Chalean Extreme

I know many really liked it but I didn't. I did it after STS and to me it couldn't compare. I found the exercises awkward and I couldn't go as heavy as I might have liked because of that. I also found Chalene beyond annoying. She was always shouting "Go heavy or go home!". I would just grit my teeth. I did do the whole rotation and was glad when it was over. Loved STS.

A while back, there was a thread on the forum. Members stated that their best results were from Chalean Extreme. So, I decided to re-visit her. I had finished the rotation a few years ago. Did the first workout and all the memories came flooding back. Just as PhyllisG stated, Chalene is beyond annoying. The first time I did CE I was just going through the motions, waiting for the rotation to end. But, to be honest, I'm probably not the best judge. A few of the Beachbody instructors get on my last nerve. This is just my humble opinion. I hope it helps. I received much better results from STS and XTrain.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your honest responses! It looked good but perhaps I'll be passing on this one!

I know many really liked it but I didn't. I did it after STS and to me it couldn't compare. I found the exercises awkward and I couldn't go as heavy as I might have liked because of that. I also found Chalene beyond annoying. She was always shouting "Go heavy or go home!". I would just grit my teeth. I did do the whole rotation and was glad when it was over. Loved STS.

I sold mine--just couldn't bear to go back to the workouts after forcing myself to complete the entire program. I also found that I couldn't go as heavy as I needed to because the exercises were awkward. Many like Chalene's personality, but she wasn't for me.

I loved it! I did a rotation using the weight dvds only and lost 7 pounds, and two inches off my waist and butt. I like that was able to get great results in 30-45 minutes a day. I didn't like Turbo Jam and Turbo Kick, but I liked Chalene in these workouts.
Lorrie

I really like her. I don't find her annoying at all. However, I found that she will reach for some hefty weights which I copy the same weight and I'm struggling to get to the 12th rep and she only does a few, then sets it down to walk around and make pointers, etc. I'm pretty strong, but I wonder if she could do 12 reps with the weights she chooses.

I won't do a BB program as prescribed, but I like to incorporate them wherever is appropriate as a change. They're still good workouts.

For me, I'm looking for as much variety as I can by expanding my video collection with workouts I like to do.

I would like to try it because the workouts are 35 to 45 minutes long. And I heard they are full body? So I was looking to get them but then Cathe is coming out with a new series ! No brainier there because honestly I have to say BB products are over priced. I like some of the DVDs like TF is fun but I can't see me preordering or spending money on every program they put out like I do with Cathe.
Now if I can find CE on sale or something yes I'd buy it in a heart beat!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.