Cycle Workouts

Swimmer

Cathlete
Is it feasible to do Cathe's cycling workouts using a road bike on a trainer instead of a spin bike? I have a big library of Spinervals, with which I use my bike/trainer. Just wondering if my bike set up would work with Cathe's cycling DVDs.

I don't see why not...As long as you can change the tension, sit or stand, l would think it would work fine. :)

I have no problem using my road bike on a cheap trainer. There is alot of standing in the Cathe spins, but as long as you can put enough wheel tension on your tire, you shouldn't have a problem. I do enjoy the Spinerval workouts too. Both Cathe workouts would make a nice addition to your collection. : )

I agree with giving it a try, and I will go on to say that I did not like it and ended up buying a spin bike. The reason I didn't like it is because my bike didn't increment the tension like a spin bike does. I have a lot of gears on my bike but the increments just didn't seem to work for me.
Good luck!

Thanks, everyone, for the input. I might end up getting one of Cathe's cycle workouts, just for the variety.

Thanks everyone, I have the workout DVD's but no spin bike. If they will work with a trainer, it is a cheaper option, just to see if I like it. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.