crew members

GetFit55

Hi Cathe, I'm still X-Training...I just love those workouts LoL question: will Lorraine and/or Deezy (I hope I spelled their names correctly) :D ...will they be in your next new set of DVDs (I really miss those two)? Plus in your next cycle workout...I really love both the Cycle Max and Ride...will we see at least some folks of color...Asian, Latin, Black, etc ...in other words. more Americans from all cultures? :cool: Really looking forward to your new workouts...you are the Best instructor I know :D You keep this 57 year young lady 'motivated' to keep moving! :) Thanks Cathe, keep up the good work :)

Great post. I think Cathe is an equal opportunity exerciser. If you can keep up with her, you're in. :p

Hi Getfit55! Thank you for your excitement. I have used my cast members in my DVD's for many many years. I think Cedie is on her 18th year :eek:. We have grown together like a family and have such wonderful chemistry and comfort together. But every now and then I introduce new cast members because I know there are times when my core cast has things come up and they can't join me on a particular series. I also know that a day may perhaps come when someone might have to move, have a job transfer, or a life change where they may no longer be able to join me any further at all..but I hope not ;)

Filming a DVD is a huge project and a time consuming one that gets done outside of the cast members jobs, family life etc. so I can't have endless days and amounts of rehearsal time or book film days that are spread way far apart. It's too costly and it interrupts their lives too much. So as much as I would love to add cast members of all nationalities, race, color and gender etc. I have many other things I need to consider and address first. Things like do they live close enough to attend all the rehearsals, do they have flexible schedules, can they be available on the days/times I need them, do they have a comfortable camera presence, are they fast learners,etc. This criteria is much more important in order for the production to be a seamless, cost effective and professional production.

I have to say, knowing all that has to be considered to be a cast member, I think we have done a nice job with presenting a cast of mixed race, culture and gender. Thank You for your wonderful question Getfit55 and thank you for working out with us too :)

Hi Cathe, I'm still X-Training...I just love those workouts LoL question: will Lorraine and/or Deezy (I hope I spelled their names correctly) :D ...will they be in your next new set of DVDs (I really miss those two)? Plus in your next cycle workout...I really love both the Cycle Max and Ride...will we see at least some folks of color...Asian, Latin, Black, etc ...in other words. more Americans from all cultures? :cool: Really looking forward to your new workouts...you are the Best instructor I know :D You keep this 57 year young lady 'motivated' to keep moving! :) Thanks Cathe, keep up the good work :)

I think you do a great job of mixing up your cast members:) Plus I like forming a bond with the same people...I say "if she/he can do it then I have to at least try! "

I LOVE seeing my favorite cast members: Cedie, Lorraine, Jai, and Brenda!! Understandably, they all can't be in every production ... and new faces are nice to see ... but if any of my fav 4 were to never return I would miss her terribly! :( After all, they're my workout buddies!

I luv them all. The veterans and the newbies. All I know is every one of them keeps me motivated!

Counting the days until the new workouts.

:D

I LOVE seeing my favorite cast members: Cedie, Lorraine, Jai, and Brenda!! Understandably, they all can't be in every production ... and new faces are nice to see ... but if any of my fav 4 were to never return I would miss her terribly! :( After all, they're my workout buddies!

I agree!

Will Ronda be coming back?

Last edited:
Thanks to GetFit55 for posing this question, and to Cathe for her thoughtful response. As a woman of color who has been a Cathe fan for over 10 years or so, I have appreciated that Cathe has two women of color in her core crew, Jai and Lorraine. Deazie was also wonderful and it was so nice to see her when she was in Cathe's crew as well. I do think that Cathe has a more diverse cast than most instructors, although it's always nice to have more diversity, I think Cathe does a very nice job in this regard.

I also like that she has men in her workouts too, since men seem a little less inclined to do workout videos. I think this is a wonderful act of inclusion that a lot of female instructors don't make a point of doing.

Eva

Someone said it perfectly: Cathe is an equal opportunity exerciser :)

My favorite newbie is Al. He just seems likeable, like someone I could see working out with at the gym, and he seems like he is enjoying the workout too. He has a great smile.

Rhonda was AWESOME! Like Cedie, her face just let you know that she was feeling it right along with you but really enjoying herself too.

For me, the cast can definitely impact the fun factor, and that is something that I feel keeps me coming back.

I miss Lorraine. I get so attached to the core crew that I can't help but wonder why they aren't in a workout or a series..... . I hope Lorraine will be in these new DVD's.

I was really hoping to see Lorraine too :(. Deazie (?) is another crew member that I was hoping would be in more w/o's after the STS/Shock Cardio series :(. Speaking of crew member's, I wish Cathe would do an updated bio on all of them! That would be really cool :cool:.

I was really hoping to see Lorraine too :(. Deazie (?) is another crew member that I was hoping would be in more w/o's after the STS/Shock Cardio series :(. Speaking of crew member's, I wish Cathe would do an updated bio on all of them! That would be really cool :cool:.

I really like Deazie (sp?), too, and would love to see her in more workouts. And I agree about the bios, although I think when Cathe posted bios/introductions of Nancy and Amanda there were some thoughtless comments, so maybe that put her off. OR maybe she's just too busy! :)

It will be fun to see who else pops up during filming!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.