOING anything??' but maybe I need to settle down.

I'm going to see what Cathe posts for February. Tonight I'm going to try the Hiit plyo....maybe 20 minutes?

Yesterday I didn't feel great so I only did the first Tabata and the 28 min premix of yoga relax. Tonight I did AOLIH and I guess I should have checked the schedule because today was LIHI Chest and tomorrow was supposed to be AOLIH. Oh well. I wasn't in the mood for anything longer. I know it's less than a 10 min diff. but a wo in the 30s seems so much shorter than one in the 40s! I feel a cold coming on, hoping I will escape it!

We got a bit of snow today and the weather people can't make up their minds, yesterday it was8-14" +, now they are saying 6 inches, make that 1-3" what a bummer, they blew it out of proportion. Who knows. All I know is Tuesdays are our only days fully at home to do school work all day, so hopefully the kids will be motivated to work hard to go out and sled. We have a great hill in the back yard, kids from all over the neighborhood come to it. :) Wednesday, Hubby is taking CDawg and B skiing and I'll have Bible study and taking Little K to Kids Joy (like Sunday school) and JTrain will have his Art, Gym and Theatre in the morning and Spanish, Science and Speech in the afternoon. Unless the snow is so good up at Bear Creek that we all go skiing???

Hi to all that follow!!

Hi to all! We got about 6 inches here in North Central PA. I'm heading out to shovel in an hour. Sunday I had to stay 12 hours again at work. I was determined to work out though so came home and did All Step from Crosstrain Express. It's a lot like Step and Intervals because it has intervals in it! After the step (20 min.) was a 10 minute shoulder endurance workout and then 10 minutes of abs. I just felt glad I did something! Yesterday I finally did lower body weights for the first time since January 6th! I did Leaner Legs from Crosstrain Express. I love that workout. I matched Cathe's weights on every exercise except the static lunges-how she uses a 35 lb. barbell is beyond me! I used two 10's and felt it just fine! After I shovel today I'm going to do PUB-my all time favorite upper body workout. Back to work tomorrow so I'll do something shorter. I'm loving the Crosstrain workouts these days-like that they are shorter cardio and have weights and abs.

LL, your schedule is full! Glad to hear you're making a little time for yourself and working out!

Poochy, glad you have exercise to help with your life stress!

Missy, I'm missing yoga this week-in between sessions, so I'm going to do yoga relax! How did HiiT plyo go?

Diana, how is Max 30 going? Do you look forward to it? What are your nutrition goals? I made a big pot of turkey veg. soup yesterday. It should last the week!

Tina, how did your long shifts go? Lucky you can listen to things while you work. I think we got more snow here than the coast!

Anybody going to try to go to the July road trip? I took Friday off work and am thinking about trying to get in!

Beth

hiit plyo did not go off as planned. I'm figuring out my workout schedule with me working, and trying to get the workouts in while my son isn't home because he's awful about sharing the internet. And the internet is definitely not as upgraded as it could be....but we aren't paying for it.

I looked at XT videos and they look pretty good...as do all of her videos. I'm not a fan of kickbox....

Lean Legs has been a favorite among Catheletes since I was doing them 10 years ago.

I was looking at doing an xtrain rotation....not sure.....

I was thinking that I would not work out on the days I work (which is 2)....so maybe schedule 4 workouts per week.

NO SNOW HERE! My sister works in a neonatal unit as a nurse....she said one year with the snow she was kept on at the hospital and not allowed to go home....aah!

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA, just busy etc. Saturday was class at the gym/STS Disc 1, and BR day 1. Sunday was Sunday Funday Class and STS disc 2. Yesterday was BR day 2 and Spring fitness challenge class. This morning was STS disc 3. I lost 20#'s following WW and doing a combo of STS and BR. I'm hoping it will get the remaining 10#'s off. I'm very happy with how my clothes fit and how I feel.

Tina-Are you getting slammed with all the snow? It sounds like you are prepared for it! My feet problems are mostly due to bunions....ack. I've had 5 surgeries on my right foot and it has screws/plates in it. I need to have a bunionectomy on my left foot but keep putting it off due to the hack job that's been done on my right foot. The high impact of Max 30 has you on your toes a lot and causes my feet to hurt a bit. My running shoes do help with that though.

Beth-glad to hear that you are feeling better! Sounds like you have jumped full speed ahead into your workouts. I've done 5 of the 6 Max 30 w/o's for month 1. It's really hard to jump right into something so high impact and high intensity at 5am. I will be adding them in when I'm short on time. They are awesome. My nutrition plan (from the gym) is 1400-1500 cals per day, 112 grams of protein (minimum), 40% protein/40% fat/ 20% carbs. I tend to go over my calories...closer to 1600-1700. It's a target that I'm working on.

