Daily Check-in Tues May 2

Taught a Circuit Training class today, and did Mindy's Bootcamp kickbox workout to see what I could borrow from it. I ended up borrowing some of the med ball stuff.

Push-up day. I'm trying to learn new variations, and today did Hindu, or Cobra, push-ups for the first time! Very exciting for me - I'm AM very dull, I'll admit that! I also found that I can do a "Jack LaLanne" push-up, but not on my finger tips.

These are pictured on these links:

http://www.ronjones.org/Coach&Train/ExercisePhotos/PushUps/PushUp-Cobra.html

http://www.ronjones.org/Coach&Train/ExercisePhotos/PushUps/PushUp-JackLaLanne.html

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Hi gals.

Well, I guess I am in the minority here as the Pyramids are not my faves of Cathe's strength work outs so I decided only to do the PUB down only premix but I went super heavy and OMG!:eek: }( :eek: LOL I had to do the dang ab work to as it was included in the premix (drat!;)) BUT I actually got into a semi-kinda-sorta-beginning-of-an-actual-pike position for the first time today! WOO HOO!:7 :7 :7 Then I finished it off with a rebounder kickboxing w/o.

Sandra, yep...Joey's Birthday is in TWO WEEKS! May 14th! I can not believe it!!!!:+

Great, about 30 min. seems to be about my limit these days with cardio. I managed a 37 min. premix yesterday but today I only managed 30 min. of a taebo workout that was supposed to be 45 min. long. sigh. I just don't have it in me anymore and I know it is the depression and I should be thankful that I can get in any exercise at all.

My father is visiting in 7 days so once that hurdle is over with I may feel better even though Mother's Day will arrive and be the first one with my mother no longer here. Plus my father's remarriage on the 16th the day after the 4 month anniversary of my mother's death, to a woman we aren't allowed to meet. He is even cutting his visit short and missing my oldest son's piano recital which orginally he was planning on attending. sigh.

Life is just stressful these days sorry to dump on everybody.

Thanks for listening.

Laurie ~ My chiropractor suggested the same thing...ice 20 minutes at least four times a day. It is starting to feel better and "loosen up".

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes...you gals are the best!

Sending {{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you Annette. With all that you are dealing with, it is amazing you are doing the workouts you are. Keep doing what you are doing, don't give up and do nothing. 30 minutes of taebo is a good workout, don't think about the 15 minutes you didn't do, think about the 30 minutes you did!! Sending prayers your way that you will be strong to get through the coming weeks.

I didn't quite do my planned run... not an all out run anyway. I made it a mile and just knew this was not the day for an endurance run... I did run/power walk intervals instead for an hour and burned 475 calories, so not bad. I got up at 3:15 and started work early this morning so that may be a factor and the fact that I am just not back up to fighting form yet. I then did GS Chest and I plan on a short ab routine, something like abs from Step Heat or Muscle Max a little later. So I'm counting this as a good day.:)

Daily Check-in

I am checking in late again tonight. I had a much better day today, and I am feeling much more relaxed and peaceful. I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching before I went to bed last night. Today’s workout was a Leaner Legs homemade circuit with intervals of cardio gliding. I started previewing Low Impact Step tonight, and it looks like fun. I am looking forward to trying it. The premix I previewed plays fine on my new DVD player (the second one I bought last night). My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow, and I am ready to enjoy a warm bubble bath and the second segment of Total Body Stretching again.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.