:::: CHEETAHS ::: TGIF, 1/12

No time for personals but I just wanted to say that Legs and Back is an awesome work out! I really liked it! I used the chin up bar for the first time today...NO HOLES!:+ I can only get myself up about a 1/4 of an inch w/o assistance (if that!LOL) so I used a chair. I still felt it alot! }( I liked the leg work too. Different from "traditional" leg exercises. ARX immediately after all of that leg work was interesting to say the least. :eek: I think I may feel this work out tomorrow.:p

Well, time for a shower...heading off to mom's for a visit in about an hour!

Toodles!:*

Elaine – oh yeah, we miss your lovely spirit here! But we do understand. Thanks for checking in to let us know all is well. Do know that we’re thinking of you and wish only the best for you!

Susan – oh how fun!! Melissa’s first sleepover!! Sounds like you have a wonderful time planned for them – nothing better than pedicures. Then again, I’m of the mind that if you rub my feet I’ll follow you anywhere! :+ I’m also very happy to hear that you’re doing better with your sciatica! Sounds like things are going well in your world! Good to hear that. Let me know when you have a moment and we can meet for Indian food! Yes, I did enjoy Baron. I was reading about him, too, and enjoy his life work. He has a very interesting background. But it sounds like I need to give Mr Yummypants another chance. I’ll do his DVD next Thursday. He sounds like a sweetie, too. Do you have his Intensive Body Sculpting and if so, how do you like it? Is it true yoga?

Judy – I was looking at that too – not quite sure how fast a BPM I’ll need to run a speed I’m comfortable with. 175 will be way too fast – might be good for sprints, though! You can download the ones from the past – I’m thinking that maybe I can do some experimental jogs to the music to see what works for me. I’m a little worried about these being boring. I don’t mind the iTrains when there is music I don’t particularly care for because Grace is talking. But, if there’s no talking and I hate the music I think I would go nuts…

Wendy - I get major butt DOMS everytime I do L&B after not doing it for a while, so you'll probably get it. It is nice, isn't it? Works you totally differently. Glad you liked it! After a few failed attempts at ARX AFTER legs - I switched to doing it first - much better...

Wendy :: all right – you’ve sold me. I’m gonna do the leg blast instead. Will just relax a bit and eat an early dinner before I get to it. WTG on the chinups! I give you a ton of credit -- I would not even *attempt* it as it might drudge up traumatic memories of 7th grade gym class! :)

Judy :: With the podcasts, I think you just have to click on the “get episode” button. It sounds like you’ve figured it out, though. Interesting about the private yoga sessions ~ never heard of that!

Christine :: I don’t know what happened to the inch!…maybe I was slouching?? Lean would be good, too. I’m doin’ the Friday dance myself! Thanks for the info on the DM premix…I haven’t done any, so it’s good to hear what each entails.

Carole :: hope you had a good 4-miler and back & shoulders workout! I like the T-shirt idea, too (more on that below). The girls and I did have a few laughs. Someone commented that they hadn’t shaved their legs in three days, and this morning when we came in, all the female faculty had trial size shave gels in their mailboxes (are they trying to tell us something??? :) Actually, it was just coincidence—they sometimes give us freebies.

Jess :: I first got into yoga at the Y…had a really great instructor. Whenever I think of the pool at my Y, I remember the time I couldn’t swim b/c it was suddenly closed one day. Apparently, an elderly woman had an “accident” in the pool. Yikes! Sorry about your migraine – I have problem sinuses, too. But I am lucky that my migraines have become much more seldom. It’s amazing that you don’t let them hold you back for long! You are one tough cheetah, miss!

Karen :: the Friday yoga plan sounds good. I should pick a day and stick to it, too. Maybe I’ll shoot for Sundays. I’d probably be more inclined to stick w/ it on a weekend day when there’s a little more time.

LD :: thanks for the info on TaeBo. I almost bought one of his more recent releases, which reviews said had better cueing than some of his previous workouts. Maybe I’ll try it – I do like k’boxing-style workouts. Oh yeah, it’s Eagles fever around here, isn’t it?

Sunny :: wow! You are already making a name for yourself, I see. WTG! Ultimate compliments to have others follow suit. Glad you have a partner for the 5K. That always makes it more fun.

Shelly :: best of luck to you in the marathon…run strong! We’ll be with you in spirit!! Hope the temps are on the mild side. Looking forward to the race report.

Susan :: great news about the progress w/ your sciatica…hang in there & be patient! You’ve come so far. I can’t give you a review of all the CoreMaxes b/c I’ve only done the first segment. That one’s tough, IMO. But abs are my weakest area.

