Commit to get FIT & LEAN for January!

Good Morning:)

Yesterday we decided to go on a RT but that was a bust. We didn't turn off where we were suppose to and by the time we turned around and got back to the turn off, it as to late! It was nice to get out but not exactly what I had in mind:confused:

Last night I did 45 mins on the TM, abs and CTX shoul,bics and tris. I'm not sure what I will do today!

Belinda** Nice workout yesterday. How is your foot?

Deb** Yoga for dogs...can you imagine taking your dog to that?? But i bet people do. How times have changed!

Cookie** Nope...Im not part dog:p Wish I was some times, life would be easier ( or harder) Not if I was a yoga dog though:eek:

Phatgyrl** Sounds like you had a productive weekend. I am trying to catch up on some reading material and its always better if I read a little and then do something else. I tend to remember more.

Ill bbl to report!

Lori:)

Hi all,

Today I did Turbo Jam 20 min workout + Turbo Jam abs 18 min and did a mix of shoulder workouts.

Cookie - maybe we are getting old? LOL, since we have many similar things lateley! Can't wait to start Xtrain soon, will wait until for my foot is completely healed.

Lori - sorry your RT was a bust. Happend to us a few times. Nice workout yesterday. My foot is feeling almost normal again. Knock on wood! Once in awhile my heal spur is still hurting, hoping it will go away soon too.

Debbie - how cool your instructor doing a segment on GMA! WTG on your workouts yesterday. Are you going on this year RT?

I will be back in the morning. Good night.

Hi everyone. This weekend got away from me, lol. We had a fantastic night on Saturday. It was so much fun, but we started doing shots. . . I woke up feeling icky, :rolleyes:. Then I had to finish grading midterms and planning, I was beyond exhausted. So I took an unplanned rest day yesterday.

Today I had my post-observation with my AP. It went extremely well. He just had all positive, wonderful things to say. He said, "You know good teaching when you see it. It is not something that you can put into words what it is and every time I come and observe your class and your methods I just know I am seeing good teaching." He said my class is extremely well-behaved, but not because I am strict and students are afraid to "act up" but because there is a mutual respect that is obvious between my students and myself. He said they were all engaged and paying attention and that he has been in other classes where the students are quiet, but you can tell they are not paying attention. They are just quiet, but not really engaged. In my class, he said, they are engaged. I was beaming. I was so happy for the rest of the day. Yea! I get the official write up in a week or so. We shall see. . . I am expecting it to be great now, lol.

I did Xtrain Legs 5 today, premix 1. I love the rear delt work on this dvd. It really hits that area well. My legs, especially inner thighs and butt really felt it today too.

Belinda- good workout today :) Has your heat been restored? We were supposed to get some snow today, but it was all rain. Thank the Lord! I hate driving in snow, especially when I have the usual 35 minute commute and it turns into 2 hours!

Lori- I like Skinnygirl margarita, but I love the cosmo one. It is tasty and gives you a good buzz, lol. I was hurting Sunday morning, lol. We did these Pinnacle Whipped Shots? They were smooth, but dangerous, lol.

Cookie- that is a lot of time between pre-ob and observation. This whole APPR, testing and no budgeting is out of hand. My son's school district is getting a cut in state aid. A cut? With all the new mandates, are you kidding me? And the teachers already gave back last year. They are talking about half day kindergarten!! :mad::eek: My younger DS is going into kindergarten next year and I cannot do half day!

Deb- I felt badly for my friend as well. She is so stressed and pregnant and this should be a happy time for her. She has a daughter and now she is expecting a baby boy. I really just hate to see her so stressed because it is just not good for her or the baby. It is so crazy to me. To answer your question about 100 reps. . . I just did two so far, the scarecrows and the hip thrusts. I like the scarecrows because I want to build my shoulders more. I just do them once a week with ALL Out. There is another 100 rep challenge for shoulders, but I forget to add that on, or it is always the day after I already did shoulders. Hip thrusts were good too. I did those without any weights and felt it. I just cannot add them on after the hard leg workouts. My legs are still feeling wobbly now, lol.

phatgyrl- didn't even realize January is almost over :eek:

Off to go to bed!

