Commit to Get Fit and Lean for Thursday, July 14th

Good morning,

Slept in this morning, slept like a baby last night:) Today I will do MMA Boxing.

Iris - thanks for starting us off this morning. Have fun with your workout today.

Debbie - good job, with S90 wo yesterday. I actully enjoy not having to clean so much:p Skype is cool!

Kirstin - lets see how far I get with STS! I know for sure, I have enough weights for M1 and M2. I may have to pick up more weights for M3?

Have a great day everyone.

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes!!!!! :D 32 is going to be a great year!!! I can FEEL it!

Today is Cardio.....Splendid. lol. Not sure what I'll do. I'm thinking MMA Fusion or Rhythmic Step. I can't wait to join a gym again so I can get some sprints in....:confused:

Did some shopping yesterday, some eating, :eek: No dessert, just quite a few drinks! :eek:

Belinda- I skipped out on M1 Legs and just doing legs twice a week doing other workouts until M2. One day I'll try and do cardio and legs, and then the 2nd day just Legs. Other than that, it's just STS and Cardio as written!

Helene- How'd you know pink was my favorite color?? LOL. I'd use it more here, but I'm afraid for some it's too bright to read! And I know you're absolutely right....later in life doesn't mean that much! I think I'm going to go for it. ..... I must have missed the baby wipe conversation. What are they for?? So if you can, I'd just leave as early as possible Friday morning!! If you can, try and avoid 95! I think the Garden State Parkway, there's no tractor trailers either. The NJ girls will have to verify that. Do you want company Friday night? You seriously need some r and r time....:confused:

Melissa- Omg that's freaking nuts about the hospital. When you FINALLY start there, I'd give that woman who was supposed to be getting back to you the what for. Well, I'd wait until I was into it before I said something...lol. I just don't understand how the VOLUNTEER department isn't jumping all over this to set you up! Seriously..... And you're right...it's a no - brainer....

Kristin- Sounds like you had a good time!! I love watching kids on rides for the first time....lol.

Deb- How far are you from Jersey City? So this isn't really starting a new chapter, but going back and finishing one! lol

Have a great day ladies!

Good morning,

MMA Boxing plus abs are done!

Iris - have fun with your workout today.

I will be back later! My best to all.

Good morning! I did Muscle Max & 20 min of Leaner Legs this morning; I really wanted to do the whole thing but ran out of time :( Oh well!

Oh so the hospital ordeal gets better....instead of calling me back, volunteer lady emails me "You're all set." That's all. Um, so am I supposed to get my schedule by osmosis??? I wrote back to her "Thank you so much. Can you please let me know my hours?" and NO RESPONSE. Friggin tool. I just might lose it :mad:

Kristin, your day yesterday sounds awesome! Glad to hear everyone had fun. and GREAT job on eating clean!! Ooooh I think you might be right about the bonus WO on the pyramid. I have to go home and look now.

Deb, back to school already?! geesh!! I have been craving pizza too...prob cuz it's TOTM. DA is having his first official TOTM shopping trip w/ me for "supplies" lol. He said he didn't mind tagging along. Next step will be him picking the stuff up so I don't have to ;)

Belinda, what did you wind up doing with all your weights from the last STS cycle? I need sleep! At least it's my last early day of the week so I'm looking forward to sleeping past 4AM tomorrow :eek:

Iris, get anything good on your shopping trip? Oooh I just remembered I have a Macy's gift card. Maybe I will save it for fall stuff :D

Hi Girls:eek::p

Can you tell Im sheepish?:) Thought I would let you all know that I am still alive. Im not well....but alive. I am in my 11th week now and this as been the worst week to date. I thought or atleast hoped that this would be easing up by now....instead it did the opposite. In the meantime I haven't threw up in the last 2 days...that's a record! I am hoping over the next couple of weeks to feel more "normal". I haven't been working out either. I have gotten a couple of workouts in but nothing to rant about. I've gained about 5 lbs so far...which isn't that bad. I thought I had gained more. Even though I have been sick, I can still eat....its odd.

I am hoping to start checking in again when I resume working out. Atleast I will have something to talk about then. Glad to see you haven't forgotten about me!!!

Lori:)

What a crappy day so far. Stress isn't letting up:mad: I wake up to see my MIL here. sigh, we have SO MUCH stuff to do today and on top of that its my only day off for the next 7 days...YES! 7 frickin days straight of work...so I took the bull by the horns and called my FIL and told him we just couldn't watch her today. He didn't say a word to me or acknowledge me when he picked her up. I don't care...I feel bad that they don't have anybody else except one of her sisters who also works...but we are extremely busy in this house and they need to understand that.

