Commit to get Fit & Lean for January 2015

Morning, I'm up way to early for a Sunday. I have to be at work at 6:30 but my eyes popped open at 3:30 and I couldn't go back to bed. sigh . Its TOM for me so thats prob why.

Yesterday I did Low Impact Step after work. I was breathing hard, whew and I did it ON THE FLOORo_O Yes, I am quite out of shape. It was nice to get in a good sweat though. As I was doing it I was 'trying' to talk to dh between breaths and saying " why is this so hard? Good grief?" He just giggled and said " Well honey, your not a spring chicken anymore" I told him to hush. LOL. But truth is I just don't workout like I used too. there was a time when I did LIS on two risers like Cathe and got through it just fine.:oops: I'm sure I will again one day. Anyways,Today will be a rest day

Debbie- great job with your squeeze workout. Sounds like shoveling snow is a bonus workout. Glad your feeling better

Kristin- What is RWH LIHI? Im guessing one of the new Cathe's? Great job on your rotation and yay on the circuits next month, I love them too. Im trying to get back into working out 4/5 days a week. Every week it seems I'm getting stronger.

Belinda-I've heard of Paleo, that personal trainer that I used 2 years ago wanted me to do it but I couldn't at the time, just too much going on ( it was that year I lost both my grandmothers). I agree, it is very strict but I hear a lot of people get good results off it. I'm sure you will get good results too, and great job on your workouts! I chose Atkins because I didn't want to count calories anymore and Atkins is suppose to give fast results. I need that right now, im feeling sooo uncomfortable with this weight. (I still watch portion sizes though) Atkins is also a very strict diet, but so far so good. And no sugar either. And I agree, once you cut out the sugar you really don't crave it. Before I cut it out I was eating something sweet daily.

Cookie-So sorry to hear the loss of your friend and co-worker. Yes, life is too short, ((hugs)) sent your way. I can't find the post about your brother? I'm so sorry your having to go through so much, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother. <3
Yay for the sand!! Being in the south, I couldn't imagine having to deal with ice and snow a lot - I'm sure it gets so frustrating.:( Great job on your workouts this week.

Wendy- I hope you got a good nights rest on friday. I too was feeling kinda tired these past few days. Great job on your workouts!

Good morning,

Just finished Vinyasa Flow Yoga: Runners Flow with Ali Owens- Udaya :) I need to go grocery shopping before we get hit with snow.

Debbie - glad you feeling better today. I need to pull Squeeze lower body out soon. Nice job.

Kirstin - I didn't think I could do the Paelo diet:p Once you get
through the first few day's you good to go. I am kinda spoiled eating pizza from Italy:D I'll bet NY pizza is closer to real Italian pizza than what you get here. Never had NY pizza. If it taste anything like the pizza in Europa, I would love it. And yes, I would have a hard time not eating it:D Maybe it's a good thing that the pizza here doesn't appeal to me:D My friend has Cathe live and I did a few classes with her. IMO, they are not different than her dvd's. Very similar to her dvd's. If you want to give the a try for a month, go for it. It's fun to workout in a class setting :D My neighbor lives right across from me, I can swing by anytime and she loves a workout buddy:D

Amelia - let us know how it goes on your diet. We can do this. I never done Arkins or know much about it. Can you eat carbs and diary on Arkins? Keep up the good work, girl. I feel the same way you do about my weight:)

Have a wonderful workout and day, everyone. I need to get going.

Hi everyone. So Long Island is bracing for a blizzard Monday-Tuesday. I am thinking there will be no school on Tuesday, but if the storm starts in the afternoon Monday, my commute home is going to suck. I was hoping to get through this month without a major snowstorm. I figured then we would pretty much be in the clear for one or two and that's it. Hoping for a shorter winter than last year, lol.

Anyway. . . I am on week four of the two month rotation. Today's workout was RWH Plyo Hiit 1 and LI hiit 2. My legs are fried from that combination. I am looking forward to starting month 2 to do the circuits again. I love every workout in this series!

Amelia- RWH LIHI is ripped with hiit, lift it hit it. The workouts are fabulous. I think this is one of Cathe's best series. Plus, I love that you get an intense workout in a short amount of time. Much more fun that T25 IMHO. Don't worry about being out of shape. The first step is what you are doing, getting started again. It'll become easier over time. Just don't give up or get defeated. I think you will find yourself able to imprvoe faster because your body has been through this before. . . muscle memory and all of that.

Belinda- not sure of NY pizza is similar to the real Italian pizza, but it is awesome and delicious. I have to have it at least once a week, lol. that is great that you have a neighbor who is into Cathe and gets the live classes. From the clips I've seen, the classes do seem to incorporate all of Cathe's signature moves. It would be cool to do the class setting workout though. I am still not sold yet, lol. I know. . . I should just make up my mind.

