CLX Workout Log

Those that did p90x and are doing CLX, any difference in results? or which is more intense? I'm not sure which to start ? I want to use one to get ready for STS?
Tammy

Also, is anybody doing a check-in here or on another board, or want to start one? I would love to join one!

P.S. Sorry trigirl, I've never done P90X.

I sent the CLX worksheets to everyone who requested. Let me know if you don't receive them for some reason. :)

Cynthia, not yet! LOL. Maybe that's the problem!? I am so going to regret asking this, but as one blond to another, what does the W/R mean in the logs? I am having a moment...WAIT! Weights / reps? AHA!

I was going to not post that but what the heck, just so you all know how s-l-o-w I can be in the morning! :)

You got it!
Weights/reps. Some of the exercises I can only squeeze out 10reps. Just remember when you choose a weight...if you find 12 reps are easy, you need to pick up a heavier weight.
My first time out, I did not always pick up the right weight. If the weight is right, my muscles are screaming by the 6th rep.

Cynthia: Yep, thanks. I previewed them and thought that picking a weight was going to be difficult. I am so used to using a weight that I can do for 2-3 sets that the adjustment is going to be tough. Plus, I don't want to overcompensate and go so heavy that my form stinks.

Those that did p90x and are doing CLX, any difference in results? or which is more intense?
I did a P90X rotation, and am starting CLX. I think it's too early to talk about "results," since those of us who have done P90X did the 90 day rotation, and no one has had CLX for that long yet (the most I've seen is someone in week 3). Though I did notice my legs feeling more 'toned'/tighter after just a couple of the workouts.

It's a bit hard to compare, because they are different.

CLX has a unique way of combining two exercises (one lower body, one upper) in the same move, but not simultaneously (at least not in the first and last phases). You do things like step into a forward lunge, lean forward, do a rear delt flye S-L-O-W-L-Y, then dip down another 1" into the lung (killer!) and stand back up. That kind of combination move makes each move seem not as challenging as it is, IMO. By the end of most workouts, my muscles are shaking. I also have kind of an ongoing, deep, 'in new muscles', butt DOMS going on.

P90X workouts are all around an hour long. CLX weight workouts are around 30-35 minutes: they are more time efficient.

I do think CLX hits the lower body and glutes better than P90X does (as least for me). It works the lower body every training day, while rotating through upper body. It also does a good job on rear delts and upper back, which are often neglected areas, but really help with posture.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could send me the logs.

I haven't ordered CLX yet, planning to order this weekend. I just finished P90X, and was going to do another round. Not sure if I'll wait for CLX, or go ahead and start another round of the X first.

Thanks,
Scott
[email protected]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.