CoNtRoL the DaMaGe in Aug!

Good Morning...still being optimistic here.

Had a pretty interesting trip home but I made it home. My flight was delayed out of Winnipeg, by 45 mins which wasn't a BIG deal but I did only have little over an hour in Toronto and I wanted to feed and dress the baby for bed there. I don't know what time we actually left Winnipeg but the delay was more then 45 mins. When we were getting ready to land in Toronto the flight attendant made the announcement that a few connections could not be made and that we were rerouted. As soon as I turned my phone on I received my itinerary change and it wasn't a nice one. I would have left and arrived in another airport at 3:20 a.m, and left for home at 9 a.m. Who comes up with this stuff? They knew I was traveling with an infant...must have been a man:mad: Im assuming that they just booked me on the next available flight. Anyway....when I got off of the plane I had to find a tv with arrival and departures but of course I had to walk quite a ways to find that...then I had to back track b/c my gate was in the area I had left (add this to a hungry baby), when I found my gate to get her to switch my flight they were just boarding my original flight! I was so relived! It was almost 2 before I made it home. It feels good to be home. I'm still sad but I think after a couple of days I will be o.k.

So with that being said, I need to figure out my workout plans for the day. I should probably do a circuit or something. I weighed and have about 3 lbs gone. Who knew one day of stress could have that effect?

Wendy** I let my ring grow over after I had DS. I put it in a few times but ended up leaving it out and now its grown over. I tried to squeeze it in the other day but it was a no go...oh well! I doubt I will ever get it done again now. But you enjoy that new ring~! I think its so pretty!

I will check back in later. I forgot how noisy this place is!

Lori:)

WED - man this has been a LONG week!

Morning Ladies!!

My ear is still buggin me .. ggrrrrrr .. DN was sick so SIL had to stay home .. so changed up my plans .. decided to wait till today for heavy weights so she could join me .. then tonight Xfactor workout! The rain cleared and it was a bit cooler - although it was REALLY muggy heavy air .. I went for run outside .. man sooooo much better than TM .. and I felt strong .. went just over 4 miles in 45 min .. I was DRENCHED .. the air was soooooo wet and heavy! It did NOT help my sinus problem tho .. I was worse last night .. back on sudafed today! my eyes are swollen .. and my ears are ringing .... gggrrrrrrr ..

Wendy .. LOOOOVE the belly button jewelry!! LUV IT!! and saw the nails in the picture too .. too cool!~ you look awesome .. ready to rock your cruise!!

Lori .. hope you made it home safely! I know what you mean about rude people when you travel .. when we go to the keys .. the further down we get the RUDER people are ...you are paying them money and they treat you like you shouldnt be there .. ugh .. and I am not one to speak up when someone breaks in line or cuts me off .. but by the time i spend a week down there I am being rude right back at them .. RUDE @$$ people .. makes me appreciate HOME and SOUTHERN hospitality for sure (south FL doesnt go by Southern Hospitality AT ALL)

DI - hoping your sister is better - do let us know!

OK .. have a great day .. will bbl to see what everyone is up to .. ALL the girls in my work group have PMS monster on them :confused::confused::confused: and we ALL are ILL as H## and these CRAZY @$$ customers dont help things...:mad:... come on FRIDAY!!!!!!

Good Morning Ladies...oh wait...it's afternoon already! OOPS! :p

Ok, my work out is done! Cardio Super Sets Express 1-4 Premix plus Kundalini Bootcamp 50m Yoga Flow and Core Power mix that I created.

Good stuff! Time for a shower and lunch! :D

Lori:: Wow, lucky you to get on your original connecting flight after all of that! Must've made all that running around with a hungry baby worth it huh? :eek: I took my bb ring out with my pregnancy and never had it put back in. I tried to do it myself but I got grossed out. I always meant to have it put in but never did so finally had it re-pierced at some point a few years ago. This is already the 4th ring I've put in! Unfortunately I lost the first 2 after I had them replaced and they weren't cheap. :(

Laura:: Sorry about your ear. Great run! Thanks re my bb ring and my nails. I had my toes done in a french so my hands and toes look coordinated but aren't done the exact same way. Yes I am ready for my cruise! SOOOOOO ready!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Diana:: How are you holding up? Anything new to report on your sister's condition? (((HUGS)))

BBL!:cool:

people SUCK -

didnt get good news on legal front - now my tummy is rebelling again (stress) - just one more affirmation that my faith in human nature is lost -arrogance -evil - hypocrisy and greed always seem to win out :(:(:( trying to keep my inside voice calm and pulled together but it is hard (especially at work) - I really would like the beat the sense back into the buerocracy that has become common place in this world and life :(

I did manage a good heavy weight work at lunch - before being sickened by this BS ...

planning on doing Xfactor still after work .. if stomach will allow me .. think my BP and sanity needs some kind of release!!!

