Commit to get Fit and Lean in December

Cookie57

Cathlete
'Morning! It seems so strange that I'm the one starting the thread.
Belinda, enjoy Antigua - you lucky girl.
Amelia, I hear and second you on the eating lately. Its such a slippery slope for me. Once I started, I went straight downhill.
Melissa, waving hi.
Kristin, did you ever see Oliver & Company? For some reason, that Disney musical stays in my mind. Especially the line, "if this is torture, nail me to the wall!"
Deb, you are so generous with taking care of the dogs. I take it your dh is also a dog person?
Woke up with a full-blown cold. Felt like I was winning this battle but now it's war!
Cookie

Today's workout was BM2 Cardio Blast plus abs. I am spent. I also walked Baxter for 40 minutes. Thinking of taking him for another walk. He is a bit hyper today!

Deb- Puppies are a handful, aren't they? I am the main one who walks and plays with Baxter so when he is hyper he runs and jumps on me, lol. I guess I will have to bring up the dvds, lol. I want them back, hahaha. I hope she didn't lose any!

Cookie- I think I saw that once when I was a kid. My favorite Disney musical of all time is Pete's Dragon believe it or not. I had the record, haha. Favorite songs: Candle in the Water, Bill of Sale, and A Dragon, a Dragon, lol.

Amelia- great workout. I think it is a good sign that your legs are sore. . . it's working :). You'll get back to where you are one day at a time, like the rest of us. My goal this month is 5-6 workouts a week. No excuses! Instead of creating a month rotation for myself, I am just planning out my week. That way, I know (and remember) what is coming up and I can plan accordingly.

BBL,
Kristin

Hi,

Today I did Great Glutes. Getting nervous that the calandar turned to December only 24 more crazy days left for me at work;)

Kristin - The dog would cry when DH would leave but he did most of the walking & feeding. She just hoped I would drop food. I saw the coming attractions for "Frozen" it looks like a good movie.

Amelia - I always love going back to the Cardio Coach's must have been fun:)

Cookie - Thanks for starting December. Even DH was surprised how much work a puppy can be . . . I guess you forget when they get older & lay around all the time.

Waves hi to Belinda & Melissa

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, thinking of you soaking up the rays.
Amelia, once you decide on something, you definitely get committed! Are you planning out your meals in advance also?
Kristin, ah yes, Pete's Dragon did have a lot of good songs and a very happy story. I've always had main responsibility for the dogs, the dh is more a cat person. However, he last few years, he has definitely starting claiming a couple of the dogs. The one we got last year, as well as the older one we had to put down in September, claimed him. He's now the guy who drives to the store with a dog in the passenger seat.
Deb, they are exhausting. My neighbor claims that why folks should only adopt older dogs! But the puppies are much cuter.
Feel like I have the cold of the year. Luckily the year is almost over! Going to take a rest this morning and see if I have energy this evening for yoga. Right now cannot even think of downward-facing dog. Going to cancel a meeting for after school b/c I just will want to go home.
Cookie

Morning girls,

The kids are at school, the hubby at work and im inhaling all the quiet sounds around the house! Its so lovely ;) I was also thinking how much I love being part time at my job, I should have stepped down from my management position a long time ago:) Being off 3 days a week is nice.

Today will be some cardio and some house cleaning.

Cookie- Sorry to hear your not feeling well :( sending you healing vibes this morning. ((hugs))

Kristin-A weekly goal sounds great with your workouts. I think its easier for us busy moms to organize. Right now im kinda taking it day by day with my eating and workouts. I know as long as I work my weights 2/3 times a week with some cardio thrown in - i will get some results. Im' 'trying' not to over think it :rolleyes:

Debbie-I know, retail is crazy right now. Im counting down the days for all this madness to be over:confused: I've noticed the department that im in seems to be a lot less stressful then the bakery department. IDK? Im just thankful to be out of the bakery ( and management for that matter:))

Belinda-How you doing today? Are you doing any Cyber Monday shopping?

Melissa- Are you back to school today? How have you been lately?

Slide and Glide all done. I love how quick and effective that one is, my abs are already sore.