There was a crises at work yesterday, the assistant bakery manager had a heart attack and she's going to be out the next month. And honestly - im ready to walk out the door:( Just fed up with work and my responsibilities there. Its bullshit! They should have hired someone a LONG time ago!!:mad: and now im expected to work all these hours when my kids are going back to school in about two weeks. I just want to spend more time with my kids:(

anyways...I'm on the verge of tears right now and have already cried twice today.

sorry to rant:(

Im taking my babies to see a movie tonight - Mr Poppers Penguins. :) Im going to forget about everything and just enjoy my night with them.

Lori-Glad to see you check in today.

hello to everyone

Back with personals:

I decited to do the 6 month STS rotation, I will do both STS rotations: one week I will do the Shock Cardio rotation, the second week I will do the orginal STS rotaiton. If there is a cardio I am not in the mood for that day, I will go for a run:eek: sounds good, right?

Lori - check in again, girl! I miss your posts! Just tell us how you feel, don't care if you don't work out or not, lol! CHECK IN, girl! Sorry, to hear still not feeling well (((HUGS)))

Amelia - awww.. I would feel the same way, it's all getting to much for you (((HUGS))) Your MIL and FIL do have to understand that you both are very busy with work and taking care of your kids. Enjoy the movie tonight.

Melissa - all my weights are in my household shipments, which is in storage right know. You go, girl! doing MM and LL today. Sorry, the are giving your such a hard time at that hospital. What's wrong with them??

Iris -glad you had an awesome day yesterday, good for you! I like how your rotation, very nice! I was wondering if I can add an extra leg wo in somewhere without killing myself? LOL!

Where is Cookie and Trish?

Kirstin, Debbie and Helene - what are you doing today?

Hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did I am sorry and HALLO just in case;) BBL!

Hi all! I just finished my workout for today, 4 DS Kickbox cardio only premix and STS M2 D20, Legs. My legs are fried!!!!! :eek::eek: I am going to jump in the shower and get everyone ready for tee-ball in a few minutes. Nikolas is so into baseball. Now they are in modified tee ball, which means they get pitched to 5 times, and then if they don't hit a pitch, they take out the tee. nikolas is pretty good at hitting, and he is so proud that he got three hits last game. He wants to be like Derek Jeter. It is really cool to see him so into it. It is money well spent, lol.

LORI!!!!! SO glad to see you on here!I am sorry that you are not feeling well, but still glad to know you are doing okay. You don't have to be working out now to check in, ;). Keep that baby and yourself strong!!!!!

Amelia- (((HHHUUUUGGGGSSSSS)))). You have so much going on right now. The bakery needs to hire someone at this point. In this economy with so many people out of work it cannot be hard to find someone to work there. Maybe they are just doing what a lot of companies seem to be doing, trying their best to not have to pay for the people they need by making the employees do more and more and more. Hang in there. Mr. Popper's Penguins was a good movie. I really enjoyed it and so did Nikolas. It is adorable and has a nice message. Plus, it is a CLEAN movie. . . not something you find everyday, lol.

Melissa- I don't get the whole hospital thing. Volunteerism is down all over, why are they not jumping on this? Bizarre!!!!! RT is quickly approaching. . . I can see you smiling now, lol.

Belinda- MMA Boxing might be on the agenda for tomorrow ;) If I cannot move my legs, it might be the only workout I will get through, lol.

Iris- so which workout did you choose? What is really cool about Chris is that he is very much like me. I thought he would be scared on the rides, especially the roller coaster, but he had such a huge smile as he was screaming. It is awesome!

Deb- the pizza was gooooooddddd, lol. Sometimes we gotta give in, ;)

Waves hello to everyone else!

Kristin

Hey there! Sorry I've been mia, but between work and family, it has been absolutely crazy. Read over today and yesterday's thread but still will need to catch up on the others.
Iris, Happy Birthday. I actually woke up thinking that your birthday was today. Sorry 'cause now I see I missed it. Are you going back to school?
Belinda, did your house close yet? Are you still in Harper's Ferry?
Helene, I hear ya on the dh and schedules! It is sooo frustrating. What did you decide to do about the pm? I'm in Baltimore until noon on the 29th. If I take the train to Philly to get to the rt, would you be willing to give me a ride back to Albany on Sunday? Please?
Lori, glad you're doing better. Five pounds is nothing, especially for you.
Amelia, I loved the book Mr. Popper's Penguins as a kid. Hope the movie is wonderful for you and yours.
Melissa, that volunteer lady is incompetent. Don't you wonder what her superiors are thinking?
Kristin, are you enjoying summer vaca? What are you reading? I finally read a Jennifer Weiner and now wish I was sitting on a beach reading all her books.
Trish, how are you doing?
Deb, I saw back-to-school stuff at Target right after school was out, even before the 4th of July. Crazy. How are your inlaws doing?
I've been resting and am feeling better. My it band is still sore, but I really want to participate in everything at the rt. I can't wait to see everyone. Found out a couple of days ago I have to be in Baltimore the 22nd to 29th, and I had to swallow hard. Now am trying to work it out. But then be home again until the Sunday evening - actually now that I'm thinking about it, that might not be too bad. Shhhh, please don't tell my family I said that.
Cookie

Evening all,

Trying to relax before my meeting starts. Hate those Thursday nights. Hopefully it won't last too long this time.