OK, running with that T-shirt idea, I looked up the cost of customized tees (these would be wicking tees that would be great for working out)...If we ordered 15 tees with 1-color design on 1-side, it would run $19.99 each and then a couple of dollars more for shipping. I actually found a silly picture of a cheetah running...
http://us.f841.mail.yahoo.com/ym/us...rder=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=2

...or perhaps a plain cheetah?
http://us.f841.mail.yahoo.com/ym/us...rder=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=2

What do you think? I can keep searching for other graphics if these don't appeal. And then I guess we'd need to collectively come up with a slogan, too. Thoughts?

Cathy :)

I don't know why my post above is so WIDE! WTH???

Anyway, I meant to add: has anyone heard from Laurie? She hasn't been around for a few days.

Cathy I can't get the links to work. The shirts I saw were on www.runningdivas.com. Let me know what you think??

Susan- His guided meditation is in three parts. You can do them seperatly or all of them at once. They flow together nicely. The first in 15:13 and is called Yana Yoga. The yoga of wisdom. This is the hardest one to conquer and reflect on. You have to stayed focused on one thing but he allows you to feel good about what you are doing and how hard it is. Even if you can do it for only seconds you are still gettting benefits. In this one you are focusing on your nostrils and the inhale and exhale. The second meditation is called ( forget right now) it is 14:44 and is the yoga of gratitude. You reflect on all the things you have to be thankful for. The last is for compassion. It is 8:22. This mediation allows you to feel about and put yourslef in peoples places and reflect on how they feel. The last track in Rest for 4:17. I would always meditate to rain or water or something and I couldn't get my mine to stop being so active. This is such a great tool.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Really? Both links worked for me. I was thinking something personalized w/ cheetahs would be cool, even if it's without a graphic. I do like the style of the shirts on running divas, but to tell you the truth, I don't like the word "diva." *lol* Sorry!

Cathy. I agree I hate the diva one too. I do like the one that has something like calm, breathe, race. I also like marathon girl. Most important I would rather have a cheetah.

On the links that are there I keep getting sent to yahoo. let me try again. Be Back

Nope I can't get it. It keeps saying loggin session has expired. Maybe it's just my computer. Hopefully it will work for me later.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Wait...can't you see the cheetahs in my post above?

ETA: I'm not saying those are the ones we ought to settle on. Just throwin' some ideas out there. :)

Oh, man! Wendy!! What is it you have against me that you recommended such an EVIL torture session??!! ;-) B&G Leg Blast was KILLER!! (Mental note to self: never again attempt any Cathe premix with 'blast' in the title unless I develop a death wish.) I was too pooped to hit CoreMax after. Maybe tomorrow. IF I can walk!

Off to shower and then head out for a bit. I don't even feel like going out -- it's a combo of my current calorie obsession & just being *tuckered out* from a busy week. I think I'll just force myself to hang out for a little awhile and then call it an early night.

Talk to you in the AM, cheetahs!
Cathy :)

Hey all - Just found out that my DD14 made the ensemble for the musical this year. It's a great accomplishment for a freshman as they try to put the upper classmen in the musical - and this is a very talented school!

Cathy - the B&G Leg Blast premix is harder than B&G. I'm sorry I didn't warn you! I think it's the hardest Cathe premix ever... I like the goofy cheetah running - that's how I feel when I run! I'd love to have a shirt with him on it! :+

I'm still here...moving slowly to get ready...

Christine :: congrats to your DD on making ensemble! That's huge for a freshman. She must be ridin' on air right now. :) How nice!! I kinda like the goofy cheetah myself. There's something comical and cheery about it, which makes me think of our cheetahs here since I'm always chuckling at the posts or smiling b/c of the encouragement & pick-me-up found here. I envision a relatively small cheetah (just a few inches big) in the upper left (or right) chest with some kind of slogan or logo that we come up with... Other ideas??

Karen...good luck Elliptical shopping! The shirts sound cool...

Sunny...that is great you have someone to run the 5K with!

LD..I am Vegan most of the time lacto-ovo vegetarian sometimes...:)...I use Extra Firm Tofu grated in my stir frys, but for your first time you might looked for some baked tofu in your stir fry as it is alot firmer and seasoned too.

Shelly...I am sure you will finish and with a smile...:)

Christine..I think sunday will be fun. I am looking forward to it. Just hate missing the 10:00 FB game...:(...:)...Congrats to your DD14!!!!

Susan...as I am not running as far as Shelly...it really does not matter what I eat but I think a veggie pizza is appropriate! Melissa's sleepover sounds like fun for you. I bet she is excited for a pedicure...

Wendy..I am sure you will feel Legs & Back tomorrow...:)

Cathy...that is quite a bizarre coincidence about the shave gel! Years ago I took a Joannie Gregains cassette workout to my work (I worked in a bank at the time) we had a ball and someone even brought me a whip! Those sites didn't work for me either, same as Karen, they took me too an expired Yahoo session. I even tried signing on to my Yahoo acct and they still didn't work, but your graphics below showed. I like them both, but the goofier one fits me best...Good job with the evil premix...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.