CTX and strength rotation question

Hi Jordon,

This is Janie, and you've also helped me with my rotation. I have to tell you it is working very well.

I just want to ask something though. How do you know all of this stuff? Is it experience or schooling? I'm only asking because you impress me very much about your knowlege.

I've been pondering over threads and putting my 2 cents in every now and then, but you, you are always there for people. And it seems you give very good advice.

Keep up the good work. You are valuable.

Janie

Hi Janie,

I am so glad that you are having success with your workout program yeah :7 yeah!

I have learned a lot over the years from experience and schooling. Except for a short time in my life, I have always worked out or trained for something. And, I still research information.

When I stopped working out, I was older, my metabolism was slowing down and I gained weight. I never had to plan a workout program for weight loss and pure health reasons, until this time. I also had to work on a nutrition plan. In the past, I couldn't gain weight no matter what I did and believe me, I tried. All of a sudden *poof* I was carrying extra pounds and not feeling well. So, I just took things in phases and I'm still tweaking. I cheat a lot but I'm a work in progress.

Thank you for the compliment. There are many people with fitness & nutrition knowledge on this site. You probably have noticed, how helpful & supportive the other members are on this board. I have gleaned a lot from others. Everyone has something to share including the new people. Maybe you will be there for someone who needs help :). I surely hope so.

Would love to hear about your progress,
jordan

Hi Stephanie,

I'm just checking on you. I hope you are doing ok, still motivated, and injury free.

Check in when you can,
jordan

Awwww......TY Jordan......I am doing wonderful. I was going to post a few questions about things I've noticed and it makes me think I'm not doing something right.

First....when I did S/H Back....I just couldn't seem to get the dead lifts right or at least I don't think I was. Don't laugh, but to focus on form, I only used 5 lb. weights....how in the world do you do these bent over like that w/o dropping your shoulders??? I was so darned mad at myself, but I couldn't seem to hold them back w/ 5 lbers....grrrrrrr I felt I could use heaver, but I couldn't get the shoulder thing. Any tips for these?

Second......I did S/H Chest today and is it okay that my triceps feel a little sore? Or am I doing the flies and bench presses incorrectly? I'm sure I'll work things out, but I just want to be sure. I was surprised that I did most of this w/ 10's or 8's...looks like I'll be needing heavier ones sooner than I realized.

I loved 10 10 10 but was disappointed in all the room that you need to do this workout. I only have a small area so the moves around the box, I did in one place. I was so happy that I caught on to the step part pretty well. I did the ricochets (sp?) and the turns....not perfect, but better than I thought. My heart rate was really up there....I loved it.......and my abs are even sore, I'm assuming from the hooks, jabs, etc.

I'm having a blast w/ this rotation......TY again!

~Stephanie~

"Happiness is knowing what you are doing next without me saying it!" - Cathe

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your program. You seem to know how and when to modify. You are right to lighten up until you are in proper form. I think there are form pointers for both through the link on Cathe's home page.

Deadlifts- what helped me was to:

1) start by retracting my shoulders & check my posture.
2) think about hinging from the hips while moving my upper body, to include my shoulders, as one straight unit. I imagined that I was one of those bobbing chickens.
3) lighten my grip on the db's so that I wouldn't try to pull them up with my arms.
4) go through a couple of reps slowly while concentrating on form & the muscles that I was working. It took concentration at first (and still does)but when I felt the move everything clicked.

I don't know if any of this will help you, but this was my experience.

Sore triceps- check your form for chest presses then proceed.

I think the soreness is from the chest presses, as the triceps act as synergists during this exercise. Try concentrating on your pecs or try doing the flys first to exhaust your pecs.

10-10-10

It is a fun workout. Sounds like you really engaged your abds.

Good job,
jordan

Hey Jordan!

You know, you are giving yourself quite the wonderful reputation around here! I am thinkin' that after I have my baby and I am ready to start exercising again, I may be callin' your name for some rotation help!;)So long as you don't mind ofcourse! :):):)

I have been exercising for a couple of years now steadily but never got those "dream results" because I just don't know how to go about it! I know that I will have to work on my diet too. I try to eat low fat but I'm thinking I may have to tweek my diet a little more than that to get the results I am after!

