::: CHEETAHS ::: Sun., 9/24

Jess's marathon does have results posted! I put in her name "Jess" and her age division, and her state. It showed a Jessica Miner, 29 doing a 4:33!!!! Not sure if that is her but a great time for a 1st marathon!!!...

carole how long after doing your elliptical before you felt like it helped with your runs? I keep forgetting that doing that is almost like running. I wish my husband would interact with my running sometimes.

If jess finished in that time that is great!!! I dont know how her and sarah run those marathons that fast!!

Hi Laura-Sorry I forgot to say Hi earlier.
I think you got great advice from Carole---

It's hard to know sometimes how to pace yourself. I certainly wouldn't be up for a long run after the workouts you described.

If you do a search in open forum on Ellipticals, Sarah, Elaine and Carole have posted some additional info on ellipticals and running. I think Sarah used one after an injury and before running her marathon and felt it was very helpful. Elaine has posted much the same about using it in place of running to avoid re-injuring herself.

.good luck running your half next weekend. I know you'll do great! Keep thinking positive thoughts.
Barb
:) :) :)

The kids ended up going to the Tech Museum instead. I think it’s better, anyway. Funny thing, they colored their hair blue – with washout dye. So they look pretty weird. *shrugs* I figure wash out dye is much better than some of the other things they could be doing, so I just laughed. I used to put a red streak in my hair with that spray on stuff – and, oh yeah, my hair was basically a buzz cut on one side and down to mid back on the other (remember asymmetric hair cuts?). So, I have no room to talk… Oh the follies of youth… :p

Colleen – oh you had me laughing – sounds like something I would do! Hope your meditation keeps you awake today! :p

Barb – THANKS!! I’ll be doing that along with the icing. Sounds like a great stretch!

Carole – you know those little angels and devils you see on people’s shoulders? Today after I ran I had a little miniature SuperCarole on my shoulder saying, “You know, you need to ice that…” So, it’s been iced twice already, and I’ll ice it for a final time when the Patriots game starts tonight. So nice to have friends who look out for you, even when they are not there… Sounds like a great run today. I’m happy to hear the elliptical is working. My DH even made a comment about using it today if we had one, so maybe there’s another elliptical man on the horizon!

Jennifer – you live about 10 minutes from me. I’m right between Cupertino and Saratoga, but have a San Jose address. If you ever want a running partner some time, let me know!

Laura – I think you’ll be fine for the Half as well. If you can run 10 miles, you’ll be able to pull the extra 3 out of your hat. You’ll have to let us know how it goes!

OK, since you're all DYING to know...... (except Carole who found me!!)

I did it!!! Add me to the 26.2 club!!! Short report because I just don't have the time or the energy to post it all right now.

Yes, my chip time was 4:33, accorinding to my Garmin 4:32:59 & 26.39 miles!!

I felt great the first half (finished the 13.1 right around 2:03 which is just where I wanted to be). Then by about mile 15 I felt some twinges in my right knee (which I've NEVER had before). It hurt the whole rest of the way & I had to slow my pace a lot which really bummed me out. Anyway.... I did it & finished w/ my family cheering me on & I am so proud of myself. Those last 6.2 miles were KILLER especially kind of hobbling w/ the knee pain. BUT I DID IT!!!!!

More details & pics later. I need to ice my knee & rest a bit.

Thanks for being there in spirit w/ me!!

Congratulations on your 1st Marathon! Words will never ever be able to describe that final 10K...you just have to live it, nothing can prepare you for it. I think that adds to the excitement...trying to plan for something so abstract.

I know everyone is probably tired of hearing me say this, but your knee may be IT band problems. It can tighten up on a run. When the IT band gets too tight, it grinds on the outside and sometimes underneath the knee and causes excrutiating pain. Ice, rest and stretching the hip muscles took my problems away.

Again, great job! So, when is your next 26.2??

Wooohooo, congratulations, Jess!! What an accomplishment!!! :)

Christine: sounds great!! I'm a bit slow in the running dept, though, so I'm warning you now :). I'm usually at a 13-minute mile pace...

Jennifer

YAY JESS!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you Jess. What great will to finish like that when you were in pain. I hope you feel great tomorrow and your body feels good. I am not sure how long it take to heal from that long of run. Treat yourself to great dinner and get some well deserved rest. Congrats:)

Susan

JESS!!!! WAY TO GO!!! I'm so excited for you! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! WOW! I'm even more impressed that you ran the last 6 miles in pain. You are definitely another Super Cheetah!!

Just checkin’ with my cheetahs…

I ran a little over 5 miles today and took a break from the weights. DOMS from SS set in today. That sure was squat hell.

Carole ::: Too bad I missed Grey’s. I also missed House. Aren’t those recliners great?? Enjoy the new couch. Ugh ~ say no more about bridal showers. The games are the worst, but you know what? I just find showers ridiculous, period. What a concept: let’s gather ‘round and watch the bride/mother-to-be act surprised to open gifts she expressly ASKED FOR. This is one area where the guys are wise, IMO!