Kristin

Hi,

I only had time for BS tri's but at least I went heavier. I spent way to much time looking online for dresses, the one's I like are from China websites:confused: not sure if that will work with 2 weeks to go from my trip. I need a plan B.

I thought sign-up for RT would be when I was away but it's 1/31, are you girls going? Last year most wait list people got in.

Belinda - I'm thinking about signing up for RT, what about you? I'm glad your foot is feeling better & your still working out too!

Lori - Sometimes even my GPS gets lost:rolleyes: Well so many poses are named after dogs so I guess it was bound to happen:p Great workouts!

Kristin - Awesome compliments on your observation!!! Your hard work is showing and it's great that they recognize it. I was thinking the same thing about your friend not healthy for her or the baby:( Thanks for taking the time & letting me know about the 100 reps.

Waves hi to Amelia, Cookie & phatgyrl

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, that's what the dr said to me - I'm getting older! Guess part of my problem w/foot is the fat pads wear down on the bottom over time, so there isn't much cushioning to absorb impact. Only I'm older than you! Glad you're doing better.
Amelia, how was check in? I saw you started a thread on WW. You are on a roll.
Lori, truly wish I had your energy. You must miss your family and friends and dog. Does your ds school have opportunities for you to meet other parents?
Kristin, way to go - great comments. I have to read over a teacher's lesson yet this morning before she submits it to the platform for her obs. I think most districts got state aid cuts again this year.
Phatgyrl, how's the research coming along? And the dress hunting?
Deb, did you decide on a style of dress? Are other family members going to see the renewal of vows? How cool for your yoga instructor.
Have to read and give feedback to a lesson but want to squeeze in a workout before work also. Don't think I'm going to rt. I'm doing a workshop during the sign up time, plus lately my feet are bothering so much I can't imagine me jumping all weekend. Will definitely miss seeing Deb and others.
Cookie

Morning ladies,

Cookie - age is definatly crepping up on me, lol. All the high impact isn't good for our feet/body. I did had to take my workouts down a notch. My heal spur is still bordering me, I guess it will take a little more time. Maybe we all can meet/have a own RT? Maybe meet a Cathe's gym? I will be in Germany around the same time, lol. If all goes well!

Debbie - I will not sign up for the RT. DH and I will go to Germany and Hawaii. Hope you find a nice dress.

Kirstin - glad your post-observation went well. We have heat since Saturday. Good job on your leg workout. LOL, about your shots...

Waving Hi to the rest of the gang.

I will be back to report my workout.

Morning girls,

Yesterday I did a 2mile power walk with the kids and hubby at the park. It was so nice to get out in the fresh air.:) Today will be a circuit and maybe some yoga? Im off today so I have time to get in a really good workout. I may even go back to the park...

I never got a chance to go to my wwer meeting yesterday. I planned on it but life got in the way. I didn't weigh in at home either, my eating wasn't great last week. Ever since I heard the news of my DH getting laid off at the end of March, ( I told ya'll,right?) my emotions and thoughts have been all over the place and there definitely not on wwers:(

I will BBL today with some personals and to report my workout. :)

I told a friend I would watch her little girl today so that's what I'm doing for the day. I probably won't get my workout in until after dinner but that's ok cause we eat early cause dh has to work at 6. My legs usually feel like led in the evening though. My only other option is if they both take naps at the same time.

Yesterday's workout was 20 mins on the TM, 30/30,GS and xtrain chest work. My workout was interrupted a few times so I was all thrown off.

The lady called from the dealership yesterday and she wants me to come back in again for a couple of hours b/c the girl on the front isn't sure that I got the right idea of what they do....seriously?? I don't even know if I have the job and I have to go learn things that I might never use. I told them I would come back in for a couple of hours on wed. In the meantime the guy who is training dh called and there is a opening at his wife's work. I think they just hired this girl and it didn't work out so the job wasn't even posted. I sent her my résumé and by lunch time her manager was calling me and asking me to come in for a interview on Thursday :). This gives me time with the dealership too cause she won't have her mind made up by wed evening and my interview for the other spot is at 9 a.m. I'm not sure what the pay is but I'm willing to bet it's more then the dealership.

