Convince me!

dcat

Cathlete
I want to pre-order the new dvd's tomorrow. I had no problem jumping from vcr to dvd. I like the dvd's, unfortunately, I'm not as convinced that I'd use the downloads as much. I have an ipod but...my workout area uses an older tv so I'm not sure I could use it there. Time-wise, I'm having trouble just making up my own music playlists let alone mixing Cathe workouts.

But despite my reluctance, I don't want to miss out. The deadline to download the shock cardio dvds for free w/ the coupon this past May came and went so fast I missed it by two days by the time I got around to it :( I'm still bummed by that. I don't want to feel the same way in a year when everything is changing and I have to catch up! I don't want to be left behind. Will SNM always offer a dvd option or will you be ditching that for all downloads eventually?

I'll watch your commercials but the first one really didn't convince me yet. And since the preorder starts tomorrow, I need convincing now before I dish out the extra $$$.
Thanks!

I also missed the deadline for the downloads :(
and I also want to preorder but am completely confused about which to buy........download or dvd .
I am not sure either why the downloads this time cost the same as the dvd ..??? In the past weren't the downloads cheaper ?
One major confusion for me also is , if I get the downloads, do I have to do the workout off my little laptop or is there a way to get it onto the TV ?? Maybe I'm a moron , or just completely out of the loop, but I don't have a clue.
Becky

Last edited:
I'm not trying to push this, but you might want to take advantage of our special for $99.97 for both the DVDs and the downloads. If you think about it this special is not much more than the DVD only price and you also get free shipping.

DVDs and downloads each have their own advantages and problems. At this point in time which is best for you is hard to say and different people will have different opinions. I would strogly suggest that you at the very least try one of our cheaper downloads as a test before making a decision. If you can hook up a VCR to your TV you can hook up an iPod to it. You will have to purchase the right cable though.

As for DVDs becoming obsolete, yes this will happen as it does to all forms of technology - but it will not happen soon and it will take downloads several years to replace DVDs. Eventually, you will purchase all of your TV shows, movies, and Fitness Workouts as downloads.

How to play a Download

I also missed the deadline for the downloads :(
and I also want to preorder but am completely confused about which to buy........download or dvd .
I am not sure either why the downloads this time cost the same as the dvd ..??? In the past weren't the downloads cheaper ?
One major confusion for me also is , if I get the downloads, do I have to do the workout off my little laptop or is there a way to get it onto the TV ?? Maybe I'm a moron , or just completely out of the loop, but I don't have a clue.
Becky

We really don't want you to use your computer to play our downloads. Instead you just need to purchase a cable to connect your iPod to almost any TV. Your iPod acts as your DVD player, just a lot smaller and it stores your workouts too.

We really don't want you to use your computer to play our downloads. Instead you just need to purchase a cable to connect your iPod to almost any TV. Your iPod acts as your DVD player, just a lot smaller and it stores your workouts too.

I'm really not looking forward to the thought of purchasing an Ipod either....

Buy the downloads if you want to use the Workout Blender.
You can always burn the digital files to a DVD before investing in an iPod and Cable or multimedia drive.

First of all .. I am excited to learn of Cathe's new workouts and I've never missed a presale since I found her back in 2003 but I'm not sure what to do either.
I don't own an Ipod and don't want one. I could lose an Ipod so easily and I'd be out my whole collection of workouts. Do we have forever downloads if we buy them or is it a one time download and then you have to repay?

Also,I live in Minneapolis, and this goofy city has very slow DSL. It won't be upgraded for quite some time. I couldn't use my lap top for hours at a time when I downloaded the Shock Cardio workouts. Will the new downloads be city dependent for speed of download?

I don't use the downloads I have of Shock Cardio unless I'm traveling because they're not chaptered. I have to fast forward or back like a tape recorder.Will the new download workouts be chaptered or will I have to use the Workout Blender? Is the Workout Blender free? Do I have to do all of the mixing to use the Workout Blender or will you have premixes already made.
Time is a huge issue for me. I need to look at my rotation - pop in the workout- and go. I'm not a "premix-mish-mosh" guru although I respect those who can spend the time to make up new workouts. I rely on Cathe for that. :) I know you have videos I can watch to find informaiton but I have to go and get today's workout in before I take my DS to his Tae Kwan Doh class and then make dinner.
Thanks,
Colleen

Chapters

All of our current downloads have chapters including the Shock Cardio ones you currently have. You're not seeing the chapters because you're probably not using an Apple product to view them. The m4v file format is only supported by Apple. If you use Quick Time on a PC you will see the chapters. If you use an ipod touch you just click the menu button and then select the chapter you want to go to.

The Workout Blender is Free, but until we release the WB beta 2.0 you will need to create any premix yourself. Don't worry, we've made it simple to do. With the WB 2.0 release you will automatically be able to recreate a premix from ones we provide (like the ones on our DVDs) or the premixes your fellow Cathletes create.

Our new workouts will have a file size of about 1 gig each, so you do want to make sure you have a reliable DSL or cable connection. I would never recommend trying to download using wireless.

Hi SNM! Hi Ladies!

SNM: Question - Will the new premixes we create take up disc space or will they work more like a playlist and draw from existing files whenever we use it without taking up memory?

On the other question about the downloads.

1. You don't HAVE to use them on an iPod unless you plan on using them at the gym or when you travel.

2. I put mine on a Mac Mini which is connected to my tv, so my workouts play on my flatscreen beautifully!

I have all the downloads and I love them! The only thing I miss (missed at this point) were the premixes and, now, that issue is solved!

Also, I don't have much storage space in my house, so that saves me from having to try to find a place to organize all my workout DVDs and they are easier to skim through to find what I want on those days I'm not sure what workout to do!

Just a few reasons to consider the downloads.

All of our current downloads have chapters including the Shock Cardio ones you currently have. You're not seeing the chapters because you're probably not using an Apple product to view them. The m4v file format is only supported by Apple. If you use Quick Time on a PC you will see the chapters.

Why is it that in order to see the chapters we have to use Apple? It would be nice if you made these in a format where, if played on Windows media, or any other type of player we could see the chapters. I understand that your intent is use an ipod, but many of use don´t have/want/need one. I simply use my external hard drive hooked up to my TV to watch the downloads, but it sure would be nice to have the options of the chapters without depending on Apple.

Well, it seems like you can have the downloads on your computer only with iTunes (and be able to see the chapters), and iTunes is free. Thanks for this post...I just figured out how to tap into the chapters on the downloads I have! Cool!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.