Celebrity Apprentice

petramom

Cathlete
Anyone watch this last night? Holy cow! That was some craptastic television.

I was vaguely aware of Melissa Rivers before this show - she did a TV show about different kinds of fitness equipment and programs that I watched for a while. And I hear she was on some other celebrity game show about "Get Me Off This Island, I'm Famous" or some other nonsense (because I NEVER watch stupid reality shows :rolleyes:). But this - well, this had to be seen.

Oh please please please tell me someone else here watched this. It was soooo disturbing in a totally entertaining kind of way.

Yep, I watched it and was quite shocked. Part of it I think is the amount of pressure that the contestants are under so we're seeing people here "break". The producers have really showed some "nasty" stuff this season. Did you see the show where Jesse basically said Rodman was an alcoholic and needed help? I really like Joan Rivers so I wished she had been more professional and stayed. Wonder what happens next week.

I missed it

Darn it I missed it, what happened? I love that show, my hubby was watching a movie and I forgot it was even on. Please tell me what happened.

I think Joan will come back

Anyone watch this last night? Holy cow! That was some craptastic television.

I was vaguely aware of Melissa Rivers before this show - she did a TV show about different kinds of fitness equipment and programs that I watched for a while. And I hear she was on some other celebrity game show about "Get Me Off This Island, I'm Famous" or some other nonsense (because I NEVER watch stupid reality shows :rolleyes:). But this - well, this had to be seen.

Oh please please please tell me someone else here watched this. It was soooo disturbing in a totally entertaining kind of way.

And I must say I HOPE she comes back - she's my favorite to win it all. I was not a fan of hers back when she was making fun of Liz Taylor's weight, but I've grown to like & respect her as a business person.

Darn it I missed it, what happened? I love that show, my hubby was watching a movie and I forgot it was even on. Please tell me what happened.

Melissa was fired and lost her mind. She started running around screaming at the production people to get her "sh*t" for her. She found her mom and told her that Annie and Brandi were "whores" and "pit vipers." She yelled that she was not going to give an exit interview. Joan also lost her mind and screamed at Annie that she was "white trash" and told Brandi she was stupid. Joan said she was leaving the show. You have to see it to believe it, as every other word was bleeped out. It might be on You Tube by now. It was bizarre.

Melissa has had a persecution complex for a while now, and her victim mentality didn't play well in the boardroom. When Donald asked Brandi why he should keep her, she got very puffed up and said she would bring in more money than anyone else. She would rise to the challenge. When Donald asked Melissa the same thing, she said she was being "maligned" by a "cabal" and that she had two "almost ruptured" tendons or something in her foot. She didn't sell herself, she asked for pity. And none was forthcoming.

Joan continued to refer to Annie as a Nazi, and said she wasn't going to compare Annie to Hitler again because it was insulting to Hitler. Classy. Comparing a competitor in a cheesy TV show to perpetrators of mass genocide is always a good way to win points.

Jesse was a surprise. He became petulant when Clint (Project Manager) wouldn't do Jesse's idea and stayed passive-aggressive through the whole task. Very disappointing. I'd thought he was more mature than that.

I think Celebrity Apprentice reruns on Bravo. Look for it - you will not be disappointed.

This was probably THE best episode yet. Melissa literally running back and forth in her cast, yelling at people, I mean ok you got fired, but ummm put it in perspective, it's a show, not your real job! She over reacted terribly, and I would think will be quite embarassed by this episode.

I did feel sorry for Melissa somewhat in that she was obviously reliving some painful high school years and all, but come on, that was ages ago, and she's a wealthy succesful woman. I just don't get what happened last night.

My thoughts exactly, Dela. What was she thinking? That they weren't going to show her tantrum on TV? That people would watch that and think "hmmm, poor thing is obviously responding in a reasonable and proportionate way?" I have been insanely angry and hurt before too, and I managed to keep my mouth shut because I knew nothing I said at that moment was going to be productive. And no one was videotaping me at the time. So, just bad judgment all around by Melissa and Joan.

Yeah, high school sucks. But it was 20+ years ago. Haven't you had some other experience since then that you can draw on?

THANK YOU!!!

Thanks for the update! I searched the web and only found bits and pieces, your update made much more sense!! I didn't check out youtube, will do, good idea. Thanks again but I am soooo bummed I missed it!!!

What a great thread. . . I didn't watch last night but I have it on DVR and will actually look forward to watching this tonight. . . .

I knew that if Melissa or Joan got fired at any point the other would follow. Which kind of makes me laugh. . . I understand a strong mother/daughter relationship, but c'mon, they truly take it to a new level.

I knew that if Melissa or Joan got fired at any point the other would follow. Which kind of makes me laugh. . . I understand a strong mother/daughter relationship, but c'mon, they truly take it to a new level.

I know!! It's kind of absurd, I kind of feel like if Melissa were a teenager and needed defending, well maybe, but like you said c'mon!!!

Did you see the show where Jesse basically said Rodman was an alcoholic and needed help? I really like Joan Rivers so I wished she had been more professional and stayed. Wonder what happens next week.

Yes, the Rodman thing was pretty odd. I don't know if he really has a drinking problem or not. He didn't seem to object to everyone saying he did, so maybe there's some truth to it.

It's ironic that Joan's blowing her top whenever someone is anything less than deferential to Melissa, when Joan's based her career on insulting people who have done nothing more offensive than wear clothing she doesn't like. Or gain weight. Or not be attractive enough. I hope Liz Taylor and Chelsea Clinton are watching this season.

I was really shocked at Jesse's name calling. Very immature. I think he showed his true colors.

I think Melissa needs to get over high school - it's time.

We just watched last night. I saw this coming. It would have been so much better for her to go out acting grown up and professional. It was sad and disturbing but I'm betting the producers loved it.

Unfortunately I think Melissa let her frustration take over and she didn't put up a very good fight in the boardroom. I'm sure that it would be hard to keep a cool head in that situation, but I kept thinking why the heck are you letting them drag up a past task? I would have pointed out that they won that task and that this isn't about 'that' task, nor is it about how much money a person can raise. It's supposed to be about being creative and thinking quick on your feet. I would have promptly redirected the focus back on the current task. She really needed to emphasize her strenghts and minimize her weakness, but her anger didn't allow her to think that way I guess.

I was also disappointed with Jesse.:( I respected his coolness earlier in the game, but I'm thinking he may not be as cool as I thought. Then again, we only see what they want us to see...

It was a really entertaining show though. But, I think I might pull my hair out if Annie wins. Yuck!!! She's just plain mean.:mad::rolleyes: I hope karma takes care of her.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.