Belinda** well, when you don't know where your going its not hard to get lost:rolleyes:. I wasn't impressed. We should have asked before we left. I just assumed he knew which way he was going. But as much as I wanted to blame him I couldn't! Lol

Cookie** I would love to take the RT in at some point in time before cathe retires! My sister and I keep saying we are gonna go at some point in time. I don't know what the actual cost would be for us b/c of airfare. Someday....

Ameila** nope, I don't think you mentioned anyone about dh losing his job... Or I didn't read it anyway. When did you find all this out? Is the economy still that bad in the u.s. I could keep track of it when I worked with my previous employer b/c most of our business came from the states. Try not to stress about it to much...I know easier said then done!!! We've been there before. I know what you are feeling.

Deb** I for one will not be taking my dog to yoga. You'd be surprised how fast the dressed arrive from china. It's extremely odd. The shipping is faster then when I order something in my own country. It's amazing how much stuff comes from china now. I really have to watch what I'm ordering and where it's coming from cause there are a lot of knocks offs. Happened with the ugg boots again this year. And now lulu is made in china...it's only a matter of time before they start making fake lulu!!! And they don't want to go there with me!:eek:

Kristin** I had a couple of good martinis when I was out for dinner Friday night. I looked online for a couple good recipes but I never did go get the stuff. The cosmos are what I bought I think. I'm looking forward to a night out at some point in time or buying a house and having people over! This place is to small to do that.

Alright, think I got everyone. Today's workout will be cardio and weights again. Most likely shoulders and bics....

Hi all.

Workout is done: I did Stong + Fit legs w/ JS = 10 min + Best Bun & Leg Shaper with Denise Austin from her Personal Training DVD plus Turbo Jam 2= 43 min:eek:

I am going through all my old wo dvds. I still have some that I haven't even open:confused: I will not buy any more workout dvds until I went through all my wokout collection. I am sure, in the progress I will get rid of some;) I have way to many! Can't believe I am saying this:confused:

Lori - I would do the same...blame DH:p Sounds like you have the job at the dealership! Keep my fingers crossed for Thursday;) more money is always good. Have fun with your cardio/GS this evening.

I will be back in the morning.

Hey Ladies,

Today was Xtrain HiiT standing/disc/core premix. Then I took two of my dogs for a 30minute power walk outside, its pretty here in Ga. Around 65 degrees:eek: Its cloudy but still a nice temp.

Belinda- Turbo Jam sounds fun...I've done one on you tube before and really liked it. What are you going to do with all your workout dvd's that you don't want? Sell them? I've got a lot myself that I haven't done in years so maybe I should 'spring clean' my collection too. Nice job on your workout girl!! wow...

Lori-yay on all the job interviews. Let us know how they go. Nice workout yesterday. The economy is slightly better but not much. I heard the news of his lay off the friday before I started WWers...so about two weeks ago. At first it didn't bother me..because he will get a Severance pkg & unemployment until he's able to find another job but I just can't help but worry:( I mean unemployment isn't a lot at all but I guess its better than nothing :confused:

Kristin-Wow...awesome compliments on your last interview. Nice workout

Deb- Nice job on your workout. Are you going on vacation? Were too?

Cookie-how was your day? The other day my DH got me some inserts for PF and I can't believe it ( knock on wood) but my pain is about 95% gone - its very weird. And I also notice that when I workout with them the balls of my feet feel like there 'tired'...like I haven't worked them or something? go figure:rolleyes:

I lost my whole post. . .

I am too tired. . .

I did TTM step tabata premix. . .

Burn sets Bi's and Tri's

BB tomorrow!

Kristin

Hi,

I did Low Impact Hiit tonight. I have been rushing to get all my stores done for the month because it flew by.

Belinda - Your sisters must be so happy you will be visiting. Anytime you want to go to Cathe's let me know I'll meet you I'm pretty close.

Lori - The job offers keep coming which is great! DH was telling me they are having problems in China . . . I think they work them too hard & everything is made there. Too funny about the fake Lulu.

Kristin - Ugh, on losing your post. Great workout:)

Amelia - Sorry about your DH getting laid off, is it just temporary? As much as they say the economy is doing better, I really don't see it.

Cookie - Awww, I will miss you but maybe I'll skip too because there is so much going on.

:p
Morning ladies,

I have no idea what I will do today, need to browse to my DVD's collection:) It's in the 60's here too. Maybe I will take the dogs for a walk later.

