Crazy Strong and Loving It for Nov 9, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I have 2 appointments this morning. I will do my full body workout this afternoon.

Have a great Monday;)

Last edited:
DOMS have set in big time from yesterday's workout. Yikes. Not exactly sure what I'll do today. Maybe Cardio Fusion.

Nora - good job with your CC. I have to wear a brace on my left knee in order to run, do step, or do leg weights even. Better safe than sorry right!

Belinda - thanks for checking out my blog. It's kind of fun to work on.

Actually, I am just glad to read that there is someone out there who is not sure what workout they have planned to do! I need to stick with a rotation!! I start and then throw in the towel for some reason...

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is GS Back then some cardio and core. We had the doors and windows open all weekend so my allergies have gone nuts. My nephew was here until 5pm last nite by the time he left DH and I were exhausted.

Today was Meso 3, Week 4, Disc 35, Plyo Legs. Last Plyo Legs. I can't believe I'm almost done with this rotation. I absolutely loved it. I know I'll probably do it again at the beginning on the new year.

Had a great workout. I liked this mix. 30 second rest between each exercise.

Lateral Step Ups - 20#/12 reps each side
Sit N Stand Up with Jump and Weight in Hand - 8#
Walking Lunges -20's
Reach and Tap Corner of Step with weighted Gloves - 3's
Alternating Side Lunge -20#/12 reps each side
Band Hop One leg and Turn corner hop with other leg
One Legged Deadlifts - 20#/12 reps each side
One Leg Squat Thrust Switch After 15 Seconds - I don't like these, I did regular squat thrusts.
Squats Narrow Stance - 30's/12 reps
Lateral Jumps over Step Platform
Low Lunge/Squat Combo - 12 each side
Slow Jumps Over Step w/3 Risers
Stiff Legged Deadlift -35's/12 reps
Squat Jumps
Static Lunge - 15's/12 reps each side
Quarter Turn Half turn Jumps - 8#/15 reps (these make me dizzy)
One Leg Sit N Slide with Paper Plate - 12#/12 each side
Plyo Jacks
Plie Squats Alternating Hand - 35#/12 reps (these are my favorite)
Tuck Jumps
One Leg Elevated Lunges (BSS) - 15's/12 reps each side
Quarter Turn Half turn Jumps Left Side - 8#/15 reps
Sit N Stands - 15#/12 reps each side
Power Scissors Alternating
Sequential Lunge Into Front Kick Combo - 12's/12 reps each side (these burned)
Slow Air jacks

I'll catch up with the weekend workouts and do personals later when I get some time.

Hi girls,

I just finished GS legs premix “ # 1 Timesaver” 32 min.+ GS back/shoulders & biceps premix “ #1 Timesaver” 36 min. + GS chest & triceps premix “#1 Timesaver” 32 min.:D
I used 15’s for back, shoulders/biceps and triceps I stayed with Cathe. For Chest presses I also lowered my weight to 25BB. For deadlifts I did leg extensions with 20 lb. Had a excellent workout today.

I will be back later!;)

Hi girls!

GREAT workout, Belinda! Glad you had such an awesome day. Happy to see that everything (back, sinuses, etc) seems to be doing well and you're enjoying your workouts!
Debbie, my arse is still sore from Legs days ago! I can't wait to get into the plyo stuff. It's great that you're enjoying STS so much! I hope your mom is settling in back at home.
Heather, maybe just some easy cardio to warm up and stretch out those leg muscles, eh? I'm feeling the same way!
Roxie, hope you have a great workout later with GS. Just keep at it, okay?
I did CC 3 today. I went 3.35 miles in 40 min. With a 5 min stretch I burned 301 cals.
All righty, off to work!
Hello to Chris and Nora! Oooh, it's a nasty day out today - very blustery!!! Are you getting this wind down there, too Nora?
Enjoy your day all!

I ended up doing Cardio Fusion and stability ball abs from Basic Step.

Wendy - it was my upper body that was sore from Discs 30 and 31. I haven't done legs yet this week. Need to psych myself up for Disc 35!!!

Hey Girls!

