Commit to get FIT & Lean for May 2014!

'Evening!
Belinda, I've been wanting to get one of those hand-held steamers! I am so tired of ironing. $8 is a real bargain. What brand is it?
Amelia, did you go garage sale shopping also? For the past eight years, I've held two main jobs with various other responsibilities, but they decided I'm really needed on the one and it should be full time. So I agreed, doing one main job will make my life easier. Still have a lot of thinking to do on my five-year plan, but it is a great process to think about. I have one for things around the house, and it works well.
Vicky, I'm half Mexican - my dad is, but we don't do much for it. Some years we'll have a dinner or picnic. Seems lately more Americans are celebrating it. Glad it is working out with the new dog. How was your dd's recital?
Kristin, I always grin when you talk about your dog - your love for him comes thru. Are you thinking about the FL rt? Wish I could go to the NJ one this year, but I'll be away.
Deb, sounds like you'll have a busy week coming up. Mother's Day must cause stress for your job.
Kelly, how are you doing?
Well, around 10 am on Friday, dh changed his mind and wanted to do the NY walk. After work had to run home, pack a bag, and then we drove down. My fitbit said yesterday we walked over 36 miles in 11 hours. Have blisters on the heel of one foot and my left itb was reminding me of its existence the last mile or so. Was so tired we each only had one beer to celebrate completing. Today walked over Brooklyn Bridge, saw WTC Memorials and met ds3 for brunch. Think walking around today helped with leg muscles working out tiredness, b/c now feel good.
Cookie

Hi,

I slept almost 9 hours but woke up with a migraine & upset stomach. By the afternoon my period came after being over a week late (usually it's a week early:rolleyes:). Oddly it made me feel better, after feeling like crap all week. I didn't get my workout in because I ended up doing work around the house.

Belinda - What were you up to today? Trying out all your new finds;)

Kristin - Is Baxter worn out after you walk him? It would be great if you can come to the FL rt. I haven't priced out the ticket yet but they say to fly to Orlando for better prices & times.

Cookie - Is your 5-year plan around the house for projects or to clean-up? We may need a roof which will be a big expense. I saw in the Kohl's flyer that Fitbit is on sale & I have a coupon may check it out tomorrow when I work. I think this week will be tough for Mother's Day, one step away from the display & it could be a mess.

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

Yesterday was my birthday, I drank and ate like crap:confused: Glad this weekend is over:p

Cookie - Amazon.com - Scunci SS1000 Hand Held Steam Cleaner with Attachments - Scunci Household Portable Steamer and Amazon.com - Scunci 52068 Floor Steamer Accessory Kit for Scunci Hand Held Steamer - Carpet Steam Cleaners. I got both for $7:eek: Both were still in plastic. We have a sliding door frame bottom which catches a lot of dirt from the dogs/rain. I usually have to use a sharp knife to get the dirt out. I was like 7 bucks for both sets, WTH? :eek: WOW, that's a lot of walking. Glad you had fun.

Debbie - sorry you felt like crap this weekend. How are you feeling today? I didn't do much yesterday, except eat and drink:) I tried out the steamer as soon as I came home on Friday. I think for $7, I did good:eek: I couldn't pass this deal up. It was never used, everything was still in plastic;) I also bought a brand new, big garbage can for only $5. Not too bad!

Kirstin - glad you had fun with weekend too. I also eat and drank a little too much.Need to eat clean all week long:eek: You sure getting lots of steps in with Baxter.

I will be back after my workout. Have a great day, everyone.

Hi,

I took a yoga class today. I feel so much better today (damm hormones) . . . did I ever say in my next life I'm coming back as a man or dog;)

Belinda - I'm happy you enjoyed your birthday, the perfect way to spend it:) You also bought yourself some nice gifts;) I think I have a steamer in my basement still in wrapper:eek: Now you are motivating me to try it!

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Belinda, I'm so sorry I missed that yesterday was your birthday! Now I'm going to write it in my calendar so I don't forget. Since 5.5 is easy to remember as Cinco de Mayo. I have a floor/rug steamer - I want a clothing one. What a bargain you found. Good for you. Hope you had a great day yesterday.
Deb, someone told me once about men looking into a mirror everyday and saying TG I'm not a woman. There is no way they could handle what we do. I'd rather be a dog, most seem like they are treated quite well. Did the yoga help? Are you still practicing crow?
Hi to all who follow. Have a 7:20 mtg so gotta go.
Cookie

Good morning,

I finally got a good night sleep:D All that sugar is out off my system:eek: Back on eating clean.

Today's workout is: Athletic Training and P90X3 The Warrior.

Thank you, Cookie! What brand of floor/rug steamer do you have? I had a Hahn from Costco.com. Stopped working after 2 weeks?

Thanks Debbie! I had an amazing weekend/Sunday:) You need to unwrap that steamer. I love mine. I use it for hard to reach stuff.

Waving Hi to everyone that follows. BBL!

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

Athletic Training is done! Tonight I will do P90X The Warrior.

I will be back later today. If not, for sure tomorrow:D

Good Tuesday afternoon! Took the dogs on a 3 mile walk this morning, started Pyramid Lower, went to get my hair cut, got home and chatted with neighbor, back home to continue Pyramid Lower, will have to leave soon to pick up daughter from a friend's house (she is out of school today for NC primary elections), then back home to finally complete Pyramid Lower. And my friends wonder why I'm so fit. It's because I workout all day :eek:. Sounds better than saying it takes me all day to finish a workout :eek:.