Debbie - Alesia and I will let you know, when we plan a trip to NY:D

Kirstin - I can't tell you how many times I lost my posts:eek: now I write it on a sticky on my PC, this way I don't lose it

Amelia - I never sold any wo dvds on amazon or ebay? Have no idea:eek: Where do you sell your wo dvds? I do have way to many dvds, just don't klick with some of them;) My neigbor loves Beachbody workouts, she let me borrow her dvds. So far I love TJ. I am sweating buckets. Thinking buying that set:eek: I know I said I will not buy anymore wo dvds. I will not buy it unless I went through all my entire collection which is a lot!

Waving Hi to Lori, Cookie and Phatgyrl:D

Have some nice DOMS in my legs going on today.

I will be back to report my workout. Happy Hump Day.

Yesterday was a good day despite the fact that I had two babes here and DS was home from school. She was a really good baby so that it made a whole lot easier. I don't know what I would have done if she were crying all day:confused:

When she took her nap dh was awake so he watched the boys and I did GS and xtrain shoulders and bics. Last night when the baby went to bed I did 25 mins on the TM, 20 mins tabata spin,20 min threshold ladders, and abs. Today I am leaning towards cardio legs and a run. I may also get tris or back in before this if the baby is awake. I usually take him with me when it's just weights that I'm doing.

Belinda** nice workouts the past 2 days. If my dog was here he wouldn't get walked. Its way to cold! It was -27 yesterday, felt like -39! I'm not sure what that would be in your temps but rests a sure...that its freezing! DS has a ski trip today, he probably won't be going. I'm not sure what the lady at the car dealership is doing but I'd wish she'd make up her mind already. It's almost as if they are creating a position and they can manage without for a while, that's why she is taking her sweet time.

Deb** this month did kind of zoom by and that's coming from someone with no job:eek: well everything comes from china for the most part so naturally they'd be over worked...poor kids:rolleyes:. Lulu use to be made in Canada and then Indonesia I think. But like every other company, I guess greed gets the best of them and they want to cut cost and pocket more money cause the prices haven't went down, up if anything. And I've been hearing that a lot of people aren't happy with the quality anymore.

Kristin** hate when that happens. I also hate it when I'm texting and make tons of mistakes. I know it's not me! I could fire the whole lot of it through the window when it happens!

Ameila** it's natural for us to worry. We wouldn't be normal if we didn't. I think the thing that bothers us most times is that we know now fast time goes by and before you know it, the package and ei will be over with. Would you guys move for work??

Think I've caught up with everyone. Oh yeah...dd got a job at the pet store yesterday. She's pretty excited. I told her I can't believe she got a job before me. I guess there's lots of jobs I could have gotten for 9.75/ hr! That will be lots of money for her. I have to go back to the dealership today and then another interview tomorrow morning!

Bbl!

Hello ladies. Just finished All Out. Love that workout. I was sweating all over the place, lol. Anyway. . . Grades are due on Friday and it has been quite hectic. I am looking forward to this weekend and the Superbowl! I went in on those football Superbowl boxes at work, and I ended up with 0 0 for my numbers. At first I thought this stinks, but then when someone explained it to me, I realized I have a great chance of winning some money. I am hoping for something, lol. The only thing that stinks is that we were invited to go to a friend's house, which we are doing, but I hate the fact that I have to work the next day and my older DS has school. I feel like that the Superbowl should be on Saturday. This way everyone can recover from the fun, lol.

Lori- 9.75 an hour. . . that's great. My first job was working at Burger King for $4.25 :eek::eek::eek:. That is what minimum wage was in 1994. Pathetic, I know. That's great that she is excited. How'd it go at the dealership?

Belinda- 60s sounds like summer to me right now. It has actually been warmer the last two days, in the 40s. We are supposed to get hit with a bad storm tonight, high winds and rain. I hope it doesn't knock the power out!

Deb- have you gotten a chance to do all the Xtrain workouts yet? I am starting the second month of the rotation on Sunday. I cannot wait because the 2nd month uses Supercuts and Tabatcise. I have been dying to do Supercuts again. Tabatacise scares me though. . . :confused:

Amelia- so sorry to hear about DH. Just take it one day at a time. When DH and I first bought this house, he was laid off a month later. It was very stressful to say the least. He worked odd jobs for a few months and then he got a job that was so much better than the one he had and he has been with that company ever since. Sometimes things have a way of working out for the better, even though when you are going through it, it may seem terrible. Hang in there!

