chrismtas music already?!?!?!

ldy_solana

Cathlete
i was flipping through stations in my car this afternoon and one of our stations are already on their holiday music kick. all the way up until 25th of december they will be playing christmas music. got me thinking WOW they started early. usually the day after thanksgiving they start.

i am all for christmas and dh and i are making plans but we are not ready to be holly jolly putting up the tree break out the egg nog mood. we barely have a menu for thanksgiving and its just the three of us.

even when we went trick or treating at the mall they had christmas trees up in the stores and started putting up the holiday train and santa's booth.

as lewis black said halloween was halloween and santa wasn't poking his nose in it LOL.

don't know just had to put it out there. i love the holidays but to me christmas is christmas and it doesn't start before thanksgiving LOL

kassia

No joke! my boss has been playing Christmas music from her iPhone since July! if I hear the Elvis version of Blue Christmas one more time I'm boycotting the Holidays! I was singing in my head "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" today while running a few errands! UGH! :eek:

OH NO dani, i am not a fan of elvis christmas anyway and listening to it when i am trying to get my tan on isn't making me any bigger of a fan! LOL. at least they played the bing crosby/david bowie little drummer boy i can handle that but then i had to change channel LOL.

kassia

NO, NO, NO!

I'm with you, this is TOO early!!!! I love fall and Thanksgiving and I don't want Christmas spoiling it! I refuse to listen to anything Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving. It drives me crazy!!! Nor do I look at Christmas decorations in the store in Nov. I'm a bit anal about it :).

Susan

Our local radio station has been playing Christmas music since Nov 1. This is the third or fourth year that they have done. They play it 24/7. Then it stops on Dec 26. Isn't Christmas season from Thanksgiving til New Year's? When they start playing it so early I then think "they are playing it early I have a ton of time til Christmas" and next thing I know here it is and I am not ready.

I was in Target on Tuesday and heard Christmas music. Of course Christmas items have been out since Sept/Oct in some places. I am not ready for Christmas but I love college bowl games!

Its wonderful, isn't it?? Apparently, I am the voice of dissent here. I was driving to work this morning, and I thought "lets see if the Christmas staion is up and running" And it was. Oh happy, happy day!!! Falalalalalala!!!!:D:D:D Sadly though, the 1st song I heard on it was the Christmas Shoes tune, which is one of the mostly horrendous, awfulest, horrible, miserable, depressing, crappy Christmas songs out there. It ranks right up there with Suzy Snowflake in terms of ear pain. But other than that, I sang along on the way to work :):):)

Taks a look at the five and dime, glistening once again, with candy canes and silver lanes aglow!!!

Nan

A friend of mine, a huge tough cop with a crew cut :eek: started listening to Christmas music in October! He insists that any month that ends in "ber" is fair game for Christmas. He's like a big kid, it just kills me!

I am guilty of playing th Christmas music & also watching Christmas movies - I love that holiday feeling!! Trying to hold off on the baking though :rolleyes:

A friend of mine, a huge tough cop with a crew cut :eek: started listening to Christmas music in October! He insists that any month that ends in "ber" is fair game for Christmas. He's like a big kid, it just kills me!

oh gosh just like my dh. i dunno i guess its annoying to me b/c when i was a kid we had distinct definitions of the meaning of these holidays. all my dd(whom is autistic so she doesn't always understand) thinks christmas is like NOW LOL. i mean on thanksgiving we do put up our tree and stuff b/c dh and compromised there(i wouldn't do it until 2nd week of december). i just like thanksgiving to be about the history and thankful from what we have accomplished and the sharing.

nan,that is a depressing song for the love of all that is holy now is not the time for depressing stuff for me LOL. i guess just the thought of what christmas has become makes me sick. all this about shopping(which i love to do but not a reason for the season just an excuse to go shopping LOL) and what can you get me, how much is everybody spending. its bad, i just want to have the feeling of enjoyment of putting up the tree and the family together doing something fun. DOING something is more important to me than buying something. like i want to bake cookies for our Ymca lifeguards that have been so good to our baby and understanding her autism and MAKE them cards. all the while the depressing of "what are you going to get for that special someone?" what is this about getting how about making or doing something all year long but just making something extra special.