I did MESO 2 , WEEK 2: DISC 16, Chest, shoulders and triceps. They were "back off" sets. It was ok, I just wasn't feeling my best. I had the H1N1 Flu "Mist" this morning after work and it gave me a little headache and made me even more tired than usual. Ick. But if it protects me from the piggy flu, I'll be happy !!

Nice workouts everyone!

Debbie: I'm sorry, I thought you finished STS last week. Have fun with your last week THIS week!

Heather: Enjoy DOMS! :p Nice job on CF today!

Gotta go, my mom is on the phone...

Did GS Back and Chest.

GS Back:
18 min
9 in the zone
122 min hr
152 max hr
92 cals burned.

Chest:
23 min
3 in the zone
111 min hr
157 max hr
96 cals burned.

Debbie-was I suppose to do extra cardio tonite and am I suppose to do cardio on GS leg day and GS Shoulder and Tricep day it doesn't repeat?

Hi girls!;)

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 2 my short mix= 20 Min
Wup=4:13
Challenge 2= 8:24
S.S/Rest= 3:18
Cool Down= 4:59

Distance=2.0 miles
Calories burned=305

Bpm's= wup-136, challenge 2-148,150,steady state/Rest- 150, Cool down- 145. With the exception of the warm up I was in working in 80-83% of my Max Heart rate. Nice short run was fun.

Pure Strength: Back, Biceps & Abs= 42 Min
Calories burned= 401

I added the cardio coach run because I wasn't happy with what the calorie burn was, so I thought I'd bump it up with that. I know Cathe's November 2009 I'm doing doesn't require it but I try to do a little more when I feel up to it and want to go for it!

Belinda- Nice workout doing the Timesavers from each one of the Gym styles workouts. I haven't tried that but it seem like a great well rounded workout, WTG!!:)

Heather- Cardio Fusion is a fun workout with lots of variety and is tough. Take care with those DOMS. Its nice to know I'm not the only one who wears knee braces in order to run, or do step, or weights! I do that to try and prevent knee problems since dealing with them.

Wrkoutqueen- There are tons of great rotations here at the forum I'm sure there are several that you would enjoy.

Roxie- I hope you'll be able to get some rest tonight then. Nice job on the GS back workout, and you added in some cardio and abs too! Excellent!!

Debbie- Great job with doing STS Meso 3, Disc 35 Plyo Legs!! Those are very challenging but fun. I know I definitely felt like I'd accomplished alot when I did that. STS is definitely a challenge and does make you break through fitness plateaus at levels that are customized for what you are capable of so you can really challenge yourself. I'm a fan of STS, I know there were a few workouts that seemed tedious but I stuck with it. I'm glad I did.

Wendy- Don't ya just love Cardio Coach. WTG, on Cardio Coach 3 today. I really enjoy doing Cardio Coach and feel so energized afterwards. I do mine on a treadmill that can adjust incline on it. Great job on your Cardio Coach workout today!;)

Chris- I know how hard STS Meso 2, Disc 16 is doing chest, shoulders and triceps. Upperbody weights is always much more difficult for me than legs. I'm working hard to improve my upperbody strength which STS has really helped me immensely. Its Da Bomb! WTG on your workout today!
Take care and don't get the flu!;)

That's it for me today girls, have a great restful evening and I'll seeya at tomorrow's check in.;)

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Hi girls,

Sorry, I don't have a lot of time for personals these days, all those appointments keep me busy:D

Heather, nice job on our DOMS! Nice job on CF today.

Debbie, great job with doing STS Meso 3, Disc 35 Plyo Legs! I can’t believe you almost done with STS. Glad you having fun. Do you think I can do STS Meso1 ? Off course, I have to keep the weights light. Just to change things up!

Workoutqueen, here are all the rotations. Have fun!

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236588
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236223
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249348

Wendy, nice job on your DOMS! WTG, on CCV3 today.

Roxie, nice job on the UB wotkouts.

Chris, hope you feeling better. WTG, on D16.

Nora, as always nice job on your workouts today.

This is it for me! Good night!

I'm doing IMAX3 when I get home this afternoon:) I just have to stick with a good plan to get this weight off!!! I've got 10 pounds to lose and I've got to STOP eating all this morning coffee cake at work!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.