Bad news today. . . my tenant told us that she wants to break the lease and be out by the end of the month. What? So then she wanted us to use the security for December rent. Again, what? Then she tried to tell us some sob story. We told her we needed December rent and that we would give her back security if we get someone in January. The realtor is meeting with DH at the house tomorrow. I am upset. I mean, it's Christmas and now I have to buckle down. DH and I agreed no presents for us this year. . . just the boys and my parents and nephew. I am going to stay positive. Things always work out in the end for me and every time I worry, I just stress myself out. I have no control over this. It will be what it will be. I think I might finally be getting wiser at 37 years old, lol. Is that because I am inching my way to 40?

Anyway. . . that's that! I met with my director and the high school teacher to go over the syllabus for the class I am going to be teaching other teachers. I am excited for this opportunity.

My younger DS is looking over my shoulder and wants me to do mad face, so here it is: :mad::mad::mad:

Amelia- I'm glad the job is better suited for you now. Management is nothing but headaches (unless you are the top gun). Good idea about going with the flow. December is a very hard month to stay on top of calories.

Cookie- I thought I was more a cat person until we got Baxter. I had my cat for 15 years and I adored him, bnut he didn't always adore me, lol. Baxter adores me that is for sure, lol. Dogs are soooooo much more affectionate and Baxter always wants to be in the same room with me, seeing what I am doing. My cat, Duke (named after a character from General Hospital), didn't miss me unless I went away for vacation for a week, lol.

Deb- I guess the new workouts will have to wait a bit longer, lol. I cannot buy any now until we get a new tenant.

Okay, off to try to relax

Kristin

Hey girls, Im getting ready for work.

Yesterday was a 3 mile power walk. Not sure what im doing today? I can't really think right now because I have a slight hangover :confused: Whiskey and diet coke was a bad decision last night :eek:

BBL :)

Just finished High Reps. I have actually worked out five days in a row now. I might just be getting back on track, lol. Hopefully I can keep this up.

Amelia- Whiskey and diet coke, lol. You are brave to have that kind of drink on a Monday night. I had one glass of wine last night and it knocked me out. I needed it after the news with our tenant.

BB tomorrow.

Kristin

Hi,

I skipped my workout today but lost my appetite anyway. This is a tough week I have a lot of Kohl's stores. My front cap fell off again last night, so upset went this morning to get fixed. I think he needs to change the cement he uses:confused: Holidays also mean stress with my older ds:(

Belinda - I hope your having fun in the sun!

Kristin - Maybe January will be a good time to get a rental because they wait until the holidays are over to make a move (keeping my fingers crossed). Great job getting in your workouts this week:)

Amelia - It's tough to have a hangover when you have to work;) It must be a relief to go to work and enjoy it.

Cookie - I hope your getting rest & feeling better. Your body was probably shocked with all the extra sleep you were getting:)

'Morning!
Belinda, how's the weather?
Amelia, its great that you're having less stress with this position. I had about half of an imperial stout last night. So interesting that most of us are imbibing! I'm scared of whiskey!
Kristin, that sucks. How did it go with your dh meeting with the realtor. I do think it is the adoration from dogs that turned dh into a dog person, b/c he has done a complete 180. However, he does remind me that three of them is enough.
Deb, hope you're feeling okay with the loss of appetite. My eldest son is major drama, and it is so wearing. Sorry to hear you are also experiencing it. Sometimes I think it is the worst version of a reality show.
Feel like I'm coming out of my cold coma and am going to do a yoga wo in a few mins. Made reservations last night for a conference in Tahoe in July and then a few days in Yosemite in July!!! So, I'm now more motivated for work, or not. Have an info session on retirement this afternoon.
Cookie

Good Morning,

I don't have to be at work until 9:30 this morning so my first thought was to get a workout in before I go.

The whiskey really made my tummy hurt all day yesterday :( I'm feeling better today. No more whiskey for a while :eek: I may buy some wine today though teehee...

Kristin- Im sorry to hear about your tenant. Sounds like your taking it very well and your right, there's nothing you can do so no need to worry. ( I know its hard not to worry though) sending you ((hugs)) and things always seem to workout in the end- BTW - Awesome job on your workouts girl :)

Cookie-Glad your feeling better :) Hope you had a great yoga session!