Waving hi to everyone! BBL (hopefully) with personals.

Last edited:
Quick check in. I didn't get a workout in yesterday. DS had a baseball game that didn't end until after 8. I was and at the coach, aka my husband, lol.

Today I did X10 hi/lo and added weighted squats and dead lifts after.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the 3rd part of my teacher class. Four more Wednesdays and I am done with that! I cannot wait for summer!

I will bob for personals probably on Thursday.

Be well everyone!
Kristin

Hi,

Today I did GS legs. A fox had 4 pups in the next door neighbors backyard. The Mom was acting strange & DH thought maybe she was expecting, sure enough we saw them the other day. The only thing is the Mama Fox is going after some of the pets in the neighborhood including Lucy:confused:

Belinda - Great job with your workouts & getting back to eating clean:)

Kristin - I see a big celebration for you on your last day of school:eek:

Cookie - I need to get back to practicing crow, we did it the other day in class but we only spend a few minutes on it. I go for the dog too!

Vickie - I remember those days of spreading the workout over the course of a day too well . . . but hey you did it!

Waves hi to everyone

Good morning,

I will do P90X3 yoga after my coffee.

Debbie - can you not call animal control:eek: That is scary about the fox going after some of the pets in your neighborhood.

I will be back after my workout. Happy Hump Day, everyone.

'Morning!
Belinda, I only have a carpet steamer, an Electrolux. I did put the clothes steamer on my list of things to do this month, so that I stop thinking about getting it and get it. We have some rugs, but mostly wood floors. Do your workouts affect your sense of hunger?
Amelia, how are you doing? What are your thoughts on the job situation?
Kristin, you sound busy! Those are long days. Don't know how you are fitting in your workouts.
Vicky, that is a lot of workouts. PUB is one of my very favorites of all time.
Deb, bet you're keeping your eyes on Lucy. We have one I've seen repeatedly but TG he/she doesn't seem to come up near the house. Since our dogs mostly stay right by the house, I haven't thought about t too much til now. Would animal control come for her and the pups?
Have a federal audit this morning. Would prefer dental surgery.
Cookie

Hi again,

YogaX is done!

Cookie - I had a floor/carpet steamer, had to return it. It stopped working after 2 weeks. Plan on getting another one. The only time I feel very hungry is on weight day's:eek: LOL, about having an dental surgery instead of a federal audit :eek: It will be over in a few hours.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Hi,

Today I did GS chest & triceps. It's hard to believe I'm wearing short sleeve tops . . . didn't think the day would come:eek:

Belinda - I didn't even think about animal control, will mention it to a couple of neighbors:) I am more hungry after a cardio workout.

Cookie - An audit must not be fun. Today someone at work was telling me what a nightmare it was when her parents died it was like an audit when the government wanted their taxes:confused: She said it was a good thing she kept good records.

I'm guessing everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather:cool:

'Morning!
Belinda, you sound so energetic.
Deb, I've been meaning to tell that the 5-year plan is for things around the house. It has been helpful for breaking down project into smaller steps and assists with budgeting. I also put in family things - upcoming important anniversaries, vacations, etc. Of course, doesn't mean it all gets done, but it helps me to plan ahead, and I like a plan.
Didn't sleep well at all last night. Today will be a rest day. Survived the audit - they were very pleased with my projects!
Cookie

Good morning,

Woke up with a sore throat and my head is killing me. This weather is crazy, one day we have sunshine/warm the next day I turn on the heater in the house:eek:

Last night I also went for a nice long walk with the dogs.

Who is signing up for Cathe's Live classes today?

Cookie - glad you survived the audit. Enjoy your rest day today, you deserve it.

Debbie - glad you enjoy the nice weather. It was only in the 50's yesterday:roll eyes: Good job on your GS UB workout.

I will be back after my workout. Today I will do P90X3 MMX and TriSets LB.

Hey girls, quick check in then I will catch up on personals in the morning.

Yesterday was a 50 min hike at our favorite park and we saw a huge herd of deer ( I guess thats what a lot of deer together is called?:confused:) They were so pretty. :) We also spotted a couple of rabbits with baby bunnies.
Today was a 40 min total gym workout.

Belinda-I missed your Birthday!! Happy belated Birthday to YOU!! :)

bb in the morning.

Good evening,

Did LIS TriSets Lower Body this morning, DH and I just finished P90X3 MMX. I also did a 10 min ab workout.

I think tomorrow I have to do a triple workout. I will not have time to do LIS UB on Sunday? We shall see.

Cookie - hope you get a good night sleep tonight. I know what that feels. I been sleeping so much better these day's.

Amelia - thank you. Good job on your workouts.

Debbie and Kirstin - what did you do today?

Hi Kelly and Vicki! Hope you get a change to check in.

Good night, ladies!

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class. I can't wait till tomorrow only 1 store to get done before Mother's Day. The stores have been such as mess:(

Belinda - We needed to turn the heat on too:confused: Great workouts for you & DH:)

Amelia - Sounds like an awesome hike with so much to see!

Cookie - I really need to come up with a house plan. Lately if it isn't written down I forget. I'm happy your audit went well:)

Waves hi to everyone

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.