cement floor

Hi! I am going to be moving to our lake place for the summer months and we have a screened -in porch area where I will have to do my Cathe step work-outs because that's the only spot that there is room. The problem is that it's a cement floor. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I could put down to work-out on---it would have to be something that could be picked up and stored after each work-out (storage isn't a problem, we have plenty of storage room. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks, Nancy

Check out www.greatmats.com I have a tile floor in the room I workout in, and I put these mats down and it makes it so much better. I know that it is still not great to have a cement or a tile floor, but what can we do about that? My husband said he saw the mats advertised at Home Depot for less than the website price, but I haven't verified it.

Good luck!

Veronica

Veronica--I got lots of good info off the greatmats web site--just a few questions---What type of mat are you using? There's the Dense Foam Mats that are 2x2ft. 5/8" thick and come in a wide variety of colors and there's the Dense Foam Mats that are 4x6' 3/4" thick and come only in black and have a Pebble Anti-slip surface and the underside is Aerobi-Groove. Also, what size are you using? 10x10,? Sorry for all the questions, but I just don't know really what to do . I lean towards the Dense Rubber Mats-- but if you've been using the Dense Foam Mats and they've been working .. I'd like to know as they are cheaper.

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

I am using the dense foam mats. I ordered enough for an 8 by 6 foot area, as I didn't have room for the 10 by 10. I find that the 8 by 6 is just fine...I don't come off of the mat during any of the Cathe videos that I have.

They are nice, because they assemble like a jigsaw puzzle, and when you take them apart and put them back in the box, you can store them in a closet or under a bed.

When I first got them, they were slippery on my tile floor, because there seemed to be a fine powder on them. I just anchored the mat with weight plates. But now, the slipperiness is gone, and I don't have to weigh it down anymore.

Veronica

I have mats from Great Mats on my basement floor, and I love them.

Honeybunch --

Which kind of mats do you have, and what kind of floor are they on? I have carpet over a standard subfloor in my exercise space, but I'd love to work out on something other than carpet -- especially for Cardio Kicks.

Kathy S.

Veronica,
I have the 4x6 dense rubber mats (not from greatmats I got mine at Fleetfarm - they were called horsestall mats, they don't interlock and were only about $40 a piece, but they are simular). These are not mats that you are going to want to move around. They probably weight about 100 lb each. Unless you plan to leave them in you porch area get the foam mats.
Dawn W

Hi Veronica--thanks so much for all your information and help!! I went ahead and ordered a 10x10 dense FOAM mat. I'm so excited!!
I had never heard of greatmats.com and I'm from Minnesota--greatmats.com is out of Minneapolis.

thanks again to you and all of the others who posted!

nancy

I have the mats made for basements, and they are on a cement floor.

Honeybunch! Can you put these mats on a basement floor with carpeting over the carpet? HELP! Thanks a bunch! Kathy

I contacted greatmats.com regarding this same question. They said no. These mats are for concrete/wood floors only and not for a carpeted surface. Darn!

Lorrayne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.