Cheetahs check in for tuesday 6/27/06

RE: I made it out....

Howdy cheetahs!

Just wanted to say hello while I had a few minutes! HELLO!! I posted last week explaining my busy-ness. but since I probably posted too late, some may not know why I’ve been MIA so much lately. Anyhoo, for those wondering what the heck I’m talking about, my brother had been hospitalized with congestive heart failure and well, talk about juggling my schedule. He’s been to the cardiologist and still they are working on ways to bring his blood pressure down further etc., etc. DS is in full force with summer school (high school preparedness something or rather) and freshman football training, and my list of responsibilities goes on and on. Sometimes I think my family experiments with me to see if I’ll outlast the engergizer bunny! LOL Anyway, I’ve been too busy at work too for popping in to post personals so please forgive me for not commenting on all the wonderful stuff going on here with you cheetahs, I did however, pop in a bit to quickly read up on some things though. Hopefully my schedule is calming down to a even keel but I sure would like to know when the surgeons are going to schedule my DH’s hernia surgery so I can plan on that and taking days off.

So, today I can post a few personals:

Laura – Good job getting that run in despite your busy schedule and bad air. And have fun on vacation to home. I love those kind and that’s when I can really tear my house apart and get it clean! Nobody in my house seems to know how to deep clean so I have to take days off of work to get it done!

Marcia – Howdy! Glad to see you are mixing in some weights with your running. I’m not sure you saw one of my posts from a week or so ago when you posted about WW and the Core program but I think I mentioned that I had checked myself back into “rehab” (WW meeting for me! Lol) I am lifetime member but I have found myself WAY up above my goal weight and well….I’m taking the bull by the horns. I am mostly sticking to core but I find that I must record my food daily, sort of like doing a workout rotation, or I don’t lose and stay on track as well. SO, what my blah, blah here means is that I think CORE is a better option for quick results but only if I also keep a daily food journal. If you need a buddy or someone to chat about WW the successes and struggles, please do PM or email me anytime. Email [email protected] . Anyway, stay motivated though cuz you really can do this!!

Karen – I’m happy to see you are going to the MD. I’m so sorry about the IT band issues as I know what it feels like and it ain’t pretty. Please take it easy on yourself and listen to the wise cheetahs on here. You’re a fast and powerful and a very ambitious runner but sometimes we all need a bit of rest to remain strong. Good luck to you and please do keep us posted on the MD outcome.

Jess! - I just want to say that lately you have been my inspiration. Yep, with my busy schedule lately I’ve been too tired to get out of bed and get going BUT all I have to do is think of you posting on here how you didn’t want to but got up out of bed anyway and went out to run and blew all the dust off of and broke the needle of the cheetah fast o’ meter and then I’m good to get my fat old butt up to do a measly hour workout before work. Lol Keep it up girl, I’m really proud of your accomplishments and what a great mom you are to your family! Have fun with your company, sounds like a really nice time is to be had this week!

Carole! Buddy! I am soooo sorry about your runner this weekend and to tell you the truth, I felt soo terrible for all of those runners out there trying to climb some SERIOUS HIILLS in this awful heat. I too heard the trail was pretty wicked this year which didn’t help either. I also was so shocked that my idol Scott Jurek (he’s a vegan you know ;)) would be involved with the disqualifying but after I read his quote of why he helped Brian Morrison over the finish, well then I figured I probably would have done the same. I am so in awe of these 100 mile runners - every single one of them! AMAZING is the word. Anyway, I hope we get some cooler weather soon so you don’t have to run around with your shorts sticking to you. But funny thing is I really don’t mind the humidity. I hate the dry scorching stuff. I love the tropics! Oh, and I have to laugh every time I see you post about a salt tooth! I have one of those too!! Wow, some of those rice chips sound good about now…mmm NO! tooo many points!

Mattea! Hey girl, I FINALLY got over to the postal center and sent that book out. Whew! Can you believe it? And yes, we’d LOVE some of your rain…it is soo dang dry out here and there’s a layer of dust on EVERYTHING no matter how often you clean it. If I ate that salty snack idea of yours I would probably blow up like that blueberry girl on Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory movie (the original). Veggies…I dunno, what is in season in your area right now and from there. I have found the fresher the better it comes out in recipes. I love stuff right out of the garden or from the farmer’s market. Definitely a difference from the grocery store. Let us know what you make and then invite us over to sample! YUM!

Christine – Whenever there is pizza in my house (vegetarian) a super loud speaker comes on and says, “Thomasina, step away from the pizza”….lol. I cannot control myself around pizza (veggie) so therefore, I just don’t eat it often. How was DD’s trip to DC? My DS had a blast and as you know, they get very worn out but have the time of their lives. I ‘m sad for the people back east experiencing flooding right now but I am also grateful that my DS isn’t stuck back there in it with his class. Tooo bad we can’t tunnel some of that water out here in the dry, dusty west! Good job getting motivated today even though the pizza hang over was lurking!

Barb – Howdy! Yep, we are all coming to stay the weekend at your house in flatland Michigan. Just until the heat moves on. Unfortutely, I think it is here to stay since it is only June..ugh. But, I like the sound of “flatland” for running…lol. I try to avoid hills at all costs but again, unfortunately that’s all that is out here for me! Lol Great idea for Mattea about the golden beets! I love love love them! Hang in there, DS will be home soon and will love you all the more! Funny how they are a little clingy the first few days back. My DS is 14 (today!) and he was a little clingy right after his DC trip a few weeks ago.

