******<Clean & Tidy Hump Day>******

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Thought I would just start our thread for the day. Got done doing an uphill run tonight and abs. Felt great!

Where is Angie??? Good morning Angie and hope you're okay!

Lisa

I'm here! I had to get the girls out to school early this morning and we all slept in after a busy weekend. I am going to do MM this morning - just didn't happen yesterday. Partially b/c I was too tired, partially b/c I have some major DOMS in my hams (those one legged dead lifts w/balance move in L&G!), and partially b/c Ryan's still on the mend and I couldn't leave the girls with him. Excuses excuses...

Counseling was good last night. We're making progress... getting to the bottom of things. It's good - not as hard as I thought it would be.

Some really good friends of ours from AZ have been on the verge of divorce for the past few months. My heart was breaking for them and I've never prayed so hard and long about anything in my life. I found out yesterday that the husband "came home" and they're going to make it work. I still don't have details but I'm SOOOO excited! Can I get a YAY God? :)

Anyway, Ryan's home again today... on the couch watching Kirate Kid. :)

I'll be back later - I know I owe a lot of personals!!!

Happy hump day!

Good morning ladies! This may be the first morning in about - oh, 6 weeks - that I have gotten out of bed on time. Hooray!

Lisa, hills??:eek: I really need to start training hills - there is a bridge I have to cross during my race (around mile 8 I think) and it is one mile long and 4% incline. I have *never* run hills today - maybe I should start working on that today.
Angie, I have heard you mention that couple before and their troubles and to be honest I prayed for them too. I'm so glad things seem to be looking up for them. The power of prayer is amazing! Glad counseling is going well for you and Ryan!
.....and "overdue" personals I owe............
Robin, congrats on the job interview! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed! By the way, when I decided to go back to work after being home with Collin for 1.5 years, it took me about 4 months to find a job in my field!
Klaudia, cute bathing suit! I love VS bikinis but I HAVE to have an underwire top - otherwise I would order that one right now! Let us know when it arrives!
Anne, how did condo hunting go last night? Fingers crossed for you! In four weeks I am going out of town to a work conference, so I will be at a hotel for 3 nights. I will be able to run but no lifting probably.
Morris, thanks for the recommendation on FF's Jan rotation - once I start "officially" training for my half, I will need to devote more time to running and less to lifting I'm sure.
Kath, my race is Nov. 8th - about 16 weeks away. Do you run every day? How is your fur-baby today?
Colleen, did you get out of work at a decent hour yesterday? How is the car?
Kate, what did you love so much about FF's Dec. rotation? How is the company going?

Today's wo will be a run - hopefully a respectable # of miles since I am out of bed on time - and this evening I need to do 4DS shoulders.

I am only working til noon today, then home for lunch and then I have 2 appointments - #1 is with my midwife for my "annual" and #2 is with a dermatologist for a skin scan to discuss possible sun damage issues, etc.

bbiab

MM is done. That's a tough one.

Morning Katie! Great job getting up early. Hope your run goes well. Good luck with your appointments today. And thanks so much for your prayers for my friends! It means the world to me.

Going to shower and snuggle with my still sick husband. At least girls are at school all day having fun swimming and going to a nature center. Nice and quiet around here. Feels like weekends pre-kids.

BBL for aforementioned promised personals.

Good Morning girls :) :) :) :)

Lisa: Morning or goodnight to you :) Where do you live again? I'm sorry I don't remember if you told me already. Great job on hill runs. I have several courses(paths) I run in my town. One has a series of hills---some short and some steep. I call it my butt workout :)

Angie: Glad counseling went well and YAY on your friend's marriage. Prayer is very powerful. I love MM----did MM abs yesterday *twice* :eek:

Katie: Yay on getting out of bed early. DH is up at 5:15 daily for work--crazy cause he doesn't need to be in that early. I usually get up with him and inhale some coffee then run. I run at least 5 days a week. I know enough to give the legs a rest day otherwise I'd be facing injuries. I use mapymyrun and make up my own running routes. Keeps me motivated and focus I guess LOL. Sounds like you have a full plate today. Hope it goes well. Thank you also for asking about my *fur baby* he struggled several times yesterday. DH and I had to swing over to his mom's last night to visit with his sister. My kids said that the dog howled when we left. MY DS informed me he did that also yesterday when I left to pick DD up at work. This is a first and only happens when I leave :(

I'm feeling strong and fit today--nothing like a few days of clean eating and sleep to make ya feel human :) :) Think Ill do a 5 or 6miler today--have to check out routes. I'm also working tris.

