====CHEETAHS==== TGIF, 3/9

Good morning ladies,
Just a quick check-in for me today. My kids have had half school days this week because of parent teacher conferences, so I have been extra busy with them. I did legs and glutes yesterday and it was pretty tough! I have not done it in awhile. Today, I am going to do DrillMax cardio and lower body premix. I have not done it for about a month and I am hoping the back holds up. It has been feeling good and so I will give that workout a go. I have a massage today and am definitley looking forward to that. She has been seperating my glute muscles every couple of weeks and I tell ya it has really improved my flexibility there and I just feel less tight. The first time she did it though was pretty painful}(

I am going to a jewlery party tonight at a girlfriends house and I am so glad to be gettting out of the house away from my little darlings;-) I will probably have a few glasses of wine.

Sorry no time for personals right now, but hopefully will be back. Have a great day ladies and happy FRIDAY!!!

Susan

Good morning all! I'm a little late getting started today but I have no plans to go out and will spend a relaxing and productive day at home:) After visiting with the terrific cheetahs I'll head to the basement for B&G Leg blast premix:7 Later I'll get in an hour on the EXT. Okay, you BBC enablers.... I caved in also and bought the set! I was particularly attracted to the total body workout which uses no weights, something I can travel with I hope!

Cathy- How frustrating for you to have such a long day and being unable to fit in your planned workout x( Hope today will be better,
was the drama production fun at least?

Wendy- How was Legs and Back today? Do you find there to be enough leg workouts in p90x? I often hear this as a criticism.
I had a great time doing PlyoX yesterday... fun fun fun!

Marcia- I'm glad to hear your pain is a little better today and that you are resting. I still do believe that your pain is pleuritic in origin, especially with the shortness of breath feeling and that it is exacerbated by deep breaths. This pain can be referred to other parts on the body on the same side or be felt "all over". Anyway, it can be brought about by muscle spasms which is probable the case with you. If it doesn't continue to improve I hope you'll consult an MD:) ... hope I'm not being too much of a butinsky nurse;-)

Judy- (my favorite little dynamo tennis player!) Yes, I always work nights but I work 12 hr shifts 7p-7a so only 3 days /wk!! Don't be discouraged by the pain with the foam roller! Like Jess says it is only temporary. I've been using mine for a week and it is already significantly easier and the residual aches and pains with my runs have been pretty much eradicated now:7 BTW, I love your modified circuit workouts subbing the EXT for step... great idea!

Gayle- I wish I could get bitten by the clean bug! Today would be a perfect day to catch up on this, but..... ;-) I've been searching for a yoga workout that would suit me, I've got to check out the one you referred to, sounds interesting.

Kristi- Sounds like you are coming along nicely with your HM training. Kentucky Derby HM here she comes!!! Do you actually start and or finish at Churchill Downs?

Laura- You DH is smart not to look at models till all works out with the land deal. Where I live buying land is complicated because there are no sewers or water supply, so it's all private wells and
septic tanks. Is that your case?

Linda- Your descriptions of BBC finally got to me! I'm especially intrigued with these treadmill portions!! Cant wait :7 I think if you overdid it you'd have felt it by now, hope all is well!

Carole- Well, we both caved at the same time;-) I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like this series. I'm sure with the treadmill portions you'd be able to substitute EXT. I hear your doing Judy's option of modifying the circuit workouts. I think subbing the EXt will actually make the workout more challenging!
Let me know if this is the case. I'm thinking about trying this soon. Glad the piriformis issue is a little better!

SunnyD- Our busy PT.... sorry you're stuck with CleanMax inadvertantly todayx( Hope you have time to get in a workout.

Jess- Have a great Yday! I was wondering if you're still planning on
running your HM. Will you be doing a long run this weekend? I'm really impressed with the "jump for the heart" program your DD is doing. How wonderful that the kids are getting great exercise and going it for a good cause also:7

Jackie- Your BBC/ elliptical combo sounds great! Can't wait to get these workouts. You and Linda convinced me!

Susan- Good luck with DM today! Glad to hear you're having a fun party tonight and a chance to "get away" a little! You definitely deserve a break!

Okay, time's a wastin! The weather is beautiful!!! I'm also planning on a nice long motorcycle ride this afternoon:7

Later,

ShellyC

Happy Friday Cheetahs!