LL-sounds like you accomplished a lot with your house! I love when that happens. You are doing great with your w/o's! Glad you escaped the mountains of snow they were calling for.

Missy-I'm not a yoga fan but probably should be. Sounds like you have a great workout plan. I work out in the morning before work. The evening never really worked for me. I would be busy with the kids activities, dinner etc. From past experience I've learned if I don't do it in the morning, its probably not going to happen.

Laura-hello missy! Prayers and hugs, hope you get the resolution you are looking for. Max 30 is awesome and I enjoy. I think I'd enjoy more if it wasn't so early when I was doing it.

Hope I'm not forgetting anyone. bbl

This morning was HCLB while DH was out plowing, then after he came home and we had a big family lunch, we did M1D12 together. He's back out plowing again, so I'll squeeze in some ab work while he's away. The snow is still coming down hard and the wind is really gusty. When I went out to feed the chickens this morning, there were spots where the snow had drifted that the snow depth was over my waist band. I can't imagine what it is now. Thankfully it's really fluffy snow and we still have power! :)

Diana, my sister and my neighbor both have bunion issues, so I understand how painful they can be. They have plates and screws from their surgeries too. They are both fanatical about working out and I'm amazed how it doesn't ever slow them down. You're all amazing! :)

Off to binge watch some Netflix while I fold laundry. LOVE snow days! :)

20 min LIHI Chest was all I had the time and energy for. Stepdad admitted to hospital after 2 trips to the ER,infection and my uncle in Michigan had a massive stroke on sunday was given meds but swelling in the brain led to surgery that didn't go well and then he was on a ventilator for a while and now is off. The docs don't know how long betas. He's in MI, mom and I are in Philly. I wasn't close with him but he's my mom's only sibling and it hard enough with my stepdad being sick...

I had a shorter work day today so came home and did Intensity. Love that it's part step, part plyo, and HiiT. What's everyone else up to today?

Beth

Yesterday was M1D11, which finished up Meso 1 for me. I also added on LIH#2 and GS C&T time saver premix. This morning was KM and the blast only premix of LM. I'm hoping DH and I can get a spin workout in tonight. I think our official snow amount was 30" and more is on the way. Up to 6" tomorrow and maybe another foot on Monday. I'm so done with winter! My shoulders are done with shoveling!

LL, I'm sorry to hear about your SD and Uncle. I hope they're doing better now.

Beth, I haven't done Intensity in a long time, I need to add that to my next month rotation. :)

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hey Ladies -

Well - Tuesday was not the results I wanted .. and was a very long hard stressfull day - tummy and head both were killing me! Such a draining process - and still leaves me/us in a LIMBO of worry. *sigh* still praying for a good resolution sooner rather than later!

I managed max30 tabata power last night - love that workout - it is my favorite so far! The strength tabata is also good .. just KILLER pushup torture. No workout today - having a GGT tonight for my aunt's b-day and another friend - some BFF therapy will be good for me!

Tina - I cant imagine all that snow!! WOW - I have seen some pics on the news .. YIKES!!

LL - sorry about all the health issues in your family - {{hugs }} hope everyone gets better! I know that takes a toll on you!

Beth - so you are all snowed in too - yikes!! We are warmer today .. to get up to 60 .. but then the next winter wave is to come in tomorrow!

Di - wow at your workouts - WTG you are taking up my slack for sure!! lol - keep prayers coming for my "mess" ...

hello to all that follow .. ok .. about to run out for lunch .. have a great one!

No wo to report.

My uncle passed yesterday morning. Roger, stepdad, is still in the hospital. He's coming along, but not well. He has bacteria in his blood and they are running tests to figure out what meds to give.

And I'm still sick, so I can't help, about to take my second nap of the day.

Hi ladies,

Yesterday ended up being a rest day basically. I did get in a 40 min walk at lunch though. This morning was BR day 3 and at lunch I'm heading down to do STS disc 4-CSB. Tonight is class at the rec ctr.

Tina-oh my, that is a ton of snow. We were in the 50's the past few days but today and tomorrow are in the 30's but warming up this weekend. I'm thankful for that since I have a run on Superbowl Sunday.

LL-so sorry to hear about your uncle. {{HUGS}} Hope your stepdad is on his way to recovery. I'm sure all this is very stressful for you and your immune system. Take care of yourself.

Beth-Intensity is one of my go to workouts! I love the variety too.

Laura-Tabata power-is that a month 2 w/o? I haven't done that yet. I'm still sticking with the M1 workouts for a while. "This to shall pass". Hang in there.

Missy-don't worry if you miss a few w/o's here and there. It's inevitable, so don't worry about it. Plus your schedule is changing drasting with re-entering the work force. Give yourself time to adjust to all the changes happening right now. How was PRS?

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.