Hi Girls

I'm not sure where I got the energy from for my workout but when I got on the tm I felt good to go. I did AB mixed in with some runs, plus HR abs.

Wendy** I think i had mine pireced a couple of times too and I remember thinking that my body was going to reject the last time but it didn't. I probably won't bother getting it done again. I know how long it takes to heal, I don't have time for that:) Nice workout as usual.

Laura** you feel the same way today as I did yesterday. I barely ate. I didn't feel that great earlier either. I weighed today and I was 3 lbs lighter then when I left. I figured I was going to gain cause we had some nice meals but I guess that one day of being stressed fixed that! You will get through it....just like I will. And I agree...people are evil!

I may bbl tonight. I am going to my inlaws house for dinner, talking to DH and hopefully to bed early!

Hi Ladies,

I tried doing BM2 Cardio Blast premix today at lunch, but the girls were being antsy so I only completed about 40 minutes of it and did the ab work too. It was better than nothing I suppose. I had a stomachache anyway....from eating a banana before my w/o. GGRRRR:mad:

The girls want to take a bath in the master bath's jetted tub. I told them they can take a bath in there before bed tonight. Grandma is working from home today. I did Cardio Supersets yesterday morning.

My sister is doing much better today. Her fever is coming down and her pain is under control. She was really out of it when I was there last. With DS1 back at work it's hard to get to the hospital in the evenings.

Lori-glad you made it home safely. You didn't even miss a single workout did you?:) I can use some of your energy. Maybe that 3lb loss is from making up 6 mos of sex in 4 days!:p;) Maybe I should give that method a try!

Laura-sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for.{{HUGS}} You are rockin' those w/o's anyway...you go girl! Hope your ear feels better and it isn't something serious. I'm thinking of getting back on the WW bandwagon. My eating isn't what it should be and WW really gets me eating all those free veggies! Wish I could get back to running, but running in the 90+ degree weather doesn't agree with me.

Wendy-yay for vacation! You will have a wonderful time! The new nails and belly button ring are very nice. I've never changed my belly button ring, love the sapphire that I have in. No one but DH ever sees it anyway. I dont know why I don't pick any up for me, I buy them for my nieces all the time.

bbl

Good Morning. :)

Not waiting for Lori this morning but she may be typing right now and beat me to posting anyway so we'll see. LOL

Originally today was supposed to be a f/b LF work out but I am changing that to a yoga only day and will do LF tmrw.

Diana:: Your GDs are adorable!!! I would change my BB ring more often if I wasn't such a chicken about doing it myself! Perhaps it's a good thing then!!!! :eek: Well, for our bank account anyway! LOL ;):p Oooh a jetted tub! I gotta put that on my "wish list" for the next house! Did the girls have fun at bath time last night? :)

That's all for now but BBL!:cool:

Good Morning:)

Nope....I wasn't quite up WENDY!:p Im not taking care of the girls this week b/c they have French camp so I don't have to be up until I'm woken up by someone:D. This morning DS woke but he didn't go to sleep until later, I thought he would have slept later. The baby had a hard time settling last night. I'm guessing that he was overtired but he should be caught up now. It wasn't hard getting him back to our old routine.

I don't have much happening here today. I need to get some groceries, workout and that's it.

Diana** I'm happy to hear your sister is doing well. I was a little concerned yesterday when you hadn't checked in. Your granddaughters are beautiful! I am sure they are enjoying their stay with you two. I hope grandma and grandpa aren't spoiling them to much:p. Your still young enough to know that you can't let kids control you....my mother is a lost cause.

Wendy** it's a good thing you didn't wait for me;). Wouldn't want you to be sitting around twiddling your thumbs! Enjoy your workout!

I will bbl to report. We also have soccer at 11, not sure if we are going or not.

THURS .. what a loooong week this has been..