I am feeling much better - almost human again! I did a new Spinervals - the Virtual Reality one which I really enjoyed. It's a ride around the PrettyBoy Reservoir in Northern Maryland and it's a really fun ride. Very different from the other Spinervals in that it's much more steady state which was perfect for this morning. Thanks so much for thinking of me. I promise I'll be back and in full swing again soon!

Carole - Thanks for the links! I will check them out! Enjoy LIC! Good idea about subbing the EXT for the step! So... you order BBC? I can't wait to see what you think of them! They have helped me speed up my running, quite a bit! I think they will work well for you on the elliptical! Glad you are feeling a little better pain-wise!

Jackie - Good job on the C&A's, elliptical and yoga! I am always so sore in the waist/core area with B&S! I love that one! I always have to get my shoes a size bigger, too. I had trouble with a toe nail that stayed black. Now....knock on wood, it doesn't!!

Shelly - That is so funny about the cows! I can just picture it! ;-) Yes...the TM portions of BBC are brutal!! (for me, anyway!). You probably are used to running a lot harder and faster than me, though! I hope you like them as much as I do! Enjoy B&G and your EXT!!

Susan - Ahhh! A message! Enjoy! I hope your back does well with the Drill Max premix!

Jess - Busy, busy bee, as usual! Sounds like so much fun! Enjoy the birthday party! And congratulations on the truck! Enjoy your EXT and swimming. My....I would love to be in a pool right now! It would feel so good! Enjoy!

Sunny - Hope the cleaning lady gets better and is able to come back! Good luck on deciding on a workout! I haven't got to do the jumprope workout yet! But it "looks" good! I will have to do it without the rope, though, cause my ceiling slants and would be too short in spots! :p

Christine - Still sending get well vibes your way! That sounds like a great Spinnerval! Is the music like the other Spinnervals? I would love to try some of the newer ones! But I get sooo confused on which ones to get!

Talk to you guys later!

Linda

I’m back for personals… I haven’t had time to go through last week’s personals, so bare with me if I seem short. DH is coming back tomorrow, so I’m happy about that.

Cathy – hope your back is feeling better and S&A and ARX go well. Sorry you had such a long day yesterday!

Wendy - I think I get a better workout with ARX if I do it on days I’m not pre-exhausting my hip flexors. Enjoy L&B!

Marcia – do you have time to actually turn around in there? LOL. You are one busy lady! The Karaoke contest should be fun, though. Or do you not really get to enjoy as you’re too busy? What’s the most common song sung? I have a Canadian friend (from Toronto) who makes a living as a Karaoke singer. Cracks me up.

Judy – I am doing better, thank you. How’s your hip doing?

Gayle – I’m with you!! I do so much better with a list. Great job at cleaning your house. DH comes back tomorrow so I’ll be picking up and straightening up tonight. Amazing how lazy I get when he’s not home.

Kristi – enjoy the weekend at your in-laws. Hopefully visiting them is as much fun for you as it is for the kids! And Happy Birthday to your DH! I don’t mind so much when my DH travels through out the week, but the weekends are hard. I’ll be thinking of you next week.

Laura – how exciting about the land near your MIL’s! I don’t blame your DH, but I know what you’re going through, too. I’d be jumping through my skin to try to figure out what kind of house we’re going to build, etc. Enjoy the process. Good job on the scale!!

Carole – I’m thinking of caving too! Although I’m still enjoying my new Spinervals. Seriously, it wouldn’t surprise me about the step making your pain hurt worse. I swear it makes my knees and Achilles tendon ache more than running does with all the twisting and turning.

Sunny – sorry your cleaning lady is sick – both for her and you. What a pain! And I hope she recovers. It’s hard to go through the search for a new one.

Jess – Funny – I got my DD a “Just Like Me American Doll” for her sixth birthday. And she did look like Anna. Great gift. I love those American dolls. Sounds like you have a great birthday planned for her! Glad to see you’re running consistently again! Wooo Hooo!

Jackie – funny how different shoes fit each of us differently. My Muzinos are the only ones that haven’t given me a black toenail. When I was doing a lot of trail running I once had only 5 toe nails. Fortunately, they are all back now. :p

Susan – enjoy your jewelry party and your wine! Sounds like a great night!

Shelly – oh enjoy your beautiful day!! It’s gorgeous here, too and is supposed to be all weekend, so I’m looking forward to that. I actually think I would like a 12 hour shift for 3 days. I already work 10 hours so many days. Guess I should go into nursing – eh?