Iris: Are you thinking this Friday tomorrow or the Friday of the RT? Sorry I'm confused :eek: Tomorrow would be fine except I am alone with the kids so they will want some attention and they go to late around 9 to 9:30PM. So kinda late. But your welcome....and a warning: my house is NOT fit for company. :confused:

Lori: Yeah, there she is. Woot, woot. We've all been somewhat patiently for you to join us again. You can just log in to chat. No need to worry about that. Sucks about you getting sick so bad. It sucks. I can remember it. Ugh. So if you only gained 5lbs, you probably still fit into your lulu. ;)

Cookie: It's mayhem around here. I'll touch base with you at the RT if you have time. Or on the way home. I'd be more than happy to give you a ride back. No problem at all. :) How is the IT band?

Deb: Don't you dare mention back to school displays again until after the RT! Deal? Wish we could set our schedules. That would be nicer right? How dare work get in the way? :rolleyes:

Kristin: :eek: at the baseball talk. I can't follow it. I think it's because I didn't grow up here. I got to be friends with the daughter of the GM for the dodgers when I was in college. We got to sit in the box with him. Cool, but I still didn't get into it. Too many rules. That's quite a workout and quite a day you had. You and Melissa are trying to kill each other with workout before the RT? ;)

Trish: What happened to you checking in? :p

Amelia: {{{Hugs}}} OK, so I hope you got everything done. It sucks about your schedule. Good job for standing up today. It's not easy, but there has to be balance. Don't beat yourself up. You have given a lot. We're here for you :) I hope the lady with the heart attack is better soon. :( When it rains it pours. But at some point it stops.

Belinda: You are one organized lady with your workout gear and it's place in the RV. Wow!

Melissa: I don't remember what your had today. Thank god you got the hours at the hospital close by. Now I just hope you can get your schedule. :confused: What a joke. Seriously, I hope she's a volunteer and doesn't get paid herself for this. :mad: OK, rant over.

Not much new here. I did my last workout of the first CLX phase this morning. That went by quickly. I'm looking forward to the next one. I think I have gotten a lot of strength for pushups with this routine. I am surprised by it but I am happy with the results so far. On Saturday I got tickets to take DD to see the NY city ballet who are up around here and we can get relatively cheap tickets. It should be fun.

Still can't figure out the eats. Yesterday I was hungry and vaccumed everything that was in sight. Today I'm not hungry. WTF?!

Hi everyone (& Lori too!!!),

The one good thing about working with my boss is I get home early:) She broke the news that she's moving to Florida, but she works from home approving reports etc. . . so it works. I feel so bad she just went through a messy divorce & her husband put them in so much debt, she can't afford to live in the Northeast anymore but on the bright side moving near family.

I did S90 legs & walked about 20 min. on the TM. DS's birthday is Saturday but we went out tonight to celebrate because he is going to the Jersey shore tomorrow. My other DS said he saw them filming the "Jersey Shore" show when he was there last week.

Belinda - Great job with MMA boxing. If you do the 6mo., what about the new workouts?

Lori - So sorry you are sick, but only 5lbs is good. Even if you can't w/o check-in anyway.

Iris - Sounds like you had a fun birthday!! Jersey City is about 30 - 40 minutes from me, but not my favorite place to go . . . need to go over a bridge that is so old, I'm always glad when I make it over it:)

Melissa - Too funny about the supplies, DH would have a heart attack if I even left the box on the counter and not in this lifetime would he ever buy them:) My guess is that woman just doesn't want to take the time to go through everything with you . . . maybe you should just show up:D

Amelia - Rough day for you:( It's tough when everyone is pulling you in so many directions and you don't get to do the things you want to do.

Kristin - Wow, your getting in lots of w/o's now that your home for the summer:) How cool your son had 3 hits.

Cookie - Ugh, on the Baltimore situation but it sounds like you will work it out. Maybe you'll be able to rest up before RT more then if you were home;)

Helene - It sounds like your liking CLX too:) I know at any other time we wouldn't care about work issues, but not when it gets in the way of the RT:eek:

Trish - Hi

Goodnight:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.