Deb- it is all men then huh? I don't mind the kids wanting my undivided attention when they are sick. . . They are kids, not grown men, lol. DH is a wimp, lol.

Cookie- very hard to think about lesson planning when I am still upset by how demonized I feel by Cuomo and the SED. Ugh. Not to mention I am in the middle of a module, fun, fun, fun.

BBL,

Kristin

Good afternoon,

Kirstin - I hope we don't get that blizzard. I went grocery shopping today just in case :) I hear, the NY pizza taste almost the like the ones in Italy? Thin crust piazza are my favorite. In Germany I eat pizza once a week too, yummy :)

I doubt I will go for a walk with the dogs today, it's raining right now.

Hi,

I'm on the border line of the blizzard but the news is saying we are expecting 18+:rolleyes:. I went to the foodstore and the only way to get a parking spot was to wait for someone to leave the store! I almost thought it was Christmas time at the mall:eek: To top it off when I was leaving they had a Code Amber looking for a lost child.

Tomorrow I will try and work one store because I'm sure to be homebound for a couple of days.

Belinda - All this talk about pizza, one day I want to taste Italy's pizza. NY pizza is really good but your right the further south you go both pizza & bagels isn't as good.

Kristin - They closed my DS's college tommorow. I was surprised NY mayor didn't close NYC schools yet. Be careful tomorrow! I too was hoping to get through this month snow free.

Amelia - You were also working out after a day at work, so you have to consider that too. I feel like Atkins & Paleo are so similar. Your lucky you don't have to deal with SNOW and the impact on food stores;)

Waves hi to Wendy & Cookie

Goodnight:)

Getting ready to head into work. Praying for an early dismissal. DH is home today, so he will be home for the kids when they get out. My district never does early dismissal but it could get hairy by the time school lets out.

Ugh! And so it begins. Have a good day everyone! Weights are waiting for me tonight.

Good morning,

After my coffee I will do : XT CBS = 54 min + SBF (?) :D

Kirstin - be careful this morning. Too bad you have to go and drive in this condition.

Debbie - I'll guess people stock up on food and so on. I hope you don't get 18+:( It's snowing here right now, hope we don't get all that snow. I had it this year.

Hallo to everyone that checks in after me.

I will be back later today.

Hey girls,

I am done with all my workouts. I am in week 9 of the XTrain rotation. Still loving it :)

I will be back later.

Hey girls,

Today was a 3 mile power walk and some house cleaning.

I see on the news there is a blizzard up north. I hope everybody stays safe and warm.

Hi,

I didn't sleep much last night, between the heat not working & leg pains. I did a few stores today so I could spend time at home until the storm is over. It was a long day & my legs hurt all day so I decided on a rest day. My commute home wasn't too bad just slow moving. Not sure what we will wake up to tomorrow:confused:

Belinda - Wow, 9 weeks already! Hopefully you don't get too much snow. I'm ready to drive my car South & keep going till I get warmer temps;)

Kristin - I hope you had an early dismissal & safe trip home. I left the mall at 3:30PM & they were still open with no sign of closing until possibly 6:00PM, that is crazy!

Amelia - I'm jealous of your power walk, not sure if we will see the ground for a while LOL.

Wendy - You must be having warm temps too!

Cookie - I'm wondering if you are on the borderline too it looks like Kristin will get the worse of it.

Keep warm & safe everyone

quick pop in to say that my first week on Atkins was fabulous, I'm down 7lbs. Mostly water I'm sure but what a great motivator.

It appears that bread is the enemy for me. LOL. The book says that once you get close to your goal you can gradually add in more carbs/bread but I know now I'm carb sensitive. Its nice to learn things about your body.

Deb- Don't be jealous, the power walk was in my living room. LOL. Sorry your legs hurt all day, was it because of doms?

I hope everybody that is in the eye of the storm is ok.

Good morning,

Today is XT Cardio Leg Bast on my schedule, not sure if I can do that one today? I don't know if I mentioned it here….I hurt my hip last week. I been babying my hip for since Friday. I be doing lots of stretches since Friday. Last night I did DYP Short & Sweet Gentle Stretch = 19 min.

Debbie - I am so sick of this weather, it's not funny :) We are covered in snow:( My husband is home due to the weather:D I can't believe I am already in week 9 of the XT rotation. Still loving it! I think after X Train, DH wants to do another round of P90X3?

Amelia - good job yesterday. WOW, that's a lot of weight you lost in one week. Good job!

I will be back later to report what I did. Have a great day, everyone,

Hey girls,

I did XT Cardio Leg Bast and Butt Lift D2 done! I also did a walk dvd.