Cookie- waving hello to you!

Kristin

Hi,

I did Afterburn in bits & pieces also skipped some mountain climbers. Today was TTOM seriously it's more than a week early at this rate I'll have it all month:rolleyes: and it will be back at the end of my vacation. Crap now I have to pack that stuff on vacation.

I think I'm going to skip the road trip & if anyone wants to meet up to take a Cathe class let me know.

Belinda - On that note I just wanted to mention I think Cathe only teaches during the week not on weekends. I will still meet you & Alesia. It's great that you have a neighbor that also does DVDs:)

Lori - DD's job sounds great as long as she doesn't bring the pets home;) My DS's started skiing at an early age too, I never was able to get the hang of it the one time I was tricked to do a blue went down on my butt. Are you trying to get in all the workouts you can before you start work:eek: great job!

Kristin - I have been following the rotation but have been throwing in extra yoga & spin so it will take me a lot longer than 90 days & my rotation doesn't include all the DVDs will see if Supercuts is in there because I really want to do that one. I'm looking forward to the Superbowl too, your #'s sound good, I didn't get mine yet.

Amelia - I heard there was a bad storm in GA, was it near you?

Cookie - I'm going to miss seeing you & DD this year but maybe you can come another time like Belinda & I will meet up with you. I ordered a chiffon dress & lace dress which ever gets here, fits & looks good will be the one LOL.

Phatgyrl - What are you up to?

Hey Girls:)

My workout was just as planned. I ended up doing 25 mins on the TM and cardio legs. Then I went to my pretend job...lol...that's all I can call it. I didn't talk to the owner much before I left cause dh had to work and she's kind of long winded. I'm guessing she will have her mind made up tomorrow. In the meantime I have that other interview in the a.m..

Kristin** I was hoping to get out of the house on Friday night but I think dd has plans..sigh...I was looking forward to having a couple of drinks and meeting a few new people...and hopefully celebrate having a new job! Although I would secretly like the gym job. I remember when minimum wage was 5.25.. I use to bring home little over $300 every 2 weeks. And that's when we were married. I don't even know why I bothered going to work!

Deb** sounds like TTOM picked the perfect time. A lot of people book their trips around it! Lol. I dunno what my workouts are going to be like when I get back to work!

So get a load of this one. You all know that there is a guy living in the basement of this house with whom I share the kitchen with. Well the landlord just called and said that he's asked the landlord if a friend could move in with him. I'm thinking...ANOTHER person in this house?? ANOTHER person trying to jam their food in the fridge? ANOTHER person cooking in the kitchen?? I'm not sure if I can handle this. Not to mention two strange men in the house while dh is working nights....

'Morning!
Belinda, that's awesome you have a neighbor to share dvds and your passion for working out with! I'm envious. This is a terrible confession, but when I'm feeling really bad about myself I sometimes run an errand into town. Most of the folks around here are heavy.
I'll come meet you if you come to NY.
Amelia, I have no idea how you can work in a bakery and not eat. Granted I don't care for things with icing and really sweet, but a sour cream (actually Greek yogurt) coffee cake is in my kitchen and keeps calling me. Now that's tempting.
Kristin, have no idea why I'm following football. After all these years, I'm actually looking forward to the game also.
Lori, so where are you getting these babies from? Did I miss something? Hope dd likes the pet store job. That sounds like fun, except for the cleaning up part. Perhaps she'll bring you home a pet.
Phatgyrl, hope your week is going well. What workouts are you doing to help with the stress?
Deb, i'd love to meet up. The second half of May, June or July would work great for me. You'll be so lovely. Are you going to be like Lori and link a photo?
Doing 100s this morning for my workout.
Cookie

Morning girls, quick check in for me. I have to be at work in about 25 mins.

Yesterday was Xtrains Chest, Back and Shoulders premix rounds 1-6.
This morning I did a 47 min power walk interval with Leslie Sansome called 4 fast miles.

I plan on getting in bicep and tricep work this evening.

I will bb then to caught up with everyone. Have a great day:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.