i dunno maybe that's why i can't get in the mood. although we just dropped off another donation for the area food banks and that helped my spirit a bit. i feel good in my heart that b/c i cared enough to drop off donations that they might have enough to help my somebody's thanksgiving as good as mine will be. i was told by a friend last night i am just getting old and crotchety LOL.

well in that case happy holidays(ie, thanksgiving,christmas,Hanukkah,new years,ramadan)LOL

kassia

I am guilty of playing th Christmas music & also watching Christmas movies - I love that holiday feeling!! Trying to hold off on the baking though :rolleyes:

well thanksgiving dh insists on starting the decorating. at least putting the tree up. i can go with that. viola breaks out the christmas story movie, okay TNT does the 24 hours on christmas but in this house its the month of december LOL. i will admit to breaking out national lampoon's christmas vacation. that movies makes me laugh and does help the spirit. about a man who wants to make it the magical family christmas and things back fire but he still keeps truckin'. i think that helps me a bit but i still like doing my christmas stuff december 1 i guess month of december has always been the start of the holiday for me. LOL

kassia

UGH! I can't stand it!! I actually boycott the mall this time of year because I DO NOT want to look at all the cheesy Christmas decorations, which were up 2 weeks ago already!! That's what I love about Nordstrom's -- they won't put up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving.

I love the anticipation of Christmas and the joy and hope it represents to me, so yes, I'm playing Christmas music already...LOL!

I'm guilty - I admit it. Starting November 1st I start listening to Christmas music here and there. Then on Black Friday and thereafter, I am listening to it 24/7. I don't know why - can't explain it but Christmas and Christmas music just gives me a sense of joy, hope, peace and all of that good stuff!!!!!!!!!

Its wonderful, isn't it?? Apparently, I am the voice of dissent here. I was driving to work this morning, and I thought "lets see if the Christmas staion is up and running" And it was. Oh happy, happy day!!! Falalalalalala!!!!:D:D:D Sadly though, the 1st song I heard on it was the Christmas Shoes tune, which is one of the mostly horrendous, awfulest, horrible, miserable, depressing, crappy Christmas songs out there. It ranks right up there with Suzy Snowflake in terms of ear pain. But other than that, I sang along on the way to work :):):)

Taks a look at the five and dime, glistening once again, with candy canes and silver lanes aglow!!!

Nan

I go to the Xmas music channel on AOL Radio at least a couple of times a week. I LOVE xmas music, makes me happy anytime. And Christmas Shoes should absolutely be outlawed. We should write to the singer and ask for a written apology for being subjected to it. It is just plain wrong.

I'm with you-- bring on Christmas!! :)

DH is really annoyed because we were at the mall yesterday and there were already Christmas trees and up and Christmas music being played (he prefers this stuff to wait until after Thanksgiving, too!), but Christmas is by far my favorite time of year (for the right reasons!-- spending time with family and watching Christmas movies and stuff!!), so I get all giddy when I see the Christmas regalia come out of hiding!

MC

Blech! Our syndicated radio station here started the same crappola. I despise Chirstmas music for the most part (Humbug, that's me!) except for Christmas in Hollis and the Peanuts album.....which is nice to listen to when the snow starts to fall. I don't even know if I will be bothered with a tree this year.

Well, Ms. Beavs, I will make you a Xmas mix (after Thanksgiving, of course!;)), and it will include:

Santa Goes Straight to the Ghetto- James Brown
Mary- Lou Barlow
Merry Christmas ( I Don't Want to Fight Tonight) - The Ramones
River-Joni Mitchell
F**k Christmas - Eric Idle
We Three Kings, Patti Smith
Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) - Death Cab for Cutie
Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
Father Xmas- The Kinks
Christmas in the Trenches - John McCutcheon
16, Maybe Less - Iron & Wine
Auld Lang Syne - Jimi Hendrix (live at the Fillmore!!)
Happy Days and Auld Lang Syne - Richard Thompson

Seriously, hang in there, babe; I know it's going to be a rough one this year for you. (((HUGS))) Maybe a visit to Richmond is in store???:)

Ah yes! I cannot wait to hear it. Perhaps I can put it on the the ol' Sansa Fuze and listen during that train ride to Richmond ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.