*** Cheetahs *** Wed., 8/9

Shelly - We keep getting the overcast day, but none of the rain. About 3 weeks ago we were hit by a MAJOR storm (the worst thunder and lightening I have ever experienced... and I'm originally from MN, so I've been through my share). That was it though. A couple days of rain, but nothing in the past couple weeks. It would be nice though because the temps are almost back to normal... 107 yesterday.

Katie

Shelly!! Yep, I'm doing Hal Higdon's novice plan. We're actually switching weeks around a bit, we were supposed to do 16 last week but did 12 & are doing 16 this week, then the half marathon next week, then 18 & 20, then it's taper time!!! Good luck w/ your marathon too!!! I'm getting more nervous/ excited as the time goes on! Just can't wait to get the 20 miler out of the way now!! And yes, I kind of modify the running if I need to & definitely add in my Cathe & Pilates!!!

OK, got my dd picked up, ran some errands, started more laundry & a emptied a load of dishes, and now need to finish packing up!! Why am I sitting here??? Cause I'll be computer-less for 2 days, that's why! :p

Hope you all have great runs/ workouts & I'll be running in the morning, then walking around the zoo all day w/ my IL's & families! Then Friday is my rest day so I should be ready to run my 16 on Sat!

Have a great one! Don't be too chatty w/out me!

Hugs,

Christine..I hope I get the new toy sooner too!! Can't wait to get my DH on it...:)...thanks for your prayers...and for your nice compliment to me. I really like to be an inspiration and help people in this fitness world...you will do great in the upcoming half...:)

Judy...hope you eventually find your DD's luggage....I am glad you will get your hip evaluated so you know just what the problem is...:)

Shelly...so what circuit did you pick?...Yes the Elliptical will be a great destressor. You really should check out iTrain...I am going to download another shorter workout for tomorrow. They would be great for running but I am a creature of habit and won't run with any kind of headphones...

Elaine...do you listen to anything when you use your Elliptical? 90 min is a long time...:) With these iTrain workouts I know I will love my Elliptical!! Do you think on the 14.5 mile run that it was tough because you were alone? I know that sometimes hydration and fueling can be a problem too. You will work it out though and resting like you did after was a good thing. You know us Cali's can do a get together...:)

I had a good 5 mile run and then PUB Chest & Back a bit different. I do the full pyramid first on the chest flies, then FF to the back pullovers and do those, then rewind to the bench press and lastly the back rows. This allows me to go heavier but I was about crying at the end...:)

Evenin', cheetahs! Just stoppin' by to say I added GS C&T to my earlier 3-mile shuffle. :) Boy, were my tri's burnin'!

Have a great night!

Carole, After hearing only good things about the TV show 24 I decided I wanted to watch it and I love it! I rent DVDs from Netflix and am making my way through season 1 as I use my elliptical. Yes, 90 minutes was a long time but I watched two episodes of 24 so it went by quickly. Since I am only running 4 times a week and using the elliptical twice I wanted to get more time on my feet but without the impact. Also, I don't know if running the 18 miles alone (or attempting to)was a factor in the trouble I had. It is easier to keep you mind off how tired you are when there is someone with you but I just did not have the energy to run any further. I kept trying before I threw in the towel and didn't feel so good about quitting but I just could not do it! Since then I've had good workouts this week so hopefully that will help knock down any mental block I've built since bonking. Unless I can get a sitter for my DD then I have to go it alone again this weekend. I need to do some positive thinking here!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.