Last night at DH's mom's place. They had crappy munchie food and of course beer . I refused both asking for a bottled water. We were enjoying our visit when DH's mom says to me "Kathleen--you aren't drinking??? C'mon get yourself a beer" Nothing like peer pressure from your 88 yr old MIL LOL!! I refused one. She said I need to eat more bread LOL! DH had a few beers and ate the munchies. That made her a happy person :p

Ok I need a refill of the coffee and need to figure out what route I'm taking today --BRB

Have a wonderful day girls :) :) :)

od morning all. i actully have had un uninterrupted 15 minutes to shower, have m,y decaf, and read the thread! what a great morning!!

angie, so glad about your friend - they will be in my prayers. also great for you and ryan. opening up and really communicating feels so good i think. makes every part of life better.

lisa, great job with the hill run. i will miss mine dearly when i move to florida. i have to get up very early to run so i am done when the boys get up, except my really long run one day a week.

kath, i have had trouble with the mapmyru site. i am kind of a computer dummy though. lol at the beer pressure!

katie, hope you have a good run today.

robin, an interview? fantastic!!

kate, how is company?

klaud, i got an awesome vs bikini this year. my favorite periwinkle color:D

well, i made it thru the last family event. it was such a fiasco. my brother wanted to take 13 of us out to dinner, but my mom picked the place. not child friendly for 1 and 3 yos:mad:also, very expensive, and my brother visibly blanched when he got the bill. so i insistedon going havers, but even with that, it was way more then we can afford. i mean, that was our food budget:( but what do you do? i'd rather have had snacks at home! anyways, my eats were still clean all day, and i am feeling leaner today. scale is down a bit, but i really want it more dramatic. i suppose i should be happy i see good changes, though. haircut and showing the house today. fingers crossed!

can you say dumb?:p bff & i stayed up til 3:30!!!! j up @ 630!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

and .......sob!!!!..............
they leave after lunch.

will try to bbl!

oh kate, i feel for you! sorry your friends are leaving - enjoy these last few moments!

anne, do you prefer town to suburbs or country? we live in the country now but are moving to a more townlike area, and i am excited to be able to walk to more things.

robin, did you order insanity? i know angie and colleen did but....

colleen, how is your knee these days? are you still looking hard for a job?

okay, i think i finally caught up, and lo and behold, kiddos still sleeping! maybe this is a good omen for my day and selling our home...

can you say dumb?:p bff & i stayed up til 3:30!!!! j up @ 630!!!

Sounds like the RT!

Morris - hooray for sleeping babies and a quiet house!
Kath - I want that 'strong and lean' feeling you are referring to. I think I lost mine somewhere in the OBX a few weeks ago!

Hi Lisa good night :confused: good morning :)

Angie that's great news God listens to prayers. I'm glad your counseling is going well.

Katie thanks for the encouraging words. Sometimes I just want thing right now. Sun damage issues?!!:eek: I hope everything is ok. When I was a kid no one put on sun screen.

Kath MIL pressure...too funny. I'm glad you did not cave in:D

Nina funny about the dinner bill. I know that gotta hurt. It's great when the scale is down even if it just a few pounds. It's so easy to gain weight but hard to lose. I hope you get a buyer today. Oh no I'm scared of insanity...you can go first and let me know how it is.

Kate....are you sleepy:eek: WAKE UP...and get a nap later on. LOL

---------------------
Today I'm going to do some cardio...maybe Dynamic kickbox
I'm shopping for b-day gifts...my own.
So far I'm buying Chalean Fat Burn, Get Lean Abs DVD; HRM; Cathe Terminator; interview dresses; and ???

bbl menu

Morning! GS chest and triceps done! I did all the drop set pushups on my toes without a longer rest- woo hoo! You gotta love meso 1 for improving your push up skills. :) I also did one segment from Mindy Mylrea's Cardio Toolbox. She has a presale going on now and I want one! Her DVDs are never cheap, though. Hoping Kelly Coffey Meyer's new ones will come out sometime in the next month, too.

Kate: ACK on the no sleep! Oh well, it was worth it I'm sure.

Katie: WTG on getting up on time! I did Debbie's Dec 08 rotation- lots of heavy lifting that really fatigued and challenged the muscles. I think it was lighter on cardio- only 2 days a week if I remember right.

Kath: TWICE through MM abs? UGH ICK BLECH! LOL. I am not a huge fan of working abs, but I do it. No way would I do MM abs twice- once is enough for me. :p Way to resist the beer (I love beer and miss it) and LOL at the peer pressure from your MIL.

Angie: Glad you got MM in today- that is a great full body wo. Hope Ryan is feeling better, but glad you get to enjoy having him to yourself for a while.