Linda (again…) – my trainer is kind of noisy (not too bad, but still), so I don’t really notice the music in the Spinerval workouts. It is pretty similar to the older stuff. It is confusing – but if you know what you want to do (are you looking for more fitness or are you looking to get better on your bike – do you like to climb hills or are you more into fast spins?) you can narrow it down. I did a bunch of trades so now I have a bunch of new Spinervals to play with.

Enjoy everyone! Good to be back in the saddle again (literally and figuratively!)

*walks sheepishly into thread w/head hanging low in embarrassment*

Okay, lazy cheetah here...

I laid down at 1pm to take a 20 min power nap before working out and well...um...I just woke up 10 mins ago! That left me with just about EXACTLY an hour to do my work out before DS gets up! ACK! :eek: x(

I HATE being that pressed for time soooo....I probably won't feel like doing L&B at bed time (7pm) and DH will not be around tonight to watch DS for me soooo I am considering switching up my work outs to a run tonight at the gym (3 cheers for daycare!LOL) and L&B/ARX tmrw....that's if I don't fall back to sleep first!:p :7 :p :7 :p :7

The good part about this is that I now have plenty of time for personals! LOL

I'll be back in a few!:)

Marcia, Holy cow, girlfriend! You have a lot going on this weekend. Bless your heart for having such a great attitude about it. I find that when I have a full agenda I get overwhelmed very easily and that makes me ornery. ACK! So I take it you are "purchasing" the X off of Gayle? Good for you! Bad Gayle for being willing to give it up! LOL :p ;)

Judy, LOL! I know I am bad! I get on kicks where all I do is buy buy buy and then I get nothing new for months. I just love to shop and buying fitness related things is my biggest downfall!}( Nice work out y'day. I love the way you incorporate your TM and EXT into Cathe's work outs. If I can ever purchase one of them I look forward to doing that as well. :)

Gayle, So you decided to part with the X for good, huh? I was only teasing ^^^ about your being bad for letting it go. It's not for everyone, I know. I just like to bust chops!;) :+ :7

Kristi, Is your DH going on a business trip? My DH is actually leaving for 5 days starting tmrw. He is going out to Reno with "the guys". They are bowlers and want to compete in a tornament out there. He did it the year before I got pregnant with Joey and loved it so he's doing it again this year. In 2 years it's in Vegas...I am sooo there baby! LOL So anyway, I have a sitter lined up for Joey for tmrw night so that I can go out dancing with a friend of mine. Hope you get a sitter for that run on Sunday!:)
As far as P90X goes, I have seen strength gains, muscle defintition, fat loss-WONDERFUL! I am very happy!

Laura, If you are used to "weighing in" and used to it being the determining factor as to wether you are succeeding or not then it will be a hard habit to break. I depended on the scale for years. It's tough to dis-count it after all of this time. I am doing okay though. I get on it but don't get TOO frazzled if I don't like what I see. LOL Heck, truth be told, I NEVER like what I see. Theretically speaking, I think the # is too high for someone my height and it bugs me!

Linda, What are the TM work outs like from BBC? Sounds like they are tough ones! Will I be ticked that I don't have a TM in my home? LOL

Carole, YEAY! I'm not the only sucker! LOL You and I can try out BBC together, Carole!:)

Sunny, Nothin' better then cleaning the house when it's EMPTY! Have fun! Sorry to hear about your cleaning lady. :-( I have about 50 more multi choice questions left on my exam then I have to do 3 essay questions. After that it will be time to do the practical. THAT should be a crack up! LOL

Jackie, Nice well rounded work out today. So I keep meaning to ask...Are the weight routines in BBC more strength or endurance based??

Susan, Enjoy your ladies night out!:)

Shelly, Oh the joys of the leg blast premix!}( LOL I haven't done L&B yet and in fact will probably wait until tmrw now. IMO there is NOT enough leg work in the X but I guess the focus is primarily upper body. I started adding a leg day in Phase 2. It's easy enough to do so I don't mind. The program is still tops in my book!:)

Christine, Glad you are feeling better my friend. Hate to see a Cheetah down. Nice to have you back! :)

Hi Linda!!!

Yes, Gayle was sweet enough to buy it from her, I'm so happy - I just love the X.