Debbie-:mad: on the Kohls front cap falling off. How frustrating. Hope your feeling better today and enjoy a workout today. :)

Hello to Melissa and Belinda :)

Ok, im working on my 2nd cup of coffee now, hoping to start a workout here shortly :) I will be right back to report it.

Jessica Smith's 30 minute kickboxing cardio & strength circuit workout done. Feeling great, so happy im done ;)

later girls...

Hi,

I did Power Hour tonight. I left work early so DH & I could visit the cemetary with my Mom to visit Stepdad. We also grabbed a bite to eat early & now I am starving:)

Amelia - It is a great feeling after you get a workout in. Too funny about the wine, maybe something with ginger ale if that doesn't work;)

Cookie - Your work/pleasure trip to Tahoe sounds great! Geez, don't think we caused our parents that much drama:confused:

Waves hi to everyone:)

'Morning!
Amelia, wine is much better on my stomach! Or at least if it is only a couple of glasses. Nice job w/getting your workouts in.
Kristin, how did it go yesterday. Wish I could have your attitude of not worrying about what you can't control - that is my major occupation at times - worrying.
Deb, nice that you were able to take your mom to the cemetary. That means a lot. Meant to tell you when my cap fell off last year, the whole tooth broke! That's why I needed a root canal and they're thinking of a dental implant. Or perhaps the dentist is thinking of a nice vacation in Antigua and wants me to have an implant. We definitely did not give our parents this level of grief - I wouldn't have lived, if I had.
Overslept this morning and now feel like my sinuses are a cement block. Oh well, hoping with lots of water all day and if I can skip a meeting after school, I feel up to squeezing in a workout when I get home. Yesterday I did yoga again so maybe that's why I slept! I'm loving sleeping.
Cookie

Hi,

I went to yoga class this morning but when I arrived I saw everyone coming to me & asked a friend if the class was cancelled . . . no I had the times mixed up:eek: Not the best way to start my day but it worked out so can't complain. I did do an Ultimate Yogi workout tonight hopefully it will help with my sleep like it does for Cookie;)

Cookie - I was thinking after the holidays of trying to incorporate Cathe with the UY & tonight I saw someone on OD say STS works well with UY. I know the prices for the dentist are crazy! Ouch your tooth story sounds painful, I need to have fixident handy at all times:rolleyes:

Waves hi to Belinda, Kristin, Amelia & Melissa

'Morning!
Deb, it is definitely helping my sleep! So, what did you think of UY?
Got yoga in last evening and did some of a kb routine. Just a few. But, got distracted by the dogs carrying on and didn't keep my form in a snatch, so my shoulder got tweaked a bit. Gonna take it easy this morning.
Meetings, meetings, meetings, and then a hockey game. Not expecting to see our team win, but it's a date with the dh.
Waves hi to all,
Cookie

Hi,

I didn't get a workout in today but did so much walking. Like someone told me today "Tiz the Season". My legs were even sore from walking. It was really bad weather today so I was happy I was only in one mall.

Belinda - Are you back yet?

Cookie - Have fun on your hockey date. I really like UY and when I'm working out think that Travis would make a good couple with Jessie my yoga instructor (weird I know) LOL.

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Icy here and cold. The weather forecast cancelled two workshops I was supposed to do this today, which is just great. I'm always happy to be home on a Saturday. UY and closet cleaning, and perhaps cookie baking on the schedule. Have another hockey date again this evening. Last night ended in a tie.
Deb, funny I have Travis matched up in my mind with someone I know! Is this a sauce weekend?
Cookie

Hey girls CCV3 done yesterday. I really enjoyed getting out and getting my jog on. Even if the weather wasn't too pretty.

The sun hasn't shined in so long :( kinda stinks...

I will bbl to report my workout & personals.

Good afternoon,

Cookie, thanks for starting us off this month! I am back from my vacation. We came back this morning around 3 am:confused: We had a blast in Antigua, I ate and drank way to much. The resort had 19 restaurants:eek: The food was so good!

I only worked out once, that was yesterday:confused: I did 45 min Zumba outside at the resort, that was fun! All I did on vacation is eat, drink and relax:p We did walked on the beach a few time, but for the most part I did nothing:eek:

I will try to catch up on personals. Have a great day/workout. BBL!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.