Robin: Oh, good luck with the job! I will cross my fingers for you- so hard to be patient with that. You know the right thing will come around.

Morris: Oh the restaurant story made me wince! What a nice sister you are, though. Glad the eats have been clean- good here too. Woo hoo! I haven't weighed but things are fitting looser again and I feel nice and lean. Thank goodness, don't want to go on the RT feeling puffy and nasty.

Anne: You would hate my neighborhood, suburban HELL! :D I never minded the burbs but I get why you might not care for them, especially if you don't have kids.

Lisa: Hi! UGH on hill runs too! I prefer my running flat and slow, lol.

I want Insanity. And P90X. DRAT cannot spend money on this right now! I have RT expenses coming up.

Thanks Patti. wTG with push up:D Please stop telling me about new workouts...you know that I'm weak and I have my cc right here.;)
I finally pre-ordered Cathe STS cardio. My invoice is #2764 WOW only Cathe can get so many to send her $$$. Maybe I can get a job as Cathe private nurse.:D

I've change my mind and did not order the Chalean stuff. I'll check out Mindy Mylrea's Cardio Toolbox

bbl

Good Morning All!

Got my weights in yesterday but no cardio. Today will be S&H Legs and a run/walk on the tm. Can't train with Danica this week because of her dance schedule. We'll start up again next week. Gotta get some cleaning done before my friend comes into town tomorrow. Other than that, nothing else planned for today.

Angie, glad to hear your friends are working things out. We've been fortunate with our friends-no divorces. I pray it stays that way. Way to go on MM-I love that workout! Enjoy your time with Ryan today:)

Katie, great job on getting up early! Hope you get a nice long run in! Re the bikini: I'd love one with an underwire too, but they don't make them in my weird size: 32C:( I'm hoping for some lift-the halter should help.

Lisa, nice job on the run! See you later:)

Kath, I use mapmyrun all the time too! My family's always trying to get me to eat more too. Hopefully now that my mom got diagnosed with diabetes that will stop! And I like an occasional CAB but refuse to be like my SILS who drink a lot and wonder why they're overweight! Have a great run!

Nina, glad you got some free time this morning:) Holy moly on the dinner bill! People can be very insensitive to stuff like that. Yay to the scale! I am very happy with mine this week-let's see if it lasts! Good luck with the showing and enjoy your salon time. Which bikini did you get?

Kate, get some rest! I have a feeling my weekend is going to be the same:)

Robin, that's the best person to shop for!;) When do you hear back on the interview?

Patti, great job on c&t! Insanity scares me!

Hi Colleen and Anne!

Off to get some breakfast...

Robin: Sorry for enabling! You'd like Cardio Toolbox- terrific add-on after weights.

Klaudia: I have a halter tie bikini from Athleta (no underwire) and I think it does the lifting job, so hopefully you'll find the same result. The tie lets you take 'em as high as you want. :eek:

Hi Everyone!

I am sore today. Last week I did some kb drills to get my form down. Last night I did my first real workout - AOS Providence and it kicked my butt. I want to ask for a motor scooter to get around the office. This morning I did LoMax the 2nd premix because I was short on time. I got up and Chris and I caught up since I worked late Monday and he worked late yesterday. Today my Insanity arrives - I am so excited!!!!

Patti, ^5 on the push-ups and feeling leaner.
Kath, way to avoid the beer and munchies. Don't you hate mil's? Mine always tries to get me to eat crap too. Then gives me a sob story that she made it for me.
Robin, yeah - you ordered STS cardio. Good luck with your job search.
Katie, you have no hills where you? I am so jealous. I have a hard time finding flat areas to run.
Nina, I am still looking for a job. I have to call someone today about a job. We have been playing phone tag since 7/2. Good luck with the showing today.
Anne, when I saw your house I can't believe you live in a city. We are so squished together here that you could never get that much land without paying a million bucks in DC (unless you don't mind living in a bad neighborhood).
Angie, I am glad things are working out for your friends. Enjoy your weekend day at home.
Kate, I hope you can take a nap today. I am sorry your company is leaving.
Klaudia, I can't imagine 4 hours of dance every night. I always hate cleaning.

Colleen YAY Insanitymax

Klaudia they said that they will call on Monday.
Even if I don't get the job I still feel optimistic.:)

Wow, y'all are chatty this morning!

Robin, good luck on the job! I'm glad the interview went well. At least they told you when they'll make a decision, right?

Colleen, LOL about the motor scooter! I'm glad you enjoyed the kettlebell work out. I don't wear bikinis either, partly because I don't have the shape, but also because I don't want to expose my belly or my back. Neither of mine have seen the sun in YEARS.