Yes, I have tons going on, but that makes life more exciting. :7 I like to be busy. AND.....I'll be making money on all three days, so that's a plus, too. Especially tonight at the contest - we will be packed, but it'll be fun. I like being at the bar. The most common song sung lately has been "Broken Road" by Rascal Flats. I think that's the title anyway ;-) I bet at the last qualifying night for the contest we heard it sung from five different peopl - IN ONE NIGHT, now that gets to be way too much LOL :7

Have a great night everyone and weekend! I'm leaving work here in a minute and the 'fun' begins from there.

Oh, did I mention the scale was down 2 pounds this morning! Oh yeah - HAPPY DANCE - Oh yeah......

Marcia.

Hello again ladies,

Just checking in again to say. I didn't "workout" today, it took me all day long to clean most of the housex( x( . I lost about an hr, when i went to take out all of the cleaning materials. I noticed there were none left and the cleaning lady didn't let me know. so i had to run to target to get cleaning stuff- of course we all know what happens when you go to target. so $100 later( hehehe)- i get home and clean all day until had to pick up ds#1 from school. grrrrrrrreat. of course my house was clean for about 10 mins after ds got home. GRRRRRRRRRRRR;)

jess- thanks, i sooooooo wish i could take you up on that offer, lol

marcia- congrats!! i am doing the happy dance with ya.

ok, off to have our every friday family fun night:)

have a great night ladies.

Hi again! Just got home from dinner and am getting settled in. TGIF!

Christine - I am so sorry to ask you that question again! :+ For some reason, I though that the Virtual Reality was a different one than what we talked about before:+ Senior moment ;-)

Wendy - The treadmill portions of BBC are only around 30 minutes. The warmup is very, very short. They have you run on a 15% incline, 10% incline (various inclines). The speeds are high, even on most of the incline running. (high for me anyway!) They are pretty much interval workout-style runs. I used to never run with my incline all the way up. If I did, it was very slowly. But for me 7mph - 8mph is very fast :+ The time flies by, but it really works ya! My treadmill only goes up to 10% grade.

Sunny - Enjoy Family Fun Night! Oh my....it is sooo easy to spend money in Target! I love it! Sounds like you got your workout by cleaning the house! That still burns a lot of calories! ;)

Marcia - Great job on the 2 pounds! And enjoy your night! Sounds like fun!

I am tired! Talk to you guys tomorrow!

Linda

Carole - I checked out those websites! They look very interesting! I will read some more this weekend. Thanks for the info!

Linda: OMG, I think I am glad that I DON'T have a TM at home yet! Those work outs sound BRUTAL! YOWZAS!:eek: }( :eek:

I went to the gym tonight and did a ANOTHER new Itread that I purchased right before I left..I actually purchased TWO more!}( The one I did was set 14/45 mins. It's 6 mins of fast endurance runs broken up by 60-90 second recoveries but they are not full recoveries. She has you either speed walk or walk up steep inclines and then it's right back to fast runs. It was a TOUGH work out but doable. I logged 3.77 miles in 40 mins. :)

Susan - How was Drill Max premix? Hope you have fun at the jewelry party.

Shelley - So glad you joined the rest of the BBC crowd. I almost took BBC on vacation. Thought about taking my portable DVD player and using the workouts on the treadmill. I changed my mine of course. How was the motorcycle ride? Sounds so peaceful and relaxing.

Christine - Glad you're feeling better. Happy to hear dh is coming home. Only 5 toe nails? Ugh!! Keeping my fingers crossed that I want have that problem again. I like to wear too many cute sandals during the summer.:)

Linda - I had to have my nail removed. I almost have a brand new one now. I think the weight work in BBC is more endurance based because they do so many blasted reps. Sometimes they go from 1 - 2 minutes. I always use lighter weights than I normally would.

Marcia - Congrats on the 2 lbs. gone!

Sunny - Glad you got your cleaning done. Have a fun family night.

Wendy - BBC treadmill workouts will definitely make running easier. Like Linda, my treadmill only goes to 10% too but that's enough for me. I even bumped the speed up to 9.0 a few times. Didn't know these short legs could move so fast.

Well, I'm going to soak some soybeans so that I can try my new soymilk maker. Yeah, yeah, cc was dying to come out and play.:7 Then, I'm going to bed.

Have a good night everyone!

Jackie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.