Xfactor last night was FUN - and it helped relieve some stress .. DOMS: shoulders, core and legs (xfactor and weights) .. I have tweaked my damned shoudler again .. I am just old and falling apart! Today was to be yoga at lunch ..but gonna make it my rest day .. give the body a rest from the workouts this week -since we all have had a SH###y week .. the girls are getting together tonight for drinks ... just to unwind and try to have a few laughs! (if that is possible)

Wendy - when do you leave for your cruise??? hope you have smooth saililng .. didnt you say you were leaving from your coast? there are 2 systems they are watching .. but I think they will be out of the way by the time you get to going!

Lori - welcome home - hoping things settle back in for you!!

Di - your DGD are beautiful! saw the pics on FB .. BOY they have grown!! WOW!!! I know you are loving it ...

OK .. better run ... gonna be a long day .. I have beens staying up watching the olympics every night ..it is killing me .. LOL .. b/c I dont get to sleep for some time after I go to bed ..ugh! have a great one!

Hey, I'm back and my work out is done.:D

I did an XFlowsion trio of Body Blast, Amazing Abs and Calm Down Dog. The work outs ranged from 23 to 27 mins each making a total work out time of 76 mins. It was just enough for today...:)

Not sure what else is up for today. I don't have any sort of plan as of yet...I guess I'll do stuff around the house until DS starts buggin' me to take him out somewhere...:p

So Kohl's last night was interesting...went there with 2 men and 1 boy. They all walked out with a sh*t load of stuff and I (the one woman in the crowd) bought only one single solitary thing (a cute little casual black dress)!!!! WTH!?!? The coupon is still good though so I might just have to go back tomorrow while DS is at camp!!! ;)

Laura:: I leave on Sunday! :D Oh how convenient that you tweaked your shoulder the evening before a scheduled yoga work out so you must rest instead! You really think I am going to believe that!?!? HAH! :p:D We've been up later then usual watching the Olympics as well so I feel your pain...:rolleyes:

Lori:: Sounds like a good day for an extra long work out for you! I know you will enjoy it too so long as your children let you do it! ;) Have fun!

Hi Ladies,

My sister is doing better and will probably be released on Saturday or Sunday! I'm not sure how long she will be home from work though, I'm guessing at least a few weeks.

No workout this morning, DH had something else in mind!;):p

I'm just waiting to get this darn Tri over with this weekend. Who knows, maybe I will love it and want to do more...NOT. I do plan on taking swim lessons in January, that would make all the difference for me. If I was more comfortable and confident in the water then these triathlons wouldn't be so daunting.

Wendy-nice long yoga w/o today...you are awesome. I'll be thinking of you while I'm trying make it through the swim portion and you'll be drinking on the ship!! I will be with you in spirit...those thoughts should help me through the swim!!:)

Laura-Nice try girl, you no Wendy will never believe that!!:D I feel your pain though. I seem to have all these aches and pains now too, damn aging! My shoulder has been really bothering me lately too. I'm actually considering a cortizone shot. You've been working your butt off, enjoy the weekend! Your body reaps the benefits of your hard work while resting.

Lori-you never miss a beat...right back on track with your daily routine and workouts! I had a hard time getting 40 mins in with the girls, you are amazing!!

bbl

Good Morning

Hoping for a better day today. I had to deal with more business crap yesterday. I didn't have anything to do with DH's business, he had a partner....why are people phoning me??? I had to deal with something yesterday that was in DH's name and the lady who phoned wasnt very nice to me. Finally I snapped at her....I never EVER say boo to anyone but she got a earfull yesterday...and then DH got one last night. So...no workout yesterday, just wasn't in the mood. Can you believe I just said that!? My plan was to workout in the evening, went downstairs around 9, was putting my shoes on and realized that I was just to tired. Physically and emotionally drained...so I opted to shower and watch some tv. Today I will make up for it

Wendy** no extra long workout for moi. You did it for me:p. Who knows...maybe I will workout twice today...lol. I'm trying to think of some kind of rotation I can create. There are just to many workouts I like and not enough time. Part of me would like to create a asylum/ cathe rotation....but yet if I plan on doing that half marathon, I should probably start running more and a little longer. Little black dresses never go astray!

Diana** glad to hear your sister is doing well. Now you can let out a big sigh of relief. I never use to enjoy racing but there is something about the feeling once your done. I'm on the fence about the half Mary cause I haven't been running that far. One of my friends ended up being bullied into running another race that same weekend with here coworkers and it's a tough one! Lol. I'm so glad I'm not training for that one again. When I did it before I was already running 15k a day so I had a good base. I know I wouldn't beat my previous times and that would really bother me. I didn't realize I was so competitive!