Anyway, don't worry, lol, I'm not due until mid May and then who knows how long until I am given the ok to exercise again...

Take Care!

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Hi again Jordon,

See didn't I tell? You are valuable, and people look to you about all kinds of things. I've copied some rotations that you suggested during this thread, and decided that will help me with my next level. I know now I didn't need a lot of a change, just a smidgen more weights and cardio.

Sorry for the two posts in different locations. Just missed your posts somehow.

Thank you for helping all of us in need. It sure can get confusing and with people around like yourself, we are all just better off for it.

Yes I have to agree, everyone helps a great deal, and between you and everyone else, there is a great rotation, or help with weight loss for anyone who inquires. There really is no excuse is there?

Thank you everyone.

Janie

Hi Janie,

Glad to see you here. It is odd that I saw your post today. I was just looking into taking a class on kinesiology and exercise physiology. I feel like I have so much to learn. Classes are full but maybe in the future.

How are you doing with your current program?

I just received the Hardcore Series and plan to rotate all the workouts for a few weeks to get a feel for them. I have thought about my goals and made a fluid plan.

This is what I am starting with:

Strength focus
day 1- GS legs
day 2- GS chest/triceps + (1) core max (cm)segment & (1) segment of core fundamentals (cf, not a Cathe workout)
day 3- Kickmax (but in the future, I think this will be a brisk 4-7 mile walk)
day 4- GS back/biceps/shoulders + (1) cm seg. & (1) cf seg.
day 5- Low Max (I will probably make this a walk day in the future)
day 6- Muscle Max
day 7- Rest/stretch (this will be stretch match for a while)

Endurance focus
day 1- IMAX3
day 2- Muscle Max- (will probably change to ME or PH after a while)
day 3- Dance workout (not Cathe) & stretch max (or yoga)
day 4- Hi step challenge or circuit intervals
day 5- Hi/Lo intervals or interval blasts
day 6- Muscle Max- with heavy focus (I think the pace on this will lend itself to heavier lifting, I'll have to try it for a while)
day 7- Rest/stretch

I will do this for a few weeks. Evaluate workout placement and how the workouts feel to me. I don't doubt that I will sub in some premixes or parial workouts on some days. I may do some leg work at the gym & I will probably add some pull-ups. Mostly, I want to get an idea of how my body will react to this combination. I have a lot of ideas how I will tweak for my needs. Eventually, I will rotate in functional fitness & circuit rotations. I know that at some point I will do one body part per day.

I try to eat healthy. I do cheat, sometimes a lot. Usually, I eat 3 meals with two or three snacks. Lots of water (no soda for me). I try to get plenty of rest. Nothing earth shattering, just the basics.

As much as we would like there to be a secret, there isn't, just hard work.
jordan

Hi Wendy,

You look gorgeous and in the pictures that I've seen, you are glowing. Enjoy your pregnancy. I know, I always tell you this but listen to your body. When you are ready, and it might be a while because the little one is gonig to run you ragg-ed, we will all chip in with ideas.

Take care,
jordan

Thanks Jordan!

I'm sure it'll take some time for me to get back in "the swing" of working out after my baby is born. I'll get there though! I can't let what will be 3 years (in May) of sweat go to waste!!!:D

Besides the fact, with all of the $$$ I recently spent on the collection of Cathe work outs I now have, I had BETTER keep up with the exercising for YEARS to come or DH may just want to kill me! LMAO!:p :p :p

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Hey, Jordan!!!

Yes, I am still motivated.......even more so that my 4 Hardcores are arriving today (LowMax, CoreMax, MuscleMax and StretchMax) I also bought the 3 gym styles from someone on swap but she won't be getting them until Monday, so I won't get those till next Friday at the earliest. This week has been total craziness but I only skipped yesterday because I'm getting sick (8 out of 20 students absent for me yesterday and the rest are coughing and sneezing like crazy). I knew I'd be bound to get something.

I was reading the boards the other day and saw your one post about sending your DH off again.....I have to give you big hugs for that and how strong you two must be, I don't think I could handle that. But, like you said.....he'll be coming home to one....hot....mama!!! ;) I'm so glad that you answered my plea for help w/ a rotation......Thank-you! Big hugggggs!!!

~Stephanie~

"Happiness is knowing what you are doing next without me saying it!" - Cathe

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.