Daily Check-in, Thursday, March 28, 2024

Good morning friends & fitness buddies!

Today's workouts:

KCM-Start Here- Premix: Aerobic Cardio - 19 min.
IFit- "Seceda Treadmill Walk, Part 2, Italy" - 22 min.
YT- Meredith Shirk- 10 min. Med Ball Workout

Have a good day all!

Hi there!

Long time no “see” ;)

FINALLY got my MRI done yesterday. Results came back today: mild (20%) scoliosis with moderate central stenosis, three bulging discs, and severe facet arthropathy/hypertrophy. Two of the disc bulges contact exiting L3 and L4 nerve roots — which explains why my leg kept falling asleep.
SO!

1) I’m not crazy. I wasn’t imagining it. Stretches will not fix this. And it’s not from “weak abs”, a “weak lower back”, “bursitis” or “a hip imbalance”. Still trying really hard not to be angry or smug :D But one of my triggers is not being believed. I will stick it out until I absolutely HAVE to get some help. And only then will I ask for help. So if I am in a dr’s office, I need help. Being ignored or dismissed after that just really burns my toast. BUT I HAVE THE PROOF NOW, so I will stop talking about that… maybe. ;)

2) I need to go full-on low impact with my exercise routine (biking, swimming, walking, etc)
3) I am on the right track with weight loss. I HIT ONEDERLAND! And am a bit below that. Still have about 40 lbs to go, but can see the finish line from here.
4) No idea what to do with my high-impact Cathe DVDs. Keeping the low impact stuff, as well as the weights. Really looking forward to the mobility series now! What EXCELLENT timing. I think I’ll post that in the “Ask Cathe” Forum threads (if I have time).

Hope you are all well! Have a blessed and peaceful Easter season!

Hey Anita, thanks for checking in….wow, that’s a lot to deal with, but at least you were
able to get your answers & confirm what you were feeling…

low impact is good…..before you get rid of your high impact dvds, I would go thru
them and see about modifying high impact moves to low impact….I do that all the time,
but perhaps you would rather not modify. Just follow “dr’s orders” and take care.
thanks for letting us know….and I hope you & your family enjoy a Happy & Blessed
Easter.

A great Thursday to everyone!

Linda, I really like that KCM Premix.

Anita, It’s so good to hear from you. I’m sorry that your DX isn’t better. Will you be doing PT? It seems like a huge diagnosis to be told that low impact is the answer. I hope they’re giving you more support than that.

Congratulations on your continued weight loss! Thats huge given all you’ve been through.

Today I did The Bar Method Designer Sculpting 45m, Pelvic Fascia Flossing 15m

I HIT ONEDERLAND! And am a bit below that. Still
OMG, Anita, I forgot to congratulate you on the weight loss…..sorry, I was just so darn
excited to see ya’ :)

nice workout Lannette doing The Bar Method Designer Sculpting 45m, & Pelvic Fascia Flossing 15m.

Hi ladies,

Anita, modify modify modify your high impact workouts to low impact!! Sorry you are having problems, congratulations on being in onederland!!

Today I came to the gym and did a 90 minute circuit, upper body using machine, cables, and dumbbells, sled for cardio and weights( I got a searing pain in my left upper arm (bursa area) that stopped me in my track while pushing the 718 pounds, I only made it halfway arm was burning with searing pain, then I unloaded the sled and finished with floorwork for abs, legs and glutes with a stretch.

Nice workouts ladies, now I need to go home and change so I can get together with my friend this afternoon.

See ya tomorrow.

Good morning all!:)

Linda- Great workout mix for today with:

KCM-Start Here- Premix: Aerobic Cardio - 19 min.- Like that one its nice to have, nice short premix options:)
IFit- "Seceda Treadmill Walk, Part 2, Italy" - 22 min. - Love your TM Italy walk, sounds so decadent!
YT- Meredith Shirk- 10 min. Med Ball Workout- Love med ball stuff! great workout:)

Have a wonderful day;)

Anita- Welcome back!!!! Happy dances she's back! :) So sorry to hear about your disc problems. Glad to hear you. Good you got your MRI results and it revealed some disc problems. It's nice to have answers now.
As far as Cathe dvds I'd suggest taking a look at them with an eye for making them low impact. I do that all the time. For step you could use topper and just not jump. I like the LITE series and ICE series and Low Impact series are good ones I can think of right away.
Always look for ways to modify higher impact moves. You can even modify a burpee to low impact no jumps or hops. Also Cathe has tons of pre-mixes some are lower impact on their own.
There is no shame in modifying the impact level for what is right for you. On the step Instead of jumping of jogging type moves just step up and back, you got this now worries. Just take care of you and make the workout suitable for you. I'm with you nothing gets me miffed faster than
if someone dismisses, tells me I'm imaginging it, or thinks my concerns have no merit. I'm working on containing outbursts. When I was younger oh man I'd let them have it doiuble barrels. Now I'm a work in progress to filter, think before I speak and be respectful, its a work in progress.
Congrats on your weight loss and fitness, and being in Onederland bravo!! Celebratory hug! So so happy to hear from you. I've been keeping you in my prayers.Glad your back!!:)
Happy Easter to you & your family, many blessings:) Have a good day;)

Lannette- Great job on today's workout with:

The Bar Method Designer Sculpting = 45 Min - Nice one, I've done this one- Good Stuff!
Pelvic Fascia Flossing= 15 Min

Have a wonderful day:)

Annette- Wow! Another stellar 90 Min gym workout upper body circuit style. Love how you use lots of fun machines, various free weights,equipment and sled pushing 718 pounds!!!!, that is some serious weight.
Good call to back off if a certain exercise or weight is causing pain or discomfort. Floor work should feel great after that. Have blessed rest of your day;)

Siobhan- Hello's & waves:) I hope your enjoying your day:) Have good day:)

Here's today's workouts:

YT- Kaleigh Cohen Strength- 30 Min F. B.Compound STRENG. W/OUT w/Db's= 33 Min
TaeBo - Cardio Circuit 1= 36 Min
CoffeyFit "Raw"- "More Than Just Strength- Workout #2- Balance, Strength, & Core= 35 Min

Have a blessed day;)

Nora

Nice 90 min. At the gym today Annette, be careful on that sled! Things happen so quickly sometimes….

Nice workout Nora with YT- Kaleigh Cohen Strength- 30 Min F. B.Compound STRENG. W/OUT w/Db's= 33 Min TaeBo - Cardio Circuit 1= 36 Min & CoffeyFit "Raw"- "More Than Just Strength- Workout #2- Balance, Strength, & Core= 35 Min.

are you enjoying Kelly’s new Raw dvds? I don’t have those either. I haven’t ordered
any since PowerSplit & CardioFit….my 2 absolute favorites of hers….

Annette’s post above of modify modify modify reminded me of an instructor years ago,
Susan Powter, & she used the same phrase “Modify, Modify, Modify” :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.