Wendy ::: how was your forced rest? DID you rest?!! :)

Christine ::: glad the heel is a tad better today. I know what you mean – sometimes it is hard to resist running even when you know you should probably give it a rest. Sounds like you fared OK with it, though. Laughed about you (not) attempting to sneak in an elliptical. Also funny that you’re hearing Carole’s voice in your head!

Adri ::: I *just* finished up with my schoolwork. See--teachers have a lot of homework, too! :)

Laura ::: I have only run one half, so I don't think I'm most qualified to chime in with an opinion on that one. Good luck, though!

Susan ::: I’m feelin’ you on the oinker thing today. :) I indulged at Chili’s during lunch and ordered the molten chocolate lava dessert. Only ate a little bit. Didn’t taste as good as I seem to remember. Lately, it seems as though my appetite has been shrinking. (It must be a miracle from God.)

Jennifer ::: mmm, BBQ. Find any good deals while out shopping? It *was* pretty nice out there this morning…but a little muggy.

Colleen ::: CRACKED up at you falling asleep during meditation!! I dozed off once during yoga. Guess you needed the zzz's. :)

Barb ::: I just recently ordered RTTC as well as Slim & Lean. Have only done S&L once and have not tried RTTC yet. I'm sure I should reserve judgment until I’ve tried each a few times, but my initial impressions are that they are decent workouts to throw in the mix, but most likely, nothing will top our Cathe for me!

Jess ::: congrats on your AWESOME finish!!!! What a cheetah sticking it out with a bum knee! Hope that heals itself quickly. Can’t wait to see the pics.

Hi to Shelly, Judy (hope you're feeling OK), Laurie, Katie (are you "back" in action yet?), Katrina, Natalie our fearless librarian, Gayle, Thomasina, Mattea, Wendy Marie, Dina, Elaine, imafitnessfreak, Jennifer, Marcia, Pamela, and everyone else.

Have a good night!
cathy :)

Hey Cheetahs!!!
I was SUPER tired today}( Where did all my energy go!?!?!?!?! I guess with staying up so late last night moving and getting up early this morning I guess I'm losin it}( When I came home from the gym I went right to bed}( I woke up a while ago and finished dinner. I need to shower now.

Cheetahs, my mom is makin me go shower no so I'll be back in a few and do some personals. Sorry ;(. I'll be back. I have some great posts to read!!!!! Love you all:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hey Cheetahs!!!
Lil cheetah is back. Even though I was supr tired today I still had a great workout!! Did great abs and legs at the gym today and did the ab work from SJP and KPC this morning. Those are great! Ok time for personals now then I gatta get to bed.

Susan- No none of my friends go to the gym. In fact I never really hang out with them after school anymore. The gym is and homework is really all I do after school. And to tell you the truth I like it that way:) I think it would be cool though if my friends came once. Stay away from the bad food cheetah}:)+

Katrina- LOL:+ Glad you got a great run in today cheetah!

Jennifer- Thanks for your nice words but today I feel like an 80 year old woman or something}( Except when I got to the gym I felt better but when I came home I was dead!!

Wendy- I felt the suspense too}(

Colleen- LOL:+ Funny! I never heard of someone falling asleep during medetation!!

Barb- I do the same thing too but I just do any homework I have friday right after school so I don't have to worry about it later and procrastinate till the last second (which I'm famous for doing
;-)) Yea the abs from SJP adn KPC are great! I love doin that before the rest of my ab workout at the gym to get em fireing up}(

Carol- I dunno how you and all other cheetahs who run 15+ miles do it}( I do great with about 4.5 to 5 at the most!! Maybe becuz I don't wanna do too much cardio work to burn off muscle but I love running! Great job you and all cheetahs who run like crazy!!

Jess- YYAYAYAYAYYAAYAAYAYAYYYYY MIZ JESS!!!! Great job:)!! 26 miles is fantastic!!! I was just saying to Carol how all you cheetahs who run 15+ miles are just soo great!!! All you cheetahs are sooo great. Hope to be like all you when I'm older!

Cathy- I didn't know you were a teacher!! See I told you I suck at school}( I can't remember nuttin! LOL:+ Glad you had a great run today! Take a brake on those sekcy muscles cheetah!

Christine- Hope your heel gets better soon! Please keep us posted on how yea feel:)

Well I should get to bed now. Still pretty tired anyway but the long shower made me alittle awake. C you all first thing tomorrow morning! Love you all:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

YEAY! Go Jess! AWESOME job, girl!!!! Can't wait to see some pics!!!

Get your rest-you deserve it!!!

Do you have a recovery week planned for yourself this week now? :+

Way to go Jess!!! The last 10K is always so different than the training!! http://bestsmileys.com/textinbubble2/19.gif[/img] You did awesome...:)...and BTW...Welcome to the 26.2 club!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.