Klaudia, have fun with your friend tomorrow, you must be so excited!

Patti, I bow to your greatness! I wouldn't be able to do all the pushups in that work out on my knees right now. Good job!

Nina, sorry about the fd. But it's behind you now, right? I hate it when people are insensitive like that. You asked where I like to live--I grew up in the country (read: on a farm) and I prefer that or right in the city. I like the urban aspect of walking to things and the diversity the city provides. When I was in my 20s I used to tease people at work for living in the 'burbs, so I feel like it's hypocritical to move there now, kwim? But, things change and people change, so we'll see.

Kate, enjoy the last few hours with your company!

Kath, good job feeling strong and fit! Don't you love that feeling?

Lisa, how was your night? I hope you got some rest and that baby is feeling better.

Angie, what good news about your friends! I'm glad counseling went well, too.

Katie, you got up on time? I'm not familiar with that sensation.

So, I looked at 4 more condos last night, 2 in a 'burb and 2 more in a different 'burb. I liked the space and layout of one of them, but it's in a soulless subdivision (I said soulless--they're not all like that! Don't be offended if you live in a sub.). I don't know, I told Jim last night I don't know if I can leave the house. Thanks for the nice comments on it--we have the smallest house with the biggest backyard on the block. And I just love it there. Having said that, my realtor sent me 10 more properties and I'm going to look at 7 of them. But Jim is going to start looking, too. So, we'll see.

Okay, bbiab.

anne

Hey chatty girls!

I have a few minutes before I have to pick up the girls so I'm going to try to catch up! I spent a good portion of the day planning our trip to Barcelona and I'm getting really excited about it. We leave the 27th (monday) and will be back on friday (the 31st). No internet...

SO... here goes!

Lisa, how are you? I feel like we never get to "see" each other! Glad you were able to get in a good run. Hope all is well!

Kath, I hate enabling family members. It's almost as though they want to feel better about their terrible eating so they want to suck others into it. Way to stand your ground! I can't believe you did MM abs twice - I was groaning through them! :)

Nina, glad you had a quiet morning. ***HOUSE SELLING VIBES*** It's going to happen!!! Sorry about the fd dinner fiasco! Ryan would have been so annoyed!

Kate, I regret it so much when I stay up too late. I always feel like I'm hungover the next day - even if I didn't drink. Plus, it's just silly when you have to be with kids all day... ugh. Hope you're getting through!

Katie, you'll get your strong and lean feel back soon! Vacation takes a bit to recover from. I know Barcelona and tapas will be rough!!

Robin, your WOs sound so fun lately. And I love your birthday list. Good luck with the job stuff! It's always a fun excuse to buy new clothes right?

Patti, great job with GS chest and tris! I need to work on my pushup skills for sure. I'm glad to do 10 on my toes! And this whole check in is a total group of enablers... I want it all!!!

Hey Klaudia, sounds like a relatively quiet day for you. Have fun cleaning. I've been meaning to ask you how you picked your girls' names. They're all so unique!

Colleen, LOL on the scooter! That's hilarious. So, I haven't ordered Insanity yet b/c I'm trying to figure out shipping. I don't think BB ships to Europe so I'll prob send it to my MIL and have her bring it in a few weeks. I can't wait to hear what you think. Did you see Fit44 (Cynthia) is doing 4DS weight work with it? What are you thinking?

Anne, keep us posted on the condo hunt. I'm not sure what I would want to do in your situation. I can see wanting a fresh start but can also see wanting to stay somewhere comfortable. Hang in there - hopefully you'll be able to make a decision soon. (((HUGS)))

Ok, off to pick up my babies. I miss them when they're gone all day. Ryan was on the couch all day and now is in bed. Not sure what's going on there... fever for 3 days. Ugh.

Later gators!

abs and legs done, house is clean, aidan needs lunch, then i must do errands during the showing. it is a good day here!

angie, i did not realize you were going to barcelona in 2 weeks. just your family, or with friends?

klaud, i got my bikinia in the store and it is a pushup halter no wire and works okay, but i cannot jump around in it or i'd have a wardrobe malfunction;) i am jealou of your 32c - i am a pitiful 34b - i hate my wide rib cage:mad:

colleen, when does your insanity arrive? hmmm, that sounds kind of funny. my insanity arrived when my house went on the market... ha ha!

patti, i LOVE the pu in c and t. great job with them. my clothes are fitting comfy and loose too. yes!

robin, you sound really upbeat and psoitive. when is your b-day? mine is coming up - maybe i need to do some shopping. i need a troy light bar and some 30lb db's. (
hint hint dh...)

aidan is awake!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.