Confused on what DVD to get next

valerieh

Could you please advise me on which DVD I should get next. I bought the stepper at Walmart (hate the stepper) which included your DVD called Basic Step (love it). I was going to step areobics twice a week at the "Y" but they kept changing instructors and no made the class flow. I went searching for my own stepper and workout tape. I've been doing the basic step dvd for about 3 weeks now for four times a week. Didn't do any last week but started again Monday. I know that in a couple of weeks this DVD will get easy for me if I do it like I have been. So I've been seaching the website to find another one. I don't want to get something I can't do right now but something a little more advanced. What is your suggestion?

I am 5/'5
210 pounds (used to be 250)
working out at home now.

I have the following equipment

Stepper with one riser (thinking about getting a new one)
8 pound dumbells
Stability ball
Basic Step DVD

I need help so when I'm ready to step it up, I have the tools to do it.

Help!!!

not cathe but i would suggest low impact step that also has a body sculpting workout on it and 3 premixes of both workouts. like getting 5 in one.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Hi Valeri and welcome:) Here is a link to a list of all of Cathe's dvd ranking from easist to hard and it tells you what each workout is ie: weight with steps, cardio with steps, weight and cardio and so on. It is listed under the forum Video & DVD Questions and Comments and the title is called UPDATED "ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CATHE'S WORKOUTS. Here is the direct link to it http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=46835&mesg_id=46835&page=

HTH:) and best of luck!!

Thank you, I was thinking of that one but I didn't know if the step part included more than the basic step DVD.

Step aerobics is something I can stick to and I want no excuses this winter.

Ok, I checked it out and I think I will get the Step basic with body fusion (I think that's what it is called). I think I need another stepper though. My seems like a cheapie (smile)
Have you ever tried that Step Jam?

does your step look like the ones in the workout just smaller. that is the one i have(live in a small apartment) i seem to work pretty well with it. i have to order extra risers for it though.

and yes the basic step dvd that cathe sells on the site has 5 workouts on it. basic step,body fusion(which is cardio and weight intervals),upper body,lower body, and abs.

i don't know if you are intersted in vhs but all vhs tapes are on sale and the "how to get in shape for your wedding" is a great workout. its two workout with not to hard choreography step and light weight workout for total body conditioning. i haven't done step jam b/c i believe that is on one of her combo dvds. i was just grabbing the vhs workouts that are not offered on dvd.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Hi Valerie! Glad to have another Ohioan join our group! :7 Is the step you got with your pkg. shorter then the one Cathe usually uses in her workouts? If you are serious about stepping, which I can tell you are hooked, then you will want to get the full-size one if you have the room. If so, here is a link to the full size one:

http://www.thestep.com/html/stepco.htm

Here is another link if you'd like to get a multi-colored step:

http://www.fwonline.com/stp.htm

WELCOME to Cathe's. We look forward to "seeing" you here!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi!

You can also purchase the full size original health club step with risers at Wal-Mart for $57. With shipping, it runs about $70. Your local Wal-Mart might be able to order it for you so you don't have to pay shipping. It would be worth checking out!

I'm asking for the full size step for Christmas and the Basic Step/Body Fusion dvd so I can get started with Cathe. Good Luck!

I think that may be the one I have but I guess it doesn't seem as duralble as the ones in the Gym. It's working for me right now with the DVD I have but I was thinking that maybe I should buy another one to accomodate more of the DVD's. I went to a sports store and reebok had one that was adustable instead of the risers. I may go back and get that one. By the way I have nothing against VHS but I don't have a VCR anymore. I'm asking for the combo for Christmas (smile)

Thank you so for much for responding to my e-mail.

Valerie

I posted another reply earlier but I just wanted to thank you for the links. As I said in another reply I saw a reebok stepper that was ajustable to rise. I may go to the sports store and see if they still have that one. I also saw a step body fusion set at Targer today that included the ball and weight and stepper and one riser but I already bought all that. I wish I would have went their first. Our Walmart doesn't have a variety of things. But were are about to get a SUPERWALMART!!!! Can't wait.

Valeri,
I just wanted to add that I got my first step at wal mart and it is probaly the same one that you have. It came with basic step, but I already had basic step and body fusion, which is great by the way, so I gave away the dvd. I used the step for a couple of weeks, but I wanted the full sized one and bought it off the link here on Cathe's website. I love the full size one and if you ever plan to purchase the high step, it would be your best bet. Good luck to you and congratulations on the weight you have lost already!:D

Shawna

Thank you very much. Is the basic step with body fusion step it up a little more than the first the basic step? I was thinking about buying that one for my next DVD. But I want to get one that it a step above the basic step?

Valerie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.