That's it for me today. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Hey everyone. Snow day today and tomorrow!! So happy! Monday I got home after 1.5 hour drive. The roads were already getting bad at that point. I was exhausted from not sleeping well the night before, so it ended up being a rest day. Today I did RWH LIHI Back, shoulders and biceps. I wanted to do some cardio and was craving step, so I did PRS 2, timersaver premix 1. Tomorrow I have LIHI legs on tap, and the ab work too. When it snows like this I crave cookies and brownies. There is a brownie mix calling my name right now, lol.

Amelia- congrats on the 7 pounds! That is great. Bread is my enemy too, but I love it soooo much. It is my weakness, really. I recently tried this multigrain bread loaf that stop and shop bakery makes. It is really good, all whole wheat flour and only 3 sugars. I have been having it toasted with my egg whites in the morning and I don't feel deprived, plus it is not keeping me from losing so far.

Belinda- glad you are enjoying Xtrain. It really is a great series. how much snow did you get? We got over 20 inches! Crazy. You saw the pic of my dog on facebook. I climbed over what DH dug out for him and called him, he leaped like a gazelle over to me, he was too cute. Then he realized that under the trampoline it wasn't deep at all, so he would gallop to me and then under the trampoline, over and over again. It tired him out.

Deb- Suffolk County is where I live and we still had a blizzard warning until 12 or so today. So glad school is closed tomorrow. I cannot imagine the roads being completely cleared and safe yet. How did the storm go for you?

Cookie- how badly were you hit with this storm?

Waving hello to Wendy!

Kristin

Hi,

The storm didn't hit us hard, about 6 inches but it was very light & powdery, easy to shovel. Most people still had off. I went to a close mall and it was so quiet & no traffic at all.

I restarted doing STS in reverse (saw someone talk about that on fb) so it was STS M3 D25. The girl on fb felt if you reversed STS you could lean out by doing M1 last since it is an endurance w/o. I'm giving it a try.

Belinda - I'm surprised you had snow. I always think your far enough South to avoid it but I guess not. P90x3 is one of my favorite bb workouts.

Kristin - I was looking at the news and thought you had it rough. It is still very cold here so I could just imagine it will be awhile before your snow melts. TG they gave you 2 days off so they can clear it out.

Amelia - Wow, 7lbs is a great motivator! It's not DOMS, since I was young every once in awhile I get really bad pains in both my legs but they were never able to come up with a reason:confused: Growing pains was the reason when I was young but I didn't grow:eek:

Waves hi to Wendy & Cookie

Good morning,

XT Burn Sets : Triceps & Biceps done. I am getting ready to do SBF workout after I am done posting here.

Cookie - where are you?

Debbie - I live in WV, we get a lot of snow. I did the STS Pyramid down rotation last year. Good luck with it. A lot of people lean out doing it the original rotation too.

Kirstin - we got about 4" yesterday. Your dog is so cute, love the pic on FB.

Amelia - good job yesterday.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Happy Hump Day!

Hey guys! enjoyed another snow day. The side roads are still pretty bad. I had this idea to go sledding, but we lost our sled in the move. I called around and Toys R Us had them, but I was a bit chicken to drive there myself, even with the 4 wheel drive, so I asked my dad if he wanted to go. We got two sleds and headed to the hills with the boys. We all had a blast. I think I got quite a workout just walking up the hill after each run. We came home and played Sorry, which was going well until the third game, lol. Anyway. . . I just finished LIHI Legs. I changed things up a bit and did the premix that put an ab workout after each round. It was an excellent premix. you do both ab routines by the end of the workout. My core is on fire, lol.

I know I have work tomorrow. . . but two days and then it is the weekend!!!

Belinda- nice job on the workout. I was thinking about taking the dog with us sledding, but didn't think he could be out there for too long, plus other people would excite him too much.

Amelia- high fives on the workout.

Deb- interesting concept, doing STS in reverse to lean out. I'm interested to know what your results will be. Are you definitely signing up for the RT Friday?

Cookie- where are you? check in!

Wendy- same to you! Check in girl!

Kristin

Hi,

I did Cardio Kicks today. The traffic and malls have been so quiet, loving it! I hear we could be getting more snow Fri & Sun, but not too much.

Belinda - I didn't even think but should have asked you about the STS rotation:) I always think you are much closer to Washington DC, but I can see why you get so much snow.

Kristin - Sledding sounds like fun, we still have ours it is a great workout. There is a school behind us that has a great hill. The premix on the workout you did sounds awesome. I think the premixes on the new series are great. I am going to try for the RT on Friday, secretly hoping that everyone does here; I know it's easiest for me because I'm so close.

Cookie - Hope everything is ok, I know you are going through a lot right now. Our thoughts are with you and your brother.

Waves hi to Amelia & Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.