Well, as usual, I may be posting this too late so here goes and I hope you all enjoy the rest of the day. I will repost this thing for tomorrow I guess…

Thomasina

*Runs over screaming THOMASINA!!!!!! and hugs the stuffing out of MeatlessInCa* So good to see you here! I think we all understand busy (although it sounds as if you're writing a whole new chapter in that book wow!) and I know I'm just so darned happy to "see" you here!

Yeah DD got back exhausted, but happy. She seems to have grown up a bit. She's not as fussy about little things. I keep praying that that will last! She really did enjoy herself. I'm glad to hear DS did the same.

I'm sending prayers and good vibes to you and your brother. That has to be very scary! I hope all goes well.

I don't know if I ever told you what I thought your user name was. I did not separate the IN and CA, so I thought you were from Mexico originally - and a Meatless Inca(n). I thought it was pretty cool. Of course, you're real name is cool too.

Well, better run!

*Runs out of room screaming "THOMASINA!!!!" Dopplar Effect...*

Thomasina--
so great to hear from you and OMG you have too much going on. This is a different kind of workout? I will be sending prayers and good thoughts your brother's way and hope your DH's surgery goes well. With your busy-ness with kids? It sounds like you are doing great running those hills. Keep it up.

And I didn't realize that somebody else had the speaker system for Pizza at their house? I am the same way with some things. I am better to just skip it, then to try to ration it out. I am sugar-free because of that tendency of mine. Sometimes when my eating gets off kilter, I realize I had something with too much sugar in it. I even have to avoid Bran Flakes because the 5 g of sugar per serving gets me going back for too much more....

When are you california folks coming to michigan to cool off? I'd much rather have you guys here for a vegan BBQ than my family event/party/thing. We will crank down the air.

Thanks for the support about DS being at camp. He's just a sweetheart of a kid and I miss his sense of humor.
Hang in there will all you have on your plate and know we're all rooting for you!!

Barb
:) :) :)

Christine--
we were posting at the same time...
Love the Doppler Effect! LOL

Jess--I'm not a multitasker -- it drives my DH crazy. I need to do one thing at a time in a methodical way that makes me look really skillful or like a total nutcase, depending on the day!!! :+ My DH is a big multitasker -- I admire that. Keep on top of resting and staying balanced, so you can run your marathon in tip-top shape. Overdoing it is an insidious thing.

AH GAWSH, thanks for all the nice words guys...uh, Carole? Can we get a bashful smiley in here please? lol
speaking of which, thanks for finding the jaw dropping smiley a few weeks ago that we needed for Jess.... that was awesome and you never let us down...

signed, meatless in CA lol you cheetahs are the best...

Barb - I can't get my DH to hang his head in shame whenever he burps (or makes other assorted noises) either. Must be a male thing. *rolls eyes* Love that you married and "Aussie Dog". That type of man would make a wonderful DH!

Thomasina - you deserve it - I know you're busy, so thanks for posting!

Jess - I'm more like you. If I watch TV I have to be reading a book or something, unless it's a wonderful movie. If I just sit and watch tv, I fall asleep.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post today. Laura, great job on your race. Sorry your allergies are still giving you trouble. I know what you mean about those games. DD's game ended at 7:30pm last night, and we still had to run to Super Target afterwards for a few items. (BTW They won, it was exciting right down to the last 12 seconds!)

Christine, glad you had a great time, and sounds like you had a great workout too!

Carole, funny how things have a way of working out for the best. Hope you were able to get in your run today.

Mattea, I took those deep breaths ;) -- I know I still have time out, but maybe no trouble from the yoga police. :) Seriously though, I am doing Stretch Max tonight. I'm still ambivalent on leaner legs (I've had it awhile, but I've never tried it. I previewed it this morning, and it's more than a little scary.)

Hi Barb, Elaine, Jess, Karen (hope the doctor visit goes well), Shelly, Thomasina, Judy, all vacationing cheetahs, and any other cheetahs whose name may be slipping my mind right now (sorry!) :)

Today was a cross training day so I rode my bike outside for a little over half an hour at a speed of about 14mph. It was fun, but it was hot and humid!! I planned on doing some weight work when I got home, but I ended up babysitting for my neighbors instead. I may just do a premix tonight, but I am doing some weight work before I go to bed.

On a more serious note, DH's grandmother passed away yesterday. She was 86 years old and she was of sound mind. I'm so glad we took the trip to Trinidad over spring break to spend time with her. My bil and fil are having a tough time. My fil was finally able to get a flight back to Trinidad today. We'll probably postpone DH's bday party since the funeral will likely take place next week, and dh will need to hang around a few days to help his dad take care of probate issues.

Have a great evening everyone!
Pamela

Good Evening Everyone. I read through all the post of the well wishes being sent my way. Trust me I can feel them. My apt. is for Thursday after my mammogram. I have it timed to go to the knee guy right after that. Maybe that is a good sign. That never happens. So I will let you know. I did Imax 2 today and my knee felt a tad wierd while doing that. I don't know maybe I'm looking for crap now. Soon will see I guess. Anyway sorry I havn't been on to much lately. Summer and the kids are filling my every minute. I just wanted to pop on to say thank you all so much for the support.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.