I'll bbl, there's s poopy pamper calling my name. I'm thinking weights and cardio. Probably UB and a run...

Good Morning Ladies,

We had a team building event yesterday afternoon, it was on the Denver Bike Bar. You can check it out here: Denver Bike Bar We basically bar hopped, think we went to 4 or 5 bars. It was fun, but I'm wishing it was Saturday today instead of workday Friday. We stopped at a place that had scorpion shots, yes with a scorpion in them. Only 2 people from our group tried those. They also have pickle shots that I heard were pretty good.

I'm not feeling coordinated enough for stepping this morning but will do 4DS KB/BC premix. Something to get the blood pumping this morning.:)

Lori-not in the mood to w/o....that's a first! Sorry you're having to deal with Business stuff that you shouldn't have to. Can't DH's partner take care whatever is needed while DH is away? I haven't decided what to do after the triathlon, I'm seriously considering STS though.

Hi Wendy & Laura-bbl to see what you two are up to.

TGIF finally!

Morning Ladies ..

I am glad to be putting this ffffd up week behind me!! We had a great GGT .. just my close BFFS and it was a MUCH needed release! MY VBF always helps put things in perspective for me .. I know my situation is screwed and it is a bad time for me right now .. but wow .. what she has to handle makes me feel bad for thinking my situation is so bad :( I really dont see how she has her sanity .. I dont think I could handle what she does w/the grace she handles it! We did managed some laughs .. lots of CABS .. and some not so clean eats :eek: :p

DI - WOW .. I want a team building assignment like that!! :p:p :D:D I bet I could come up w/all sorts of good ideas while tossing back some cabs and shots :eek: they have those biker bars in England ..saw some on the Olympic coverage .. ya .. that is my kind of work assignment .. woot woot! Congrats on your sis doing better .. :)

Lori - OMG .. I feel your pain .. I am sorry you had such a stressfull and crappy day .. you prbly needed to skip the workout!! My DH works full time and so do I .. and he has a side business that is causing all our problems .. ya .. I WISH he would let me handle those people .. I would take care of them and tell them a few things that I need to get off my mind .. that is for sure :confused: :eek: hoping today is better!

Wendy .. that pic of Joey and the hamster and dog is priceless .. you need to frame that .. how sweet!!!! Whats on the agenda for today?

OK .. I am outta here in a bout an hour or so .. woohooo .. early start to a much needed weekend .. and end to a sh#!!y week!!!! Not sure if a workout will be fit in today .. me and DH have errands .. then a DATE NIGHT .. but never fear .. I plan on getting in a vigorous FUN workout tonight!!;);):p:p have a good one!

Gah! I had a goodly amount of a post written out. I hit the wrong button and *poof*, it was gone in an instant!:confused::mad:

Let me try this again!!!:rolleyes:

Good Afternoon! :)

This morning's work out was this f/b LF work out:: Bikini So Teeny Workout : @LovingFit
plus 42 minutes of my Cardio Stretch and Strengthen kundalini yoga dvd. :)

Tomorrow's plan is to finally do TTM in full!!!

Laura:: I hope you have a much better weekend then the week you had! (((HUGS))) Thanks re the pic. I just wish that the hamster wasn't facing the other way! :rolleyes:

Diana:: Wow, sounds like a fun meeting minus the scorpion shots! :eek: LOL Soooo happy to hear that your sister is on the mend. That's fantastic news!!! :) Wait a minute - weren't you supposed to do a P90X2 rotation when you finished this tri, young lady!? You thought you could slip that by us but HAH! I caught you! :p LOL

Lori:: Oh boy. Your work out may never end today after missing y'day's!!!!:eek::D;):p You are gonna need to make an entirely separate post just to explain to us everything that you did! LOL You SHOULD do an asylum/cathe rotation b/c I want you to motivate me to start putting Insanity back into my routine for a while!

That's all for now but BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Hi Girls

My workout was 3.5 miles on the TM, 30/30 and GS B,B&S. See...that wasn't to bad:p. I am tempted to do legs tonight though....just need to see how boring my day is. Although I take boring over yesterday's day!

Diana** I noticed on FB that you were in all kinds of locations and I thought it must be wrong cause you are usually low key! Hope you had a fun evening! I never did get crazy results with STS, probably b/c I didn't do the 1RM testing! I wish DH's partner would take control of this stuff but it was something that was in DH's name. I guess his partner was taking care of his side of it....should have passed me the bills in the meantime. I am still upset with DH about it.

Laura** Glad to hear you had a good evening with the gals. Sometimes being with others is all you need. I haven't had a girls night in a while. I should try to get them over for a game of cards. I thought about going to my parents this weekend but when I come home I just feel lonelier then before. So I am going to stay put and do some cleaning and gutting.

Wendy** Now...I don't think I would attempt the original insanity and cathe. Those workouts always had a dread factor for me. But I really liked Asylum.

I think Im gonna clean out the freezer...see what I can find:rolleyes:

Hi Ladies,

Today is packet pickup for the tri tomorrow. My training partner is coming over at 10 and then we'll be heading out. I'm a little nervous about the race today, but I'm sure I'll be fine once we start. A cardio session may be in store just too work off some nervous energy.

Lori-That was me, bar hopping for a team building event! You'll definitely see results if you do the 1RM testing. The progressive nature of STS has you increase your weights each week. I started doing barbell curls with 35lbs and at the end was lifiting over 50lbs. Not really sure that it matters, whatever you are doing works for you!! Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Wendy-I know...I know...you totally busted me! I just want to do something familiar for a while and not have to learn new w/o's. Before I know it XTRAIN will be here and then I can start that. I never did complete all the Asylum workouts either. Have fun packing today!! When will you be back?

Laura-it was a fun event, not sure I would consider it a team building event though. Sometimes all you need is a little perspective. This obviously doesn't take away your issue, but it's helps to hear that others have issues too. What are your weekend plans?

bbl

Good Afternoon Ladies. :)

This morning I had to drive Junior (the hamster) and all of his belongings up to my mom's house as she is his hamster-sitter while we are gone. :)
By the time I got home it was time for lunch and then I was busy packing after that. I got most of it done...just a few odds n ends plus toiletries to go that I will take care of later and/or in the morning! :D

I was getting changed to finally do my work out at about 2:30 when DH decided that he wanted to cut the grass. Normally this would not make a difference but Joey has a friend over so one of us need to be around to keep an eye in the kids so I am waiting until DH is done to do TTM...It's okay though coz I'd probably find a way to stall anyway since I'm askeered! :eek::p LOL

Diana:: LOL - Somehow I see P90X2 waiting several more months yet!:p Some day I will eventually do another STS rotation! :rolleyes: It's a great program and I got good results when I coupled it with WW but I just personally prefer a different style of training so it's hard to make the committment to it, ykwim? :eek: I will be back from vacation on Sunday, btw.

Lori:: I know you are considering Asylum and not Insanity but they are both Insanity programs technically and maybe if you are doing the Asylum it will motivate ME to do Insanity! Got it now? :p Oh and btw, your work out y'day was not NEARLY long enough! :p:p:p

Guess that's all for now...My coffee cup is nearing empty and hopefully DH will be done soon so I can get my sweat on! ;)

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Me again....just popping in to say my training partner wants me to do a HM with her in 5 weeks. I know I can run 6 miles, but I'm not sure about 13 miles. We will make our final decision on Monday, since there is a $13 discount if we register on the 13th of the month. It's still pretty expensive since we are signing up on this late date. Oh, and to top it off I haven't been running other than bootcamp, which is intermittent mixed in with other exercises.

hhmmmm.....

Wendy-have a great vacation!!!

Hey Girls

Can't believe I didn't check in this morning:eek:. I kept pretty busy all day. I did my workout this morning, then cleaned the play room, my friend stopped by with her newborn, went to my inlaws for dinner and here I am.

My workout today was 20 mins on the TM, DWP and GS C&T. I decided to start digging out some rooms so I started with the basement and the playroom. If I can tomorrow will be the laundry room, where there is a closet full of clothes:confused:.

Diana** good luck on the tri tomorrow. I'm sure you will do great. A half in that short of notice might be tough. I'm thinking about doing one in oct and I havent ran much further then 12 k in a while so I really need to up that. It's hard to do with DH gone though. I'm sure my inlaws would watch the boys for me. Also school is just around the corner and I should be able to get longer runs in with DS in school.

Wendy** ok...then maybe I will come up with some kind of plan, then I will rant and rave about how fabulous I look:rolleyes:...then you will want to follow in my foot steps:p. Now I just need to find the time to figure out what I am going to do....

I will bb in the a.m. I'm watching recorded shows of Y&R and the dragons den....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.